Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 01-29-2013, 02:33 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 10406
Default Re: The madness has to stop!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvnit2 View Post
Like I said, if he goes and we fall down defensively, fans need to look in the mirror and own up to their bashing mistakes.

Also, I have seen James Harrison abused in coverage as well as Brian Urlacher It happens to the best of them. Marshall had a history of making MLB's look awful in coverage.
So you think Rey is good? Yeah, getting abused does happen to the best of them but with Rey it happens too often and teams are starting to realize that and will pick on him knowing eventually or more often than not that it will pay off. He is indecisive and second guesses himself too much, he plays with zero instinct. I don't know if you really think he is decent or just being homerish but they eyeball test says Rey is terrible.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:41 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1013
Default Re: What are the Bengals going to do with Rey Maualuga?

There is a chance for the Bengals to upgrade the MLB spot on the roster that is for sure but I do not think Rey is terrible. Terrible players bag groceries and sell insurance. Some people on here like yourself just seem like they need to blow people up in general.

Check out: http://bengalsnfldraft.blogspot.com/ @WHO_DEY_DOUGH on twitter

Old 01-29-2013, 02:53 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBENGALfanatic View Post
There is a chance for the Bengals to upgrade the MLB spot on the roster that is for sure but I do not think Rey is terrible. Terrible players bag groceries and sell insurance. Some people on here like yourself just seem like they need to blow people up in general.
Yeah because I do it so often on here that you know that is what this is all about. Some people on here like yourself like to pigeon hole people that they disagree with. I think Rey is terrible because of what I see on the field not because I like to blow people up.

Hey, how about Geno? I hope we don't make a mistake and re-sign him.....he's just terrible.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:57 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispy View Post
Yeah because I do it so often on here that you know that is what this is all about. Some people on here like yourself like to pigeon hole people that they disagree with. I think Rey is terrible because of what I see on the field not because I like to blow people up.

Hey, how about Geno? I hope we don't make a mistake and re-sign him.....he's just terrible.
Fair enough and I deserved that one! LOL!

To be clear it is not that you disagree with me and thatís why I love these boards. Itís that you are spouting off lies. Rey may not be the best fit or option anymore and I agree with that but terrible?

Old 01-29-2013, 03:00 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Fair enough and I deserved that one! LOL!

To be clear it is not that you disagree with me and thatís why I love these boards. Itís that you are spouting off lies. Rey may not be the best fit or option anymore and I agree with that but terrible?
Lies? Try opinion. You might disagree with it but it is still just an opinion not a lie. And yes I think he is terrible. I don't see the leadership, the passion or the instinct. All things you would want from a MLB and he doesn't have it.

Terrible.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:02 PM
VIP Silver Member

LOL! Fair enough, I do not think there are many terrible football players starting for many NFL teams.

LAST WORD!

Old 01-29-2013, 03:27 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
LOL! Fair enough, I do not think there are many terrible football players starting for many NFL teams.

LAST WORD!
Ok, here's my last words also. lol

I'm sure Rey is a better MLB then everyone on this board and the majority of people out there but as far as starting quality NFL MLB standards go I feel he is terrible.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:28 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18549

Quote:

LAST WORD!
Terrible is used relative to other NFL players.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:31 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1870
Default Re: Goodbye Rey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helldog View Post
What exactly do you like about this guy? Just curious.
I like that he's a high motor guy and he's decent against the run when he simmers down and plays with control. But, he frustrates me when he over runs a play or lets a tight end or running back blow by him to make a catch for a first down.

1. I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever; with my mouth will I make known Thy faithfulness to all generations.

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!
Old 01-29-2013, 03:41 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 114

My opinion -

Rey's shortfalls are hidden because our D-Line is great. He doesn't get off blocks well, terrible angles to the ball carrier and coverage is terrible. That being said, if you put him one on one in an Oklahoma drill he would annihilate the ball carrier. But this ain't college or practice.

If any team does their homework, they will throw the ball early on play action and to the tight end on any down and distant plays a lah Houston.

Rey has peaked and that peak was in college. TE's now a days are too fast and too strong for a stone foot linebacker. Other teams will look at the Houston game plan and attack us that way.

Aaron Maybin seals Rey's fate. Do I like him - drafted high by Cincy so I wanted him to be good. His instincts are not there.

Burflict on the other hand of course plays well because the line plays well but he brings swagger, rarely misses a tackle, off the wall instincts and he in turn enhances the play of the D-Line by the energy and excitement he brings on every play.

Cincy is loaded before the draft except for running back, safety and lb. I haven't questioned their movement in the draft in a long time but I personally think this is the year they trade some picks and move up take Sack Man Jones out of GA.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:41 PM
VIP Silver Member

Default Re: Goodbye Rey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Time Bengal Fan View Post
I like that he's a high motor guy and he's decent against the run when he simmers down and plays with control. But, he frustrates me when he over runs a play or lets a tight end or running back blow by him to make a catch for a first down.
Soooo you like him about 2% of the time......
Old 01-29-2013, 06:00 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1791

Quote:
Originally Posted by khamla View Post
I wouldn't mind him as a back up to Burfict int he middle.
Whoever drafted Rivers and Malaloosa should not be allowed in the draft room.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:12 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 19786

Best case scenario is for the team let him go and move on.

Worst case scenario they don't.

