Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Around the NFL

Around the NFL Discuss the other 31 teams and the NFL in general.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:40 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1594
Default Poor Ray Lewis!

Ray is on the horns of a dilemma! I mean deer antlers. After getting all these questions about banned substances, now they keep asking him about his involvement in the old murder case. He said the reporters weren't qualified to ask, and that this was God's time.

Great answer. Maybe he could burst into prayer every time they ask him something he doesn't want to deal with. That phony.

Bur the deer antler spray may explain his dancing, which pretty much looks like a deer in heat.

Love seeing them stick it to this phony crapolla artist.

Good player, though. I admit that.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:43 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23677
bengals Re: Poor Ray Lewis!

I would like to know what happened to the investigation into the Miami Football program.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:52 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1915
Default Re: Poor Ray Lewis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCloud View Post
Ray is on the horns of a dilemma! I mean deer antlers. After getting all these questions about banned substances, now they keep asking him about his involvement in the old murder case. He said the reporters weren't qualified to ask, and that this was God's time.

Great answer. Maybe he could burst into prayer every time they ask him something he doesn't want to deal with. That phony.

Bur the deer antler spray may explain his dancing, which pretty much looks like a deer in heat.

What right do you have to judge the man? Did he commit the crime, who truly knows, was he convicted of any crime, no. He has done numerous great things for not only the NFL but several less fortunate individuals throughout his career. He is merely a man who made a change in his life to do good and represent the religion and lifestyle he chose to the best of his ability, and for that I for one cannot look or speak down upon him. I respect Ray Lewis more than most any other men walking this earth for the things he has done with his life. You speaking out here is the same low blows the reporters asking the questions are throwing, instead of speaking about the great things he has done acquisitions from a decade ago are brought up... That just shows how sad our society is becoming. He deserves the respect he has earned, if you have not watched the Football Life story on him, you should.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:01 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideline Tweeting 101 View Post
What right do you have to judge the man? Did he commit the crime, who truly knows, was he convicted of any crime, no. He has done numerous great things for not only the NFL but several less fortunate individuals throughout his career. He is merely a man who made a change in his life to do good and represent the religion and lifestyle he chose to the best of his ability, and for that I for one cannot look or speak down upon him. I respect Ray Lewis more than most any other men walking this earth for the things he has done with his life. You speaking out here is the same low blows the reporters asking the questions are throwing, instead of speaking about the great things he has done acquisitions from a decade ago are brought up... That just shows how sad our society is becoming. He deserves the respect he has earned, if you have not watched the Football Life story on him, you should.
So since he became a chrisitan and helped out the less fortunate, that makes the murders ok? I'm sure the familys of the deceased wouldn't care what changes he has made in his life, he still took the lives of 2 men, or at least witnessed them, and never came clean about it, leaving the familys still to this day without closure and peace.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:03 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
I would like to know what happened to the investigation into the Miami Football program.
That's a good point, as would I.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:05 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson_fan1988 View Post
So since he became a chrisitan and helped out the less fortunate, that makes the murders ok? I'm sure the familys of the deceased wouldn't care what changes he has made in his life, he still took the lives of 2 men, or at least witnessed them, and never came clean about it, leaving the familys still to this day without closure and peace.
You are assuming, he has never been convicted of any crime. Just because you assume he murdered someone does not mean its true, the families of the deceased cannot feel any different about Ray because the evidence was not there to convict him. Just because someone says something about someone else does not make it true.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:07 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
You are assuming, he has never been convicted of any crime. Just because you assume he murdered someone does not mean its true, the families of the deceased cannot feel any different about Ray because the evidence was not there to convict him. Just because someone says something about someone else does not make it true.
So by that statement, you would tell me that you couldn't say if OJ did it or not? If he was innocent, then he wouldn't have gotten rid of his white suit he was wearing that night. You know? the one they never found.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:10 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
So by that statement, you would tell me that you couldn't say if OJ did it or not? If he was innocent, then he wouldn't have gotten rid of his white suit he was wearing that night. You know? the one they never found.
And by this statement I would assume that you have no use for the Justice system in this country and would prefer people get murdered in the street because someone claims they did something. OJ went to trial and was found innocent, he was later convicted of numerous crimes and sentenced to prison for what will end up being the rest of his life. This shows that his character was flawed and there is a very good chance he killed his wife even though he was found innocent. Since these allegations against Ray Lewis have you heard of anything other than positive deeds in his life? Karma may not be recognized by all, but it has a funny way of getting back around to those who deserve it.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:15 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5793

Quote:
Maybe he found religion to deal with the guilt?

