Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:33 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3270
Default Need to lose weight.

I need to drop 20 lbs. I'm @ about 200 lbs. I'm 5'7".

Anyone else in that kind of situation?

Any tips?
Old 01-30-2013, 01:51 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 27524
Default Re: Need to lose weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDragon View Post

Any tips?
Well how fast do you need to lose it there are many ways to lose 20 pounds..

the easiest would be to stop drinking anything that isnt water. or juice

//

Or Cut all sugar from your diet.

and cardio exercises.

Or go to a steam room and sweat it out lol (comes back when you drink fluids.)

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 01-30-2013, 02:00 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 991

Yes Sir!!!

Advocare 24 Day Challenge

http://www.advocare.com/products/trim/99038.aspx

Read up on it. It is a weight loss system that cleanses your body for the first 10 days. Once the cleanse is over, you begin taking weight loss supplements (14 days) that help speed up metabolism as well as give you energy and overall body wellness. Its a little pricey ($180 for the bundle) but it does wonders!!

The 24 Day Challenge bundle:

10 Day Cleanse - Fiber Drink, Probiotic Pills, Cleanse Pills, Spark energy drink
14 Day Weight Loss - weight loss supplements, spark energy drink, meal replacement shakes

My personal success story......

26 years old who coaches high school baseball. Put on a lot of weight during the season mainly because I dont have time to go home and cook, so I usually picked up fast food on the way home from the games. Once the season was over, I weighed 268 lbs. The biggest I have ever been. I began the challenge, did everything by the book and ended up losing about 25-28 pounds within 24 days. I continued the eating habits / routine while still popping the weight loss supplements and ended up getting down to 220. I lost nearly 50 pounds by the end of summer. Completely changes your eating habbits as well as gives you tons of energy. I feel a lot better and my body reacted very well to it. It did wonders for me. I am currently doing another challenge in hopes to getting down to 200 by the time summer starts. I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who is looking to lose weight.

Good luck!

Here Us......ROAR!!!
Old 01-30-2013, 02:30 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7038

Quote:

Any tips?
You plan on lifting weights at all or would like to? If so, would be a good way to turn a good portion of that fat into muscle while having to do little cardio. Need to eat good too, of course, which isn't as hard as most people make out to be, if you go about it right.

I spend Sunday / Monday cooking all my turkey , chicken and lean meats. I cook them in bulk and slap them in containers that way I can easily just reheat it at work or where ever.

Motivation and being consistent, just need to make it routine and you'll adapt to it!
Old 01-30-2013, 02:34 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8837

Quote:

Any tips?
not being on the bengals message board would be a start
4th Dri Archer RB
5th Morgan Breslin LB
6th Andrew Jackson LB
6th Isaiah Crowell RB
7th Zach Moore DE
7th Zac Kerin C
UDFA Keith Smith LB
UDFA Carrington Byndom CB
UDFA Jerome Smith RB
UDFA Bryn Renner QB
UDFA Isaiah Burse WR
UDFA Chaz Sutton DE
UDFA Charles Leno G
UDFA AC Leonard TE
http://youtu.be/TOFXFOvqlXE
A wise man learns from his mistakes but a wiser man learns from other peoples mistakes
Old 01-30-2013, 02:45 PM
VIP Platinum Member

im not sure what this does but you could try it

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 01-30-2013, 02:50 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helldog View Post
You plan on lifting weights at all or would like to? If so, would be a good way to turn a good portion of that fat into muscle while having to do little cardio. Need to eat good too, of course, which isn't as hard as most people make out to be, if you go about it right.

I spend Sunday / Monday cooking all my turkey , chicken and lean meats. I cook them in bulk and slap them in containers that way I can easily just reheat it at work or where ever.

Motivation and being consistent, just need to make it routine and you'll adapt to it!
Lifting weights - yes.

Eating right - there's the problem. House full of people that DON'T eat right.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:58 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Location: rfaulk34 is dumb, BTB is dumber...However Neek is the Mt. Everest of dumb….
Rep Points: 26706

Quote:
Lifting weights - yes.

Eating right - there's the problem. House full of people that DON'T eat right.
Take responsibility over your own food intake.

I lost 25 pounds in about 2 months changing the way I ate and riding a bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
You violate the CoC when you discriminate against gender.
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:09 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCitySouth View Post
Take responsibility over your own food intake.

I lost 25 pounds in about 2 months changing the way I ate and riding a bike.
Yeah ive lost 5 lbs in 2 weeks just reducing the amount of soda i drink and increasing the amount of tea and water. And working out about 15 minutes a day. (ive missed a few days too)

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 01-30-2013, 03:21 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17904

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewee28 View Post
Yes Sir!!!

Read up on it. It is a weight loss system that cleanses your body for the first 10 days. Once the cleanse is over, you begin taking weight loss supplements (14 days) that help speed up metabolism as well as give you energy and overall body wellness. Its a little pricey ($180 for the bundle) but it does wonders!!

