Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:53 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7048
Default Dear Mike Brown

When is it our turn to celebrate our favorite team winning the Super Bowl?

Please, PLEASE, PLEASE make it happen. Do it for all of those fans who have stuck with this team through all those bad years.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:55 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1128
Default Re: Dear Mike Brown

Hang in there, with this win for them, also comes an end of an era:

Ray Lewis guaranteed retirement

Ed Reed more likely retires

Joe Flacco destroys their salary cap

However for us, there's no way but up.

CINwillWIN is the man
Old 02-03-2013, 11:01 PM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 8
bengals Re: Dear Mike Brown

Amen. Lets do it 2014 the Super Bowl likes the AFC North.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:06 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 8571

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natikid873 View Post

Lol...people have been predicting the Steelers and Ravens decline for years. How about we focus on improving our roster and beating teams instead of relying on the competition getting worse!
Old 02-03-2013, 11:26 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 18787

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
Lol...people have been predicting the Steelers and Ravens decline for years. How about we focus on improving our roster and beating teams instead of relying on the competition getting worse!
I support this message.

However, PISTONS, we can still relish the idea that maybe the Ratbirds and Stoolers won't even make a wild card spot.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:46 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6283

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natikid873 View Post

Baltimore has the best front office in the NFL. They will reload and put a good team on the field, same with the Steelers.

I wish I could say the same about our front office.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:35 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2913

Oh I sent a letter to MB now were gonna win the superbowl. The players dont have to stop chooking and play good or anything, NOPE Mike Brown is the only guy its on.

You better send subsequent letters to Dalton, and that offense too because that D was good enough to win it

How about a letter to Gruden for PURPOSELY gameplanning the ball away from him pro bowl WR and diverting the offense to probably the most inconsistent TE in the league.....

Old 02-04-2013, 12:48 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7447

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh View Post
Oh I sent a letter to MB now were gonna win the superbowl. The players dont have to stop chooking and play good or anything, NOPE Mike Brown is the only guy its on.

You better send subsequent letters to Dalton, and that offense too because that D was good enough to win it

How about a letter to Gruden for PURPOSELY gameplanning the ball away from him pro bowl WR and diverting the offense to probably the most inconsistent TE in the league.....
Lol so true...
Old 02-04-2013, 12:48 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6495

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstripes View Post
Baltimore has the best front office in the NFL. They will reload and put a good team on the field, same with the Steelers.

Meanwhile, Mike Brown is our GM.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:37 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6568

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
I support this message.

However, PISTONS, we can still relish the idea that maybe the Ratbirds and Stoolers won't even make a wild card spot.
Yea, we keep wishing for that and it just isn't panning out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
Meanwhile, Mike Brown is our GM.
Yep...you have to wonder how he's managed to be a Bengals-loyal GM for 2 decades without even interviewing for another GM opening...astounding!
Old 02-04-2013, 02:17 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24143

What bothers me is that they talk about parity in the NFL, yet 8 teams have a total of 32 Superbowl wins. So 25% of the league has accounted for 68% of all SB wins. Yet 14 teams have yet to win a single Superbowl. 4 teams haven't even been to one.

During those 8 seasons, we've had several starting RBs, different starters on the o-line, different TEs and FBs and 2 different RB coaches. Only our o-line coach remained the same.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:38 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2377

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar View Post

Please, PLEASE, PLEASE make it happen. Do it for all of those fans who have stuck with this team through all those bad years.
Let's start with one playoff win. 23 years and counting.

IMO Brown and the FO are putting good players out there. It's on the coaches and players now. I think Brown did enough to beat the Texans.
3rd. OT JaWaun James
4th. DT Caruan Reid
5th QB Aaron Murry
6th DE Brent Urban
7th WR/KR John Brown
Old 02-04-2013, 01:08 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstripes View Post

And quite frankly, being in a division with 2 great front offices is one of the main factors of our 23 years without winning a playoff game.

In a weaker division...maybe we make the playoffs more.

To the Bengals detriment, they didn't do more to counter this.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:09 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 27552

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
Well because we as fans dont controll ****.. So we can focus on whatever we please.

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 02-04-2013, 01:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoMorph View Post
Well because we as fans dont controll ****.. So we can focus on whatever we please.
Thanks for focusing on providing that keen insight!
Old 02-04-2013, 01:36 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6431

Quote:

First..I'm all for Bengals in the Super Bowl.

But......of 32 teams, only 2 went to the Super Bowl, only one won........The Super Bowl records are a joke, inaccurate, not even close....because they don't include all the NFL Championship games before 1966...I will in this and definatly say those were Super Bowls before the Superman name was attached. ( it would be like renaming the World Series the Super Series and taking our 1975 and 1976 Reds out of the record books ).

So most teams have been to at least one Super Bowl, except for Houston Texans and Jacksonville Jaguars.

