Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:37 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7648
Default forget Reggie and Felix

if he is released I want CJ2K

Quote:
Chris Johnson - RB - Titans

Chris Johnson told 104.5 The Zone in Nashville on Friday that he's received no assurances on his 2013 roster spot from the Titans.
$9 million of Johnson's $10 million base salary becomes guaranteed if he's on the roster beyond February 9. Johnson said he's had no contact with the Titans since the season ended. "Throughout everything that's been going on and all this talk, I never have talked to anybody about (the contract)," he said. "So I'm not sure." Asked if he'd be "surprised" if the Titans released him, Johnson replied "I don't know. Because there's been so much talk about it. I know there's probably discussions about it or whatever. I couldn't say I wouldn't be surprised, but it wouldn't be no bad blood." Johnson continued to complain about his offensive line and is hoping the organization "revamps" the front five again this offseason.
Source: 104.5 The Zone Nashville
Feb 1 - 3:38 PM

WINNING MAKES BELIEVERS OF US ALL PAUL BROWN
Marvin for GM 2013
Old 02-01-2013, 09:41 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2575
Default Re: forget Reggie and Felix

speed back wont do us anygood unless we fix our OL . I would rather have a bigger back to blast through the defences of the AFCN. i would trade for DMC if he could stay healthy for a season.

I support Andy Dalton 100 percent. Some fans expect too much too soon or from too little.

Dalton is not the problem. Sometimes I think the only reason people gripe about him is because they have nothing better to do or simply like to read the word of their own writing, similar to when people complaining just to hear the sound of their own voice.

If the world has no faith in me, Then I have no faith in it.

Prosperity should not be shared with those who did not earn it.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:49 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7657
bengals Re: forget Reggie and Felix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton's_Gang View Post
speed back wont do us anygood unless we fix our OL . I would rather have a bigger back to blast through the defences of the AFCN. i would trade for DMC if he could stay healthy for a season.
DMC wouldn't be traded if he could stay healthy for a season... otherwise everyone would want him. He can't though. If he gets released, I would love some CJ2K.. the OL made plenty of holes in 2012, but BJGE simply could never outrun those last defenders. So those possible TDs turned to 20-40 yard runs. There's nothing wrong with the OL... BJGE's 7 runs of 20+ yards in 2012 is 2 more than the 5 runs of 20+ yards in his other FOUR YEARS COMBINED.

0-5, 7-18, 90-90-1... all you need to know about Marvin Lewis.

Last edited by TheLeonardLeap; 02-01-2013 at 11:54 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:08 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 323

yeah i mean run blocking is our lines strength, pass blocking is what they need to work on.

but on topic i wouldn't mind it...but i'd rather draft a RB because the shelf life on RB's these days is so short.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:55 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2084

A good speed back this year with BJGE amount of carries would've produced 1500 yards. It just seemed like Green Ellis had some big holes that he took for about 20 yards that a normal back would've taken to the house. That game when BJGE got tackled inside the 1 yard line twice any other back would've scored untouched.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:08 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19014

Quote:
it wouldn't be no bad blood
So it would be bad blood? If it wouldn't be bad blood, then there would be no bad blood, but if it wouldn't be no bad blood, then that means there would be bad blood, right?

I'm not sure why he would come here, other than we have a ton of money to spend on him (that's another reason I hope we don't overpay our own guys hjust to get to the salary floor), but he'd be a great fit in the WCO because he's a great runner in space and he has great vision. He's also not bad at receiving.

I highly doubt it happens, but it would be amazing.

Visit my site or if you know of any schools, companies, youth groups, etc., that are in need of a public speaker.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:11 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225

Our O line will be upgraded in the draft. We will without a doubt draft Barrett Jones and possibly take a guard in round 2 or 3 unless we have faith in Wharton...I would take Chris Johnson..for the right price.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:21 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1131

Quote:
Originally Posted by fozzie11 View Post
yeah i mean run blocking is our lines strength, pass blocking is what they need to work on.

but on topic i wouldn't mind it...but i'd rather draft a RB because the shelf life on RB's these days is so short.

