Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-31-2013, 08:00 PM
1whodeybrew's Avatar
1whodeybrew 1whodeybrew is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,351
Rep Points: 4196
Default I think the Bengals will consider drafting

QB of Tennessee Tyler Bray 1st round and RB 2nd round.

Sounds crazy to many I'm sure but but one huge problem we are having with Dalton is missed opportunities. He's not hitting receivers in stride and not laying the deep balls in a place they can be caught. It's all because he doesn't have the natural arm strength to do it. He's reaching deep with in to deliver a ball which is why most are over-thrown or under-thrown. Dalton to me would be a very good back up but as it is now there's nobody to push or threaten Dalton.

2nd rounders would be something like Montee Ball of Wisconsin and Matt Elam SS from Florida.

WR's would be far off my list to draft because Sanu was very much on the rise before the foot injury, It actually put a big dent in our offense when he went down but overall we have good talent at WR that just need the experience.
__________________
1. MLB Luke Kuechly 6'3" 242 Boston College
1. WR Stephen Hill 6'4" 215 Georgia Tech
2. DT Brandon Thompson 6'2" 314 Clemson
3. OLB Ronnell Lewis 6'2" 253 Oklahoma
4. RB Ronnie Hillman 5'9" 200 San Diego St
5.. TE Rhett Ellison 6'5" 251 USC
5. FS Aaron Henry 6'0" 208 Wisconsin
5. WR Jarius Wright 5'10" 182 Arkansas
6. OG Joe Looney 6'3" 309 Wake Forest
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-31-2013, 08:02 PM
ibengals's Avatar
ibengals ibengals is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,308
Rep Points: 5169
Default Re: I think the Bengals will consider drafting

If we draft Tyler Bray in the first round, we might as well throw in the white flag for the 2013 season.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-31-2013, 08:04 PM
dr1441's Avatar
dr1441 dr1441 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dayton Ohio
Posts: 8,856
Rep Points: 9925
Default Re: I think the Bengals will consider drafting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1whodeybrew View Post
QB of Tennessee Tyler Bray 1st round and RB 2nd round.

Sounds crazy to many I'm sure but but one huge problem we are having with Dalton is missed opportunities. He's not hitting receivers in stride and not laying the deep balls in a place they can be caught. It's all because he doesn't have the natural arm strength to do it. He's reaching deep with in to deliver a ball which is why most are over-thrown or under-thrown. Dalton to me would be a very good back up but as it is now there's nobody to push or threaten Dalton.

2nd rounders would be something like Montee Ball of Wisconsin and Matt Elam SS from Florida.

WR's would be far off my list to draft because Sanu was very much on the rise before the foot injury, It actually put a big dent in our offense when he went down but overall we have good talent at WR that just need the experience.
This will sound like I am hating on Mike Brown but it isn't, it is common sense from a marketing major.

Mike Brown will not draft a new QB because Andy Dalton and AJ Green are the face of the franchise right now and generate the most money.
__________________

A wise man once told me, your love life will never get boring if you imagine an 18 year old, turn the lights off, and dont feel around with your hands!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-31-2013, 08:13 PM
JungleRock85's Avatar
JungleRock85 JungleRock85 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Portsmouth, Ohio
Posts: 1,876
Rep Points: 2439
Default Re: I think the Bengals will consider drafting

I can't say that Andy Dalton is going to be an elite QB yet. However, I have no doubts that he will be the QB here for a a minimum of at least 3 more years and probably a lot longer than that. He just needs to become more consistent and get a better running game around him and all will be fine. Also, Tyler Bray is really not that great. He put up some big numbers against inferior competition last season and some pretty bad numbers when he had to play the better teams on Tennessee's schedule. He has had phenomenal weapons on offense at Tennessee and an elite offensive line as well. No way this guy will be a first round pick for any team let alone our team.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-31-2013, 09:28 PM
crazymad crazymad is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 471
Rep Points: 151
Default Re: I think the Bengals will consider drafting

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr1441 View Post
This will sound like I am hating on Mike Brown but it isn't, it is common sense from a marketing major.

