Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 02-01-2013, 07:53 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3205
Default Feb Mock

All picks as is, no trade. Adding a late round comp.

1. Alec Ogletree...LB...Georgia....
Maualuga, Howard, Skuta, and Lawson FA's. Linebacker might be the biggest need pick on the team.

2. Matt Elam......S......Florida
A big hole at safety with two vets...Clements and Crocker... filling in and now FA's. Decent prospects behind them but none of them seemingly qualified starters.

2. Marcus Wheaton...WR...Oregon St
Jones and Sanu had their moments. But we lack enough depth from injury. Wheaton is a plausible upgrade to both and makes the overall depth better.

3. Marcus Lattimore...RB...South Carolina
Not 100 percent certain on this pick. We don't have to rush him though, and the dividends could pay off big later.

4. Lavar Edwards....DE....LSU
Only mocking him here because he slots here. Overlooked due to Mingo and Montgomery and will be an interesting watch at the combine.

5. Garrett Gilkey....G/T....Chardon St
500 pound bench presser. Not a finesse player. Bengals have shown interest towards him.

6. Theo Riddick...RB...Notre Dame
He's played WR and RB for the Irish. Complimentary back who can catch.

6. Josh Johnson.....CB....Purdue
Probably should make one pick at this position. Practice squad

comp pick..guestimate...Ja'Gared Davis...LB...SMU
Late draft pick to possibly practice squad
Old 02-01-2013, 08:01 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1554
Default Re: Feb Mock

Replace Wheaton with the best available CB and I like it. Anyone who thinks we are set at CB is nuts.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:51 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 94

There is no way that Lattimore gets drafted in the third round with that injury that he has. He's going to have to go on IR next season. He'll be lucky if he gets drafted at all. If it was me I'd pick another running back there, maybe Monte Ball will be available (I like Lacy better but he'll be gone). Then you can pick up Lattimore in the 6th and put him on IR next season so he can be healthy.
3. Khaseem Greene LB
4. Leon McFadden CB
5. Chris Faulk OT
6a Tyrann Mathieu CB
6b. Patrick Lonergan C
7a. Michael Williams TE
7b. Marcus Davis WR
Old 02-01-2013, 10:52 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willminus2 View Post
There is no way that Lattimore gets drafted in the third round with that injury that he has. He's going to have to go on IR next season. He'll be lucky if he gets drafted at all. If it was me I'd pick another running back there, maybe Monte Ball will be available (I like Lacy better but he'll be gone). Then you can pick up Lattimore in the 6th and put him on IR next season so he can be healthy.
You must have missed Lattimore stating he hopes to be ready to play by week 1 of 2013 season, and the fact he has been seen walking around without a walking boot already, which is rather impressive considering the injury he had. Maybe the third round is too high for someone to take a risk on Lattimore, but he will definitely go drafted, and probably no later than the fourth round.

If he is in fact ready to play by week 1, he'll need to go to a team that will not depend on him being the primary RB this coming year and allow him only to get spot carries throughout the year. I see Jacksonville as a good candidate to land Lattimore, as MJD is slated to become a FA for 2014, and they may be willing to move on from him based on Lattimore's recovery. Plus, Lattimore can play a role similar to what MJD played when he was the backup for Fred Taylor for the first few years of his career.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:04 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7143

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyLeisure View Post
Replace Wheaton with the best available CB and I like it. Anyone who thinks we are set at CB is nuts.
Love to hear your thoughts on our RB corp, Safety corp, LB corp.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:04 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632

Quote:
Yeah we need McFadden or Robert Alford in there somewhere.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:13 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
Yeah we need McFadden or Robert Alford in there somewhere.
I don't share this sentiment.

In 2013, Hall/Dre Kirk/Pacman/Newman/Prater or Ghee seems fine to me.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:55 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3205

Quote:
I like Ellington at pick 84, but if so, wouldn't pick Riddick later. Ball would be a logical pick, but i don't think he will be available.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:48 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post

Prater and Ghee have shown nothing to this point. drafting someone we know can come in and play would be better.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:50 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18636

Quote:
Prater and Ghee have shown nothing to this point. drafting someone we know can come in and play would be better.
You might know physically they can play. But that's all you know.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:18 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1294

I would consider Prater and/or Ghee better at this point than a draft pick, that has shown nothing in the NFL. Ghee has been here for 2 camps and was playing good last season before the injury.

