Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:38 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 51468
Default Re: What position do you think would improve the most w/out drafting or FA another pl

DT now that Still and Thompson have more experience in the system. Both looked good in limited snaps this past season.

You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Quote:
The price of greatness is responsibility.-Mike Riley, Oregon State football coach

Rodney Holman-318
Jermaine Gresham-246
Old 01-28-2013, 10:38 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 28434
Default Re: What position do you think would improve the most w/out drafting or FA another pl

Offensive coordinator.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:16 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10682

Going with quarterback. Dalton has improved each year, and this was his first year with a full offseason.

Has 5 4th quarter comebacks already (7 if you include games that are tied). 3rd in the AFC in TD passes. He's looked good against average and below average defenses. The next step is to look good against good defenses.

Dalton will improve, and lead the Bengals to their first playoff victory (and the first one since I've been alive).

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 01-29-2013, 04:25 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 32038

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfkaosaun View Post
Going with quarterback. Dalton has improved each year, and this was his first year with a full offseason.

Has 5 4th quarter comebacks already (7 if you include games that are tied). 3rd in the AFC in TD passes. He's looked good against average and below average defenses. The next step is to look good against good defenses.

Dalton will improve, and lead the Bengals to their first playoff victory (and the first one since I've been alive).
Gotta go with QB as well.

I think Andy will continue to grow and progress.

We will also have a new RB and WR for him, and he will likely get to have 1 center for the entire season, instead of 3.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 01-29-2013, 05:03 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24453
bengals Re: What position do you think would improve the most w/out drafting or FA another pl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerFan View Post
I'm not saying there are any positions we shouldn't draft for or go after big name FAs (well maybe DT) but I'm wondering what position(s) do you think we'll improve at next year with who we currently have. So the question is about players who either weren't healthy (Tony Dye, Jamaal Anderson, Bernard Scott, Mo Sanu, T Wharton, etc.), were developing or weren't able to play for other reasons (Brandon Ghee, S. Praeter, J. Allen, B Joiner) or who did play but might just get better (Andy Dalton, Marvin Jones, Dre Kirk, Boling, T Robinson,).

I know some of these guys might end up cut or not making an impact, but are there any more Geno Atkins' on our roster (Geno sat his first year and I don't think many fans knew what we had in him during that time).
I believe CB and WR. Sanu and Jones both look to be talented young players and in very different ways.

Between Dre, Prater, Ghee, and even Taveon Rogers we should be able to find something.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:14 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5567

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalRugby View Post
Center. Cook was terrible and proved that it wasn't poor guard play that made him look like steaming garbage, but he was in fact playing like steaming garbage. Replacing Cook with an emerging Robinson, who will only get better and stronger as time passes, would be a massive improvement for the o-line.

Cook is garbage. No more excuses left in the tank for him. Time to regret spending the money and move ahead.
100% agree...the worst mistake this team made this year was "giving" Cook his job back...IMHO Robinson was playing very very good for a rookie and I believe that his development will be stunted now...atypical for the Bengals organization.....

games started by Robinson...mind that the first 2 were his first starts....

denver-91
giants-76
chiefs-189
raiders-221
chargers-128
cowboys-146
eagles-157

876 yds total for 125 ypg...that ranks 10th in the league....final year total 18th overall
the other 9 games for 737 yards for 81.8 ypg..that would rank 30th total in NFL

If no one else can see this difference then maybe it is just me...and yes I know you are going to argue that these teams have inferior defenses and blah blah blah...this is the NFL and Cook is not suitable...everyone hated Guysuck and Cook is no better but gets a pass for some reason
Old 01-29-2013, 09:39 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3257

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
Easy, Defensive Tackle.
That's the LEAST position we need help in.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:46 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 73633

Quote:
Originally Posted by khamla View Post
That's the LEAST position we need help in.
Doesn't mean it won't improve a ton with Still and Tompson doing their thing
Old 01-29-2013, 03:34 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1870

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan View Post
boling and zeitler both played pretty well this year, i think they'll both be much better next season.
+1000

This and with Sanu returning as a solid #2 reciever should go a long way in improving our offense.

1. I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever; with my mouth will I make known Thy faithfulness to all generations.