COACH HUE, PLEASE UNLEASH THIS BEAST!!!
Old 01-29-2013, 04:15 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
And by this statement I would assume that you have no use for the Justice system in this country and would prefer people get murdered in the street because someone claims they did something. OJ went to trial and was found innocent, he was later convicted of numerous crimes and sentenced to prison for what will end up being the rest of his life. This shows that his character was flawed and there is a very good chance he killed his wife even though he was found innocent. Since these allegations against Ray Lewis have you heard of anything other than positive deeds in his life? Karma may not be recognized by all, but it has a funny way of getting back around to those who deserve it.
No he hasn't done anything since that night, and i'm not saying he has been a bad person. I just think that him being a famous NFL player and having alot of money helped him out. I mean they never even convicted anyone, they just closed the case, when all the witnesses at the party saw him and his friends getting into an argument with the two men. I know it isn't hard evidence, but just put all the pieces together. It might not have been enough to convict him, but anyone with logical sense can see he was involved in some way.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:22 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliJack View Post
Maybe he found religion to deal with the guilt?
Which in my eyes should be looked at as a blessing for the deceased (assuming Ray was involved). Their death changed the life of a man who has been able to change the life of millions, I would say that someones plan came into fruition here. Think about how many inner city kids that may have been headed down the wrong path but chose to follow in Ray's footsteps and live a good life and work hard to achieve their goals. Without the events that took place all of these lives may not have been changed and all of these kids could be sitting in prison or dead right now. There is always a positive in a situation if you look for it, and with Ray Lewis there are far more positives than negatives.

Look at it this way, if your death could alter the lives of millions of people for the good, would you make that sacrifice?
Old 01-29-2013, 04:27 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Which in my eyes should be looked at as a blessing for the deceased (assuming Ray was involved). Their death changed the life of a man who has been able to change the life of millions, I would say that someones plan came into fruition here. Think about how many inner city kids that may have been headed down the wrong path but chose to follow in Ray's footsteps and live a good life and work hard to achieve their goals. Without the events that took place all of these lives may not have been changed and all of these kids could be sitting in prison or dead right now. There is always a positive in a situation if you look for it, and with Ray Lewis there are far more positives than negatives.

Look at it this way, if your death could alter the lives of millions of people for the good, would you make that sacrifice?
Not exactly a well thought out plan.. kill 2 innocent men so that the killer can become a rolemodel for kids?
Old 01-29-2013, 04:41 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2575

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCloud View Post

Maybe he should have a meeting with father Tebow

I support Andy Dalton 100 percent. Some fans expect too much too soon or from too little.

Dalton is not the problem. Sometimes I think the only reason people gripe about him is because they have nothing better to do or simply like to read the word of their own writing, similar to when people complaining just to hear the sound of their own voice.

If the world has no faith in me, Then I have no faith in it.

Prosperity should not be shared with those who did not earn it.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:00 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 33476

Quote:
Come on dude is 37 returning from an injurey that takes younger guys out for months.

you know hes using something hes not suppose to...
Old 01-29-2013, 05:05 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 38778

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
Come on dude is 37 returning from an injurey that takes younger guys out for months.

...the blood and body of Christ?
Old 01-30-2013, 08:21 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post

Hard work and drive goes a long way, look at what he did in the offseason last year to get ready for this year. The man is a freak athlete and their bodies heal and adapt at a much faster rate than most. He works harder than probably 90% of the players in the NFL so him healing faster is not far fetched or unexpected in my opinion.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:34 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 13452

LOL....Deer Antler Spray....LOL.....If anyone thinks that deer antler spray inhibits any type of healing or Human Growth should be slapped for being so stupid.

This guys just looking for publicity for his company and product. It's a free endorsement to say that Ray Lewis "needed" his product in order to get in shape to play in the Super Bowl. If the Ravens don't make it to the big dance, I doubt this ever even comes out. Like someone else said, he's gonna sit on it for three months until an hour before SB media day? The only reason the media is riding it, is because the whole murder angle is just rehashed, and there's no story to tell about this SB other than Harbaugh vs. Harbaugh.

