Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

View Poll Results: (FA CB + drafted S) or (FA S + drafted C?
FA CB + drafted S 13 56.52%
FA S + drafted CB 10 43.48%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-01-2013, 12:57 PM
OchoCincos's Avatar
OchoCincos OchoCincos is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 2,365
Rep Points: 3274
Default You Vote: FA SS or CB Mock!

Debated going FA CB or FA SS in this mock. We could go either way, as there are good candidates both in FA and the draft. Place your vote as to whether you would prefer us take a top flight SS like Landry or CB like Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. In both scenarios only one DB is drafted and one is taken in FA.

FA:

Domenik Hixon, WR NYG
- People keep saying we need a better WR to be our WR2. Hixon fits the mold perfectly. Fast, big, and reliable when called upon. That is the definition of an outside WR2.
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB PHI - Our big time signing. Gives Kirk time to develop as a backup/spot player, and keeps Newman as a backup starter as well, which was intended last year. DRC has us covered for a good few years opposite of Hall.
^LaRon Landry, SS NYJ - We could go the route of a top SS instead, depending on our money situation after hopefully re-signing our own. If we go this route, replace Elam with a CB like Xavier Rhodes, CB Florida St.

Re-sign:
MJ, Smith (possibly tag), Howard, Skuta, Peerman, Hawkins, Newman, Jones, Gilberry, Brown, Huber, Harris

Draft:
1: Matt Elam, SS Florida
- I've warmed up to him, as I think that if Burfict's on-field aggression can be harnessed, than so can Elam's aggression. Playmaker.
^Xavier Rhodes, CB Florida St - All the tools needed to be a starting CB in the NFL. Size, speed, ball skills, and coverage ability. Go with him if we get a top SS via FA.

2A: Giovani Bernard, RB UNC - Near perfect complement to BJGE. Great hands, quick, great vision. His only lacking skill is elite speed, but he is fast enough to take it to the house if needed.

2B: Da'Rick Rogers, WR Tenn Tech - Luckily, with the signing of Hixon, we can take the gamble of Rogers. He has the playmaking ability, size, speed, and strength to be a perfect fit opposite of Green. Let him compete with Hixon for starting WR2, and the other as great depth. Most drafted WRs take a couple years to fully mature as NFL players. We get both our offensive playmakers in the second round.

3: Jamie Collins, OLB Southern Miss - Size to be our new starting SAM. Has played all over the defensive side of the ball, and is a great tackler, good run defender, sacker, and cover guy.

4: Kiko Alonso, MLB Oregon - A 4-3 MLB that is a sound tackler and is good in coverage. Backs up Burfict, and may be worth inactivating on gamedays.

5: David Bass, DE Southern Missouri St
- Small school prospect that is a sack machine. Develop his other skills while using him as a situational pass rusher.

5(comp): Michael Williams, TE Alabama - Not JUST a blocking TE, as he can surprise LBs and get behind them in coverage as well. A Reggie Kelly mold for blocking but a better receiver.

6A: Kerwynn Williams, RB/KR Utah St
- A true scat back that can be used on third downs and KRs. He would replace the roles of both Tate and Leonard. Kid can fly.

6B: Manase Foketi, OT West Texas A&M
- Small school OT with good potential. Needs to develop some, but is our fourth option for OT. Could be inactivated on gamedays. No more Roland.


Cut:
Anderson
Allen/Ghee (Whoever loses out during TC)
Two out of Moch, Maybin, and Joiner (worst two get cut during TC)

Depth Chart( * = drafted rookie, # = free agent, ^ = if we go safety in FA over CB, < > = one of the following players inside):
QB: Dalton, Robinson
RB: BJGE, *Bernard, Peerman, *K. Williams
FB: Pressley
WR1: Green, Jones
WR2: #Hixon, *Rogers
Slot: Sanu, Hawkins
TE: Gresham, Charles, *M. Williams
OT: Whitworth, Smith, Collins, *Foketi
OG: Zeitler, Boling, Wharton
C: Robinson, Cook (As much as I'd like Cook gone, I think the coaches keep him, as they may feel the injury still affected him this past year. One more year for him to prove himself. Robinson should start though.)