Final Mock 2012

1. Mark Barron - S
1. Courtney Upshaw - DE/OLB
2. Amini Silatolu - OG
3. Mohammed Sanu - WR
4. Ryan Steed - CB
5. Marcus Forston - DT
5. Tom Compton - OT
5. Ernest Owusu - DE
6. Michael Smith - RB
Old 02-02-2013, 07:40 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
You are seriously worried about the Bengals 5th CB?!? What about the Bengal's 5th Safety?

Look at this list objectively and tell me which group (CB or S) needs more help.

Hall - Nelson
Newman - Elam
Pacman - Mays
Dre Kirk - Miles
Ghee/Prater - Dye

I bumped Dre Kirk down to the 4th CB, because he hasn't played a snap.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:06 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
You are seriously worried about the Bengals 5th CB?!? What about the Bengal's 5th Safety?

Look at this list objectively and tell me which group (CB or S) needs more help.

Hall - Nelson
Newman - Elam
Pacman - Mays
Dre Kirk - Miles
Ghee/Prater - Dye

Dude all you do is whine in every post I make or comment in about a position and bring up a damn safety. We wasn't talking about safeties. The safety issue will be resolved but I'd still rather have McFadden or Robert Alford over Ghee/Prater or any other guy who hasn't done a thing for us.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:21 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 152

Quote:
Prater got hurt and was out for the season so did he get a chance.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:18 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalBuckeye View Post
Prater got hurt and was out for the season so did he get a chance.
whatever the reason he still hasn't shown anything and as i stated i'd rather have mcfadden or alford over them anyday.

Last edited by pulses; 02-04-2013 at 01:20 AM.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:22 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 6791

Quote:

Hall - Nelson
Newman - Elam
Pacman - Mays
Dre Kirk - Miles
Ghee/Prater - Dye

Newman and Pacman aren't on the 2013 list unless they re-sign.

Kirkpatrick, Ghee, and Prater combined for 4 total tackles in 2012 and all three ended the season on IR.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:49 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 127

Quote:

Hall - Nelson
Newman - Elam
Pacman - Mays
Dre Kirk - Miles
Ghee/Prater - Dye

you should bump newman down, he's terrible, slow, and makes dumb mistakes, i hope to hell they dont resign his old ***, he'll have dementia by the start of training camp, both ghee and prater were looking good until the injuries, hopefully kirk will step in this year and do well, mays needs to be let go he's trash miles is a good st, nelson and hall are def the 2 best in the back of the defense
Old 02-03-2013, 02:52 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalpost View Post
All picks as is, no trade. Adding a late round comp.

1. Alec Ogletree...LB...Georgia....
Maualuga, Howard, Skuta, and Lawson FA's. Linebacker might be the biggest need pick on the team.

2. Matt Elam......S......Florida
A big hole at safety with two vets...Clements and Crocker... filling in and now FA's. Decent prospects behind them but none of them seemingly qualified starters.

2. Marcus Wheaton...WR...Oregon St
Jones and Sanu had their moments. But we lack enough depth from injury. Wheaton is a plausible upgrade to both and makes the overall depth better.

3. Marcus Lattimore...RB...South Carolina
Not 100 percent certain on this pick. We don't have to rush him though, and the dividends could pay off big later.

4. Lavar Edwards....DE....LSU
Only mocking him here because he slots here. Overlooked due to Mingo and Montgomery and will be an interesting watch at the combine.

5. Garrett Gilkey....G/T....Chardon St
500 pound bench presser. Not a finesse player. Bengals have shown interest towards him.

6. Theo Riddick...RB...Notre Dame
He's played WR and RB for the Irish. Complimentary back who can catch.

6. Josh Johnson.....CB....Purdue
Probably should make one pick at this position. Practice squad

comp pick..guestimate...Ja'Gared Davis...LB...SMU
Late draft pick to possibly practice squad
i love the first 2 picks, been watching vids of them both, they're good, don't like the wr in the second(use that pick on a good olineman, or another backer) its not a big need, lattimore would be fine if he wasn't made of glass, switch him with joseph randle and theo riddick is good but no need to draft 2 rb's
Old 02-03-2013, 04:09 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225

I used to be a fan of Ogletree. Then I started to notice he struggled to get off blocks & had poor awareness at some times.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:44 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1554

Quote:

Hall is fine.
Who knows if Kirk will play well, or even play at all.
Pacman/Newman/Prater/Ghee? You're "fine" with that? Yikes.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:26 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Dude all you do is whine in every post I make or comment in about a position and bring up a damn safety. We wasn't talking about safeties. The safety issue will be resolved but I'd still rather have McFadden or Robert Alford over Ghee/Prater or any other guy who hasn't done a thing for us.
You say "whine"; I say attempt to discuss intelligently.