BMOREBLITZ
Old 01-30-2013, 08:55 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 5479

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
LOL....Deer Antler Spray....LOL.....If anyone thinks that deer antler spray inhibits any type of healing or Human Growth should be slapped for being so stupid.

This guys just looking for publicity for his company and product. It's a free endorsement to say that Ray Lewis "needed" his product in order to get in shape to play in the Super Bowl. If the Ravens don't make it to the big dance, I doubt this ever even comes out. Like someone else said, he's gonna sit on it for three months until an hour before SB media day? The only reason the media is riding it, is because the whole murder angle is just rehashed, and there's no story to tell about this SB other than Harbaugh vs. Harbaugh.
Did you listen to his interview on ESPN. (the company owner)?
And it was SI, that released the story, an hour before media day.

How is antler spray banned?
Why isn't red meat and eggs banned?
This story is ridiculous!

Ray-Ray will try to throw this guy under the bus, even though they have done business in the past. Foot.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:13 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1025

First things first, I respect Ray Lewis, the football player, because he is going to go down as one of the greatest linebackers to ever play the game. With that said, I cant frekin' stand the guy. I constantly root against the Ravens and I would love to see Ray Lewis' career end with a devistating loss in the Super Bowl and watch him cry like a little girl when its all done.

I find the timing of this situation to be a little odd. He came back fairly quick from an injury that would sideline a younger player for the rest of the season. Going into the playoffs he announced his retirement at the end of the season. While responding to the question at media day, he pretty much said "NO COMMENT," never once did he respond with a "NO!" All he said was he was not going to give the guy any press and if you ask me, that sounds a little sketchy. If you put all of it together, you could see the reasoning for him wanting to take some form of steriods. It was his last run at the Lombardi Trophy and he was going to do anything possible to get it.

This is just my opinion. Fortunately for us, we live in a country where you are innocent until proven guilty. So it will be interesting to see how this situation / story unfolds.

Here Us......ROAR!!!
Old 01-30-2013, 09:51 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Huh?
Just my opinion, but if one of my children were to be murdered I would prefer that person sit and rot, alone, until death visits.
And to want any youth to follow in Ray's footsteps? Really?
Ray is a FRAUD!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:45 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18133

Quote:
No he hasn't done anything since that night, and i'm not saying he has been a bad person. I just think that him being a famous NFL player and having alot of money helped him out. I mean they never even convicted anyone, they just closed the case, when all the witnesses at the party saw him and his friends getting into an argument with the two men. I know it isn't hard evidence, but just put all the pieces together. It might not have been enough to convict him, but anyone with logical sense can see he was involved in some way.

God forgave Paul from persecuting and killing many Christians. Paul killed and persecuted many before turning his life around.

http://robertwells.tripod.com/sinner.html

If you are without sin, then throw your stones!!!!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:59 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 61

Quote:
only reason OJ was not found guilty because the people would burn down the city if so..Rondy King..and i think Ray Lewis had something to hide..its great to have money..
Old 01-30-2013, 11:01 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalYankee View Post
God forgave Paul from persecuting and killing many Christians. Paul killed and persecuted many before turning his life around.

Well said, I was trying to get across the same point without getting too deep into religion on the forum.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:11 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 13452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewee28 View Post
I find the timing of this situation to be a little odd. He came back fairly quick from an injury that would sideline a younger player for the rest of the season. Going into the playoffs he announced his retirement at the end of the season. While responding to the question at media day, he pretty much said "NO COMMENT," never once did he respond with a "NO!" All he said was he was not going to give the guy any press and if you ask me, that sounds a little sketchy. If you put all of it together, you could see the reasoning for him wanting to take some form of steriods. It was his last run at the Lombardi Trophy and he was going to do anything possible to get it.
Ummm I'm pretty sure he said " Lewis told reporters, No. Never.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1250503

No way Deer Antler Spray can heal or induce any Human growth. Like HGH can.
Plus Lewis was suffering from Atrophy which won't happen if taking Steroids or HGH.

BMOREBLITZ
Old 01-30-2013, 11:18 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalYankee View Post

So Ray=Saul?
And his road to Damascus led him to Atlanta?
Where he saw the LIGHT?
And now he has the power of God, to spread his good news?

Forgive me if I come off like a "doubting Thomas".