Mike Brown will not draft a new QB because Andy Dalton and AJ Green are the face of the franchise right now and generate the most money.
why not, its not like mike brown doesnt deserve to be ripped,smallest scouting dept in the league, no gm, and the most money of all the teams to spend
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-31-2013, 09:35 PM
Luvnit2's Avatar
Luvnit2 Luvnit2 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 15,136
Rep Points: 15318
Default Re: I think the Bengals will consider drafting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1whodeybrew View Post
QB of Tennessee Tyler Bray 1st round and RB 2nd round.

Sounds crazy to many I'm sure but but one huge problem we are having with Dalton is missed opportunities. He's not hitting receivers in stride and not laying the deep balls in a place they can be caught. It's all because he doesn't have the natural arm strength to do it. He's reaching deep with in to deliver a ball which is why most are over-thrown or under-thrown. Dalton to me would be a very good back up but as it is now there's nobody to push or threaten Dalton.

2nd rounders would be something like Montee Ball of Wisconsin and Matt Elam SS from Florida.

WR's would be far off my list to draft because Sanu was very much on the rise before the foot injury, It actually put a big dent in our offense when he went down but overall we have good talent at WR that just need the experience.
I like the idea of drafting Bray...........................


















































in the 4th or 5th round where he belongs
__________________
Young Team Finally Grows Up!!!!!!!

"And for the record, no, I don't think we make the playoffs. This is still a very poorly run team. ( just look at the HC still being here) 6-10. Mark it down"
Toast Jones
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-31-2013, 09:37 PM
BengalBuckeye BengalBuckeye is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 223
Rep Points: 152
Default Re: I think the Bengals will consider drafting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1whodeybrew View Post
QB of Tennessee Tyler Bray 1st round and RB 2nd round.

Sounds crazy to many I'm sure but but one huge problem we are having with Dalton is missed opportunities. He's not hitting receivers in stride and not laying the deep balls in a place they can be caught. It's all because he doesn't have the natural arm strength to do it. He's reaching deep with in to deliver a ball which is why most are over-thrown or under-thrown. Dalton to me would be a very good back up but as it is now there's nobody to push or threaten Dalton.

2nd rounders would be something like Montee Ball of Wisconsin and Matt Elam SS from Florida.

WR's would be far off my list to draft because Sanu was very much on the rise before the foot injury, It actually put a big dent in our offense when he went down but overall we have good talent at WR that just need the experience.
I disagree about the deep ball because most times he puts too much air under them.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-31-2013, 10:06 PM
crazyjdawg's Avatar
crazyjdawg crazyjdawg is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cincy
Posts: 9,851
Rep Points: 19176
Default Re: I think the Bengals will consider drafting

I don't see much when I watch Bray.

Sure, he has a rocket arm, but his accuracy is god awful
__________________


5-4-14
Round 1: CALVIN PRYOR Safety Louisville
Round 2: MARCUS MARTIN Center USC
Round 3: STANLEY JEAN-BAPTISTE CB Nebraska
Round 4: JACK MEWHORT OT OSU
Round 5: TAJH BOYD QB Clemson
Round 6: CODY HOFFMAN WR BYU
Round 6: TREVOR REILLY OLB/DE Utah
Round 7: AARON LYNCH DE South Florida
Round 7: DAMIEN WILLIAMS RB Oklahoma
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-31-2013, 10:37 PM
NATI BENGALS's Avatar
NATI BENGALS NATI BENGALS is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,684
Rep Points: 4224
Default Re: I think the Bengals will consider drafting

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymad View Post
why not, its not like mike brown doesnt deserve to be ripped,smallest scouting dept in the league, no gm, and the most money of all the teams to spend
The smallest scouting department in the league has led to some of the most highly regarded drafts in recent years. And a team with back to back playoffs appearances has more money to spend than anyone else. How is that grounds for ripping?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-31-2013, 10:40 PM
BengaliJack's Avatar
BengaliJack BengaliJack is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 3,542
Rep Points: 5125
Default Re: I think the Bengals will consider drafting

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr1441 View Post
This will sound like I am hating on Mike Brown but it isn't, it is common sense from a marketing major.

