Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 01-29-2013, 12:33 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 437
bengals Full Offseason Mock

Resign:
Geno Atkins- 6 yr/ 60-70 million dollar contract
Michael Johnson- 5 yr/ 45-50 million
Andre Smith- 3-4 yr/ 21-30 million
Josh Brown/ Mike Nugent K- 1.5 million/yr
Adam Jones- 2 yr/ 4 million
Thomas Howard- 1 yr/ 2 million
Kevin Huber- 4 yr/ 6 million
Terrance Newman- 1 yr/ 2 million
Robert Geathers- 2 yr/ 4 million
Andrew Hawkins- Tender 1 yr/ 1 million
Cedric Peerman 1 yr/ 1.5 million
Pat Sims 2 yr/ 4 million
TOTAL SPENT: 41.5 million

Cut:
Jason Allen CB
Jamaal Anderson DE
TOTAL SAVED: 4.5 million

Free Agency:
Delanie Walker TE 3-4 yr/ 10-15 million
-Another versatile tight end that can both block and receive. I would think he could play a potential TE/FB flex role which can provide us more flexibility on offense
TOTAL SPENT: 3.5 million

Draft:
Trade down like last year in the first and pick up an extra third
1st (Trade) - DeAndre Hopkins WR/ Terrance Williams WR
-Need more weapons to help Andy. I would go with Hopkins first but if he isn't there then go with Williams. Both have the ability to stretch the field opposite of Green and make plays on offense. Would allow Sanu to play slot and have Marvin Jones give them rest and also make a deadly 4 receiver combo, also allows Baby Hawk to be used more in gadget plays where he is most effective and on special teams
2nd (OAK) - Jonathan Cyprien S
-I know some people will say this is way too high but he is my favorite player in the draft and will be rising up draft boards after the senior bowl. His physicality will be a welcome addition to the defense and can also cover the deep middle and tight ends and backs. He is a must have and will form a great safety duo with Nelson
2nd- Menelik Watson OL
-Watson is a road grader and would fit well in the Bengals offense. I think Watson is loaded with potential after only playing football for the past couple of years. I think he can be versatile and can be a great back-up that will be coached up as he only as a few years of football experience. Since he is a second rounder I can see him stepping right into Roland's role in the unbalanced lines
3rd- Devin Taylor DE
-Maybe a little high for him but fits right into the mold of DE's we have right now. Big and tall can be coached up by Zim. You can never have enough pass rushers and can move inside also on passing downs.
3rd (Trade) - Gerald Hodges LB
-Great in pass coverage and can hold his own in run defense. I think the Bengals should move Burfict to MLB which opens up a need at the WLB position
4th- Zac Stacy RB
-I think he is a diamond in the rough. He may not be as quick and shifty as some backs in the draft but he can catch the ball out of the back field and help in pass protection. With all the other weapons being provided around Dalton this is what we need. Also has shown the ability to hit the home run in college.
5th- Sean Renfree QB
-Provides a quarterback who can grow behind Dalton. He is being drafted late enough that he shouldn't be a threat to Dalton. I think he could develop into a very solid player. He has been coached the last four years by the guy who tutored Peyton Manning.
6th- Vince Williams LB
-LB depth and a potential special teams ace. I think he can also step in and play some LB. Much better at run defense then he is in coverage but as a back-up and special teams player thatís ok
6th- Kerwynn Williams RB
-Change of pace back that could also factor into the return game

Depth Chart:
OFFENSE (25)
QB- Andy Dalton/ Sean Renfree
RB- BJGE/ Zac Stacy/ Cedric Peerman/ Kerwynn Williams
FB- Chris Pressley
TE- Jermaine Gresham/ Delanie Walker/ Orson Charles
WR- AJ Green/ Marvin Jones/ Ryan Whalen
WR- DeAndre Hopkins/ Mohamad Sanu/ Andrew Hawkins
LT- Andrew Whitworth/ Anthony Collins
LG- Travelle Wharton/ Clint Boling
C- Trevor Robinson/ Kyle Cook
RG- Kevin Zeitler/ Menelik Watson
RT- Andre Smith/ Menelik Watson
DEFENSE (25)
DE- Michael Johnson/ Devin Taylor
DE- Carlos Dunlap/ Robert Geathers
DT- Geno Atkins/ Devin Still
DT- Domata Peko/ Pat Sims/ Brandon Thompson
SLB- Emmanuel Lamur / Brandon Joiner/ Aaron Maybin (Dontay Moch)
MLB- Vontaze Burfict/ Vince Williams
WLB- Thomas Howard/ Gerald Hodges
CB- Leon Hall/ Dre Kirkpatrick/ Brandon Ghee
CB- Terrance Newman/ Adam Jones
SS- Jonathan Cyprien/ Taylor Mays
FS- Reggie Nelson/ Illoka
SPECIAL TEAMS (3)
P- Kevin Huber
K- Josh Brown/ Mike Nugent
LS- Clark Harris
PR- Kerwynn Williams/ Adam Jones
KR- Kerwynn Williams/ DeAndre Hopkins

According to John Clayton we will have about 48 million dollars after our rookies are signed. This should leave us about 6 million under the cap which is where I like to be in case we need to sign a veteran during training camp due to injury.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:26 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 468
Default Re: Full Offseason Mock

Get ready to get torn up over this. I'm not the biggest fan but the Hopkins in the first will have people seething.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:21 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 540

I am not going to kill you over the WR thing but I do not think it is in the Bengals best interest to go that route so early with what I think are bigger needs at MLB, Safety, and RB.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:29 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 437

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTWhoDey View Post
Get ready to get torn up over this. I'm not the biggest fan but the Hopkins in the first will have people seething.
Part of me definitely didn't want a receiver in the first round. However after thinking about it, I think the best way for Andy to improve is to add weapons around him. The two (elite) quarterbacks who I think are a good comparison to Dalton are Drew Brees and Matt Ryan. Both of these two are surrounded by weapons on weapons. Both of these two either have two elite wideouts or a large amount to choose from. Both have running backs who aren't burners but a good at running the ball, can block, and can catch check downs and screens when they need to. I think in order for this offense to continue to improve you need weapons and that's what I went with a receiver so high. Someone who can stretch the field opposite AJ and someone who can be reliable and consistent. On top of that, all the other needs that we need S, LB, RB can be found in the later rounds. Look at how many later round running backs made an impact on their teams this year, Bernard Pierce, Alfred Morris, Robery Turbin, Vick Ballard, etc.

Last edited by whodey8585; 01-29-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:09 AM

Rep Points: 12

We need a linebacker. End of story.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:38 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1569

If that's the only FA the Bengals sign......we are in trouble.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:23 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1164

I don't like it, other than maybe Deandre Hopkins, but Darick Rodgers will be there at 2a or 2b and I like him better there. The TE pickup in free agency is not going to happen especially when you already have a high paid Pro Bowl TE and a young promising TE drafted last year, the Back of Qb situation is as likely to change as the HC position. It will remain that way until maybe Zac Robinson takes over that spot but I don't see us drafting another QB. Watson maybe a bit of a reach at 2b I think he's projected as a 3rd rounder right now. Some good ideas though.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:04 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsman1983 View Post
I am not going to kill you over the WR thing but I do not think it is in the Bengals best interest to go that route so early with what I think are bigger needs at MLB, Safety, and RB.
me neither, but for some reason so many people want to take a wr early, they don't realize it would be wasting a damn pick, and also hindering the development of 2 very promising rookies we had this year, it's really starting to get frustrating to see all these mocks with stupid recievers or people having us drafting montee ball