Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:09 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 30030
Default Who are your top 3 to 5 guys at 21?

Please stick with guys who have a realistic chance to be there.

For me

Vaccaro
Patterson
Allen
Te'o
Ogletree

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:19 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3955
Default Re: Who are your top 3 to 5 guys at 21?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post
Please stick with guys who have a realistic chance to be there.

For me

Vaccaro
Patterson
Allen
Te'o
Ogletree
In order:
Vaccaro
Ogletree
Rhodes
Okafor
Ansah

Old 02-01-2013, 10:19 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1787

Vacarro (If he is there, he is the playmaker we need in the defensive backfield.)
Lacy (Even though Ball is growing on me, I still like Lacy. We shall see after the combine if he is worth our 1st.)
Patterson (Though I would rather have Da'Rick Rogers in the 2nd round. I understand the character issues are risky though, but I honestly think he is the best WR talent coming out this year).
Ogletree (A little concerned about his size, but still would be happy to have him.)
Ezekial Ansah (DE isn't a huge need, so this is more of a luxury pick. But his upside is huge.)
Old 02-01-2013, 10:23 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7648

1 Minter
2 Ogletree
3 Elam
4 Ansah
5 Jordan

WINNING MAKES BELIEVERS OF US ALL PAUL BROWN
Marvin for GM 2013
Old 02-01-2013, 10:26 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2549

1. Kenny Vaccaro - Filling a big need with a big talent. A player that can tackle but also has elite pass coverage skills for a safety as well. Would drastically improve what we can do from the position for himself and Nelson.
2. Chance Warmack - Don't see the Bengals necessarily taking a Guard but this is my own top 5 for the pick and the fact he is a Guard could allow him to be available at 21. No one thought DeCastro would last as long as he did last year either. Warmack is a beast and if he was available then why not solidify the Guard spots for the next 10 years and have Boling compete for Center and backup guard spots.
3. Alec Ogletree - A player that seems like such a perfect fit right now for this team. Could see him improving his stock quite a bit between now and the draft. If available he may be the most likely pick from our staff. His upside is tremendous and would love to see the guy in stripes.
4. Alex Okafor - Would look good in a rotation with Johnson and Dunlap on the defensive line. As of now I would rather hold of to just add a rotational player until later in the draft. However, if Johnson isn't re-signed or is given the franchise tag a pick like this at #21 makes a lot more sense.
5. Cordarrelle Patterson - I am not a big fan of picking a WR in the first round, however if all the above choices were gone and Patterson was available he should be the choice. This team is too close to a Super Bowl to just reach for a position. Patterson would be the BPA in this scenario and has so much talent I wouldn't be upset at all if he was the player drafted here.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:27 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4741

1. Matt Elam
2. Barrett Jones
3. Eddie Lacy
4. Alex Okafor - If MJ leaves
5. DJ Fluker - If Andre leaves
Old 02-01-2013, 12:01 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1427

Elam
Vacarro
Ogletree
Ball
Okafor
Lacey
Old 02-01-2013, 12:18 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9925

Ogletree
Lacy
Vaccarro
Hopkins
Ansah

A wise man once told me, your love life will never get boring if you imagine an 18 year old, turn the lights off, and dont feel around with your hands!
Old 02-01-2013, 12:30 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5420

1. Patterson- The idea of him on the opposite side of A.J. would be downright scary! He has incredible vision and his YAC is something this offense needs...more pieces around Dalton.

2. Vaccaro- We took to the streets to bring back Crocker because the cabinets were empty. Put this guy next to Nelson and our back end is scary! He would be #1 but the thought of Patterson and A.J. together won!

3. Lacy- Continues to grow on me. Out of all of the guys in the draft, this guy is the one I don't want to play against! So I take him and he shares the load with BJGE until he takes over early on FT.

4. Jordan- Can replace MJ if he leaves or if MJ stays we add a dimension. MJ, Dunlap, and anyone besides Geathers upgrades the pass rush substantially.

5. Ogletree- Goodbye Mr. Maualuga...hello Alec! We need pieces at LB and Marv loves them Georgia boys!
Old 02-01-2013, 01:32 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 5082

My top 3

Ogletree
Ansah
Trade Down
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...

Old 02-01-2013, 01:36 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 30030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burma View Post
My top 3

Ogletree
Ansah
Trade Down
Who named their kid Trade Down????

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:46 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 5082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post
Who named their kid Trade Down????

Goin and Ho Down. Of the New York Downs that is. /posh
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...

Old 02-01-2013, 03:18 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 577

Patterson- true #2 WR. my favorite in the draft, but i think he'll be gone. Doubt we'd pick him anyway.
Ogletree- my realistic favorite choice. good lateral speed and coverage skills. I'd put him at SAM
Vaccaro- great value, fills one of our biggest needs.
Ansah- MJ or no MJ id love to get this guy either way...at this point i would be ok with trade down if top 3 are gone tho.
Bernard- still a fan, only RB id be ok with in 1st round...again i would rather trade down at this point
Old 02-01-2013, 03:59 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1637

Vacarro -- Resolve the safety issue.

Patterson -- Too good to resist seeing him with AJ. Still like Marvin Jones, though.

