Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 01-28-2013, 02:33 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 499
Default Post ProBowl Mock-Green is awesome

Resign:
Micheal Johnson DT
Andre Smith RT
Adam Jones CB
Thomas Howard WLB
Wallace Gilberry DT
Cedric Peerman RB
Andrew Hawkins Slot
Terence Newman CB
Pat Sims DT
Josh Brown K
Kevin Huber P
Bruce Gradkoski QB
Chris Pressley FB
Dan Skuta MLB

Sign:
Connor Barwin SLB-I know he has never played in a 4-3 but neither did Lawson a product of UC can be that Boulware guy for us.
RFA Chris Ivory RB-He has shown some beast mode in the past couple seasons. With our OLINE he will have a chance to be a dominate back.

Draft:
1st. Alec Ogletree-Our future WLB he is a true play maker and will give our Defense a little bit more swagger while providing the coverage we desperately needed last year.

2nd. Robert Woods-I love this guy he got out shinned this year but he is the perfect number two WR for us. Move Sanu to the slot use Hawk as a gadget guy.

2nd. Bacarri Rambo SS-A true ballhawk to pairs with Hall, Nelson, and hopefully Kirkpatrick he might be the best safty prospect in the draft falls due to character concers but could be a day 1 starter

3rd. Justin Pugh OG-A depth and guy that can compete with Boiling and Robinson to be a starter

4th. Kenjon Barner RB/KR/PR-Speed we Need

5th. Chris Ivory Tender

6th. Micheal Williams TE

QB. Dalton, Gradkoski
RB. Ivory, Green-Ellis, Barner, Peerman
FB. Chris Pressley
WR. A.J. Green, Ryan Whalen
Slot. Sanu, Hawkins
RT. Smith, Collins
RG. Zietler,
OC. Robinson, Cook
LG. Boiling, Pugh
LT. Whitworth
TE. Gresham, Charlse, Williams
WR. Woods, Jones

DE. Johnson, Gilberry
DT. Still, Sims
DT. Atkins, Peko, Thompson
DE. Dunlap, Anderson, Moch
WLB. Ogletree, Howard
MLB. Burfict! Skuta
SLB. Barwin, Rey
CB. Hall, Jones, Prater
FS. Nelson, Illoka
SS. Thomas, Mays
CB. Kirkpatrick, Newman, Ghee
P. Huber
K. Brown
KR. Barner, Jones
PR. Jones

Last edited by CincyGuy344; 01-30-2013 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Switch Rambo and Phillips
Old 01-28-2013, 08:12 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 29777
Default Re: Post ProBowl Mock-Green is awesome

After the Senior Bowl I'm not convinced Michael Williams lasts until 6 anymore. He can do more than just block.

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:22 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 182

I concur about Williams. He can't just be labeled a blocking TE.

I am not sold on P. Thomas; he was embarrassed at his bowl game this yr. I think we can do better at safety at this spot. Rambo or Jefferson.

I think the improvements to RB and LB units are good. Some advocate multiple selections at these positions. I don't agree.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:29 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyGuy344 View Post
Resign:
Micheal Johnson DT
Andre Smith RT
Adam Jones CB
Thomas Howard WLB
Wallace Gilberry DT
Cedric Peerman RB
Andrew Hawkins Slot
Terence Newman CB
Pat Sims DT
Josh Brown K
Kevin Huber P
Bruce Gradkoski QB
Chris Pressley FB
Dan Skuta MLB

Sign:
Connor Barwin SLB-I know he has never played in a 4-3 but neither did Lawson a product of UC can be that Boulware guy for us.
RFA Chris Ivory RB-He has shown some beast mode in the past couple seasons. With our OLINE he will have a chance to be a dominate back.

Draft:
1st. Alec Ogletree-Our future WLB he is a true play maker and will give our Defense a little bit more swagger while providing the coverage we desperately needed last year.

2nd. Robert Woods-I love this guy he got out shinned this year but he is the perfect number two WR for us. Move Sanu to the slot use Hawk as a gadget guy.

2nd. Phillip Thomas SS-A true ballhawk to pairs with Hall, Nelson, and hopefully Kirkpatrick

3rd. Justin Pugh OG-A depth and guy that can compete with Boiling and Robinson to be a starter

4th. Kenjon Barner RB/KR/PR-Speed we Need

5th. Chris Ivory Tender

6th. Micheal Williams TE

QB. Dalton, Gradkoski
RB. Ivory, Green-Ellis, Barner, Peerman
FB. Chris Pressley
WR. A.J. Green, Ryan Whalen
Slot. Sanu, Hawkins
RT. Smith, Collins
RG. Zietler,
OC. Robinson, Cook
LG. Boiling, Pugh
LT. Whitworth
TE. Gresham, Charlse, Williams
WR. Woods, Jones

DE. Johnson, Gilberry
DT. Still, Sims
DT. Atkins, Peko, Thompson
DE. Dunlap, Anderson, Moch
WLB. Ogletree, Howard
MLB. Burfict! Skuta
SLB. Barwin, Rey
CB. Hall, Jones, Prater
FS. Nelson, Illoka
SS. Thomas, Mays
CB. Kirkpatrick, Newman, Ghee
P. Huber
K. Brown
KR. Barner, Jones
PR. Jones
I find the signing of Barwin intriguing (would be stealing back a very good player from Houston after the JJ debacle).

