Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Around the NFL

Around the NFL Discuss the other 31 teams and the NFL in general.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:57 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2778
Default The lesser of two evils, who are you pulling for in Super Bowl?

We have our Super Bowl nemesis, and our division rival. All we can do is hope both teams get lost on the way to the game, right? Wrong.

Bengals fans should be pulling for Baltimore tomorrow for a number of reasons.

- They represent our division and the conference. A Super Bowl champion Ravens team says something about the strength of the AFCN, and our Bengals.

- Ray Lewis is a stud. Love him or hate him, his talents you cannot deny. I pulling for him. If you see his episode of "A Football Life", you might come to like him a little more.

- The 49ers wrecked our Super Bowl dreams twice. I hope Flaco drives 90-yards in the last 2-minutes, and hits Boldin for a TD on a post with less than 20-seconds left in the game to win.

- The Ravens have allot of similarities to the Bengals. The Ravens winning this Super Bowl gives me hope that Andy can develop into a championship QB like Flaco, and that we've got the right kind of mix to go out and win it all.

- The Ravens are not the Steelers.

Go Ravens? At least for 3-hours tomorrow evening.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:05 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1381
Default Re: The lesser of two evils, who are you pulling for in Super Bowl?

9ers, not even close. No way I want to see a division rival win the big one, no way I want to see a murderer go out on top who cheated just so he was able to come back in time. Plus I like SF's coach and a lot of the players they have.

I don't understand this idea that the Bengals are supposed to hate the 49ers. They didn't wreck the Bengals Superbowl dreams, the Bengals did that themselves by losing in the big game twice.

Last edited by RedBengal9; 02-02-2013 at 04:08 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:07 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9475

49'ers are in desperate need to lose one in the last minute of regulation.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:15 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2778

Ray Lewis has not murdered anyone. Grow up.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:24 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 779

NO true Bengals fan could cheer for either of these teams!

Screw the Ratbirds.
Screw the 49ers.

I hope it ends in a tie!

..and since that can't happen... I hope Rey Lewis is dropped on his head and knocked out of the game, I hope Flacco is sacked 10x and I hope Ray Rice trips, coughs up the ball and never has the confidence to return.

And with that.. I say good riddance to Rey Lewis. The best part of this SB is knowing that I'll NEVER... EEEEEEEEEEVER see his Ratbird face again.

Who dey.

"Terrible Towels are for wiping, not waving."

Now let's DO this!

#whodey
Old 02-02-2013, 04:35 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8290

No matter who wins Steelers fans will be furious. Sadly, that is as close to "winning" on SB sunday as we get. I'll take it!
Old 02-02-2013, 04:37 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 266

Love or hate him, but I wanna see Ray Lewis end his career with the big win. His episode of "A Football life" is inspiring, rival or not. So for 3 hours, I'll cheer the Ravens.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:38 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 41964

This is the only senario in which I'd be happy that one team won:

CK struggles and Ravens get the lead on turnovers

Jim Harbaugh has to go back to Alex Smith

Alex Smith leads San Fran back to a victory, by abusing Ray Lewis

Smith flips off both teams and walks off the field.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:44 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3663

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
This is the only senario in which I'd be happy that one team won:

CK struggles and Ravens get the lead on turnovers

Jim Harbaugh has to go back to Alex Smith

Alex Smith leads San Fran back to a victory, by abusing Ray Lewis

Smith flips off both teams and walks off the field.
This would probably be the greatest thing ever...then the 49ers end up with 6 superbowls
Old 02-02-2013, 05:00 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 32054

Part of me wants to pull for the Ravens, even though I think Flacco is a giant d-bag.

If the Ravens win, it will drive Flacco's already ridiculous asking price up even more, making the Ravens commit 20+ million to a pretty average QB.

Then again, if the 49ers win, the Steelers won't be the only team with 6 rings.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 02-02-2013, 05:03 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1039

I question Bengals fans that would root for the Ravens. The 49ers had a dynasty in the 80's. So they beat the Bengals in the SB 20+ years ago, I was three years old in 1989.