10 Day Cleanse - Fiber Drink, Probiotic Pills, Cleanse Pills, Spark energy drink
14 Day Weight Loss - weight loss supplements, spark energy drink, meal replacement shakes

26 years old who coaches high school baseball. Put on a lot of weight during the season mainly because I dont have time to go home and cook, so I usually picked up fast food on the way home from the games. Once the season was over, I weighed 268 lbs. The biggest I have ever been. I began the challenge, did everything by the book and ended up losing about 25-28 pounds within 24 days. I continued the eating habits / routine while still popping the weight loss supplements and ended up getting down to 220. I lost nearly 50 pounds by the end of summer. Completely changes your eating habbits as well as gives you tons of energy. I feel a lot better and my body reacted very well to it. It did wonders for me. I am currently doing another challenge in hopes to getting down to 200 by the time summer starts. I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who is looking to lose weight.

Good luck!
Nice to read a success story with a diet like that. In currently 225 and I'm 5'9" and want to get back down to my hockey weight of 189 and this does look intriguing, especially with reading a first-hand account that is actually real.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:28 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewee28 View Post
Yes Sir!!!

Good luck!
Sounds like an advertisement to me.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:54 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helldog View Post

That's a really good idea, I'm stealing it. Aside from the fact that I knew you loved meat, I didn't expect that from you.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:18 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 2271

I just went through the same thing. Here are a few things I did to lose 30lbs in a little over 6 months.

1. Keep a food log for the first 2 weeks. Look at your food, count calories and know what a portion is. For your height/weight you only need between 1200 and 2000 a day.

2. Plan your meals, know what your going to eat, how much and how many calories for each meal. You'll quickly learn what kinds of foods you can eat more of and stay within your calorie goal.

3. Get active but take it slow.

4. Nothing but water after 8:00 pm. This one will **** and will take a while to get used to but will be worth it once you start seeing the results.

5. Realize that this is a lifestyle change. If you don't continue after you meet your goal, the weight will come right back.

Good luck to you!
Old 01-30-2013, 05:01 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 991

Green Dragon & Steeler Eater

No adverstisement boss man. Honest to God, I have tried many different diets in my time from Weight Watchers to Nutri System, the Advocare plan is the best I have ever tried. Im still going strong. The price of the challenge is what motivates me to stick with it. For $180, Im going to work my *** off and not cheat and finger pick fatty foods. Not going to waste the money.

It will change everything from weight, waist, eating routine to checking the labels. I am eating much healthier and feeling better then I have ever felt.

Do some research on it and find some reviews. I am sure youll find some reviews that tell you to stay away from it. But I am one of MANY that has been a success.

Here Us......ROAR!!!
Old 01-30-2013, 05:14 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 18784

It was around this time last year when I got word from my Dr to start working to lower my cholesterol. I quit eating food at night - no snacks after 8:30 pm. Watch what I eat. AND I started a running program.

Couch25K

That took me through the first 9 weeks. It starts out with running 60 seconds and walking 90 for a total of about 20 minutes. Gradually, week to week, you increase your running. By week 9, you're running 30 minutes non-stop. It's not as easy as it sounds, especially if you were as bad out of shape as I was. I went 25 years smoking a pack of Camel non-filters a day. I also switched from cigs to ecigs.

I'm now up to running about 25 miles per week. 10 miles on Sundays, averaging about 10:40 a mile on those longer runs. And I finally did a 5k run under 30 minutes a couple of weeks ago. It's not as good as when I was in the military, but I was in my early 20s back then.

I'm 52 and about 6'1". I went from 214 down to 185 over the course of past year. I'm hoping to get down to about 175-180.

The main thing is that it's given me a lifestyle change. I didn't try to lose it overnight. The only way to take it off and keep it off is to change your habits. I'll never be a competitive runner, but I'm not worried about that. I've got my first half-marthon race coming up in March. I'm entering just to get the t-shirt. If I finish in the top of my age group, that'll be a bonus.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Last edited by Shady; 01-30-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:03 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8748

Quote:

Any tips?
If there's not a time table for this, you should try making small substitutions that will go a long way. I think cutting out everything you love and going straight to nothing but health food is rough. It makes it harder to stick to it. Again, if you have time, try cutting out sugary drinks and replacing them with water or juice. When having dinner, try having more vegetables and lean meats instead of having the larger portion of meat and fatty side dishes.

All of this will only take you to a certain point though. You have to commit time to working out. You don't have to workout every single day for an hour or so, but maybe 3 or 4 times a week, go for a quick run and do some weights for 30 minutes or so. In that time, you could do a mile or so of running and a good amount of weight training.

