Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 02-02-2013, 04:39 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3777
Default DWright's Moch Me #3 (Pre-Combine)

Resign their own Free Agents.

Look for alot of free agent linebackers in the off-season because they need completely revamped. Also the typical Zimmer veteran defensive back signings. No big names we will see the Mike Brown diamond in the rough strategy quantity to find quality.
signings.

Trade Kyle Cook to Detroit for their 2nd round pick.

1. Cordarrelle Patterson, WR Tennessee
http://draftbreakdown.com/players/cordarrelle-patterson

2a. Giovanni Bernard, RB North Carolina
http://draftbreakdown.com/players/giovani-bernard

2b. Khaseem Greene, OLB Rutgers
http://draftbreakdown.com/players/khaseem-greene

2c. Logan Ryan, CB Rutgers
http://draftbreakdown.com/players/logan-ryan

3. Shawn Williams, S Georgia
http://draftbreakdown.com/players/shawn-williams

4. Keith Pough, OLB Howard
http://draftbreakdown.com/players/keith-pough

5. Conner Vernon, WR Duke
http://draftbreakdown.com/players/conner-vernon

6a. Graham Pocic, C Illinois

6b. Jack Doyle, TE Western Kentucky
http://draftbreakdown.com/players/jack-doyle

Last edited by Synric; 02-02-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:58 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 496
Default Re: DWright's Moch Me #3 (Pre-Combine)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWright View Post
Resign their own Free Agents.

Look for alot of free agent linebackers in the off-season because they need completely revamped. Also the typical Zimmer veteran defensive back signings. No big names we will see the Mike Brown diamond in the rough strategy quantity to find quality.
signings.

Trade Kyle Cook to Detroit for their 2nd round pick.

1. Cordarrelle Patterson, WR Tennessee
2a. Giovanni Bernard, RB North Carolina
2b. Khaseem Greene, OLB Rutgers
2c. Logan Ryan, CB Rutgers
3. Shawn Williams, S Georgia
4. Keith Pough, OLB Howard
5. Conner Vernon, WR Duke
6a. Graham Pocic, C Illinois
6b. Jack Doyle, TE Western Kentucky
I like your mock but I'm not certain why you would think Cook is worth a 2nd. If you could get a 3rd for him you jump for joy.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:37 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBlesmiley View Post
I like your mock but I'm not certain why you would think Cook is worth a 2nd. If you could get a 3rd for him you jump for joy.
I know its hard to believe but Paul Alexander coached Offensive Linemen are well paid and highly regarded.

Detroit is in dire need of an experienced starting center. Kyle Cook was born in Michigan and went to Michigan State so I don't think its that far fetched.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:54 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632

Quote:

I'd take a 4th for him today and run with it.....
Old 02-02-2013, 08:08 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1554

Cook for a 2nd is laughable. We might be able to get a 6th for him.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:40 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 15159

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
I'd take a 4th for him today and run with it.....
And it would be a huge mistake. Check out how well Robinson played against very good defenses. He was bad. So your answer is to give Cook away, start Robinson and the draft an unproven rookie to back up a 2nd year undrafted center.

When will the stupidity stop?

"And for the record, no, I don't think we make the playoffs. This is still a very poorly run team. ( just look at the HC still being here) 6-10. Mark it down"
Toast Jones

Last edited by Luvnit2; 02-02-2013 at 11:34 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:14 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvnit2 View Post
And it would be a huge mistake. Check out how well Robinson played against very good defenses. He was bad. So your answer is to give Cook away, start Robinson and the draft an unproven rookie to back up a 2ns year undrafted center.

I'd draft Frederick in the 2nd and start him, he's better than any C we have that's far from stupid.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:39 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyLeisure View Post
Cook for a 2nd is laughable. We might be able to get a 6th for him.
You don't realize how bad Detroit needs a center and Cook is young home state guy with alot of experience. I know he didnt have the greatest couple games in 2012, but he was very good in 2010 and 2011.

Quote:
And it would be a huge mistake. Check out how well Robinson played against very good defenses. He was bad. So your answer is to give Cook away, start Robinson and the draft an unproven rookie to back up a 2ns year undrafted center.

Robinson held his own against Kansas City, San Diego, and Dallas all 3 of those teams have a very underrated defenses. Robinson starts at Center, Wharton starts at LG, and Boiling backs up both positions. Pocic is the practice squad Center/Guard.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:36 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
You don't realize how bad Detroit needs a center and Cook is young home state guy with alot of experience. I know he didnt have the greatest couple games in 2012, but he was very good in 2010 and 2011.