DT: Atkins, Peko, Still, Thompson
DE: MJ, Dunlap, Gilberry, *Bass
SLB: *Collins, <Maybin/Joiner/Moch>
MLB: Burfict, *Alonso, Skuta
WLB: Howard, Lamur
S: Nelson, *Elam/^#Landry, Mays, Iloka
CB: Hall, DRC/^*Rhodes, Jones, Kirkpatrick, Newman, <Allen/Ghee>

K: Brown
P: Huber
LS: Harris

PS (Not Complete):
Dye
Prater
Sands
Brooks
Evans
Herron
Schaffer
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-01-2013, 01:03 PM
Burma's Avatar
Burma Burma is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,462
Rep Points: 5082
Default Re: You Vote: FA SS or CB Mock!

I went with FA CB and Drafted S. No need to overpay a vet when we have the chance to grab one of a very deep and very good safety crop. Also we get to spend the savings on resigning our own guys.
__________________
Quote:
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-01-2013, 01:39 PM
OchoCincos's Avatar
OchoCincos OchoCincos is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 2,365
Rep Points: 3274
Default Re: You Vote: FA SS or CB Mock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bengal View Post
I know it's fun to think about what free agents we could sign, hell I do it too, but unless the let MJ or Andre walk, there's probably not going to be any money left after resigning our own guys, extending Geno, draft money, etc. Not only that, but if they can sign a player or two, it will be second tier, very affordable guys at best. That has been Marvin's approach and it's worked out fairly well thus far.
Not exactly true. We have to spend at least to the floor, and we will have $55 million to spend this offseason. http://www.cincyjungle.com/2013/1/9/...p-room-in-2013

Andre Smith already earns practically top RT pay, so that will not remove much of what we were already spending on him.
MJ will be an increase, but I not think the Bengals will re-sign him if he wants $10+ million a year. IMO he's of the $7-8 mill per year range.

Geno deserves a lot, but we could hold off on extending him this offseason and wait until mid-season after we see what we have left in cap space this year.

Cutting players like Anderson and Allen would help free up cap space if needed. Letting Maualuga, Lawson, and Nugent go will also help toward outside FAs and extensions.

Signing someone like Hixon should only take $2 million per year max, as he does not have the resume to warrant elite WR cash.

The Bengals can sign a FA safety for much cheaper than a top FA CB, which is why the option is there. Obviously first priority is to lock up our own FAs, but we should easily have enough room left to sign one top FA and a mid-tier FA. This would still leave room to extend Geno.

I think you are assuming signing our own FAs will cost an arm and a leg. In which case, I would say that you will either see some guys sign for less than you expect or you will see them go elsewhere. No need to overpay someone just to see them return.

Last edited by OchoCincos; 02-01-2013 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Added link to cap space article
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-02-2013, 11:15 AM
BengalRugby's Avatar
BengalRugby BengalRugby is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Living in your head
Posts: 11,711
Rep Points: 23180
Default Re: You Vote: FA SS or CB Mock!

I like the Bengals getting Byrd, Quinn, or Goldson in FA and drafting a CB.


Not saying it will happen, but like that over staying old at CB...


Hope they draft a raw CB late and a talented safty early.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-02-2013, 03:58 PM
Natikid873's Avatar
Natikid873 Natikid873 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Queen City
Posts: 1,112
Rep Points: 1128
Default Re: You Vote: FA SS or CB Mock!

I'd much rather draft a safety early and draft a corner later, I want a
stud S out of the draft, but I also want us to get younger at CB.
If I had to chose between these two, draft a safety.
__________________

CINwillWIN is the man
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-03-2013, 04:23 AM
wolfkaosaun's Avatar
wolfkaosaun wolfkaosaun is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Posts: 6,747
Rep Points: 10653
Default Re: You Vote: FA SS or CB Mock!

Sign Byrd, draft McFadden, #1 defense.
__________________

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-03-2013, 04:23 AM
arsonist7 arsonist7 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: white oak
Posts: 239
Rep Points: 152
Default Re: You Vote: FA SS or CB Mock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalRugby View Post
I like the Bengals getting Byrd, Quinn, or Goldson in FA and drafting a CB.


Not saying it will happen, but like that over staying old at CB...


Hope they draft a raw CB late and a talented safty early.
that wouldn't be bad, i think byrd or goldson would really be a nice fit in cincy
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-03-2013, 04:30 AM
Bengal4ever68's Avatar
Bengal4ever68 Bengal4ever68 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,401
Rep Points: 1225
Default Re: You Vote: FA SS or CB Mock!