I am not convinced that Moch is coming back. His medical issues might be too much for him.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:08 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals Fan For Life! View Post
I concur about Williams. He can't just be labeled a blocking TE.

I am not sold on P. Thomas; he was embarrassed at his bowl game this yr. I think we can do better at safety at this spot. Rambo or Jefferson.

I think the improvements to RB and LB units are good. Some advocate multiple selections at these positions. I don't agree.
I missed his bowl game I'm a huge fan of Rambo there to
Old 01-29-2013, 09:42 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1813

Good call on Robert Woods. Haven't seen a lot of people mock him to us. He can and has taken over some games.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:57 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonesaw View Post
Good call on Robert Woods. Haven't seen a lot of people mock him to us. He can and has taken over some games.
I love Woods he would be the perfect combo with Green pair that with Ivory in the backfield we will be awesome.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:22 AM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 64

Love this draft! Connor Barwin would look real good in stripes!
Old 01-30-2013, 02:56 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stollct View Post
Love this draft! Connor Barwin would look real good in stripes!
He would add so much explosion to our D he would offer all the things Lawson did but much better. Average in coverage but if we use him right he will be a sack monster.
I see him not being resigned in Houston because they won't have room for him financially.
I think he will want to come to Cincy or Detriot
Old 01-30-2013, 10:58 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 152

i would love to bring a guy like barwin to the bengals, but sell me on ivory, i haven't been impressed with any backs coming out of new orleans since r. williams, i think bjge got use to the rough and tough afc north and settled down and had a nice season, you give me a guy like joseph randle, zac stacy, or andre ellington to pair with him and thats a good combo, i also like your kenjon barner pick, but as far as FA goes newman is 35 his career is all but over he played decent the second half of the season but he benefited from a tenacious dline, i also love sims, he's a clog up the middle but i think he goes somewhere else besides they drafted still and thompson to take his spot.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:41 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsonist7 View Post
i would love to bring a guy like barwin to the bengals, but sell me on ivory, i haven't been impressed with any backs coming out of new orleans since r. williams, i think bjge got use to the rough and tough afc north and settled down and had a nice season, you give me a guy like joseph randle, zac stacy, or andre ellington to pair with him and thats a good combo, i also like your kenjon barner pick, but as far as FA goes newman is 35 his career is all but over he played decent the second half of the season but he benefited from a tenacious dline, i also love sims, he's a clog up the middle but i think he goes somewhere else besides they drafted still and thompson to take his spot.
Barwin is an easy sell he has the numbers the high draft pick pedigree he would easily come in and be our SLB for years to come.

Ivory is a medium risk very high reward he is a hard worker that many people say is the best back in New Orleans. I think his floor is about what BJGE brings his peak is a shade below Lynch. He just has so much untapped potential and that is very intriguing to me. His body of work is small but he has some plays that look like lynch is running the ball.

I'm a huge Joseph Randle fan as well

The Newman signing is more for Dre Kirpatricks development not so much of on the field I just think with us loosing Nate, Rey, and Manny we need to keep a solid vet that has playoff experience on the D side
Old 01-31-2013, 11:28 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyGuy344 View Post
Barwin is an easy sell he has the numbers the high draft pick pedigree he would easily come in and be our SLB for years to come.

Ivory is a medium risk very high reward he is a hard worker that many people say is the best back in New Orleans. I think his floor is about what BJGE brings his peak is a shade below Lynch. He just has so much untapped potential and that is very intriguing to me. His body of work is small but he has some plays that look like lynch is running the ball.

I'm a huge Joseph Randle fan as well

The Newman signing is more for Dre Kirpatricks development not so much of on the field I just think with us loosing Nate, Rey, and Manny we need to keep a solid vet that has playoff experience on the D side
yea barwin could come in and star here, i've just never seen ivory really play, as far as his floor being compared to bjge thats not a bad thing at all, but yea i'm really high on randle right now, he looks like one of the most complete backs this year
Old 02-01-2013, 02:45 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsonist7 View Post
yea barwin could come in and star here, i've just never seen ivory really play, as far as his floor being compared to bjge thats not a bad thing at all, but yea i'm really high on randle right now, he looks like one of the most complete backs this year
I don't know why he doesn't get much hype on these boards my mock could easily be him at 3 and OLINE 4 I just remember him truck sticking a couple players this year