Mike Brown will not draft a new QB because Andy Dalton and AJ Green are the face of the franchise right now and generate the most money.
Mike Brown i$ not a Cheap$kate. Hi$ prime concern i$ NOT hi$ money.......He i$ a man of honor and care$ more about his fan$ then hi$ cold Hard ca$h!!!.................Naaah....not even MB's own momma would buy that song.
__________________


COACH HUE, PLEASE UNLEASH THIS BEAST!!!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-31-2013, 10:50 PM
HellMarine HellMarine is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,718
Rep Points: 2969
Default Re: I think the Bengals will consider drafting

If they drafted Bray and Ball that early, I'd find it very difficult to stomach watching games.
__________________


Adrian "All Day" Peterson
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-31-2013, 10:52 PM
Synric's Avatar
Synric Synric is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 2,912
Rep Points: 3786
Default Re: I think the Bengals will consider drafting

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalBuckeye View Post
I disagree about the deep ball because most times he puts too much air under them.

This isnt directed at you. Just pointing something out about how about Andy's deep ball accuracy.

Andy Dalton was 5th or 6th with deep ball accuracy during the 2011 season (Throws over 20 yards) Bengals Offensive line was top 5 in least amount of sacks given up to opposing defenses.

This season Andy was near the bottom with his accuracy over 20 yards, but the offensive line was also near the bottom with sacks and pressure given up to the opposing defense. When Dalton has time to throw he is very accurate. When rushed he has to release the ball to early and more often than not this season over threw his target. I think a combination of him having more experience throwing rushed and the offensive line protecting better will help next year.

PS. Did find the article. Its over 3 years but Dalton made the Accuracy List.
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...-deep-passing/

He ranked 6th - 28 Completions 60 Attempts 46.7% Accuracy
__________________
Why do Steelers fans keep their season tickets on their dashboards? So they can park in handicap spaces.

Last edited by Synric; 01-31-2013 at 11:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-31-2013, 10:59 PM
Hammerstripes Hammerstripes is online now
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Atkinson, NE
Posts: 7,539
Rep Points: 6419
Default Re: I think the Bengals will consider drafting

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATI BENGALS View Post
The smallest scouting department in the league has led to some of the most highly regarded drafts in recent years. And a team with back to back playoffs appearances has more money to spend than anyone else. How is that grounds for ripping?
Sure, the grades are good after the draft, but ask yourself this - how many starters have we drafted from our recent drafts. Then ask yourself if we really have drafted all that great.

2012 - 1 (Zeitler). This number will surely change as it is too early to judge this group.
2011 - 3
2010 - 3
2009 - 4 (counting Huber)
2008 - 2 (that's if you count Simpson as a starter)
2007 - 1

That's not exactly a great run of drafts. 14 starters added over 6 years. A good set of scouts would increase the number of starters drafted.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-31-2013, 11:40 PM
BengalBuckeye BengalBuckeye is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 223
Rep Points: 152
Default Re: I think the Bengals will consider drafting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1whodeybrew View Post
QB of Tennessee Tyler Bray 1st round and RB 2nd round.

Sounds crazy to many I'm sure but but one huge problem we are having with Dalton is missed opportunities. He's not hitting receivers in stride and not laying the deep balls in a place they can be caught. It's all because he doesn't have the natural arm strength to do it. He's reaching deep with in to deliver a ball which is why most are over-thrown or under-thrown. Dalton to me would be a very good back up but as it is now there's nobody to push or threaten Dalton.

2nd rounders would be something like Montee Ball of Wisconsin and Matt Elam SS from Florida.