Could draft Xavier Rhodes in the first & then draft Dj Swearinger in the 3rd...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-03-2013, 12:51 PM
OchoCincos's Avatar
OchoCincos OchoCincos is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 2,365
Rep Points: 3274
Default Re: You Vote: FA SS or CB Mock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal4ever68 View Post
Could draft Xavier Rhodes in the first & then draft Dj Swearinger in the 3rd...
Obviously you could, but that wasn't the point of the mock. The mock was if it was between taking a FA at S or CB and draft the other position, which would you prefer? If you take both a safety and CB in the draft, you have to give up a pick on another valuable position.

Maybe you could say taking both Collins and Alonso is too much, but our depth at LB is bad. Another option could be to put Daryl Smith in for FA LB, thus allowing us to take both a CB and S, but I wanted to have a scenario where we follow typical trends and go for one vet DB.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-03-2013, 12:55 PM
dcm226's Avatar
dcm226 dcm226 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 338
Rep Points: 209
Default Re: You Vote: FA SS or CB Mock!

We should sign CB Cox and S Byrd.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-03-2013, 12:58 PM
Luvnit2's Avatar
Luvnit2 Luvnit2 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 15,639
Rep Points: 16765
Default Re: You Vote: FA SS or CB Mock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OchoCincos View Post
Debated going FA CB or FA SS in this mock. We could go either way, as there are good candidates both in FA and the draft. Place your vote as to whether you would prefer us take a top flight SS like Landry or CB like Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. In both scenarios only one DB is drafted and one is taken in FA.

FA:

Domenik Hixon, WR NYG
- People keep saying we need a better WR to be our WR2. Hixon fits the mold perfectly. Fast, big, and reliable when called upon. That is the definition of an outside WR2.
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB PHI - Our big time signing. Gives Kirk time to develop as a backup/spot player, and keeps Newman as a backup starter as well, which was intended last year. DRC has us covered for a good few years opposite of Hall.
^LaRon Landry, SS NYJ - We could go the route of a top SS instead, depending on our money situation after hopefully re-signing our own. If we go this route, replace Elam with a CB like Xavier Rhodes, CB Florida St.

Re-sign:
MJ, Smith (possibly tag), Howard, Skuta, Peerman, Hawkins, Newman, Jones, Gilberry, Brown, Huber, Harris

Draft:
1: Matt Elam, SS Florida
- I've warmed up to him, as I think that if Burfict's on-field aggression can be harnessed, than so can Elam's aggression. Playmaker.
^Xavier Rhodes, CB Florida St - All the tools needed to be a starting CB in the NFL. Size, speed, ball skills, and coverage ability. Go with him if we get a top SS via FA.

2A: Giovani Bernard, RB UNC - Near perfect complement to BJGE. Great hands, quick, great vision. His only lacking skill is elite speed, but he is fast enough to take it to the house if needed.

2B: Da'Rick Rogers, WR Tenn Tech - Luckily, with the signing of Hixon, we can take the gamble of Rogers. He has the playmaking ability, size, speed, and strength to be a perfect fit opposite of Green. Let him compete with Hixon for starting WR2, and the other as great depth. Most drafted WRs take a couple years to fully mature as NFL players. We get both our offensive playmakers in the second round.

3: Jamie Collins, OLB Southern Miss - Size to be our new starting SAM. Has played all over the defensive side of the ball, and is a great tackler, good run defender, sacker, and cover guy.

4: Kiko Alonso, MLB Oregon - A 4-3 MLB that is a sound tackler and is good in coverage. Backs up Burfict, and may be worth inactivating on gamedays.

5: David Bass, DE Southern Missouri St
- Small school prospect that is a sack machine. Develop his other skills while using him as a situational pass rusher.

5(comp): Michael Williams, TE Alabama - Not JUST a blocking TE, as he can surprise LBs and get behind them in coverage as well. A Reggie Kelly mold for blocking but a better receiver.

6A: Kerwynn Williams, RB/KR Utah St
- A true scat back that can be used on third downs and KRs. He would replace the roles of both Tate and Leonard. Kid can fly.

6B: Manase Foketi, OT West Texas A&M
- Small school OT with good potential. Needs to develop some, but is our fourth option for OT. Could be inactivated on gamedays. No more Roland.


Cut:
Anderson
Allen/Ghee (Whoever loses out during TC)
Two out of Moch, Maybin, and Joiner (worst two get cut during TC)

Depth Chart( * = drafted rookie, # = free agent, ^ = if we go safety in FA over CB, < > = one of the following players inside):
QB: Dalton, Robinson
RB: BJGE, *Bernard, Peerman, *K. Williams
FB: Pressley
WR1: Green, Jones
WR2: #Hixon, *Rogers
Slot: Sanu, Hawkins
TE: Gresham, Charles, *M. Williams
OT: Whitworth, Smith, Collins, *Foketi
OG: Zeitler, Boling, Wharton
C: Robinson, Cook (As much as I'd like Cook gone, I think the coaches keep him, as they may feel the injury still affected him this past year. One more year for him to prove himself. Robinson should start though.)