Any way you end up doing it, I wish you the best of luck. Hope it all works out.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:49 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 24978

Quote:

Any tips?
Congratulations on taking the first step. Admitting you need to drop some pounds takes a lot of guts and I understand your plight because I'm about your height too. Anyone our height who weighs over 200 pounds is at risk for heart attack and stroke. I weigh maybe 160 pounds but I got up to 180 recently -- and I've lost by making only one change: I walk on the treadmill 30 minutes a day. We both have the same issue: Our cardiovascular health is not as good as it should be and that's the thing to change: Just increase the heart rate 30 minutes a day and your metabolism will reset itself automatically. Your blood pressure will drop and so will your resting heart rate. Cardiovascular conditioning stokes the metabolic fire, so to speak, and by doing my daily treadmill routine I lost weight faster than on any diet I ever tried.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:51 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3536

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan_in_Kettering View Post
Congratulations on taking the first step. Admitting you need to drop some pounds takes a lot of guts and I understand your plight because I'm about your height too. Anyone our height who weighs over 200 pounds is at risk for heart attack and stroke. I weigh maybe 160 pounds but I got up to 180 recently -- and I've lost by making only one change: I walk on the treadmill 30 minutes a day. We both have the same issue: Our cardiovascular health is not as good as it should be and that's the thing to change: Just increase the heart rate 30 minutes a day and your metabolism will reset itself automatically. Your blood pressure will drop and so will your resting heart rate. Cardiovascular conditioning stokes the metabolic fire, so to speak, and by doing my daily treadmill routine I lost weight faster than on any diet I ever tried.
I agree 1000%. I lost weight and kept it off because of that 30 mins.

^ If everyone else saw the world as M B sees it!!
Old 01-30-2013, 11:28 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 46857

I lost 10-15 pounds the month I stopped eating fast food for lunch.

I didn't really do it to lose weight, but it was an added bonus.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:44 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1214

Take Smith with you!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by jack1953; 01-30-2013 at 11:53 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:53 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengals23 View Post
If there's not a time table for this, you should try making small substitutions that will go a long way. I think cutting out everything you love and going straight to nothing but health food is rough. It makes it harder to stick to it. Again, if you have time, try cutting out sugary drinks and replacing them with water or juice. When having dinner, try having more vegetables and lean meats instead of having the larger portion of meat and fatty side dishes.

All of this will only take you to a certain point though. You have to commit time to working out. You don't have to workout every single day for an hour or so, but maybe 3 or 4 times a week, go for a quick run and do some weights for 30 minutes or so. In that time, you could do a mile or so of running and a good amount of weight training.

Any way you end up doing it, I wish you the best of luck. Hope it all works out.
Like to do so before the summer. Short fat guy in shorts never looks good on the beach.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:55 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 874

Quote:
Like to do so before the summer. Short fat guy in shorts never looks good on the beach.
I know a few people who have done 17 day diet and south beach diet which are similar. These 2 both seem to have fast results and people I've talked to in the medical field say they are very health ways to lose weight.

A bit about 17 day since I know more about that one. It works on 17 day cycles and there are 4 cycles. If you haven't lost the needed amount by the end of cycle 3 you go back to cycle 1 again. Cycle 4 is more of teaching you to live healthier and maintain results. Teaching you about certain things is what I found most interesting about it. I did the first cycle myself and lost 28 pounds in 17 days. But what that number doesn't show is I also gained muscle mass, so it was more than that in fat an water weight. Most people will gain muscle mass also due to the diet actually introducing exercise which increases with each cycle.

Speaking of which, the first week most people lose an incredible amount of water weight if they don't stay properly hydrated their body actually starts to retain water. Once the body starts getting the proper amount of intake, it stops retaining. I knew a person who just started drinking enough water through the day and she actually lost 3 inches around the waist. Unfortunately that prompted he to do the Atkins diet, which was perhaps the most unhealthy fad diet I have ever seen.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:38 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10330

Right now I am doing 2 a days Monday through Friday. I'm 6 foot tall and 220. I'm trying to drop about 20 pounds and tone up for summer. I get up at 6 and do the Eliptical for 30 mins before work. Then after work I workout with free weights and do abs and such. Only been doing this for about 10 days so I haven't really seen any results. I feel a lot better and have more energy though. Not drinking is the hard part though because I usually smash two fifths every weekend.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:23 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Sex is a great way to burn calories...

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 02-01-2013, 11:46 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 125

No disrespect to anyone in here...but there is an awful lot of terrible information being given out in this thread. I hardly have the time to correct everything but am willing to help in any way if we have a chance to go slowly but surely.

My qualifications:
Bachelors Degree in Exercise Science
Certified by the American College of Sports Medicine as a:
-Certified Personal Trainer
-Health Fitness Specialist (allows me to work directly with higher risk patients)
Certified Group Fitness Instructor
Certified Yoga Instructor
World Kettlebell Club Certified Personal Trainer

Work History:
Head trainer at two seperate big gym chains (Urban and LA Fitness)
Turned that into a job managing a Corporate Fitness Wellness Center

Personal History:
Have lost and maintained a loss of over 60+ lbs (don't know the exact number because I haven't wasted my time stepping on a scale in 2 years)

I can help absolutely anyone in any situation when it comes to exercise, and I have no problem sending you tips and advice. I just beg you to not listen to what these others are saying, especially DON'T WASTE MONEY ON A CLEANSE OR PACKAGE. If you want some help, let me know.