Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 02-02-2013, 05:41 PM
OSUfan's Avatar
OSUfan OSUfan is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: vandalia, ohio
Posts: 21,859
Rep Points: 23613
bengals Re: The key to the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's Nuts and Bolts View Post
I gave BFine something about the argument of All Americans.


I'm glad he was dominating teams like.

Weber St. Colorado, Tulsa, San Deigo St., Colorado St, Bosie St., New Mexico, Hawaii, Nevada, Air Force, and let not forget SMU.
Not a lot of NFL QB's coming out of that pack.

I said he was a ball hawk hence the int's, IMO Vacarro projects as a better NFL safety, it's my opinion. It is also IMO that Vaccarro goes ahead of Thomas in the draft.
Boise State has been a pretty darn good team for sometime now. And what about UC, Illinois, Ole Miss, Wisconsin, and Oregon?

Thomas as well has 1 more sack and more forced fumbles in one less season.
__________________

Last edited by OSUfan; 02-02-2013 at 05:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-02-2013, 06:17 PM
D's Nuts and Bolts's Avatar
D's Nuts and Bolts D's Nuts and Bolts is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manhattan, KS
Posts: 2,048
Rep Points: 2754
Default Re: The key to the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
Boise State has been a pretty darn good team for sometime now. And what about UC, Illinois, Ole Miss, Wisconsin, and Oregon?

Thomas as well has 1 more sack and more forced fumbles in one less season.
Lol, if you want to go back to 2009, 09,10,12, 0 int's against UC, Oregon, Wisconsin, 1 vs Boise and OL Miss, 2 vs Illinois in 09.

Yes and Colt Brennan once held the CFB passing record. So did Klinger

I get it you like Thomas over Vaccaro.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-02-2013, 06:29 PM
berserkerone88's Avatar
berserkerone88 berserkerone88 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Did you get that thing I sencha?
Posts: 20,110
Rep Points: 24536
Default Re: The key to the draft...

Phillip Thomas vs Oregon
Way too many arm tackles and poor effort on some plays as well.

Phillip Thomas vs BSU
Better than the Oregon game but still misses on arm tackles.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-02-2013, 06:41 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: The key to the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
It's not debatable that Sanu can get the job done? Have you seen Sanu play? Watch some college tape and tell me that he doesn't run great routes, have great hands, and amazing concentration, which is what we need out of our number two, possession receiver.

He struggled at the combine, which is why he dropped so much, but every expert says that he's very underrated.

Just watch this TD catch and tell me that, when you pair those with college highlights, it doesn't get you excited.

Jones is also a hell of a prospect that should have gone in round two or three and fell to five. He looked good here with awareness of where he was on the field and who was around, then he makes a good move into the endzone.

He also looks good in this short college highlight film.

Point is that they both look pretty good, so we don't need to waste a pick on a receiver when we have other important positions to improve.

SANU is a gawt darn slot WR i've seen him play I know what he's all about. He will never be anything BUT a slot WR. You obviously didnt watch the games because if you did you'd know we need someone outside on the other side. Sanu had 4 good games that's it, quit making him out to be some all pro WR because he's not. And Marvin Jones has not shown much at all.... Whalen is not that good neither is tate and neither is that sanzenbacher(sp) they picked up. we need UPGRADES, it's a fact understand that and move on from it.


He's in the NFL now I don't need to see college clips of him. We drafted him to be a slot wr because he was running 4.6's at the combine and is not fast enough to play outside. All of your GOOD teams have more than 2 WR's who can do something....look at the packers,saints,falcons,patriots,giants etc.


With an improved running game and another WR opposite of AJ we can be ELITE. PLENTY of WR's in this draft who are better than what we have besides AJ.