I disagree, I think our lines is better in pass protection then run blocking. Especially with Kyle Cook at center the guy is a horrible run blocker, Robinson showed some promise but when your facing a huge NT in the AFC sometimes pass blocking and running outside is the game plan for a smaller center like Robinson.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:26 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 323

Idk towards the end of the season i saw way more huge wholes opening, and Andy under way more duress in the pocket.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:46 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4373

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal4ever68 View Post
Our O line will be upgraded in the draft. We will without a doubt draft Barrett Jones and possibly take a guard in round 2 or 3 unless we have faith in Wharton...I would take Chris Johnson..for the right price.
While I would be in favor of this like you have no idea. The odds of it happening are very slim. We may get a Jones in the 1st round but with all of the needs and the history of this team says that we will go LBer.

My fantasy draft would be for Warmack to fall and Jones to fall to the 2nd round. A line with Whitworth, Warmack, Jones, Zeitler and Smith (if we could resign him if not hope that Vollmer becomes available) would be fun to watch. Another candidate for the RT spot would be Jake Long, he plays LT now and has been injured so there is risk. However if he bounces back from his injury he could be an option for RT.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:52 AM
VIP Silver Member

I actually like the idea of CJ2K as our FA RB pick up. A guy that is a threat to take it 90 plus yards for a TD would be just as much as a factor in helping relieve pressure on Dalton and Green. Add a number 2 WR (hoping Sanu's flashes are more than just flashes) and our offense just went from meh to scary. Take away Green and get burned by the RB, stack against the RB and get burned by Green, try to stop both and have the number 2 step in. That help us get at least 21 points a game easily which with this defense would mean wins.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:02 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
While I would be in favor of this like you have no idea. The odds of it happening are very slim. We may get a Jones in the 1st round but with all of the needs and the history of this team says that we will go LBer.

My fantasy draft would be for Warmack to fall and Jones to fall to the 2nd round. A line with Whitworth, Warmack, Jones, Zeitler and Smith (if we could resign him if not hope that Vollmer becomes available) would be fun to watch. Another candidate for the RT spot would be Jake Long, he plays LT now and has been injured so there is risk. However if he bounces back from his injury he could be an option for RT.
Jake Long wants $10M a year, and while he's a solid LT, he's not elite like most believe. Ask any Dolphins fan and they'll tell you that he struggled this season. Andre would probably be cheaper, and better at RT. If Warmack ever fell to 21, I would snatch him up in a heartbeat. Same with Jonathan Cooper actually, but that'll never happen.

As for the Chris Johnson thing, I'd love to have him, but I just don't see Tenn letting him walk. They have $20M in cap space themselves, it just wouldn't make sense.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:43 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibengals View Post
Jake Long wants $10M a year, and while he's a solid LT, he's not elite like most believe. Ask any Dolphins fan and they'll tell you that he struggled this season. Andre would probably be cheaper, and better at RT. If Warmack ever fell to 21, I would snatch him up in a heartbeat. Same with Jonathan Cooper actually, but that'll never happen.

As for the Chris Johnson thing, I'd love to have him, but I just don't see Tenn letting him walk. They have $20M in cap space themselves, it just wouldn't make sense.
Must have missed the part where I mentioned his injury history. That is why he struggled this year. If Long rebounds from his injury, then he would be a nice addition for the right price of course. Now unlike moving a RT over to LT, usually LTs can be moved to RT. It isn't always the case but sometimes switching from LT to RT actually improves the player, look at Oher. Smith was a LT in the draft and is now playing RT

I don't know why everyone thinks Smith will be cheaper. Remember this guy was a holdout over money issues. Not only did he hold out but was a bust for 2 years with injury himself. Finally did something in his 3rd year but wasn't overly great and in a contract year does a better job than the previous year but still not worthy of a big contract at the expense of some of the other guys. I have a feeling that he will walk and not because the Bengals didn't extend an offer but because someone else will overpay for him.

Not to say that I don't want him, just looking for options in the likely event that he leaves. Another reason I would take Jones for his versatility if Smith walks and we don't sign his replacement. Having options gives the team an advantage in resigning Smith at the right amount which will help us be able to distribute the money more evenly to our other players and allow us some leeway when we can resign Green and possibly Dalton.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:01 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7534

Quote:

You can never look at a fan bases opinion.

