Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 01-29-2013, 05:31 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 344
Default Re: My first (and probably last) 2013 mock

nope rambo is not going in the 2nd bud
Old 01-29-2013, 05:40 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10682

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPChrisHenry View Post
And why not?

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 01-29-2013, 06:51 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 32038

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPChrisHenry View Post
If you say so, it must be true.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 01-29-2013, 07:01 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4098

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals Fan For Life! View Post
Like K. Allen in first...I do think we can pick up Ogletree with 2a pick...if not him another talented cover LB.

Not sure I get the reason to wanting a replacement back up. Did I miss something with Gradkowski? He knows the system well. Why bring someone else in? Grad has proven he can win in the NFL. Dysert may never get there. This position changed dramatically now that teams are only dressing two QBs. If Dysert would be practice squad that's one thing, but dressed and only back up?

I also don't get judging Chase on one week, one game, and even one play. Seriously he is being over criticized for being chopped on that block that sprang Franklin for a 20 yrd run. I get judging someone from a Sun Belt or Mac school because that is the first time they will play NFL caliber competition. Chase did that for years at Stanford and performed well enough to be drafted (and mocked) in 3rd round.

From what I read its not that he was awful or bombed the Senior Bowl practices. Its just that he was completely lost lined up as an OLB in a 4-3 Defense.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:04 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 41964

1- Definately think #2 WR is a huge need for this team. Just not a small slot type

2A- Not a Gio fan but RB is a definate need and he could be good.

2B- Definately a ballhawk, but you have to wonder why a DB with that many INTs is ranked so low

3- Hate Chase in the 2nd round. Could live with him here

4- Definately would be a nice pick if available

5- Mikey wants no part of a QB controversy. This would cause 1.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:15 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
5- Mikey wants no part of a QB controversy. This would cause 1.
I agree for the most part. MB does avoid taking QBs high in the draft when we have an entrenched starter. But I'm not so sure a 5th round QB would cause a controversy. That said, the Dysert pick was closer to what I want than what I think MB will want. If I had to bet on it, I think Bruce will be back.

Edit: We did take Jeff Rowe in the 5th round of the 2007 draft. I forgot about that.

Sig by CinWillWin

Last edited by Shake n Blake; 01-29-2013 at 07:20 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:48 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10585

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
Signing Hartline and taking Elam at 21 is definitely what I would want to do, but I based my mock on what I see happening. With 31 other teams in the league, it's more likely that Hartline will go elsewhere. He does have Ohio ties as you pointed out, so idk. We'll see. Man I hate this point in the offseason.
Hartline will demand upper mid-tier WR money.... probably 8-10 per season...

For that same kind of money we could sign a veteran SS (Landry) then use 21 on a WR instead of reaching for your SS there...... the rookie will make the same no matter what his position.

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 01-29-2013, 09:55 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 51468

Quote:
I agree for the most part. MB does avoid taking QBs high in the draft when we have an entrenched starter. But I'm not so sure a 5th round QB would cause a controversy. That said, the Dysert pick was closer to what I want than what I think MB will want. If I had to bet on it, I think Bruce will be back.

Edit: We did take Jeff Rowe in the 5th round of the 2007 draft. I forgot about that.
A lot of us want to forget Rowe. I hated that pick from the moment it happened.

You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Quote:
The price of greatness is responsibility.-Mike Riley, Oregon State football coach

Rodney Holman-318
Jermaine Gresham-246
Old 01-29-2013, 10:11 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawless_1 View Post
Hartline will demand upper mid-tier WR money.... probably 8-10 per season...

For that same kind of money we could sign a veteran SS (Landry) then use 21 on a WR instead of reaching for your SS there...... the rookie will make the same no matter what his position.
Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald has reported that Hartline will be seeking a deal in the 5-6 million dollar range.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolph...int-cheap.html

I'd probably rather go veteran WR and rookie SS than vice-versa, if we can land Hartline at 5-6 million per.

I do like Landry though, so I guess I wouldn't complain either way, as long as we address both spots.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 01-29-2013, 11:24 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1367

Quote:
1. Keenan Allen - WR - Cal

I'm really not sure the Bengals will land a WR in free agency. Bowe/Wallace/Jennings will cost more than MB is willing to pay, and Hartline could easily stay with the Dolphins or go somewhere else. The other options aren't really worth our time. I think the Bengals will see the success that Atlanta has had with Roddy White/Julio Jones, and try to duplicate that. Keenan Allen should be available at #21. He has the size (6'3" 210 lbs) decent speed (4.51) and production. He's a much better prospect than his former teammate Marvin Jones. I could also see Cordarrelle Patterson here, if he falls to us.

2a. Giovanni Bernard - RB - North Carolina

I've gone back and forth on which RB we will pick, but I keep coming back to Bernard. I really like Christine Michael, but the injuries and lack of production (not his fault) are typically things that the Bengals avoid. Michael would be worth a shot, but I don't see it happening. I really think Jay and Marv want to seriously address RB, so they will be taking one high. Bernard make the most sense. If he's not there, I think we should target Gillislee or Johnathan Franklin later on.