Last edited by pulses; 02-02-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-02-2013, 06:58 PM
OSUfan's Avatar
OSUfan OSUfan is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: vandalia, ohio
Posts: 21,859
Rep Points: 23613
bengals Re: The key to the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's Nuts and Bolts View Post
Lol, if you want to go back to 2009, 09,10,12, 0 int's against UC, Oregon, Wisconsin, 1 vs Boise and OL Miss, 2 vs Illinois in 09.

Yes and Colt Brennan once held the CFB passing record. So did Klinger

I get it you like Thomas over Vaccaro.
Uhm ....he played in those games so why would they not be referenced? Oh because they do not fit your point.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 02-02-2013, 07:22 PM
OSUfan's Avatar
OSUfan OSUfan is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: vandalia, ohio
Posts: 21,859
Rep Points: 23613
bengals Re: The key to the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
SANU is a gawt darn slot WR i've seen him play I know what he's all about. He will never be anything BUT a slot WR. You obviously didnt watch the games because if you did you'd know we need someone outside on the other side. Sanu had 4 good games that's it, quit making him out to be some all pro WR because he's not. And Marvin Jones has not shown much at all.... Whalen is not that good neither is tate and neither is that sanzenbacher(sp) they picked up. we need UPGRADES, it's a fact understand that and move on from it.


He's in the NFL now I don't need to see college clips of him. We drafted him to be a slot wr because he was running 4.6's at the combine and is not fast enough to play outside. All of your GOOD teams have more than 2 WR's who can do something....look at the packers,saints,falcons,patriots,giants etc.


With an improved running game and another WR opposite of AJ we can be ELITE. PLENTY of WR's in this draft who are better than what we have besides AJ.
If you know so much about the combine then you know it is a notoriously slow track. He ran a 4.5 at his pro day. Guess who else ran a 4.5 Michael Irvin, Brandon Marshall ran a 4.5, Dwayne Bowe ran a 4.5 at the combine and a 4.4 at his pro day, Boldin ran a 4.7 at the combine.

As you can see there is more to playing outside than a forty time. Oh yeah forgot Chad Johnson ran a 4.5 at the combine.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02-02-2013, 07:34 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: The key to the draft...

I know their is I've been watching football for well over 30 years.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-02-2013, 08:02 PM
BengalBuckeye BengalBuckeye is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 223
Rep Points: 152
Default Re: The key to the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
SANU is a gawt darn slot WR i've seen him play I know what he's all about. He will never be anything BUT a slot WR. You obviously didnt watch the games because if you did you'd know we need someone outside on the other side. Sanu had 4 good games that's it, quit making him out to be some all pro WR because he's not. And Marvin Jones has not shown much at all.... Whalen is not that good neither is tate and neither is that sanzenbacher(sp) they picked up. we need UPGRADES, it's a fact understand that and move on from it.


He's in the NFL now I don't need to see college clips of him. We drafted him to be a slot wr because he was running 4.6's at the combine and is not fast enough to play outside. All of your GOOD teams have more than 2 WR's who can do something....look at the packers,saints,falcons,patriots,giants etc.


With an improved running game and another WR opposite of AJ we can be ELITE. PLENTY of WR's in this draft who are better than what we have besides AJ.
I want to know who the Patriots have besides Welker and the Giants,Saints.I see the receivers you're talking about for those teams no different than Sanu and Jones.Lets take the giants and point out Cruz who is not fast and the Patriots have the other receiver who has been of a few different teamjs because he doesn't get open enough.The teams you point out don't have 2 great receivers on the outside.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-02-2013, 08:08 PM
BengalBuckeye BengalBuckeye is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 223
Rep Points: 152
Default Re: The key to the draft...