Cleveland Browns, Pittsburg Steelers and Baltimore Ravens have been NFL Champs, not Cincinnati Bengals. ....Others never to be NFL Champs are Buffalo Bills, San Diego Chargers, Tennesse Titans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Houston Texans, Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals, Seattle Seahawks, Carolina Panthers, Atlanta Falcons.

I do not include the AFL Championships because the AFL was second rate compared to the NFL . Yes, at the end the Jets and Chiefs won, but for most of the AFL history, the league was second rate.

I point out these other 10 teams that have never won a Super Bowl to show that it just isn't Mike Brown. It's amazing the Vikings have never won, but they haven't.

I would love our Bengals to get back to the Super Bowl......When teams like the Patriots fall short this year, it shows you how hard it is to get there....We do have a good young team. If we keep the D front line together of MJ, Peko, Geno and Dunlap....and get a WR close to AJ Greens ability and take the double team off of him, we could be awesome.....and yet you still have to kind of get lucky to go all the way.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:47 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12108

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
First..I'm all for Bengals in the Super Bowl.

But......of 32 teams, only 2 went to the Super Bowl, only one won........The Super Bowl records are a joke, inaccurate, not even close....because they don't include all the NFL Championship games before 1966...I will in this and definatly say those were Super Bowls before the Superman name was attached. ( it would be like renaming the World Series the Super Series and taking our 1975 and 1976 Reds out of the record books ).

So most teams have been to at least one Super Bowl, except for Houston Texans and Jacksonville Jaguars.

Cleveland Browns, Pittsburg Steelers and Baltimore Ravens have been NFL Champs, not Cincinnati Bengals. ....Others never to be NFL Champs are Buffalo Bills, San Diego Chargers, Tennesse Titans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Houston Texans, Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals, Seattle Seahawks, Carolina Panthers, Atlanta Falcons.

I do not include the AFL Championships because the AFL was second rate compared to the NFL . Yes, at the end the Jets and Chiefs won, but for most of the AFL history, the league was second rate.

I point out these other 10 teams that have never won a Super Bowl to show that it just isn't Mike Brown. It's amazing the Vikings have never won, but they haven't.

I would love our Bengals to get back to the Super Bowl......When teams like the Patriots fall short this year, it shows you how hard it is to get there....We do have a good young team. If we keep the D front line together of MJ, Peko, Geno and Dunlap....and get a WR close to AJ Greens ability and take the double team off of him, we could be awesome.....and yet you still have to kind of get lucky to go all the way.
Not true, the Cards have won two titles while in Chicago:

"The franchise has two NFL championships, both while it was based in Chicago. The first occurred in 1925, but is the subject of controversy, with supporters of the Pottsville Maroons believing that Pottsville should have gotten the title. Their second title, and the first to be received through a championship game, came in 1947, two decades before the first Super Bowl game was played."
Old 02-04-2013, 02:12 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyche'sWarrior View Post
Not true, the Cards have won two titles while in Chicago:

"The franchise has two NFL championships, both while it was based in Chicago. The first occurred in 1925, but is the subject of controversy, with supporters of the Pottsville Maroons believing that Pottsville should have gotten the title. Their second title, and the first to be received through a championship game, came in 1947, two decades before the first Super Bowl game was played."
The Chicago Cardinals are not the Arizona Cardinals......The Sacramento Kings are not the Cincinnati Royals......The Baltimore Colts are not the Indianapolis Colts......What in the heck could it possibly mean to Arizona fans that this team won light years ago in Chicago.....and can Cleveland fans bask in the Baltimore win because the team moved from Cleveland ??? Indy fans can NOT claim Johnny Unitas, he was of Baltimore history, and not the Ravens either.

The lineman that went into the Hall Of Fame said it best. " I played for the St Louis Cardinals. Not the Arizona Cardinals or the St Louis Rams. I only go in as a St Louis Cardinal and salute those fans only".

The Arizona Cardinals have never won a Super Bowl. ...Lets close the book on the Chicago Cardinals that no longer exist.

The Bengals are 1 of 11 teams that have never won the Super Bowl.....So it isn't just Mike Brown.

Now if somebody fields a Chicago Cardinals in 2013, I will be glad to include them in the conversation.

Last edited by kevin; 02-04-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:21 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 22818

Quote:

The Bengals are 1 of 11 teams that have never won the Super Bowl.....So it isn't just Mike Brown.
True.

(Case and Point)
The Ford family here in Detroit...many actual Lions fans have given up decades ago. The ones who fill the stadium seats are just new waves of disappointed generations to come. NFC North have excellent front offices as well...(I guess) be thankful the Bengals aren't in the NFC...?
Fluff so hard all the dudes wanna find me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal John View Post
My favorite is balls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalzona View Post
Ask him if you could tag team.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:21 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
The Chicago Cardinals are not the Arizona Cardinals......The Sacramento Kings are not the Cincinnati Royals......The Baltimore Colts are not the Indianapolis Colts......What in the heck could it possibly mean to Arizona fans that this team won light years ago in Chicago.....and can Cleveland fans bask in the Baltimore win because the team moved from Cleveland ??? Indy fans can NOT claim Johnny Unitas, he was of Baltimore history, and not the Ravens either.

