Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:50 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3453
Default Re: Who are your top 3 to 5 guys at 21?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewy View Post
All you people with Patterson in your lists. You're wasting one of your top 5. We aren't taking a WR in the fist three rounds. mark it.
It is their wish list so let them wish. I could see the value of taking a WR 1st.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:03 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
It is their wish list so let them wish. I could see the value of taking a WR 1st.
i can't see the value in that
Old 02-01-2013, 09:10 PM
VIP Silver Member

I have been on record with wanting Jones in the 1st round. so this shouldn't shock anyone.

1. B. Jones - can play all the positions and shines. Transitioned to Center and that is a spot that we need. Downside is that the Bengals aren't known to take Centers in the 1st round. Of course there is a chance he falls to the 2nd round and if so take him.

2. C. Warmack - Is a better Guard than Jones, but not as versatile. I would love to have him and Zeitler manning the inside for the next few years and hopefully retain them for the next 10. Now the fantasy land draft for me is to take Warmack with the 1st pick and have Jones fall to us with the 1st 2nd round pick. Whitworth, Warmack, Jones, Zeitler, Smith, now that would be a very nice OLine. Again the Bengals aren't known for taking OG early and even if they do take Warmack then the odds of them taking Jones in the 2nd if available is just my wishful thinking.

3. K. Minter - a good all around LBer, also was very consistent which I like. I don't like great play one minute and then 5 bad plays then next. Is very forceful and instinctive. We need help at MIKE and he would be the help that we need.

4. Manti Te'o - I didn't like what I saw in the BCS game. Not happy with the whole fake girlfriend circus that he would bring. However he is a good coverage type LBer.

5. I like the following DEs and would be at all upset if we took them at 21:
Bjeorn Werner (odds are he won't be there)
Alex Okafor
Ezekiel Ansah
Old 02-01-2013, 09:16 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymad View Post
i can't see the value in that
Then look closer. Having a talented WR on the field with Green would help with our offensive struggles. I liked what I saw from Sanu before his injury and Jones might progress. However even then having a guy like Patterson or Allen would be a nice boost to this offense. I wouldn't take a WR early but there is merit in considering it. Again this is a wish list of guys that we would want. To each their own.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:17 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 156
bengals Re: Who are your top 3 to 5 guys at 21?

Top 5

Vaccaro - S
Jarvis Jones OLB - if he somehow falls to us but very unlikely
Ogletree - OLB
Patterson WR
Ansah - DE

Last edited by eric.mcgee; 02-01-2013 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Add WR Patterson and delete CB Trufant
Old 02-01-2013, 10:22 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 264

My Priorities:

1. Running Back - The poor 3rd down conversion rate is largely due to long 3rd downs. Long 3rd downs are largely due to having no running game.

2. Safety - We signed Cris Crocker to save us. Enough said.

3. Offensive Line - Center is a mess, Cook is severely overrated. Hopefully Wharton will come back healthy and be a boost but C should be addressed via the draft.

4. Middle Linebacker - I'd rather drink a razor blade and lemon juice cocktail than watch Rey Maualuga try to cover or tackle someone. He won't be back, Burfict should be in the middle. Maybe Moch or Maybin can step up? Maybe we'll keep Lawson and Howard on the outsides? Drafting Te'o and keeping Burfict where he's at would also be sweet.

TWO WORDS... SHARK WEEK.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:07 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Then look closer. Having a talented WR on the field with Green would help with our offensive struggles. I liked what I saw from Sanu before his injury and Jones might progress. However even then having a guy like Patterson or Allen would be a nice boost to this offense. I wouldn't take a WR early but there is merit in considering it. Again this is a wish list of guys that we would want. To each their own.
i get that but its of my opinion, a high round pick of a reciever is a pick wasted on a spot where we desperately need something else. S, LB, DE, C, RB are all bigtime needs, reciever is not a need especially after taking 3 recievers in the past 2 drafts
Old 02-02-2013, 04:49 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1649

Ansah
Ogletree
Vaccaro
Rhodes
Okafor
Old 02-02-2013, 08:34 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 11611

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post
Please stick with guys who have a realistic chance to be there.