And worse than the worst case scenario is that Rey is the starting MLB next season because that is what the coaches want to happen.

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown
We did some good things today. - Marvin Lewis

Old 01-30-2013, 06:17 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 76
bengals Re: What are the Bengals going to do with Rey Maualuga?

I don't usually comment on topics like this but I'm just going to share my words! His first 2 seasons ok, he looked like something, got moved to MLB, first few games did good, then I thought its just a slump he will stop making stupid mistakes and make everyone look stupid for talking bad about him!! well guess what I was wrong, however I know as soon as the bengals let him go he will go somewhere and do something. But I think thats what we need to do. In a trade the bengals might be able to get a 5th out of him, they did get what a 5th or 6th out of Rivers so I think we can. But if no trade can go then we need to release him to get out of his contract! Burvict I think can take over the MLB when Howard comes back, honestly I think thats the reason we got him.

Don't expect me to comment on this post again, so do not reply because I will not click on this post again!
Old 01-30-2013, 07:26 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1198

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsPhilsTime View Post
I don't usually comment on topics like this but I'm just going to share my words! His first 2 seasons ok, he looked like something, got moved to MLB, first few games did good, then I thought its just a slump he will stop making stupid mistakes and make everyone look stupid for talking bad about him!! well guess what I was wrong, however I know as soon as the bengals let him go he will go somewhere and do something. But I think thats what we need to do. In a trade the bengals might be able to get a 5th out of him, they did get what a 5th or 6th out of Rivers so I think we can. But if no trade can go then we need to release him to get out of his contract! Burvict I think can take over the MLB when Howard comes back, honestly I think thats the reason we got him.

Don't expect me to comment on this post again, so do not reply because I will not click on this post again!
I think that sums up how everyone felt about him. Just there are a few who truly believe he is good. They use reasoning like: what if Burfict under performs, some how burficts performance will make Rey good. Then there is the look at his jump on pile ranking (total tackles). Some even use the tissue paper defense of well he had the team captain C on his chest while neglecting to realize he didnt have it all season and definately didn't get it because of performance. And also there is the if he goes to another team he will be good mindset.... All these factors do not make him a good linebacker, just highlights how terrible he is and how much ppl search for things to make him good on the field with out using linebacker tangibles as the measuring stick.

Last edited by CINCYPRODUCT; 01-30-2013 at 07:29 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:37 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 540

I love that this thread has gone as far as it has. Thanks for all of your participation!
Old 01-30-2013, 07:54 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1680
bengals Re: The madness has to stop!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINCYPRODUCT View Post
Lol I had so many counter points to that mess he posted but decided it wasn't worth my time.
Rey Rey should be traded or let go as he has slow feet for the nfl today.I think he tries hard, but makes too many mistakes and is hurting the team.He will probably be asked to training camp and given one more try-out, but my guess is he will not make it. I for one hope they release him or trade him.There is better linebackers out there and we need that position to be very strong. Who knows what our coaching staff will do.I believe all of us wanted this guy to do well. Heck, I wear his number on my jersey as I was stoked when they drafted him. He has been a big dissapointment for all of us, espicially marvin.I believe all of us on here agree he has not lived up to what we expected.I look for our team to draft a linebacker in this draft.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:56 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Maybe he goes to the Ravens to replace Ray and we have someone to aim our offense at for the next few years.

Seriously, maybe he'd have a shot with a 3-4 team.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:37 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 886

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick View Post
Whoever drafted Rivers and Malaloosa should not be allowed in the draft room.
Dunno about Rivers, but according to urban legend, Maualuga was Marvin's call.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:36 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanHero View Post
Dunno about Rivers, but according to urban legend, Maualuga was Marvin's call.
Rivers was plagued with injuries, but played well when healthy.
Maualuga was plagued with bad, and never recovered.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:54 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 28182
Default Re: The madness has to stop!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvnit2 View Post
Like I said, if he goes and we fall down defensively, fans need to look in the mirror and own up to their bashing mistakes.
Oh please. Nothing discussed here will make a difference whatsoever. If they bring Rey back it will be because the coaches want him back. People here have no more reason to own up to their bashing than they do for their stupid mocks which are never correct.

Just because you want to tell everyone "I told you so", doesn't mean people should or will feel oblibated to "own up". That's just stupid.

-Stewwy
---------------------------------------------------
ESPN has the journalistic integrity of a turnip!
Old 01-30-2013, 01:57 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 29994

You sign Rey to a 1 year deal until you are sure you have an adaquate replacement.

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 01-30-2013, 02:04 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 28182

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoMorph View Post
You sign Rey to a 1 year deal until you are sure you have an adaquate replacement.
For all we know, the coaches may think we HAVE an adequate replacement on the roster. You're making the assumption that we do not. The coaches may disagree. The bottom line is that we need to wait and see. But 10 pages of pure specualtion is more fun I suppose.

-Stewwy
---------------------------------------------------
ESPN has the journalistic integrity of a turnip!
Old 01-30-2013, 02:06 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewy View Post
For all we know, the coaches may think we HAVE an adequate replacement on the roster. You're making the assumption that we do not. The coaches may disagree. The bottom line is that we need to wait and see. But 10 pages of pure specualtion is more fun I suppose.
Aside from speculation, what else is there at this time of year. And btw, speculate and suppose are not all that different.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:53 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1350

you get released because you **** !!