The lineman that went into the Hall Of Fame said it best. " I played for the St Louis Cardinals. Not the Arizona Cardinals or the St Louis Rams. I only go in as a St Louis Cardinal and salute those fans only".

The Arizona Cardinals have never won a Super Bowl. ...Lets close the book on the Chicago Cardinals that no longer exist.

Now if somebody fields a Chicago Cardinals in 2013, I will be glad to include them in the conversation.
You can whine all you want, but THAT IS the same Franchise......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arizona_Cardinals

....by your rationale, how can you say the Cleveland Browns have won an NFL Championship when that franchise didn't exist then? That was the Baltimore Ravens franchise!

....oh, and who gives a s*** about the fans? We're talking actual OFFICIAL NFL RECORDBOOKS here.....and they credit the franchise in Arizona as having won an NFL Championshiop game, and a controversial split. You want another source?

Last edited by Wyche'sWarrior; 02-04-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:29 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyche'sWarrior View Post
You can whine all you want, but THAT IS the same Franchise......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arizona_Cardinals
It's not whinning pal....You are comparing apples to oranges.....The Chicgo Cardinals, The St Louis Cardinals, The Arizona Cardinals are 3 different cities......The fans of Arizona can't say their team won it all, how in the heck can they, Arizona has never won an NFL title.....It would take a pretty lame Arizona fan to try to lay claim on a title won decades ago in Chicago.

If the Reds moved to another state, those fans of that state can't say it was done there and not in Cincinnati.

The Arizona Cardinals have never won the NFL Championship.....and The Chicago Cardinals is a whole different city and era.

I would say you have to consider the Brooklyn Dodgers and LA Dodgers as two different teams, what was done in Brooklyn and what was done in LA....and I'm sure Brooklyn fans would agree that what happened in Brooklyn happened in Brooklyn, not LA.

but again....be it 11 or just 10 teams if you insist on counting the Chicago Cardinals as Arizona.....It shows it just isn't Mike Brown.....and winning it all is hard......about a third of the teams have never won it all.

I'm all for us winning it all some day.

Last edited by kevin; 02-04-2013 at 02:35 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:30 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 5548

Quote:

Who retains Paul Brown's legacy? All of his AAFL and NFL chamionships in the 50's? Certainly not the Baltimore franchise, which moved from that city up north. Certainly not the expansion franchise in that same town?

The Sacramento Kings have every single record from its inception in Cincinnati. And I'm sure the franchise in Glendale has every single Cardinal stat from its start in Chicago in 1920-something. Just like the Rams have every record from its beginnings in that city up north back in the 30's.

ALL IN FOR ANDY
Old 02-04-2013, 02:30 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 814

Quote:

No Mike Brown Please Please PLEASE stay away from your meddling ways and let people who know and care keep making the decisions!!
Old 02-04-2013, 02:39 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
It's not whinning pal....You are comparing apples to oranges.....The Chicgo Cardinals, The St Louis Cardinals, The Arizona Cardinals are 3 different cities......The fans of Arizona can't say their team won it all, how in the heck can they, Arizona has never won an NFL title.....It would take a pretty lame Arizona fan to try to lay claim on a title won decades ago in Chicago.

If the Reds moved to another state, those fans of that state can't say it was done there and not in Cincinnati.

The Arizona Cardinals have never won the NFL Championship.....and The Chicago Cardinals is a whole different city and era.

I would say you have to consider the Brooklyn Dodgers and LA Dodgers as two different teams, what was done in Brooklyn and what was done in LA....and I'm sure Brooklyn fans would agree that what happened in Brooklyn happened in Brooklyn, not LA.
Ah, no, actually you don't. The city does not matter, the FRANCHISE does. Do the teams start over without coaches, players, etc. when they move? No, they don't. Who cares what the fans think? Official records are official records.

Yeah, the FANS in Arizona, have never tasted a championship, but the organization HAS.

How can the Cleveland Browns claim what was done in their city by a franchise that has since left? They can't, those titles belong to the Baltimore Ravens, as they WERE the Cleveland Browns that won those games.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:46 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
Who retains Paul Brown's legacy? All of his AAFL and NFL chamionships in the 50's? Certainly not the Baltimore franchise, which moved from that city up north. Certainly not the expansion franchise in that same town?

The Sacramento Kings have every single record from its inception in Cincinnati. And I'm sure the franchise in Glendale has every single Cardinal stat from its start in Chicago in 1920-something. Just like the Rams have every record from its beginnings in that city up north back in the 30's.
Oscar Roberston never, ever played for Sacramento. .....and when the Browns won in 1950 or the Packers won in 1965, they won it all. That was the NFL Championship, not the NFC Championship. There was no NFC. ....Just because they lump stats into catagories doesn't always make it correct.