Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 02-01-2013, 11:01 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1513
Default "Let's fix our offense!" Mock Draft.

Was tempted to "trade down" but I have already down a "stockpiling" picks mock.

1. Kenny Vacarro - FS (Texas - 6'1", 218 lbs., 4.49 40 Time) Has the makings to be special. I know using our first rounder in an "offense fixing" draft on defense seems odd. However, unless we trade down, the best value would be on defense here.
2a. Montee Ball - RB (Wisconsin - 5'11", 215 lbs., 4.57 40 Time) Compares to Curtis Martin and is a playmaker! Sign me up. Lacy would also get strong consideration here.
2b. Da'Rick Rogers - WR (Tennessee Tech - 6'2", 206 lbs., 4.52 40 Time) His talent is worth taking here. Has elite talent imo.
3. Jamie Collins - OLB (Southern Mississippi - 6'3", 245 lbs., 4.65 40 Time) LB is a need, and we can't totally ignore defense!
4. Michael Williams - TE (Alabama - 6'6", 269 lbs., 5.02 40 Time) He can block and has shown he can catch too. He won't last until the 5th imo.
5. Ricky Wagner - OT (Wisconsin - 6'6", 310 lbs., 5.32 40 Time) Oline Depth. Pure and simple. The game is won in the trenches.
6a. Denard Robinson - WR (Michigan - 5'11", 196 lbs., 4.44 40 Time) Gadget plays maybe? Wild Cat? Flea Flicker? Pistol? End Arounds? Roleplayer for sure, but why not?
6b. Kerwynn Williams - RB (Utah State - 5'8", 196 lbs, 4.44 40 Time) Kick and Punt Returner, and possible COP back.

Names that have been mocked before for sure, but some new ones for me. Besides Da'Rick Rogers. I will always mock him.

Last edited by Pezmerga; 02-01-2013 at 11:04 AM.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:04 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 3941
Default Re: "Let's fix our offense!" Mock Draft.

Rogers won't make it to our 2b and may not make it out of the first. Not interested in Robinson at all.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:11 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au165 View Post
Rogers won't make it to our 2b and may not make it out of the first. Not interested in Robinson at all.
If Da'Rick Roger's stock rises, then I would take him at 21. Or maybe trade down if we can get him at the end of the first. He is worth it.

As of right now though, it is up in the air. He could realistically fall due to character issues.

Robinson is okay for a 6th round pick. Realistically, who would we take that will make an impact? Rarely do 6th rounders do much. I can live with anyone else of course. Definitely not going to split hairs over a 6th round pick! lol

If we had to take Rogers in the first to get him, I'd take Sean Porter at 2b, and then take DJ Swearinger in the 3rd. (I bet his stock rises).

Last edited by Pezmerga; 02-01-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:07 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6261

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezmerga View Post
If Da'Rick Roger's stock rises, then I would take him at 21. Or maybe trade down if we can get him at the end of the first. He is worth it.

As of right now though, it is up in the air. He could realistically fall due to character issues.

Robinson is okay for a 6th round pick. Realistically, who would we take that will make an impact? Rarely do 6th rounders do much. I can live with anyone else of course. Definitely not going to split hairs over a 6th round pick! lol

If we had to take Rogers in the first to get him, I'd take Sean Porter at 2b, and then take DJ Swearinger in the 3rd. (I bet his stock rises).
Did Rogers get kicked out of his FBS school and had to transfer to another non-FBS school? It doesn't seem wise to me to draft a character risk in the 1st.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:20 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 433

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Did Rogers get kicked out of his FBS school and had to transfer to another non-FBS school? It doesn't seem wise to me to draft a character risk in the 1st.

Kicked out of Tennessee and played at an FCS school in Tennesse last season
Old 02-01-2013, 01:26 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Which is why I think he drops.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:30 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 3941

Quote:
Same way it wasn't wise to draft Moss or Dez Bryant. I'll give you that Bryant has been a headache, but he is finally reaching is potential.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:29 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Same way it wasn't wise to draft Moss or Dez Bryant. I'll give you that Bryant has been a headache, but he is finally reaching is potential.
I don't care about potential.

Chris Henry had crazy potential.
Odell Thurman was almost rookie of the year.

Potential means nothing.

In addition, Bryant (talked with Deion Sanders) didn't get kicked out of their respective programs.

Randy Moss was kicked out. Fair comparison. Yet I still wouldn't have wanted him then nor do I want another younger knucklehead now.

The Bengals FINALLY get a good group of guys (relatively speaking) and some Bengal fans are clamouring for drafting a couple morons. Mathieu & Rogers are at the top of the list.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:31 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6283

Quote:
I don't care about potential.

Chris Henry had crazy potential.
Odell Thurman was almost rookie of the year.

Potential means nothing.

In addition, Bryant (talked with Deion Sanders) & Moss (high school fight) didn't get kicked out of their respective programs.

The Bengals FINALLY get a good group of guys (relatively speaking) and some Bengal fans are clamouring for drafting a couple morons. Mathieu & Rogers are at the top of the list.
While you may be right, you are also making huge assumptions about people you don't even know. Who knows how good of a person some of these guys are. Maybe they were running with the wrong crowd in the wrong town.

Granted, I don't want to fill my roster with character questions, but we do have a strong enough locker room to help these guys see how a professional handles their business.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:39 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstripes View Post
While you may be right, you are also making huge assumptions about people you don't even know. Who knows how good of a person some of these guys are. Maybe they were running with the wrong crowd in the wrong town.

Granted, I don't want to fill my roster with character questions, but we do have a strong enough locker room to help these guys see how a professional handles their business.
Assumptions, yes. And you are assuming that the Bengals have a strong enough locker room to handle character cases.

As for not knowing players personally, this is obviously true. But I don't care. If you layer in the fact that these players with "potential" had their college programs bail on them, then there is enough evidence for me.

I will take a solid contributor over a character risk everyday.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:52 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12550

Quote:
I kind of think the opposite. I would not risk Rogers in the 1st 2 rounds. If he is there in the 3rd and we took him, that would be OK. He needs mentoring.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:47 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezmerga View Post
Which is why I think he drops.
That and fromj what I read doesn't have deep spead which is what most of you want in a 2nd receiver.