Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:13 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4565
Default Why Ray Lewis announced his retirement early

While most players wait until the off season to announce their retirement, this self centered a-hole didn't want to "rob" anyone of a last opportunity to bask in his greatness.

Ray Lewis Retired Early To Bask In Own Glory | SportsGrid

“I’ve watched many people on how they retire, and when they retire,” Lewis said. “I had not just an obligation to myself, but I had an obligation to my teammates and I had an obligation to my city – that I did not want to end the season and then say, ‘I’m gone.’ I’ve invested too much time into Baltimore, into my teammates and into the organization to ever just walk out like that.
I believe that you should give everybody a fair chance to say their goodbyes. Playing that last game in Baltimore, announcing it the way I did, and knowing that it would be my last ride. Knowing that it would be my last time in M&T [Bank Stadium], it was one of the most amazing feelings ever. Just being able to appreciate that moment and not get to the end of the season – whenever the road stops – and say, ‘Oh, I’m done. I’m never coming back again.’
“I would have robbed a lot of people of those last goodbyes for me and them. That is why I did it that way.”
You get to say goodbye to Ray. You get to thank him for his great work. You get to send him off into the sunset. This is your moment. Your glory. Your memory. You get to touch his hand while he takes a victory lap around M&T Bank Stadium and soaks in the standing ovation. He “would have robbed” you had he not done that. This isn’t about Ray Lewis. It’s about you. So selfless. What a guy.

Amani Toomer also has some words for that raven jerk.

Amani Toomer blasts Ray Lewis: ‘You’re becoming a caricature of yourself. It’s exhausting’ | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo! Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by SociopathicSteelerFan
Obamas lies... 11-21-2014 10:39 PM SociopathicSteelerFan My alter is woodley and I approve this copypasta. -SSF
Quote:
Election Day Waste 11-06-2014 01:25 AM SociopathicSteelerFan You're cute when you're an alter. -SS
Quote:
Texas is about as... 11-09-2014 02:41 PM SociopathicSteelerFan I posted this rep message because no one likes me. :( -SSF
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdino
Because MORE elected officials should take that stand they are elected to defend the law..not the bible.

Last edited by Woodley; 01-31-2013 at 08:31 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:37 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12715
Default Re: Why Ray Lewis announced his retirement early

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
While most players wait until the off season to announce their retirement, this self centered a-hole didn't want to "rob" anyone of a last opportunity to bask in his greatness.

Ray Lewis Retired Early To Bask In Own Glory | SportsGrid

“I’ve watched many people on how they retire, and when they retire,” Lewis said. “I had not just an obligation to myself, but I had an obligation to my teammates and I had an obligation to my city – that I did not want to end the season and then say, ‘I’m gone.’ I’ve invested too much time into Baltimore, into my teammates and into the organization to ever just walk out like that.
I believe that you should give everybody a fair chance to say their goodbyes. Playing that last game in Baltimore, announcing it the way I did, and knowing that it would be my last ride. Knowing that it would be my last time in M&T [Bank Stadium], it was one of the most amazing feelings ever. Just being able to appreciate that moment and not get to the end of the season – whenever the road stops – and say, ‘Oh, I’m done. I’m never coming back again.’
“I would have robbed a lot of people of those last goodbyes for me and them. That is why I did it that way.”
You get to say goodbye to Ray. You get to thank him for his great work. You get to send him off into the sunset. This is your moment. Your glory. Your memory. You get to touch his hand while he takes a victory lap around M&T Bank Stadium and soaks in the standing ovation. He “would have robbed” you had he not done that. This isn’t about Ray Lewis. It’s about you. So selfless. What a guy.

Amani Toomer also has some words for that raven jerk.

Amani Toomer blasts Ray Lewis: ‘You’re becoming a caricature of yourself. It’s exhausting’ | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo! Sports

I literally opened this expecting it to be something dumb about getting out before his illegal supplement usage caught up with him.

I had to read both stories...twice...to believe he's really arrogant and stupid enough to say what he said.

Quote:
...promoting sexism is actually a beautiful thing
Old 01-31-2013, 08:45 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 191

Toomer is a fool. He said on the radio today, the 2000 ravens defense was overrated And the giants made them look good in the Super Bowl.
Still butthurt about losing 12 years ago...

Also, the only people who have a problem with Ray's swan song are outside of Baltimore. The fans love every bit and the players are are battling behind his chariot.
This crap is all over espn+nfl network and its getting old.. Just jealous fans and players who could only wish to be as successful and loved as ray is.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:10 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Rice Rutgers Running View Post
Toomer is a fool. He said on the radio today, the 2000 ravens defense was overrated And the giants made them look good in the Super Bowl.
Still butthurt about losing 12 years ago...

Also, the only people who have a problem with Ray's swan song are outside of Baltimore. The fans love every bit and the players are are battling behind his chariot.
This crap is all over espn+nfl network and its getting old.. Just jealous fans and players who could only wish to be as successful and loved as ray is.
One thing you're right about...if I could get away with murder once I'd do it.

Quote:
Old 01-31-2013, 09:19 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4565

Quote:
Also, the only people who have a problem with Ray's swan song are outside of Baltimore. .
Thats because the people inside baltimore are baltimorons and ray knows it.

And you're a baltimoron because you missed the whole point. It's not a matter of if the fans like it or not, it's to point how he is indeed a self centered arrogant SOB.

Quote:
Obamas lies... 11-21-2014 10:39 PM SociopathicSteelerFan My alter is woodley and I approve this copypasta. -SSF
Quote:
Election Day Waste 11-06-2014 01:25 AM SociopathicSteelerFan You're cute when you're an alter. -SS
Quote:
Texas is about as... 11-09-2014 02:41 PM SociopathicSteelerFan I posted this rep message because no one likes me. :( -SSF
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdino
Because MORE elected officials should take that stand they are elected to defend the law..not the bible.

Last edited by Woodley; 01-31-2013 at 09:28 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:39 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Thats because the people inside baltimore are baltimorons and ray knows it.

And you're a baltimoron because you missed the whole point. It's not a matter of if the fans like it or not, it's to point how he is indeed a self centered arrogant SOB.
Homer, or not... Nothing in that article came off as arrogant to me.
He only seems like an attention ***** because the media have blown his story to complete overkill... While 3 weeks later, ray seems to have completely forgotten about his las home game, and is playing for a Super Bowl.

Stop watching so much ESPN bro... It'll melt your mind
Old 01-31-2013, 09:43 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdino View Post
One thing you're right about...if I could get away with rape once I'd do it.

Fixed that for ya
Old 01-31-2013, 10:07 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Fixed that for ya
You mean Ray Lewis got away with double murder AND rape?

Quote:
Old 01-31-2013, 11:28 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8105

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdino View Post
You mean Ray Lewis got away with double murder AND rape?

He wouldnt be the first guy.........

Throw his way and get the FULL NELSON!!!

MEET MR. INTENSITY!!

Even Gronk don't want none of that!!
Old 01-31-2013, 11:40 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1940

Old 02-02-2013, 12:14 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 998

I really don't care when he retires. I do care when he causes someone to expire and then blame it on his friends.

Cleveland, we have a problem.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:08 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448
bengals Re: Why Ray Lewis announced his retirement early

He is such a phony, acting like he is praying, and no tears when he cries, so phoooooooooooooooooooooooooony.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:15 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 30181

Quote:

At least he admitted to robbery.