Robinson held his own against Kansas City, San Diego, and Dallas all 3 of those teams have a very underrated defenses. Robinson starts at Center, Wharton starts at LG, and Boiling backs up both positions. Pocic is the practice squad Center/Guard.
I don't think a DL that is starting a practice squad player (Dallas), Chargers or Chiefs or anything close to elite front sevens. How did Robinson do against the Steelers at Hines?

I will answer, he was the worst OL on the field.

"And for the record, no, I don't think we make the playoffs. This is still a very poorly run team. ( just look at the HC still being here) 6-10. Mark it down"
Toast Jones
Old 02-03-2013, 01:22 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvnit2 View Post
I don't think a DL that is starting a practice squad player (Dallas), Chargers or Chiefs or anything close to elite front sevens. How did Robinson do against the Steelers at Hines?

I will answer, he was the worst OL on the field.
That was his first start,so give him a break.How well did Cook do against Houston.Oh yeah that's right he ******.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:47 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1554

Quote:

I don't doubt that Detroit needs a center, but it would make no sense for them to give up a 2nd round pick for a mediocre at best center. They could do a lot better with a 2nd round pick.

Being from Michigan means nothing. Cleveland may be willing to give up the house for any OSU player, but no other NFL team cares.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:40 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

i agree with you robinson did fine, jeff faine was the ****ty center for half of the season and cook was rushed back in to fast
Old 02-03-2013, 02:46 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
i hate this mock, not because the players are bad, but because we have some serious needs at lb and safety, them are the two biggest area's of concern period, we just drafted sanu and jones both of whom played well, players like green only come so often so wasting a 1st or even 2nd round pick on a wr is stupid, it will probably take at least a year for them to get acclimated to the nfl, we also have hawkins who was underutilized baddly in the second half of the season, gresham needs to just relax, and orson charles needs to be more involved, we need to grab a good rb to help as well, i'm sick of seeing people mock us a wr high in the draft or mock us a de or dt high in the draft, unless it is a mid to late round steal we need to focus on other areas...lb, safety, rb, oline, and depth, sign a damn FA wr who can help immediately as well as help teach the young wr's we already have.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:26 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyLeisure View Post
I don't doubt that Detroit needs a center, but it would make no sense for them to give up a 2nd round pick for a mediocre at best center. They could do a lot better with a 2nd round pick.

Being from Michigan means nothing. Cleveland may be willing to give up the house for any OSU player, but no other NFL team cares.
See that's were we differ. Yes, I know in 2012 he didnt look good coming back from injury, but in 2009, 2010, and 2011 Kyle Cook was one of the top ranked Centers in the league. Fans have short memories.

2009 Cook gave up 3 sacks, but the Bengals were a top 5 rushing team.

2010 and 2011 Cook gave up 1 sack, the run game fell off from 2009 but according to PFF Cook was the only linemen to post a positive grade in both pass protection and run blocking. He gave up 1 sack in over 1200 snaps.

Last edited by Synric; 02-03-2013 at 08:35 AM.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:33 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsonist7 View Post
i hate this mock, not because the players are bad, but because we have some serious needs at lb and safety, them are the two biggest area's of concern period, we just drafted sanu and jones both of whom played well, players like green only come so often so wasting a 1st or even 2nd round pick on a wr is stupid, it will probably take at least a year for them to get acclimated to the nfl, we also have hawkins who was underutilized baddly in the second half of the season, gresham needs to just relax, and orson charles needs to be more involved, we need to grab a good rb to help as well, i'm sick of seeing people mock us a wr high in the draft or mock us a de or dt high in the draft, unless it is a mid to late round steal we need to focus on other areas...lb, safety, rb, oline, and depth, sign a damn FA wr who can help immediately as well as help teach the young wr's we already have.
Mike Brown will sign a few veteran defensive backs and linebackers. None of them will be huge names but Zimmer will find solid guys. Nelson, Pacman, Howard, Clements, and Newman are all these kinds of guy. Then we get a few like Lawson and Jennings.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:33 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19135

Quote:
See that's were we differ. Yes, I know in 2012 he didnt look good coming back from injury, but in 2009, 2010, and 2011 Kyle Cook was one of the top ranked Centers in the league. Fans have short memories.

2010 and 2011 Cook gave up 1 sack, the run game fell off from 2009 but according to PFF Cook was the only linemen to post a positive grade in both pass protection and run blocking. He gave up 1 sack in over 1200 snaps.
I have no memory of Cook ever being one of the top C's in the league in any year. Adequate, maybe. Solid at best. I believe if we had a C who was actually good, the difference would be striking.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:11 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:

Great post. Cook gets hurt and tries to fight back from injury and fans throw him under the bus. A Kyle Cook at 70% was as good as Robinson at 100%. I am not saying Robinson can't progress, but Cook is a good center when he is healthy.

Fans do have very short memories.

Toast Jones