DT: Atkins, Peko, Still, Thompson
DE: MJ, Dunlap, Gilberry, *Bass
SLB: *Collins, <Maybin/Joiner/Moch>
MLB: Burfict, *Alonso, Skuta
WLB: Howard, Lamur
S: Nelson, *Elam/^#Landry, Mays, Iloka
CB: Hall, DRC/^*Rhodes, Jones, Kirkpatrick, Newman, <Allen/Ghee>

K: Brown
P: Huber
LS: Harris

PS (Not Complete):
Dye
Prater
Sands
Brooks
Evans
Herron
Schaffer
I hate Hixon idea. What has he done to prove he can be an elite number 2 receiver? We have young guys who can do what he does. In my opinion, signing him is a huge waste, If he were that good, he would be pressing Giants receivers to get more time. Nicks was hurt all year and he did little to prove he is could be elite.

As far as SS, I feel the draft is loaded with options. I could see us taking Vaccarro if he is there at 21, if not Elam at #37. They would be a lot cheaper than Landry with more upside in my opinion.
__________________
Young Team Finally Grows Up!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-03-2013, 01:32 PM
OchoCincos's Avatar
OchoCincos OchoCincos is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 2,365
Rep Points: 3274
Default Re: You Vote: FA SS or CB Mock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvnit2 View Post
I hate Hixon idea. What has he done to prove he can be an elite number 2 receiver? We have young guys who can do what he does. In my opinion, signing him is a huge waste, If he were that good, he would be pressing Giants receivers to get more time. Nicks was hurt all year and he did little to prove he is could be elite.

As far as SS, I feel the draft is loaded with options. I could see us taking Vaccarro if he is there at 21, if not Elam at #37. They would be a lot cheaper than Landry with more upside in my opinion.
You're right that the draft is loaded with safety options. It's also pretty loaded with quality CBs. However, a drafted safety will not be much cheaper than a top end FA safety, compared to the difference of a top end FA CB and a drafted CB. For the record though, I voted FA CB and drafted S.

Are you denying that Hixon has looked good in place of injuries to starting Giants WRs? Maybe he won't be an elite WR2, but that's why Da'Rick Rogers was also drafted. Hixon, at worst, is an upgrade over Whalen. At best, he takes over the WR2 position for at least a year, giving Jones and Rogers a chance to grow. He also should not command more than $2 million per year, which IMO is not much at all for someone that has the potential to be a starting WR2. Hixon is further ahead in terms of being a starting NFL WR than Jones. Sanu, in this scenario, would be our starting slot receiver. A Green-Sanu-Hixon/Rogers WR lineup is not too shabby.

Last edited by OchoCincos; 02-03-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-03-2013, 01:34 PM
Luvnit2's Avatar
Luvnit2 Luvnit2 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 15,639
Rep Points: 16765
Default Re: You Vote: FA SS or CB Mock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OchoCincos View Post
You're right that the draft is loaded with safety options. It's also pretty loaded with quality CBs.

Are you denying that Hixon has looked good in place of injuries to starting Giants WRs? Maybe he won't be an elite WR2, but that's why Da'Rick Rogers was also drafted. Hixon, at worst, is an upgrade over Whalen. At best, he takes over the WR2 position for at least a year, giving Jones and Rogers a chance to grow. He also should not command more than $2 million per year, which IMO is not much at all for someone that has the potential to be a starting WR2. Hixon is further ahead in terms of being a starting NFL WR than Jones. Sanu, in this scenario, would be our starting slot receiver. A Green-Sanu-Hixon/Rogers WR lineup is not too shabby.
Hixon is not even an elite number 3 receiver in my opinion.
__________________
Young Team Finally Grows Up!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-03-2013, 01:43 PM
OchoCincos's Avatar
OchoCincos OchoCincos is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 2,365
Rep Points: 3274
Default Re: You Vote: FA SS or CB Mock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvnit2 View Post
Hixon is not even an elite number 3 receiver in my opinion.
Ok. That's your opinion. Mine differs. But looking at the list of FA WRs, any "elite" WR will not come here for cheaper than $6-7 mill per year. Are you saying don't waste $ on Hixon and just go with Rogers and keep Whalen as our sixth WR? Or are you saying to go out and sign someone like Dwayne Bowe or Mike Wallace? The finances would be pretty tight after hopefully re-signing all the ones I've mentioned, extending at least Atkins, and signing a top end DB.