You can play receiver on the outside if you run slow but run crisp routes and get in and out of your breaks fast.I'm fed up with all this crap about drafting a receiver early without even seeing what Sanu and Jones can do for a full year.Some people on here want to dump a player because he isn't a pro bowl player his rookie year.It's stupid and like I said before receiver is a position it takes a couple years to become someone so give it a rest already.If you watched the Bengals games this year then you would have seen Dalton missed alot of open targets,so it's not all the receivers fault.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-02-2013, 08:13 PM
bfine32's Avatar
bfine32 bfine32 is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Radcliff, KY
Posts: 21,893
Rep Points: 40154
Default Re: The key to the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
Way too many arm tackles and poor effort on some plays as well.
So you're not a fan of arm tackles or big hits?
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02-02-2013, 08:14 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: The key to the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalBuckeye View Post
I want to know who the Patriots have besides Welker and the Giants,Saints.I see the receivers you're talking about for those teams no different than Sanu and Jones.Lets take the giants and point out Cruz who is not fast and the Patriots have the other receiver who has been of a few different teamjs because he doesn't get open enough.The teams you point out don't have 2 great receivers on the outside.

I didn't say GREAT receivers anywhere in my post. I said they had more than 2 wr's who make plays and consistently.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-02-2013, 08:16 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: The key to the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalBuckeye View Post
You can play receiver on the outside if you run slow but run crisp routes and get in and out of your breaks fast.I'm fed up with all this crap about drafting a receiver early without even seeing what Sanu and Jones can do for a full year.Some people on here want to dump a player because he isn't a pro bowl player his rookie year.It's stupid and like I said before receiver is a position it takes a couple years to become someone so give it a rest already.If you watched the Bengals games this year then you would have seen Dalton missed alot of open targets,so it's not all the receivers fault.
Nobody said anything about dumping sanu or jones read the damn posts.

But we have guys like whalen,tate,sazenbacher(sp) who can and should be upgraded, and you do that through the draft.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-02-2013, 08:18 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: The key to the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalBuckeye View Post
I want to know who the Patriots have besides Welker and the Giants,Saints.I see the receivers you're talking about for those teams no different than Sanu and Jones.Lets take the giants and point out Cruz who is not fast and the Patriots have the other receiver who has been of a few different teamjs because he doesn't get open enough.The teams you point out don't have 2 great receivers on the outside.
umm lets see the giants have cruz,hixon,nicks,and bennett played well for them this year.


4.4 speed is not fast huh

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2010&genpos=WR
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 02-02-2013, 08:20 PM
OSUfan's Avatar
OSUfan OSUfan is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: vandalia, ohio
Posts: 21,859
Rep Points: 23613
bengals Re: The key to the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
I know their is I've been watching football for well over 30 years.
Then why would you harp about a forty time as a reason a receiver can not play on the outside? You stated he was too slow to play outside.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 02-02-2013, 08:23 PM
crazymad crazymad is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 472
Rep Points: 151
Default Re: The key to the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
Boise State has been a pretty darn good team for sometime now. And what about UC, Illinois, Ole Miss, Wisconsin, and Oregon?

Thomas as well has 1 more sack and more forced fumbles in one less season.
one reason that thomas has better stats than vaccaro is because coaches knew better than to throw at vaccaro, you cant just look at int's and PD's those are misleading stats. however i completely agree with you on the wide reciever issue
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 02-02-2013, 08:27 PM
bfine32's Avatar
bfine32 bfine32 is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Radcliff, KY
Posts: 21,893
Rep Points: 40154
Default Re: The key to the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymad View Post
one reason that thomas has better stats than vaccaro is because coaches knew better than to throw at vaccaro,
Teams usually don't choose which Safety not to throw "at". Unlike CBs, they sorta go all over the field.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-02-2013, 08:27 PM
OSUfan's Avatar
OSUfan OSUfan is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: vandalia, ohio
Posts: 21,859
Rep Points: 23613
bengals Re: The key to the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymad View Post
one reason that thomas has better stats than vaccaro is because coaches knew better than to throw at vaccaro, you cant just look at int's and PD's those are misleading stats. however i completely agree with you on the wide reciever issue
Seriously? He is not that dominant that teams just play away from him. Yes he is a good safety but he is not the guy that teams play away from. It was a good try though.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-02-2013, 08:28 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: The key to the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
Then why would you harp about a forty time as a reason a receiver can not play on the outside? You stated he was too slow to play outside.

