Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 02-02-2013, 02:56 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2588
Default Feb. 2nd Mock Draft

Round 1 - Kenny Vaccaro - A player that about everyone on these boards can agree would upgrade a position of need. I love his coverage ability and with the growing role of pass catching Tight Ends and Slot WR's the value of a Safety with his skillset is going to continue to grow in this league. Immediate starter next season.

Round 2 - Giovani Bernard - Great rotational Running Back to pair with BJGE. Not going to run the fastest 40 time at the combine but he is quick and has good vision. Can help out as a returner and the thing that I like the most about him is his pass catching ability. That is a dimension to add in our offense that could take a ton of pressure off of Andy Dalton and the rest of the passing game.

Round 2 - Arthur Brown - We can move Burfict inside and allow Brown to play OLB in our defense. I love his speed and ability to get off of blocks. I'm sure I am not the only person that has wanted to bang my head off a wall watching Rey Mauluaga trying to get off a block the last few years. Brown is an explosive LB that can cover but also comes up and plays well in run support. The advantage I give to him over Khaseem Greene is the ability to get off blocks and play in run support as mentioned. Could see Brown's stock rising and we may have to take him at the beginning of the 2nd round. If that happens we could take him earlier and then pick a RB like Ellington or Randle or a Corner like Poyer or Trufant here. As of now Brown would be great if we land him here.

Round 3 - Justin Hunter - As I have said before I don't think we have to draft a WR early in this draft. With that said if Justin Hunter is available at this point in the draft it would be a really easy choice to take him off the board. He is 6'4" with great speed and ability to run after the catch. I really don't know why the guy is a 2nd or 3rd round prospect right now. Would look great opposite of Green in our offense. Having Sanu and Jones with Hunter and Green would be a scary thought for opposing defenses.

Round 4 - Leon McFadden - Good cover guy and what I really like about him is that he is not afraid to come up and tackle somebody. I always loved watching Joseph come up and lay a big hit on a guy. If we draft McFadden we will see a lot more of the same.

Round 5 - David Quessenberry - A player that really blew up during Senior Bowl week. Might be lucky to see him still be available in the 5th round at this point. Versatile enough to play Tackle as he has in college but also be a really good Guard prospect like he shown during the Senior Bowl. Certainly a player with a big upside and would provide depth along our line. Other players that could go here would be Reid Fragel or Rick Wagner.

Round 6 - Devin Taylor - A big defensive end that would fit right in with the size we like for the position. He has been overshadowed by talented players like Melvin Ingram and Jadeveon Clowney but he is a good player in his own right. Would probably never be much more than a solid rotational player but in the 6th round what more could you really expect.

Round 6 - Matt Scott - Potential backup QB to replace Gradkowski. Would compete with Zac Robinson for that spot and if he didn't win the spot right out he could still be a player to develop on the practice squad.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:54 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1128
Default Re: Feb. 2nd Mock Draft

Wow, if Hunter falls all the way to the 3rd, I'll be the first to say this maybe the best 3
Round draft we could possibly have. You can't even see the holes on our team because
they were filled to the brink. McFadden has great value in the 4th, I'll always applaud a
Roland replacement, and Taylor under Zimmer's influence will thrive. Superb job

CINwillWIN is the man
Old 02-02-2013, 04:03 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 264

I love this mock!
The only change I would make is going o-line (center) in the 3rd instead of reciever. Green, Sanu, Jones, Hawkins, and Greshem are great in the passing game, we just need to establish the run.

TWO WORDS... SHARK WEEK.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:27 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_dub17 View Post
I love this mock!
The only change I would make is going o-line (center) in the 3rd instead of reciever. Green, Sanu, Jones, Hawkins, and Greshem are great in the passing game, we just need to establish the run.
I actually tend to agree with that thought. This is more a case of Justin Hunter just being too good to pass up at this point. Also I feel you can't really have too many weapons on offense either. I thought the Bengals did a poor job adding weapons during the time Palmer was here. The knew they couldn't count on Henry and they never added more threats at WR in the draft like they should have.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:41 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1367

Pretty dog gone good draft!
Old 02-03-2013, 04:21 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 152

not bad, i like what i see out of brown at linebacker
Old 02-04-2013, 11:58 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsonist7 View Post
not bad, i like what i see out of brown at linebacker
Me too. Really is a question of when to draft him. The combine might clarify that some but I think if the staff really likes him they may have to pick him early in the 2nd or risk him being gone.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:09 PM

Rep Points: 12

Perfection
Old 02-04-2013, 01:11 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3288

One of the knocks on Hunter is inconsistent hands. Probably the biggest reason for him being projected where he is.

Arthur Brown is a nice pick if he lasts that long, but would probably need to add about 10 lbs if he were to become our SAM. But he could be our new WILL and we can find a SAM elsewhere too. I like his skill set and instincts.

I wonder if Vaccaro doesn't jump up in the first round like Barron did last year. May not be available when we pick in the first.

I like most of the picks. If I were to nitpick anything, I'd probably say another RB in the sixth over a QB, but that may be me thinking late round RB talent is higher than late round QB talent.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:48 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8519

There really isn't anything not to love in this mock!

1. Great pick; we have the pass rush and some solid CBs; add in a game changer at S and we'll see quite a few turnovers next season.

2. Love it! If they're looking for a change of pace guy then Bernard is the perfect pick.

2. There are definitely some small speedy LBs this year in Greene and Brown; but they can cover and we need that since we're regularly beaten by TEs. An added bonus is that we could potentially add his brother Bryce if he fell out of favor with Kelly's staff or when his rookie deal is up; just a thought.

3. Would kill to add Hunter here; just think he ends up late 1 or early 2. He's going to be a game changer and would be an interesting compliment to Green.

4. Great pick if he lasts to this point.

5. Solid depth.

6. Could work well in a rotation.

6. Why not? Adding a young QB isn't a bad idea.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:59 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bech72 View Post
There really isn't anything not to love in this mock!

1. Great pick; we have the pass rush and some solid CBs; add in a game changer at S and we'll see quite a few turnovers next season.

2. Love it! If they're looking for a change of pace guy then Bernard is the perfect pick.

2. There are definitely some small speedy LBs this year in Greene and Brown; but they can cover and we need that since we're regularly beaten by TEs. An added bonus is that we could potentially add his brother Bryce if he fell out of favor with Kelly's staff or when his rookie deal is up; just a thought.

3. Would kill to add Hunter here; just think he ends up late 1 or early 2. He's going to be a game changer and would be an interesting compliment to Green.

4. Great pick if he lasts to this point.

5. Solid depth.

6. Could work well in a rotation.

6. Why not? Adding a young QB isn't a bad idea.
Didn't he have an extraordinarily hard time holding on to the football last year?
Old 02-05-2013, 01:10 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleRock85 View Post
Me too. Really is a question of when to draft him. The combine might clarify that some but I think if the staff really likes him they may have to pick him early in the 2nd or risk him being gone.
yea im hoping the bengals can pick up some extra picks and grab him early in the second, he's fast and makes plays, and that's what we need, outside of burfict our lb's were pathetic