The media loves labeling QB's "elite" just because they win a Super Bowl. Joe Flacco is not elite. He just isn't. He makes two throws; deep balls to Torrey Smith and Anquan Boldin, and check downs to Rice and the TE's. I hope he throws 5 int's and they could all be to Donte Whitner for all I care.

I thought I'd like to see Ray Lewis go out with a championship, but I'm so sick of his holier than thou, God told me to take deer antler spray, ra-ra crap. I'd rather see Randy Moss win a ring.

I hate the Steelers, and then I hate the Ravens. I would root for Michigan, the Dallas Cowboys, and the New York Yankees before I'd root for either of those teams. If you're rooting for the Ravens tomorrow, I'm going to assume you'd root for the Steelers if they were playing the '9ers, and that is unacceptable.

The scenario with Alex Smith saving the day, and maybe Stone Cold Stunning Goodell as the commish hands him the MVP trophy, would definitely be the best possible outcome.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:12 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2130

My best friend is a niners fan, and I hate everything Ray Lewis. Yes, his "football life" was inspiring but he's WAY over the top. I'm tired of seeing him cry and thank god so much. No one wants to hear your religious antics. And then to hear he supposedly took banned substances is icing on the cake. He's a self absorbed ego maniac
Old 02-02-2013, 05:13 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2273

I am kinda rooting for the Ravens to win if for no other reason than to hopefully inspire Ed Reed to not come back next year. Maybe if he gets his ring, we will think that he has accomplished what he wanted and will want to go into the Hall of Fame with Lewis. With him and Lewis gone from the Ratbirds, I do not think the Ravens will be able to be the force they have been. Plus it will drive up Flaco's asking price during a contract year.

However, I will need to take a long hot shower after the game to wash the ickiness of cheering for the ratbirds off.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:20 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18921

This will make the Cleveland Brown fans angier.

Still what an ugly ring.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:22 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmac4 View Post
I am kinda rooting for the Ravens to win if for no other reason than to hopefully inspire Ed Reed to not come back next year. Maybe if he gets his ring, we will think that he has accomplished what he wanted and will want to go into the Hall of Fame with Lewis. With him and Lewis gone from the Ratbirds, I do not think the Ravens will be able to be the force they have been. Plus it will drive up Flaco's asking price during a contract year.

However, I will need to take a long hot shower after the game to wash the ickiness of cheering for the ratbirds off.

Your signature, I will not search for it because I searched for it last year and I STILL can't get the images out of my head.

http://boards.bengals.com/showpost.p...0&postcount=58

Last edited by BengalYankee; 02-02-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:23 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16744

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
Part of me wants to pull for the Ravens, even though I think Flacco is a giant d-bag.

If the Ravens win, it will drive Flacco's already ridiculous asking price up even more, making the Ravens commit 20+ million to a pretty average QB.

Then again, if the 49ers win, the Steelers won't be the only team with 6 rings.
This and it aint even close. plus the 9ers have plenty of former Bengal players to root for. But the biggest reason for me is stealers and their fans can shut the hell up about 6 rings.

The Alex Smith scenario above would be

Old 02-02-2013, 05:31 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2657

While its hard to root for another division foe, I can NEVER root for that limp wristed team from the bay area. Two super bowl losses to them can do that to you. Especially when we coulda/ shoulda won both.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:42 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben zoo 2 View Post
While its hard to root for another division foe, I can NEVER root for that limp wristed team from the bay area. Two super bowl losses to them can do that to you. Especially when we coulda/ shoulda won both.

I hate em, hate em, hate em!!!
Old 02-02-2013, 05:57 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utts View Post
We have our Super Bowl nemesis, and our division rival. All we can do is hope both teams get lost on the way to the game, right? Wrong.

Bengals fans should be pulling for Baltimore tomorrow for a number of reasons.

- They represent our division and the conference. A Super Bowl champion Ravens team says something about the strength of the AFCN, and our Bengals.
Just getting to the Super Bowl doesn't say anything about the strength of the division? Four Super Bowl appearences with two victories since the turn of the century doesn't say our division's strong? (That may be off but I'm just going off the top of my head.) Six(?) AFC Championship appearences since the turn of the century doesn't show that the division's strong?