Our fans wanted Justin Smith ran out of town.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:27 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post

I don't know why everyone thinks Smith will be cheaper. Remember this guy was a holdout over money issues. Not only did he hold out but was a bust for 2 years with injury himself. Finally did something in his 3rd year but wasn't overly great and in a contract year does a better job than the previous year but still not worthy of a big contract at the expense of some of the other guys. I have a feeling that he will walk and not because the Bengals didn't extend an offer but because someone else will overpay for him.
He was hands down our best offensive lineman this year, what else does he have to prove? Besides the game against Philadelphia, Smith was completely dominant in every aspect. The run game went for 4.4 yards/carry behind him compared to 3.7 behind Whitworth, and his pass blocking was great too.

Smith was the #1 RT in football last season, what else could you expect out of Long that Smith couldn't do?
Old 02-02-2013, 06:13 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
He was hands down our best offensive lineman this year, what else does he have to prove? Besides the game against Philadelphia, Smith was completely dominant in every aspect. The run game went for 4.4 yards/carry behind him compared to 3.7 behind Whitworth, and his pass blocking was great too.

Smith was the #1 RT in football last season, what else could you expect out of Long that Smith couldn't do?
How about being consistent. I would argue that he wasn't as good as some on here think he is. It is very debatable about him being the "best" RT in the NFL last year. However this isn't about whether or not I want him. It is about him actually staying here.

Why is it that when someone mentions signing Long (who when healthy would be an upgrade) or Vollmer, then fans start with this silly notion that we don't want Smith? All the Bengals can do is offer a fair contract. It would be up to Smith to decide if the contract is fair. His previous history regarding the matter supports that he will go to the highest bidder. Some teams overpay for guys. Smith has a good chance to be one of them. Let me ask you if we resign Smith at the expense of Atkins or Green would you be happy with that?

I hope he signs a contract with us but to think that he would stay if another team throws out more money without the incentives would be naive. Long was injured last year, if he recovers from injury and wouldn't mind moving to RT then he could be a viable option for the even of Smith leaving. A good insurance policy if we don't resign Smith or bring in Long is to draft B. Jones who has played all over the line and was considered a Top OT last year.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:49 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 963

Back to subject of the thread:

Chris Johnson is a head case. I do not want a RB who complains about his offensive line.

Plus he isn't that good any more.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:20 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10579

Might as well get LeGarrette Blount as well.

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 02-03-2013, 02:41 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7657
bengals Re: forget Reggie and Felix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Thomas 17 View Post
Back to subject of the thread:

Chris Johnson is a head case. I do not want a RB who complains about his offensive line.

Plus he isn't that good any more.
I can agree that he's a bit of a head case, and RBs who complain about their OLs aren't great either.. but after that we have to stop agreeing. The guy's still good. He is on a HORRIBLE Titans team, with a QB (Locker) who in 11 games, threw for *under* 200 yards a game, and a negative total TD/Turnover ration of 11-15..... and Chris Johnson still managed 1200+ yards on 4.5ypc, and still caught another 36 catches.. oh, and still has the explosiveness to get a 94 yard rushing TD.

I think most of that points to him being pretty good... just on a terrible team.

0-5, 7-18, 90-90-1... all you need to know about Marvin Lewis.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:59 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeonardLeap View Post
I can agree that he's a bit of a head case, and RBs who complain about their OLs aren't great either.. but after that we have to stop agreeing. The guy's still good. He is on a HORRIBLE Titans team, with a QB (Locker) who in 11 games, threw for *under* 200 yards a game, and a negative total TD/Turnover ration of 11-15..... and Chris Johnson still managed 1200+ yards on 4.5ypc, and still caught another 36 catches.. oh, and still has the explosiveness to get a 94 yard rushing TD.

I think most of that points to him being pretty good... just on a terrible team.
I couldn't agree more. Teams on keying in on him because they know he is a threat. That is why he would do better here. Teams will have trouble keying in on him with Green out there.