Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:42 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 236

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBengal9 View Post
PFT now posted an article on the story:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-playoff-loss/
This friggin article makes me so mad. It's one thing for the media to not talk about the Bengals when they are playing well(This doesn't necessarily bother me). But it seems like they are reaching for a story here because of some of the previous probs we've had with WR's in the past. I don't know, maybe it's because I read a bunch of the comments and peeps are hating, and comparing him to the traditional Diva NFL WR's. LOL. I honestly don't think he was throwing any one under the bus with his comments. I guess I should be used to it. Shoot, we're Cincy, haters gonna hate, regardless.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:49 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 21266
Default Re: AJ admits being frustrated over Texans gameplan

Glad to hear that from AJ, and how he said it. Personally I thought it was a horrible plan as does almost everyone else, which was a big straw as to why Grudan lost a lot of love around here. But it is in the past, and like everything it should be studied by Grudan and Marvin as to not what to do next year when we make the playoffs again.

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown
We did some good things today. - Marvin Lewis

Old 02-02-2013, 07:19 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 484

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCloud View Post
I thought Green was gracious in his comments, too, but I'm glad to have it confirmed how frustrated he was with the plan.

Marvin's answer would be "Well, it's very hard for someone outside the coaching inner circle to understand what we were doing."

Well, that's the truth, isn't it?

Anyway here's my philosophy: If you've got a cannon, shoot it!
What if its only a water gun?
Old 02-02-2013, 07:40 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1381

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay62107 View Post
What if its only a water gun?
So you are saying AJ is only a water gun?

It's either that or you are just making a stupid post.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:34 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5327

Everybody is blaming Gruden but is anyone sure this wasn't Marvin?

Weird things have been happening before Gruden was here, in the 2009 playoff game against the Jets the Bengals down 2 scores late 4th Q and they tried to force the run against one of the best run defenses, they helped run the clock out for the Jets, pretty sure I remember Marvin taking the blame for that bonehead decision.

Marvin is the worst coach in the NFL and its inexplicable that he still has a job but maybe the design is to still go 8-8 and Marvin is the perfect patsy to accomplish that
Old 02-05-2013, 12:17 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1855

I hope this is corrected before we have to resign him.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:33 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 13575

[quote=OSUfan;2798552]Got his number? Until then speculation both ways.

Not to mention of the 14 offensive snaps there were called runs in there as well. Not sure how many run plays we actually had but could safely say 4-6 I would think. So that easily takes it down to conservatively 10 offensive snaps. We know 2 went to Gresham so that makes it 8 snaps. If I am not mistaken we threw 1 or 2 screens that got blown up so let's say 7 snaps.

Truth^^^^^^^

AJ was targeted 11 times in game. 12 but one was a penalty.

This is 5 times more than Houston targeted Andre Johnson who out performed AJ in receptions, yards gained, and yards averaged per reception this season. Albeit AJ scored more TD's. Point being, both are elite.

AJ caught 45% of passes thrown his way in game, Andre caught 66% in game.

But Houston still beat us by targeting to their TE's. 14 times in game, 11 in the first half alone.

Guess maybe their OC is an idiot as well ?

No. Good defenses like Houston and the Bengals take away plan A.

If Gresham holds on to ball like Daniels did ? Then maybe it sets AJ up for big first half catch. But he did not.

Time to move forward.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:53 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1039

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBengal9 View Post
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Green-hopes-to-use-Pro-Bowl-to-launch-into-13/256f3ebd-bc16-4014-b2fa-5eb38d937767

Well, this answers a lot of people's questions, and places a little less blame on the back of Andy Dalton.

Gruden focusing on the Gresham matchup and not involving his best player in the entire first half? Makes about as much sense as going to Ryan Whalen over AJ continuously in the 2nd half of the first Pitt game this year.
Look Gruden is a good coach and is still learning. I think he over thinks himself at times and that hurts the team. AJ needs to be throw to at least 10 times a game. No excuses! He is the best player we have and in playoff games you need to give the best player shots to make magic happen.

Check out: http://bengalsnfldraft.blogspot.com/ @WHO_DEY_DOUGH on twitter

Old 02-05-2013, 10:37 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25462
bengals Re: AJ admits being frustrated over Texans gameplan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm View Post
Everybody is blaming Gruden but is anyone sure this wasn't Marvin?

Weird things have been happening before Gruden was here, in the 2009 playoff game against the Jets the Bengals down 2 scores late 4th Q and they tried to force the run against one of the best run defenses, they helped run the clock out for the Jets, pretty sure I remember Marvin taking the blame for that bonehead decision.

Marvin is the worst coach in the NFL and its inexplicable that he still has a job but maybe the design is to still go 8-8 and Marvin is the perfect patsy to accomplish that