Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:30 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5275
Default Re: Touche" To All The Dalton Critics!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack1953 View Post
Here's an excerpt from a blog Dan Hoard posted:

"BOOMER BACKS DALTON: The Blond Bomber is backing The Red Baron.
On Tuesday, Esiason said he's hearing the concern about Andy Dalton's ability to take the Bengals all the way and he's advising them to …
"Stop," he directed. "I'm a buyer.
"For five years they were looking like that at (Ravens quarterback) Joe Flacco and now he's here at the Super Bowl. Everybody has to calm down. You have to remember Andy Dalton plays in a conference that includes Joe Flacco, Ben Roethlisberger, Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.
"I'm not going to sit here and say he's Russell Wilson or Colin Kaepernick or RGIII. He's not that player. But he can be Joe Flacco, he can be Tom Brady, he can be Peyton Manning. I know one thing: he's into it and he cares. He's not out screwing around. I'm a buyer of Andy Dalton. When you look at the numbers and see what he's doing, why wouldn't you be a buyer?"
Esiason thinks this is a career-making Super Bowl for Flacco. He also thinks Dalton's career is on a similar track because both made the playoffs in their first two years.
"With the exception Joe Flacco won playoff games his first two years. (Dalton) just has got to get over the hump," Esiason said."

Whether you like Mr. Esiason or not, he knows a heck of a lot more about football, QBs, and the Bengals than any of us do!

Oh I know some of you couch coaches will say that he has to say that about Dalton or this or that! Hogwash! He doesn't work for the Bengals and I don't think he would get fired as an NFL analyst for speaking his mind if it didn't happen to line up with critics in here!!!

Touche' to the whiners! Boomer is saying what I'm saying, "Sit back and enjoy the ride!!!!"
I do find it hilarious that when Boomer criticizes the Bengals he's a bum but when he says something good he's an expert

I am critical of a lot of things this team does but even I don't understand the hate towards Dalton, he just finished his second season and has some very good numbers to back him up, all the experts will tell you that a sophomore slump is actually teams adjusting and exploiting your weaknesses so you should give Dalton a chance to work on his weaknesses and make his own adjustments in his third season, I think Dalton has the makeup of being a great leader and think he will only get better.

Don't forget how San Diego got tired of Drew Brees' learning curve
Old 01-31-2013, 11:38 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Boon View Post
First of all, completely inappropriate use of the word Touché. You use that when someone on the opposite end of the spectrum makes a strong point.

So I guess what your saying is that since none of us are ex NFL QB's that none of us can have any valuable insights or discuss football with some amount of knowlege? Unless of course you agree with Boomer.
Never said anything of the sort!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-31-2013, 11:44 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1035

I think we can all agree the frustration cannon was firmly aimed at Dalton after another playoff loss in Houston. I was frustrated with the overall play of the offense. The inability to score points and relying on Josh Brown to win our last 2 games. Boomer has a point I will admit. When you take a step back and realize what Dalton has accomplished it is a very impressive.

The QB will always get more of the blame when things are going bad. The QB on the other hand gets all the praise when TDs are being scored and the chains are moving. It’s just the way it works.

Check out: http://bengalsnfldraft.blogspot.com/ @WHO_DEY_DOUGH on twitter

Old 01-31-2013, 11:44 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 536

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerthis View Post
Amen to that. He was a good QB but his opinions are shared by a few for a reason. Boomer rarely knows what he's talking about. Great guy though!
+1 He was a good QB. He gets a lot of love on these boards. But most on here forget he like Palmer wanted traded. And he quit on the team too.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:47 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBENGALfanatic View Post
I think we can all agree the frustration cannon was firmly aimed at Dalton after another playoff loss in Houston. I was frustrated with the overall play of the offense. The inability to score points and relying on Josh Brown to win our last 2 games. Boomer has a point I will admit. When you take a step back and realize what Dalton has accomplished it is a very impressive.