Warmack -- If he's still there, just too good a player to pass. Boling ok, though.

Bernard -- The type of back that would do us the most good, with BJGE still useful.

Ogletree -- We need linebackers.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:07 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2429

Brown
Ansah
Patterson
Okafor
Old 02-01-2013, 04:15 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10653

1. Alec Ogletree

2. Ezekiel Ansah (could be BPA)

3. Barrett Jones

4. DeAndre Hopkins

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 02-01-2013, 04:19 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3390

Ogletree
Vaccaro
Elam
Patterson
Ansah
Old 02-01-2013, 04:20 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2759

1. Patterson
2. Ansah
3. Elam
4. Ogeltree
5. Hopkins

I'm going sky is the limit potential with 1 and 2. We can take some risk due to the Palmer pick at the front end of 2. Also think Ogeltree is enourmously talented. Elam and Hopkins should be damn good players, too.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:21 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1035

Vacarro
Ogletree
Minter
B.Jones
C.Patterson
Old 02-01-2013, 07:02 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 963

Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleRock85 View Post
1. Kenny Vaccaro - Filling a big need with a big talent. A player that can tackle but also has elite pass coverage skills for a safety as well. Would drastically improve what we can do from the position for himself and Nelson.
2. Chance Warmack - Don't see the Bengals necessarily taking a Guard but this is my own top 5 for the pick and the fact he is a Guard could allow him to be available at 21. No one thought DeCastro would last as long as he did last year either. Warmack is a beast and if he was available then why not solidify the Guard spots for the next 10 years and have Boling compete for Center and backup guard spots.
3. Alec Ogletree - A player that seems like such a perfect fit right now for this team. Could see him improving his stock quite a bit between now and the draft. If available he may be the most likely pick from our staff. His upside is tremendous and would love to see the guy in stripes.
4. Alex Okafor - Would look good in a rotation with Johnson and Dunlap on the defensive line. As of now I would rather hold of to just add a rotational player until later in the draft. However, if Johnson isn't re-signed or is given the franchise tag a pick like this at #21 makes a lot more sense.
5. Cordarrelle Patterson - I am not a big fan of picking a WR in the first round, however if all the above choices were gone and Patterson was available he should be the choice. This team is too close to a Super Bowl to just reach for a position. Patterson would be the BPA in this scenario and has so much talent I wouldn't be upset at all if he was the player drafted here.
This is very close to my preferences. Sub Ansah for Okafor and change the order a bit.

1. Warmack. This guy is just too dominant to pass up. NFL Draft Scout has him rated as #3 overall so I expect him to be long gone, but like you said, Decastro fell so I guess it could happen.

2. Vaccaro. I am so sick of throwing bandaids at the safety position. Mays, Sands, Iloka. Stop wasting draft picks and get a player. Vaccaro would help our run defense as much as our pass defense.

3. Ogletree. My only concern is the suspension for substance abuse. Just remembering another LB from Georgia. If we take him I hope that we have done our homework.

4. Ansah. With or without MJ. You can't have enough pass rushers, and he is strong enough to hold up vs the run. Zimmer would make this guy into a star

5. Patterson. I like Sanu and maybe Jones is the answer, but we have been throwing bandaids at the #2 WR position too -- either in free agency (Coles, Antonio Bryant) or in the draft (Simpson and our two current guys).
Old 02-01-2013, 07:22 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1128

Ogletree
Vaccaro
Patterson
Okafor
Allen
Trade down

CINwillWIN is the man
Old 02-01-2013, 07:27 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 152

Alec Ogletree

Kenny Vacarro

trade back and get Giovani Bernard or Matt Elam

Xavier Rhodes

Manti Te'o
Old 02-01-2013, 07:31 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 41566

Kevin Minter- Don't know what this dude has done to go so unrecognized. Had 130 tackles (13 TFL), 4 sacks, 1 INT, and 6 PDs this year.

Robert Woods- Love Corderrelle Patterson; however, he'll be gone once they get a look at him in the combine. Woods will be a nice consilation prize. He is Chad Johnson, exact same size, speed, and route running prowess.

Dion Jordan- Similar in build to Manny Lawson. Only difference is this guy can get after the QB and Oregon has used him in the past to cover slot receivers

Xavier Rhoades- Physical Cover Corner built in the mode of Seattle's Legion of Boom

Matt Elam- Might be a little high, but he's my dude. Vacarro makes more since, but I just can't buy into him. Seems to disappear at times and worrying that he declined the Senior Bowl.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:39 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 29596

All you people with Patterson in your lists. You're wasting one of your top 5. We aren't taking a WR in the fist three rounds. mark it.

-Stewwy
---------------------------------------------------
ESPN has the journalistic integrity of a turnip!
Old 02-01-2013, 07:56 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5169

1. Vaccaro - Good cover safety, and a big hitter. If he lasts til 21, you have to take him.
2. Brown - Plays so much bigger than his size. Has a very rare combo of speed, power.
3. Ansah - Could be the guy that replaces Dunlap if he leaves in 2014. High ceiling.
4. Cooper - In any other class, would be the #1 guard. One of the quickest guards in recent memory. I'd be shocked if he made it past the Cowboys.