Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 02-01-2013, 06:21 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2666
Default New Madden called "Madden 25"

Quote:
In celebration of the 25th anniversary of the Madden franchise this year’s game will be known as Madden NFL 25. The vote for the cover athlete of Madden 25 will begin on March 11 and involves both legends and current players.

The reason why the name sounds so ridiculous is because EA made the decision not to return the ’20′ in front of the year on the cover with Madden 10 further establishing that the number would represent the year and not an edition or how long the series has been in existence. Though it is very unlikely, this is the last year of the exclusive license contract with the NFL, and if there were to be no more Madden games going forward the disruption from the name (how to go from Madden 25 to Madden 15 the next year) would certainly be less of a concern for the company.

The cover vote will present two different tournament-style brackets of 32 players. On one side will be legends and the other active stars. The winner of each bracket go head-to-head for the honor.

Curiously the release only mentions Madden NFL 25 coming to the Xbox 360 and PS3. Presumably it will also be available on the Wii U and Vita as well despite their omission.
http://www.pastapadre.com/2013/02/01...ote#more-71960

Last edited by Trademark; 02-01-2013 at 06:36 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:25 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 13152
Default Re: New Madden called "Madden 25"

I'm not much of a madden player, however, I see that Geno is rated as a 98...is that the highest a Bengal has ever been rated?

Thanks for the awesome sig, Steeler Eater!
Old 02-01-2013, 08:47 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7035

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcu View Post
I'm not much of a madden player, however, I see that Geno is rated as a 98...is that the highest a Bengal has ever been rated?
I think Carson had the same rating in either Madden 2007 or Madden 2008.

And THANK THE FREAKING LORD the exclusive NFL license is finally expiring. Hello ESPN NFL 2K14 (let a man dream....)

Ever since EA got the exclusive rights and became the only NFL video game on the market, they've been lazy as s***. Sega Sports put out a far superior product year after year, and in 2005 put out the best football game in history for a mere 20 bucks.

I'm really really hoping and praying 2K gets a share of the NFL license and exclusive rights to either ESPN, ABC, CBS, or FOX broadcasting (the presentation in 2K football games was phenominal)
Old 02-01-2013, 08:50 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10488

I will be getting this Madden. The last one wasn't bad, but I feel like they could have done more. And I hope they do. Also, I'll actually be getting this game a few weeks before it goes in stores, so I'll probably do a review of it so if it's horrible people on here don't have to waste their money.

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 02-01-2013, 09:12 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfkaosaun View Post
I will be getting this Madden. The last one wasn't bad, but I feel like they could have done more. And I hope they do. Also, I'll actually be getting this game a few weeks before it goes in stores, so I'll probably do a review of it so if it's horrible people on here don't have to waste their money.
To be honest, I actually liked last year's game a lot. It was a HUGE improvement over EA's previous shoddy efforts. I just don't have a lot of faith that they'll build off their success because... well... they never have before.

Although, since this is the last year they have the exclusive rights, maybe they'll go all out and put out the best product imaginable?? Probably wishful thinking on my part, but that would sure be nice...
Old 02-01-2013, 10:10 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9412

I'm glad so much thought was put into the name while the game continues to blow.

I've never seen such a laughauble series. Half the features they add are non existant in the later because they were poorly executed and/or stupid.

Last edited by ExtraNirvana; 02-01-2013 at 10:15 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:53 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 13152

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtraNirvana View Post
I'm glad so much thought was put into the name while the game continues to blow.

I've never seen such a laughauble series. Half the features they add are non existant in the later because they were poorly executed and/or stupid.
This. I've never come across a series with so little thought put into it. They make a couple of minor additions, ignore the problems with gameplay, update the rosters and slap a new label on it. I haven't bought Madden in years. I suspect I'll buy another NFL game if/when one ever comes out.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Steeler Eater!
Old 02-02-2013, 09:13 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7789

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcu View Post
I believe Chad got a 97-99 in Madden 06 or 07. Carson was a 97 in 06 I believe.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 02-02-2013, 10:34 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 44845

Well if they want to make the 25th that special, John Madden should be on the cover.

Old 02-02-2013, 11:57 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Well if they want to make the 25th that special, John Madden should be on the cover.
I agree, and have him do in game commentary

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

Old 02-02-2013, 03:10 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
I agree, and have him do in game commentary
Agreed... but that would make too much sense so EA probably won't even consider it
Old 02-02-2013, 03:20 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat5775 View Post
Agreed... but that would make too much sense so EA probably won't even consider it
I don't know what it is, but Cris Collinsworth bugs me. Hell if they do decide to have Madden do in game commentary, they should team him up with Al Michaels one last time.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Old 02-02-2013, 03:24 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10579

They should call it Madden 2007 version 7.

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 02-03-2013, 01:06 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 5028

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat5775 View Post
I think Carson had the same rating in either Madden 2007 or Madden 2008.

And THANK THE FREAKING LORD the exclusive NFL license is finally expiring. Hello ESPN NFL 2K14 (let a man dream....)

Ever since EA got the exclusive rights and became the only NFL video game on the market, they've been lazy as s***. Sega Sports put out a far superior product year after year, and in 2005 put out the best football game in history for a mere 20 bucks.

I'm really really hoping and praying 2K gets a share of the NFL license and exclusive rights to either ESPN, ABC, CBS, or FOX broadcasting (the presentation in 2K football games was phenominal)
keep dreaming it will not happen the NFL loves the exclusive deal. Shame Really because the football game industry was really booming before then with innovation from multiple games.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:43 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 49438

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
If they want to make it special, make it not ****.

Imagine the first Madden game where all the modes were playable. Imagine a Madden where bugs didn't constantly crash the game. Imagine a Madden that had features you'd actually use outside of arcade style quick matches.

Then play NFL 2k5. It's still better than the last decade of really shoddy Madden games.