The QB will always get more of the blame when things are going bad. The QB on the other hand gets all the praise when TDs are being scored and the chains are moving. It’s just the way it works.
And that's also why they get paid the most. Big broad shoulders to carry the "team".
Old 01-31-2013, 12:12 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 19651

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 813 View Post
+1 He was a good QB. He gets a lot of love on these boards. But most on here forget he like Palmer wanted traded. And he quit on the team too.
Boomer didn't quit on the team, Mike did. When you fire a guy who wins playoff games and makes it to the Super Bowl and comes 34 seconds away from beating arguably the best offensive mind in NFL history in that Super Bowl with an overachieving, less talented group of players just because he demands more say in personnel decisions....THAT is quitting on the team to satisfy your own ego. The 1990's and early 2000's PROVED who was right. Sammie KNEW Mike Clown had NO IDEA what to do on draft day, that's why he wanted to have the reigns on draft day. People seem to forget what REALLY went down. Boomer didn't request the trade until he fired Sam. He saw the writing on the wall, was he wrong? He even stayed one more year to TRY and help mentor David Klingler, who was nothing more than bloated stats from a VERY weak, and now defunct, collegiate conference. Mike was slobbering all over a guy who had BUST tattooed in bold face olde english on his forehead.....and people say Boomer was the one to quit on the team....

Last edited by Wyche'sWarrior; 01-31-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:18 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyche'sWarrior View Post
Boomer didn't quit on the team, Mike did. When you fire a guy who wins playoff games and makes it to the Super Bowl and comes 34 seconds away from beating arguably the best offensive mind in NFL history in that Super Bowl just because he demands more say in personnel decisions....THAT is quitting on the team to satisfy your own ego. The 1990's and early 2000's PROVED who was right. Sammie KNEW Mike Clown had NO IDEA what to do on draft day, that's why he wanted to have the reigns on draft day. People seem to forget what REALLY went down. Boomer didn't request the trade until he fired Sam. He saw the writing on the wall, was he wrong? He even stayed one more year to TRY and help mentor David Klingler, who was nothing more than bloated stats from a VERY weak, and now defunct, collegiate conference. Mike was slobbering all over a guy who had BUST tattooed in bold face olde english on his forehead.....and people say Boomer was the one to quit on the team....
Folks blast Palmer on here for almost the same thing. Boomer quit because Wyche got fired. Palmer quit because Lewis didn't. What's the difference? They both got the shaft. Just as you have your opinion, and I have mine.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:19 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 35113

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09itsourtime View Post
After the draft where we drafted dalton he also said we would be drafting andrew luck with the first overall pick the next year.
just shows he didnt believe then but in 2 years dalton made boomer a believer.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:34 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3245

We just want him to be more accurate with his deep ball.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:36 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18185

Quote:
Originally Posted by khamla View Post
We just want him to be more accurate with his deep ball.
That's not the issue. That's a luxury.

We need him to have better pocket awareness and make better decisions.

And its not the oline's fault when Andy runs into a sack.

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 01-31-2013, 12:45 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1785

Boomer got a chance to do Monday Night Football.
Mike thought that it would be a great opportunity for Boomer, and let him leave.
Boomer did not quit on the Bengals.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:46 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 35113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck_1_0_1_ View Post

It is if they are the reason he has to run in the first place.

What we need is better WR's as alot of sacks were coverage sacks...

But dalton did miss a few wide open WR's were he didnt see them.. Something QB's get better at as the game slows down for them.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:50 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 41555

Not sure the OP knows the meaning of Touche'
Old 01-31-2013, 12:52 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 813 View Post
Folks blast Palmer on here for almost the same thing. Boomer quit because Wyche got fired. Palmer quit because Lewis didn't. What's the difference? They both got the shaft. Just as you have your opinion, and I have mine.
I, for one, don't see the difference, and I respect Carson's decision....that's why I always compare the Palmer situation to the Boomer situation
Old 01-31-2013, 01:13 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
Do you think he might think it's a lady product?
Old 01-31-2013, 02:25 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3796

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
Yeah, I thought I would read this thread and he would be telling all of the Dalton haters that they were correct.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:48 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448
bengals Re: Touche" To All The Dalton Critics!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyche'sWarrior View Post
I am obviously a tad biased, but Boomer was pretty smart on the football field. Sam Wyche's offense was pretty complicated, and relied HEAVILY on the no huddle and A LOT of aubibles at the line of scrimmage. In fact, that offense is credited with introducing the no huddle to the NFL by people who know what they're talking about (some say Buffalo and Marv Levy....mere copy cats). Boomer, Sam, and Bruce Coslet were the cutting edge of the NFL during those days.....then our "new GM" fired Sammie, tried to turn Coslet into a HC, and ran Boomer out of town as a result......enter the abyss.
I agree, I was rattling a certain poster's chain.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:26 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 5969

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBURG View Post
Boomer never was real smart.
Smart enough to sell a play-action pass.