I put side-by-side the CBs by the Safeties. If you choose to "discuss" this side-by-side comparison, then I welcome it.

If you choose to "whine" about my consistant (and thought out) concern about the safety core, please add some value instead of just complaint.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...nkings/2013/CB

CBS Sports has the following ranks: McFadden (139th overall) and Alford (77th).

Alford would have to be drafed (most likely) with our 3rd round pick. In this mock, the RB is drafted in the 3rd round. So I wouldn't support the drafting of McFadden over a RB. Alford would be hypothetically a 5th round pick.

In my view, I see a Michael Williams (TE from Alabama) as having a much larger impact by replacing Roland as the heavy TE and giving the Bengals a more potent 3 T & 3 TE set on the 45 man roster.

I feel pretty confident that the Bengals should sign Pacman & Newman back to the 53 man roster.

As for the post about Newman being too slow, he wasn't too slow towards the end of the season. Nor did he give a 7 yard buffer at the snap of the ball. Pacman was boom or bust and did give up several long TDs consequently. Hall/Pacman/Newman/Der Kirk/Prater or Ghee.

As for the "BPA concept" (which I could whine about but won't), there are several RB prospects that are given higher grades than Alford and the others aren't too far behind. Ball (72nd overall), Ellington (75th overall), Randle (83rd overall), or perhaps Lattimore (86th overall).

Hey, but I guess this is whining.

Last edited by mulligan; 02-03-2013 at 08:35 AM.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:31 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Hall is fine.
In a vacuum, no.

When considering our Safety corp side-by-side, then I absolutely prioritize the safety corp.

So many seem to loose the concept and entirely of the 53 man roster and the strength (or lack thereof) in the positional groups.

Yes, it would be great to draft a CB. But if given the choice of drafting a CB in the 3rd or a RB in the 3rd (where no RB has been drafted prior), then I am going with the RB every time.

Dye had an injury and was an UDFA, so who knows if he will ever play. Sands has struggled to stay healthy and was recently arrested for beating his girlfriend (WVU grad of course), so who knows if he will ever play.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...nkings/2013/RB
I wouldn't support Lattimore (injury concern) in the 3rd, but I would like the idea of another. Possibly Ball (72nd overall), Ellington (75th overall), Randle (83rd overall), or perhaps Lattimore (86th overall).

Last edited by mulligan; 02-03-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:37 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
You say "whine"; I say attempt to discuss intelligently.

I put side-by-side the CBs by the Safeties. If you choose to "discuss" this side-by-side comparison, then I welcome it.

If you choose to "whine" about my consistant (and thought out) concern about the safety core, please add some value instead of just complaint.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...nkings/2013/CB

CBS Sports has the following ranks: McFadden (139th overall) and Alford (77th).

Alford would have to be drafed (most likely) with our 3rd round pick. In this mock, the RB is drafted in the 3rd round. So I wouldn't support the drafting of McFadden over a RB. Alford would be hypothetically a 5th round pick.

In my view, I see a Michael Williams (TE from Alabama) as having a much larger impact by replacing Roland as the heavy TE and giving the Bengals a more potent 3 T & 3 TE set on the 45 man roster.

I feel pretty confident that the Bengals should sign Pacman & Newman back to the 53 man roster.

As for the post about Newman being too slow, he wasn't too slow towards the end of the season. Nor did he give a 7 yard buffer at the snap of the ball. Pacman was boom or bust and did give up several long TDs consequently. Hall/Pacman/Newman/Der Kirk/Prater or Ghee.

As for the "BPA concept" (which I could whine about but won't), there are several RB prospects that are given higher grades than Alford and the others aren't too far behind. Ball (72nd overall), Ellington (75th overall), Randle (83rd overall), or perhaps Lattimore (86th overall).

Hey, but I guess this is whining.
in this mock he doesnt have micheal williams even in it. with this mock i would draft mcfadden in the 5th slide gilkey to the 6th and u can drop the purdue CB he had there and still keep riddick.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:30 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1351

Quote:
Safety is a definite need as is LBer early, but in my opinion, a top quality RB is also a must and Lattimore is no certainty. Gotta go get one of the top RBs coming out and if Lattimore is thee in rd 5-6 grab him for a future rotation.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:33 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1351

Quote:
Hall is fine.
As a fan, I think we have to have faith that our 1st rd pick from last year is definite starting material. They obviously love Ghee to keep him around despite his injuries. This is a must year for him. I think they liked Prater and it was probably good that he went on IR last year.