For me

Vaccaro
Patterson
Allen
Te'o
Ogletree
Vaccarro
Ogletree
Ansah
Jordon
Patterson
Round 3 - AJ McCarron - 6'3" 220

"And for the record, no, I don't think we make the playoffs. This is still a very poorly run team. ( just look at the HC still being here) 6-10. Mark it down"
Toast Jones
Old 02-02-2013, 12:11 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
i get that but its of my opinion, a high round pick of a reciever is a pick wasted on a spot where we desperately need something else. S, LB, DE, C, RB are all bigtime needs, reciever is not a need especially after taking 3 recievers in the past 2 drafts
Only if he comes in and doesn't produce. If there was a guy that was Green 2.0 and you have a chance to take him then you do. Since this draft doesn't have a Green 2.0 I would wait. Any pick that improves your team is not a wasted pick. I get what you are saying but there is still merit to taking a WR early even if it doesn't address the other needs.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:28 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 280

1. Cordarrelle Patterson. Hands down #1 for me if he's there.
  2. Bernard or Lacy. Love to see Cincy get 2 backs in this draft. I'd be ok w/ 1 of 2 best in 1st.
  3. Kenny Vaccaro. He'd be hire if his stock wasn't soaring. Might be unrealistic at 21 now.
  4. Alec Ogletree. Bash bros - Ogletree and Burfict - Bring it! Georgia's been a nice pipeline.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:10 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Only if he comes in and doesn't produce. If there was a guy that was Green 2.0 and you have a chance to take him then you do. Since this draft doesn't have a Green 2.0 I would wait. Any pick that improves your team is not a wasted pick. I get what you are saying but there is still merit to taking a WR early even if it doesn't address the other needs.
i respectfully disagree, and i also say mark it down no wr will be taken by the bengals in the first 4 rounds
Old 02-02-2013, 02:13 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1689

Vaccaro, Elam, Bernard
Old 02-02-2013, 02:27 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20718

1.Kenny Vaccarro,S,Texas-Would be a great value at a position of need.

2.Barrett Jones,C,Alabama-The only reason this guy would be a reach is due to his foot.

3.Ezekiel Ansah,DE,BYU-Huge upside, and we have the depth to groom him if we retain MJ.

4.Kevin Minter,MLB,LSU-Has the brains to step in and run the D from day 1.

5.Eddie Lacy,RB,Alabama-Not a true burner, but more of a big play threat than BJGE.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:19 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
i respectfully disagree, and i also say mark it down no wr will be taken by the bengals in the first 4 rounds
I am not saying that we will take a WR in the first 4 rounds either. May not take a WR at all. Just saying that if a guy like Patterson or Allen can come in and help the team then it wouldn't be a wasted pick. I also said that if a WR was a Green 2.0, you would have to take him no matter what needs you have. I don't know if you noticed but that Green kid is pretty good.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:57 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I am not saying that we will take a WR in the first 4 rounds either. May not take a WR at all. Just saying that if a guy like Patterson or Allen can come in and help the team then it wouldn't be a wasted pick. I also said that if a WR was a Green 2.0, you would have to take him no matter what needs you have. I don't know if you noticed but that Green kid is pretty good.
i wasnt trying to put words in your mouth or anything, i was just saying my opinion with the reciever. i just think(barring injury) sanu will have better numbers than allen or patterson or hunter. jones probably wont have better numbers only cuz he'll be the 4th or 5th options behind green sanu gresham and on some plays hawkins
Old 02-02-2013, 10:58 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2342

The offense needs some help, but at 21 I think the value is on D. I also am not adjusting for who we might lose in FA.

C. Patterson - This guy jumps of the tape, averaged 154 all purpose yards a game most in the SEC. Does let the ball get into his body sometimes and only has 12 games of FBS.

Dion Jordan - The guy has cooled a bit around here but I still think he would be the perfect fit for our SLB duties, and could be used in a variety of ways. Has a shoulder injury.

K. Vaccaro - Steady, lead the team in tackles, Qb of the secondary, Only had two pick this year.

A. Ogeltree - True sideline to sideline player, has only played LB for two years but lead the team in tackles despite missing 4 games.

Xavier Rhodes - IMO would back an amazing FS, but he seems to be a great press cover CB and is solid against the screens and runs. I really hope Kirk works out but if not we might be in trouble at CB. Rhodes will have to keep his hands of the WR's down the field.
3rd. OT JaWaun James
4th. DT Caruan Reid
5th QB Aaron Murry
6th DE Brent Urban
7th WR/KR John Brown

Last edited by D's Nuts and Bolts; 02-03-2013 at 07:39 AM.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:50 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 633

Kenny Vacarro
Terrence Wiliams
Alec Ogletree
Kevin Minter
Cordarelle Patterson