Smart enough to play for Sam "I am a master wizard" Wyche.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:44 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck_1_0_1_ View Post

Dalton's pocket presence and willingness to step up and continue scanning the field is below average for an NFL guy. Boomer may have his opinion, but Ron Jaworski has his on the QB I wish Cincy would've drafted:

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...-qb-in-the-nfl

In the end I think Dalton will be the Chris Perry to CK's Steven Jackson. Dalton's ceiling is much lower as well. People can complain that he doesn't have the weapons, but he has a good line and decent weapons. All of which is negated by poor pocket presence and a fluttery deep ball.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:25 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 30834

Quote:

On Tuesday, Esiason said he's hearing the concern about Andy Dalton's ability to take the Bengals all the way and he's advising them to …
"For five years they were looking like that at (Ravens quarterback) Joe Flacco and now he's here at the Super Bowl. Everybody has to calm down. You have to remember Andy Dalton plays in a conference that includes Joe Flacco, Ben Roethlisberger, Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.
"I'm not going to sit here and say he's Russell Wilson or Colin Kaepernick or RGIII. He's not that player. But he can be Joe Flacco, he can be Tom Brady, he can be Peyton Manning. I know one thing: he's into it and he cares. He's not out screwing around. I'm a buyer of Andy Dalton. When you look at the numbers and see what he's doing, why wouldn't you be a buyer?"
Esiason thinks this is a career-making Super Bowl for Flacco. He also thinks Dalton's career is on a similar track because both made the playoffs in their first two years.
"With the exception Joe Flacco won playoff games his first two years. (Dalton) just has got to get over the hump," Esiason said."

Whether you like Mr. Esiason or not, he knows a heck of a lot more about football, QBs, and the Bengals than any of us do!

Oh I know some of you couch coaches will say that he has to say that about Dalton or this or that! Hogwash! He doesn't work for the Bengals and I don't think he would get fired as an NFL analyst for speaking his mind if it didn't happen to line up with critics in here!!!

Touche' to the whiners! Boomer is saying what I'm saying, "Sit back and enjoy the ride!!!!"
I dont think you understand what "touche"means. The thing that ****** me off about Andy is that he lets criticism slide right off of his back. To an extent, thats not a bad thing, but you need to be open to some criticism to become a better person. Tom Brady wasn't perfect either, but he was willing to take advice.

I think the biggest thing that bothered me about Andy this year was that stupid smug look on his face as we were slowly losing our playoff game this year. Every offensive series we failed at converting that stupid *** grin on his face got bigger and bigger. It was like he knew he was 30 minutes away from a nice vacation. He needs to grow up.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:14 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who_dey_hooligan View Post
I dont think you understand what "touche"means. The thing that ****** me off about Andy is that he lets criticism slide right off of his back. To an extent, thats not a bad thing, but you need to be open to some criticism to become a better person. Tom Brady wasn't perfect either, but he was willing to take advice.

I think the biggest thing that bothered me about Andy this year was that stupid smug look on his face as we were slowly losing our playoff game this year. Every offensive series we failed at converting that stupid *** grin on his face got bigger and bigger. It was like he knew he was 30 minutes away from a nice vacation. He needs to grow up.
He should let criticism slide off his back. The only critics he needs to worry about are Marvin Lewis and Jay Gruden. Funny how many seem to think they have any idea what a facial expression of someone they know nothing about means.

He needs to grow up? Interesting advice that could used by some others I believe.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:06 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9353

Quote:

Old 02-01-2013, 08:43 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 22519

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBURG View Post
Boomer never was real smart.
I love it if Boomer became Andy's QB coach. The play action would improve. I know that.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:44 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old White Guy View Post
Boomer got a chance to do Monday Night Football.
Mike thought that it would be a great opportunity for Boomer, and let him leave.
Boomer did not quit on the Bengals.
True, but that was Boomer's SECOND tenure in stripes, he wanted out after 1991.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:04 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1709

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowxdiscipline View Post
The ride was a train-wreck over the cliff in the play-offs.Saying that, I am one that believes this year has to be a play-off run or nothing.ITS TIME TO GET IT DONE,NO EXCUSES!!!