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!
Old 01-29-2013, 04:18 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10682

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
Gotta go with QB as well.

I think Andy will continue to grow and progress.

We will also have a new RB and WR for him, and he will likely get to have 1 center for the entire season, instead of 3.
Even with Sanu back, I think Dalton will progress nicely. And RB, imagine if the Bengals got Giovani Bernard. A home run hitter, they would put people in the box, allowing mismatches with the receivers and tight ends. And the Lawfirm was very good at short yardage conversions.

Put me on the record for this: In 2013-14 season, Dalton will throw for over 30 TDs, 4,000 yards, and give the Bengals their first playoff win in YEARS

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 01-29-2013, 04:19 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1785

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerFan View Post
I'm not saying there are any positions we shouldn't draft for or go after big name FAs (well maybe DT) but I'm wondering what position(s) do you think we'll improve at next year with who we currently have. So the question is about players who either weren't healthy (Tony Dye, Jamaal Anderson, Bernard Scott, Mo Sanu, T Wharton, etc.), were developing or weren't able to play for other reasons (Brandon Ghee, S. Praeter, J. Allen, B Joiner) or who did play but might just get better (Andy Dalton, Marvin Jones, Dre Kirk, Boling, T Robinson,).

I know some of these guys might end up cut or not making an impact, but are there any more Geno Atkins' on our roster (Geno sat his first year and I don't think many fans knew what we had in him during that time).
Easy QB
Old 01-29-2013, 05:40 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3235

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrizzle View Post
I agree. The Center position couldn't have been much worse this season...
I thought center looked good with Robinson in there.

"The IR has been renamed "The Carlos Dunlap" protection program."
Old 01-29-2013, 05:43 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalRugby View Post
Center. Cook was terrible and proved that it wasn't poor guard play that made him look like steaming garbage, but he was in fact playing like steaming garbage. Replacing Cook with an emerging Robinson, who will only get better and stronger as time passes, would be a massive improvement for the o-line.

Cook is garbage. No more excuses left in the tank for him. Time to regret spending the money and move ahead.
I would like to see Robinson get a personal strength-trainer and develop more strength during the off season. I doubt Cook or anyone else could dislodge him from the starting postion if he did that.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:59 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24453
bengals Re: What position do you think would improve the most w/out drafting or FA another pl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old White Guy View Post
Easy QB
What a troll......
Old 01-30-2013, 05:42 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick View Post
I would like to see Robinson get a personal strength-trainer and develop more strength during the off season. I doubt Cook or anyone else could dislodge him from the starting postion if he did that.
I agree.

If he can keep the quick feet and add some strength, he is a keeper.

"I do solemnly swear to Protect and Defend the Consitution of the United States of America Against All Enemies Foereign and Domestic."
We swear to Protect and Defend a Consitution not a party, or a president
Old 01-31-2013, 09:06 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 176

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazz70 View Post
100% agree...the worst mistake this team made this year was "giving" Cook his job back...IMHO Robinson was playing very very good for a rookie and I believe that his development will be stunted now...atypical for the Bengals organization.....

games started by Robinson...mind that the first 2 were his first starts....

denver-91
giants-76
chiefs-189
raiders-221
chargers-128
cowboys-146
eagles-157

876 yds total for 125 ypg...that ranks 10th in the league....final year total 18th overall
the other 9 games for 737 yards for 81.8 ypg..that would rank 30th total in NFL

If no one else can see this difference then maybe it is just me...and yes I know you are going to argue that these teams have inferior defenses and blah blah blah...this is the NFL and Cook is not suitable...everyone hated Guysuck and Cook is no better but gets a pass for some reason
I was thinking the same way when I read the post, but I would have to add O-line in general. Zietler is a beast and will be so much better next year - also he will make Andre Smith even better. Our O-Line should improve the most from this year to next. But, this will also make all other parts of the offense improved as well. Games are won or lost in the trenches y'all.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:34 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 43

What about halfback. We need someone that can put up at least five on more yards per carry. This year the d-line did step up a lot. I was impressed on there stopping the run a lot better. We did have a lot of receivers out but they should be back healthy next season.