2b. Bacarri Rambo - S - Georgia

This is a pretty deep class of safeties. I don't see us getting Matt Elam (he won't get past the Ravens in round 1), but Rambo is an excellent consolation prize. Good size (6' 210 lbs) and playmaking ability (16 ints, 3 TD's, 34 PD's). Sound tackler. Truly a one man army.

3. Chase Thomas - SLB - Stanford

I really think Marvin sees Burfict as the future at MLB. He recently said something along the lines that Burfict was one of the best players he's coached. High praise. So, I think Burfict will be our starting MLB next season, and Thomas Howard will be back at WLB. That leaves SLB as our one opening. I know we signed Maybin, but who knows if he will work out, and that may have been a smokescreen signing/insurance anyway. I think Thomas (or Porter) is the pick here.

4. Leon McFadden - CB - San Diego State

Clements is almost certainly gone and Newman will turn 35 before the season. We need to take a corner with a quality pick. McFadden is a great value. He's right around Leon Hall's size (5'11" 190 lbs). Had 3 int's last year, 2 returned for scores. Also had 15 PD's.

5. Zac Dysert - QB - Miami

I'm 50/50 on whether or not the Bengals may try to replace Gradkowski. I do know that it would save at least a million to draft one, and it's not like Dalton still needs a mentor. Dysert had the worst showing at the Senior Bowl, and he was considered a 4th round prospect before that. I could see him falling to us in the 5th. He'd make a good backup with potential.

6a. Denard Robinson - ? - Michigan

Some will probably scoff at me having Robinson in the 6th round, but some sites are saying he will go undrafted. He didn't look good running routes at the Senior Bowl, and he apparently has trouble fielding kicks/punts. He does have good athletic ability, so he would make a good PS candidate.

6b. Blaize Foltz - G - TCU

I'm sure we will take a lineman somewhere. I just don't see a need to take one high this year. Whit has at least a couple years left, both guard position are pretty well set, and Cook/Robinson will battle it out at center (hopefully Trevor gets the job). Foltz will be another body for the PS, or maybe he'll be a diamond in the rough.

I don't think Dysert has a future in the NFL. Robinson totally stunk as a KR and WR the entire Senior Bowl week, and Chase looked too slow to be a successful LBer in the NFL. That said, I don't want a WR in Rd 1. I love Bernard in Rd 2, but I on't think he'll be there then.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:03 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 19781

I like it except the Thomas pick.

He looked like a DE trying to play LB at the senior bowl. He is an average (at best) athlete who won't be contributor in pass coverage, which is our linebacking corp's biggest weakness.

Especially considering the SLB or MLB is the one who covers the TE. The last thing we need is a LB with poor CoD covering tight ends like Daniels or Miller next year. Maualuga gave us enough of that to last a life time.

I am for taking a WR in the first two rounds. And Allen is a hell of a nice choice. I am personally partial to Justin Hunter at 37, as I see him as AJ Green lite. He is underrated because he injured himself a year ago and this year was recovering. He still put up great numbers and will be an impact player at a bargain price in this years draft (unless he blows up the combine, which he may).

I'll take literally any player from Georgia as that team just manufactures talent, especially for us (Odell Thurman, David Pollack, Geno Atkins, Robert Geathers, AJ Green, Clint Boling, Orson Charles).

McFadden exploded at the Senior Bowl. I see him as a day 2 pick unless he mightily struggles at the combine. But if he is there in the 4th, I'd jump at the chance to draft that young man.

Overall, very nice.

Dysert will be a bust, most likely, but he has the physical tools to succeed if he learns how to throw a football correctly.

5-4-14
Round 1: CALVIN PRYOR Safety Louisville
Round 2: MARCUS MARTIN Center USC
Round 3: STANLEY JEAN-BAPTISTE CB Nebraska
Round 4: JACK MEWHORT OT OSU
Round 5: TAJH BOYD QB Clemson
Round 6: CODY HOFFMAN WR BYU
Round 6: TREVOR REILLY OLB/DE Utah
Round 7: AARON LYNCH DE South Florida
Round 7: DAMIEN WILLIAMS RB Oklahoma
Old 01-30-2013, 01:57 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1663

I pretty much like this draft. But I'd much have Cordarelle Patterson in the first if we decide to go wr. I like going for rb, safety and linebacker, also. But we've got to try and pick up somebody at these positions in free agency. You can't count on the draft for all of it.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:44 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCloud View Post
I pretty much like this draft. But I'd much have Cordarelle Patterson in the first if we decide to go wr. I like going for rb, safety and linebacker, also. But we've got to try and pick up somebody at these positions in free agency. You can't count on the draft for all of it.
Very true, and I hope we don't. Maybe I'll make a post-free agency mock.

Hopefully we have a Hartline, Reggie Bush or a LaRon Landry at that point.

Sig by CinWillWin