Bad reason.
Quote:
- Ray Lewis is a stud. Love him or hate him, his talents you cannot deny. I pulling for him. If you see his episode of "A Football Life", you might come to like him a little more.
He also killed someone. He should have been watching the Super Bowl in '01 from a jail cell, not playing in it.

Quote:
- The 49ers wrecked our Super Bowl dreams twice. I hope Flaco drives 90-yards in the last 2-minutes, and hits Boldin for a TD on a post with less than 20-seconds left in the game to win.
We didn't beat them. Would you rather that we just play a bunch of high school teams so we can win a championship? The fact that they could have the most Super Bowls in history (tied) gives us more credibility in losing to them.
Quote:
The Ravens have allot of similarities to the Bengals. The Ravens winning this Super Bowl gives me hope that Andy can develop into a championship QB like Flaco, and that we've got the right kind of mix to go out and win it all.
If they win this game, it very likely won't be because of Flacco, and Flacco winning has nothing to do with Andy's development.

Quote:
- The Ravens are not the Steelers.
They're the second of two evils.

Sorry, but I'm not validating these reasons just to make you feel better.
Quote:
Are you serious? Everybody knows that he killed someone. Are you maybe not old enough to remember? Why'd he ditch his suit? Did he spill wine on it at the party?

Grow up.

Last edited by bradfritz21; 02-03-2013 at 02:30 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:58 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 779

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolomen View Post
The scenario with Alex Smith saving the day, and maybe Stone Cold Stunning Goodell as the commish hands him the MVP trophy, would definitely be the best possible outcome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhTHlia1NXE

STONE COLD!
STONE COLD!

"Terrible Towels are for wiping, not waving."

Now let's DO this!

#whodey
Old 02-02-2013, 06:01 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10682

Big fan of both Ray Lewis and Colin Kaepernick. I was a fan of Kaepernick while he was in Nevada (Wolfpack fan here).

So honestly, either way, I don't mind. I'd like Lewis to end his career with a win, but I also like Kapernick.

Either way, this is going to be an interesting Super Bowl. One team will no longer be undefeated in the big game.

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 02-02-2013, 06:13 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1569

Not sure how any Bengal fan fan be rooting for the Ravens. I can't even begin to comprehend that.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:27 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1526

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBengal9 View Post
9ers, not even close. No way I want to see a division rival win the big one, no way I want to see a murderer go out on top who cheated just so he was able to come back in time. Plus I like SF's coach and a lot of the players they have.

I don't understand this idea that the Bengals are supposed to hate the 49ers. They didn't wreck the Bengals Superbowl dreams, the Bengals did that themselves by losing in the big game twice.
Who cares if he's a murderer! I'm sure he had no choice, or at the very least, he felt threatened. I don't know exactly what happened, but I do know he did not kill two people for no reason. And still Ray Lewis is a stud, I've always had respect for the guy. Still, I would never in a million years want a division rival to win the big game. Never...
Old 02-02-2013, 06:46 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalsfan2008 View Post
Who cares if he's a murderer! I'm sure he had no choice, or at the very least, he felt threatened. I don't know exactly what happened, but I do know he did not kill two people for no reason. And still Ray Lewis is a stud, I've always had respect for the guy. Still, I would never in a million years want a division rival to win the big game. Never...
Who cares if he is a murderer...you serious?? You are sure he had no choice?? Do you even know the story? Just read this:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-2000/1566198/

At the least the dude told his buddies to get the job done! Their blood was found in his limo!!

Check out the facts before you speak.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:49 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
So if I use your logic Casey Anthony didn't kill her baby, and OJ Simpson didn't kill his wife simply because they got a not guilty verdict...despite all the facts being against them. Grow up? Pretty sure I'm the grown man who is reading into the facts, and not the ESPN love/spin.

A division rival with this guy as the face of their franchise?? Guess Bengals fans are starting to get soft on their feelings for their rivals.