Because he is, his skillset is for the slot position and that's what we drafted him for. Not anything against him it's just it is what it is.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-02-2013, 08:43 PM
berserkerone88's Avatar
berserkerone88 berserkerone88 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Did you get that thing I sencha?
Posts: 20,110
Rep Points: 24536
Default Re: The key to the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
So you're not a fan of arm tackles or big hits?
More sloppy attempts at misinterpreting things I said?
Come on.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-02-2013, 08:44 PM
crazymad crazymad is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 472
Rep Points: 151
Default Re: The key to the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
Seriously? He is not that dominant that teams just play away from him. Yes he is a good safety but he is not the guy that teams play away from. It was a good try though.
i didnt say they completely stayed away from him, but he definitely had less oppurtunities than thomas did, and the level of competition is just not there for thomas, that doesnt make him a bad player though. it just means vaccaro is a better prospect
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02-02-2013, 09:18 PM
OSUfan's Avatar
OSUfan OSUfan is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: vandalia, ohio
Posts: 21,859
Rep Points: 23613
bengals Re: The key to the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymad View Post
i didnt say they completely stayed away from him, but he definitely had less oppurtunities than thomas did, and the level of competition is just not there for thomas, that doesnt make him a bad player though. it just means vaccaro is a better prospect
So Al Toon was a better prospect than Jerry Rice?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-02-2013, 09:22 PM
OSUfan's Avatar
OSUfan OSUfan is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: vandalia, ohio
Posts: 21,859
Rep Points: 23613
bengals Re: The key to the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
Because he is, his skillset is for the slot position and that's what we drafted him for. Not anything against him it's just it is what it is.
Who stated they drafted him for the slot? Can he thrive in the slot? Sure he could but that does not mean he cannot play outside as well. Oh I thought of another one as well Jerry Rice ran a 4.6 forty at the combine.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-02-2013, 09:26 PM
crazymad crazymad is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 472
Rep Points: 151
Default Re: The key to the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
So Al Toon was a better prospect than Jerry Rice?
thats apples and oranges, al toon had a very good and respectable career, and if he'd have caught passes from joe montana and steve young then who knows how it woulda turned out. we are comparing vaccaro and thomas not toon and rice, you cant just throw out two totally different people for comparison and expect it to stick, and you know it because you're a knowledgable football fan
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-02-2013, 10:01 PM
OSUfan's Avatar
OSUfan OSUfan is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: vandalia, ohio
Posts: 21,859
Rep Points: 23613
bengals Re: The key to the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymad View Post
thats apples and oranges, al toon had a very good and respectable career, and if he'd have caught passes from joe montana and steve young then who knows how it woulda turned out. we are comparing vaccaro and thomas not toon and rice, you cant just throw out two totally different people for comparison and expect it to stick, and you know it because you're a knowledgable football fan
The point was a higher competition level. Jerry Rice played at Mississippi Valley State and AlToon played at Wisconsin. Oh and no matter who was throwing to Toon he was not Jerry Rice.

Good football players make plays wherever they are playing. The competition level point is worn out. It has been disproven on way too many occasions.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 02-02-2013, 10:05 PM
D's Nuts and Bolts's Avatar
D's Nuts and Bolts D's Nuts and Bolts is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manhattan, KS
Posts: 2,048
Rep Points: 2754
Default Re: The key to the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
Uhm ....he played in those games so why would they not be referenced? Oh because they do not fit your point.
You really have issues or just like to argue. You get so wrapped up in your own opinion and I'm right your wrong attitude that it ruins a thread. I said your boy has skills I just like Vacarro as a PRO NFL FS/SS.

I think there is a reason you are so disliked on here.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.