If funds did allow for either a top end FA CB or (top S and top WR), would you prefer to sign the S and WR, then draft a CB?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-03-2013, 02:27 PM
hacker hacker is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,264
Rep Points: 1367
Default Re: You Vote: FA SS or CB Mock!

I think Ghee and Dre and Prater have value. No need to draft a CB unless he is best player available late in the draft. We do need however to address the Safety position early and settle that issue once and for all. Draft a Safety in the first 2 rds this year.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-04-2013, 07:34 AM
Lawless_1's Avatar
Lawless_1 Lawless_1 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spartanburg, South Carolina
Posts: 8,071
Rep Points: 10585
Default Re: You Vote: FA SS or CB Mock!

Jordan Poyer >> Xavier Rhodes

After the combine a lot of folks will agree.
__________________
"I don't care if it's rock, paper, scissors or a race to the car I do what I can to win" - Tyler Eifert

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1

Last edited by Lawless_1; 02-04-2013 at 07:38 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-04-2013, 07:41 AM
Luvnit2's Avatar
Luvnit2 Luvnit2 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 15,639
Rep Points: 16765
Default Re: You Vote: FA SS or CB Mock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvnit2 View Post
Hixon is not even an elite number 3 receiver in my opinion.
I want a Hartline or Amendola at the 6 to 7 million a year. I think signing a guy like Hixon is a waste of 3 million a year. He is not a great special team threat and has not done anything in my opinion to make me think he I better than Sanu or Jones. If option of nothing or Hixon, I vote spend the money elsewhere. Of course, I don't really get a vote though.
__________________
Young Team Finally Grows Up!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-04-2013, 08:12 AM
OchoCincos's Avatar
OchoCincos OchoCincos is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 2,365
Rep Points: 3274
Default Re: You Vote: FA SS or CB Mock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvnit2 View Post
I want a Hartline or Amendola at the 6 to 7 million a year. I think signing a guy like Hixon is a waste of 3 million a year. He is not a great special team threat and has not done anything in my opinion to make me think he I better than Sanu or Jones. If option of nothing or Hixon, I vote spend the money elsewhere. Of course, I don't really get a vote though.
It would be great if we could get someone like Hartline here to play opposite of Green rather than try and rely on someone like Hixon, who is much less proven. I would want him over Amendola, but I like Amendola too. However, I think that Hartline has formed a good rapport with Tannehill and the Dolphins will pay him at least $7 mill a year to stay. I view Amendola as similar to Sanu, so getting Amendola would not really be worth it. Amendola only runs a 4.58 40 and is only 5'11", and has been most productive from the slot. Sanu is most productive from the slot, and it would be nice to keep Sanu primarily in the slot, and a bigger, faster WR on the outside opposite of AJ.

I agree that $3 million a year for Hixon would be too much. If he would come for lower than that and allow the best of Hixon, Jones, and Rogers compete for the WR2, that would not be bad. I still think Hixon would be better than wasting a roster spot on Whalen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawless_1
Jordan Poyer >> Xavier Rhodes
I too really like Poyer, and I could see him jumping up. But for the simplicity sake of only modifying the SS pick to a CB, I went with Rhodes, as Rhodes is projected right around 21 and Poyer is projected early second ATM. No problems if the Bengals went with Poyer with our first pick.

Last edited by OchoCincos; 02-04-2013 at 08:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-04-2013, 08:31 AM
OchoCincos's Avatar
OchoCincos OchoCincos is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 2,365
Rep Points: 3274
Default Re: You Vote: FA SS or CB Mock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker View Post
I think Ghee and Dre and Prater have value. No need to draft a CB unless he is best player available late in the draft. We do need however to address the Safety position early and settle that issue once and for all. Draft a Safety in the first 2 rds this year.
It didn't help that two of them went on IR before the season and Dre hardly got to play at all because of injury as well. I think Prater is a PS player with only value at ST, and this is Ghee's last year to stick on the roster. We also do not fully know why Allen was not on the field once he came back from injury, and he may stick around too.

I think we could even get away this year with not getting another CB and rolling with Hall, Kirkpatrick, Jones, Newman, Allen, and Ghee. Then we can take a CB within the top 3 rounds next year, provided neither Ghee nor Kirkpatrick have improved much. We have a bigger need at S than we do at CB for this upcoming year.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.