Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:14 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18073
Default Update On Traveling

This school that's three and a half hours south in Kentucky just got a grant to have me come down to present. I'm kind of a big deal so they received a grant for me and makes me feel like a pretty big deal (I told them I'd make it work, grant or not.)

I hope this is the start of bigger things because it's my dream to travel and present

This board's family to me so I figured I'd share

Visit my site or if you know of any schools, companies, youth groups, etc., that are in need of a public speaker.

Last edited by bradfritz21; 01-29-2013 at 08:43 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:19 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1446
Default Re: Update On Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
This school that's three and a half hours south in Kentucky just got a grant to have me come down to present. Kind of a big deal that they received a grant for me and makes me feel like a pretty big deal

I hope this is the start of bigger things because it's my dream to travel and present

Congrats. That sounds great. Obviously you are developing a rep as a motivational speaker to justify bringing you in from that far away. Suggestion; you should tape a bit of one of your presentations and post it on here so we can get a peak at what it is you're doing. You never know who might see it and where that may take you.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:26 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by auggie View Post
Congrats. That sounds great. Obviously you are developing a rep as a motivational speaker to justify bringing you in from that far away. Suggestion; you should tape a bit of one of your presentations and post it on here so we can get a peak at what it is you're doing. You never know who might see it and where that may take you.
That's a good idea.

The link to my signature will take you to my website where you can see a copy of my presentation (doesn't have all the pictures or any of the videos, though, and you also wouldn't get to see me answering questions).

I do like the idea because you never know

Visit my site or if you know of any schools, companies, youth groups, etc., that are in need of a public speaker.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:41 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13223

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
This school that's three and a half hours south in Kentucky just got a grant to have me come down to present. I'm kind of a big deal so they received a grant for me and makes me feel like a pretty big deal (I them I'd make it work, grant or not.)

I can be your manager for a reasonable cut.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:44 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1205

Congrats !
Old 01-29-2013, 07:57 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 52029

This is cool Brad! When do you go?
Old 01-29-2013, 08:05 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7952

Congrats!! What will you be discussing or showing in this presentation?
What's it about and what is it that you do?
Old 01-29-2013, 08:58 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcats forever View Post
This is cool Brad! When do you go?
They're still working out the details on possible dates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmcneil71 View Post
Congrats!! What will you be discussing or showing in this presentation?
What's it about and what is it that you do?
I'm a public speaker that can't talk (go figure). It's a presentation about my life and it's on PowerPoint because I can't talk much (I mostly use a brick-size computer to talk).

When I was 15, my 15 year old best friend decided it would be a good idea to drive me and another friend down the street to another friend's house where we drank some, and then to another friend's who lived in the cemetery (his dad's the caretaker so their house is back there). We drank more, left to go get gas, came back, and then went joy riding. He does one loop around the cemetery and then speeds around a corner, loses control, and hits a tree right where I'm sitting. The other two walk away without a bruise but I suffer a traumatic brain injury, collapsed lung, and a fractured jaw, among other things.

I was in a three month coma, during which I was declared brain dead.

I woke up from the coma unable to walk or talk.

It goes through recovering, going back to school, losing faith, planning on kiling myself, and then what changed me.

You can go to my website in my sig if you want to learn more about me and what I do, or if you know of any schools, colleges, companies, churches, or anywhere else that could use a public "speaker".

(Sorry to anybody that had to read that all again because it has to be annoying having heard that so many times in other explanations.)

Last edited by bradfritz21; 01-29-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:41 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7952

Man, that's a terrible turn of events. Awesome that out of it you are moving forward and doing something that you're passionate about. Thanks for sharing and big props to you for staying positive.
I sing and play guitar for a living. If I ever lost my voice it would be a very hard pill for me to swallow.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:35 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmcneil71 View Post
Man, that's a terrible turn of events. Awesome that out of it you are moving forward and doing something that you're passionate about. Thanks for sharing and big props to you for staying positive.
I sing and play guitar for a living. If I ever lost my voice it would be a very hard pill for me to swallow.
Thanks. There's a lot more about before the wreck to it that makes it even harder to believe because I had so much going for me.

Whole life was yanked from under me in a split-second.

Just trying to make the best of what I have left.