WR's would be far off my list to draft because Sanu was very much on the rise before the foot injury, It actually put a big dent in our offense when he went down but overall we have good talent at WR that just need the experience.
If they draft Bray in the 1st,I will be done with this team.He's not worth it.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-31-2013, 11:53 PM
Carolinabengalfanguy's Avatar
Carolinabengalfanguy Carolinabengalfanguy is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,328
Rep Points: 3050
bengals Re: I think the Bengals will consider drafting

Tyler Bray has the physical tools of a franchise NFL QB, but he hasn't shown the poise, intangibles, and consistency of an NFL QB. I think in the end there's a good chance he could go in the second, more likely ending up in the third round depending on what happens with drafted QBs in the first two rounds since teams get antsy and overdraft the position.

Plus remember he played with what could end up being 3 NFL WR's over the course of his career so he's definitely had talent around him. I think he'd make a great developmental prospect. Maybe Andy Reid will sniff at him if he acquires a veteran in FA instead of drafting a different rookie.

Oh and there is 0% chance we draft him unless he falls way down to us in the 3rd or later and probably not even then.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-01-2013, 12:01 AM
NATI BENGALS's Avatar
NATI BENGALS NATI BENGALS is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,684
Rep Points: 4224
Default Re: I think the Bengals will consider drafting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstripes View Post
Sure, the grades are good after the draft, but ask yourself this - how many starters have we drafted from our recent drafts. Then ask yourself if we really have drafted all that great.

2012 - 1 (Zeitler). This number will surely change as it is too early to judge this group.
2011 - 3
2010 - 3
2009 - 4 (counting Huber)
2008 - 2 (that's if you count Simpson as a starter)
2007 - 1

That's not exactly a great run of drafts. 14 starters added over 6 years. A good set of scouts would increase the number of starters drafted.
No team hits 7 picks every year. No doubt I would like them to be better and they could be better. But since our team almost never goes out and gets big time free agents I credit the majority of our success, having reached the playoffs in 3 of the last 4 years, to guys we have drafted and the non- existent GM that goes out and gets free agents for reasonable prices.

We have recently drafted one of the best young QBs. One of the top 3 WR. The best DT. Arguably the best RT. A stud CB. And two well above average DEs.

I can't argue with the fact we could improve. But injuries and other things come into play. And we are far from being one of the worst teams at drafting. And with our recent success I am no where close to thinking a complete overhaul of the process Marvin and Co. are really starting to figure out needs to happen.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-01-2013, 12:04 AM
Shady's Avatar
Shady Shady is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 10,061
Rep Points: 22833
Default Re: I think the Bengals will consider drafting

If we draft a QB in the first round, we'll all do a nude flesh pile on Fountain Square at noon on a weekday. That's how positive I am that it won't happen in 2013.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-01-2013, 12:05 AM
NATI BENGALS's Avatar
NATI BENGALS NATI BENGALS is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,684
Rep Points: 4224
Default Re: I think the Bengals will consider drafting

I like Bray. But I would be pretty mad if we drafted a QB in the first considering we have one of the three guys who have thrown for 20+ TDs in their first two years. The other two being Peyton and Marino.

The second year is supposed to be very rough on young QBs. I think we see a big step from Dalton next year.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-01-2013, 12:30 AM
bradfritz21's Avatar
bradfritz21 bradfritz21 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Kentucky
Posts: 10,789
Rep Points: 18694
Default Re: I think the Bengals will consider drafting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1whodeybrew View Post
QB of Tennessee Tyler Bray 1st round and RB 2nd round.

Sounds crazy to many I'm sure but but one huge problem we are having with Dalton is missed opportunities. He's not hitting receivers in stride and not laying the deep balls in a place they can be caught. It's all because he doesn't have the natural arm strength to do it. He's reaching deep with in to deliver a ball which is why most are over-thrown or under-thrown. Dalton to me would be a very good back up but as it is now there's nobody to push or threaten Dalton.

2nd rounders would be something like Montee Ball of Wisconsin and Matt Elam SS from Florida.

WR's would be far off my list to draft because Sanu was very much on the rise before the foot injury, It actually put a big dent in our offense when he went down but overall we have good talent at WR that just need the experience.
Sometimes having a traumatic brain injury doesn't seem all that bad.
__________________
http://bradfritz.org/

Visit my site or if you know of any schools, companies, youth groups, etc., that are in need of a public speaker.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-01-2013, 01:46 AM
ThunderCloud ThunderCloud is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 856
Rep Points: 1558
Default Re: I think the Bengals will consider drafting

I agree on one thing. It sounds crazy. Maybe that's because it IS CRAZY!

Dalton needs to improve his game, but drafting that guy in the first would be the height of folly.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 02-01-2013, 05:51 AM
OSUfan's Avatar
OSUfan OSUfan is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: vandalia, ohio
Posts: 21,751
Rep Points: 23152
bengals Re: I think the Bengals will consider drafting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1whodeybrew View Post
QB of Tennessee Tyler Bray 1st round and RB 2nd round.

Sounds crazy to many I'm sure but but one huge problem we are having with Dalton is missed opportunities. He's not hitting receivers in stride and not laying the deep balls in a place they can be caught. It's all because he doesn't have the natural arm strength to do it. He's reaching deep with in to deliver a ball which is why most are over-thrown or under-thrown. Dalton to me would be a very good back up but as it is now there's nobody to push or threaten Dalton.

2nd rounders would be something like Montee Ball of Wisconsin and Matt Elam SS from Florida.

WR's would be far off my list to draft because Sanu was very much on the rise before the foot injury, It actually put a big dent in our offense when he went down but overall we have good talent at WR that just need the experience.
LMAO ......they will not draft any QB in a round above 4 or 5.

Because you have false concerns about Dalton does not mean the team does. The staff is smart enough to understand he is a second year QB and the pains that go along with it. They I am sure are also aware that he has had 2 first seasons that you just do not see many QBs have. The fans are the ones that have a problem with Dalton not the team as they should not have a problem with him.

Guess it is a good thing Payton did not come here out of college as many would have been for running him out of town after his first 2 seasons.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-01-2013, 05:53 AM
OSUfan's Avatar
OSUfan OSUfan is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: vandalia, ohio
Posts: 21,751
Rep Points: 23152
bengals Re: I think the Bengals will consider drafting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Sometimes having a traumatic brain injury doesn't seem all that bad.
I would rep you 1000 times for this if I could just beautiful. I almost choked on my coffee!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-01-2013, 08:08 AM
Jasonew6's Avatar
Jasonew6 Jasonew6 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 14,714
Rep Points: 29560
Default Re: I think the Bengals will consider drafting

If the Bengals draft Tyler Bray in the first round I would seriously consider switching teams.
__________________

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-01-2013, 08:16 AM
OchoCincos's Avatar
OchoCincos OchoCincos is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 2,304
Rep Points: 3089
Default Re: I think the Bengals will consider drafting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1whodeybrew View Post
QB of Tennessee Tyler Bray 1st round and RB 2nd round.

Sounds crazy to many I'm sure but but one huge problem we are having with Dalton is missed opportunities. He's not hitting receivers in stride and not laying the deep balls in a place they can be caught. It's all because he doesn't have the natural arm strength to do it. He's reaching deep with in to deliver a ball which is why most are over-thrown or under-thrown. Dalton to me would be a very good back up but as it is now there's nobody to push or threaten Dalton.

2nd rounders would be something like Montee Ball of Wisconsin and Matt Elam SS from Florida.

WR's would be far off my list to draft because Sanu was very much on the rise before the foot injury, It actually put a big dent in our offense when he went down but overall we have good talent at WR that just need the experience.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-01-2013, 08:36 AM
SunsetBengal's Avatar
SunsetBengal SunsetBengal is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sunset Beach, NC
Posts: 15,428
Rep Points: 44853
Default Re: I think the Bengals will consider drafting

WTF?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.