Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Around the NFL

Around the NFL Discuss the other 31 teams and the NFL in general.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:59 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6391
Default I'm a Bengals Fan who watched very little of the Super Bowl

....I could have.....but just didn't......

I went out of my way to avoid the weeks of ESPN build up....I always try to avoid the all Sunday marathon of hype

My plan was to watch the 4th quarter....if the game was close.

I watched a movie on another channel at kick off time......I switched over to see Baltimore jumped out in front..... I missed the commercials, which isn't a bad thing.......What I saw of the halftime show didn't look like much to me.......Switching back I saw the lights had went out and announcers said play was stopped for 30 minutes or so, so I switched away again, but not before hearing Baltimore was way ahead and Cowler said the 49ers should put in Alex Smith.......I did watch a good part of the 4th quarter and as 49ers came back, Cowler and the announcers were saying how great Kapernick is......Thats typical ...Thats exactly what I expect out of sports announcers, hence the reason I avoid all the weeks and hours of announcers.

As the game ended and 49ers fell short, I quickly changed the channel before they had a love fest for this guy involved with murders 10 years ago who had the money to settle with the familys out of court, which to me is an admittance of guilt. I choose not to watch one second of his greatness and how he is one in one with the lord above. I'm not saying he wasn't a great linebacker, but OJ Simpson was a great running back. ...I have no idea what the post game was like, since I went out of my way to immediatly turn the game off the second it ended.

...and now it is yesterdays news........and I look forward to what our Bengals do in the off season.

Last edited by kevin; 02-04-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:04 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 10689
Default Re: I'm a Bengals Fan who watched very little of the Super Bowl

I was right there with ya!!! I didn't watch any of it!! Didn't want to see any of the pre-game hype or the "game" and especially didn't want to hear about Ray Lewis. I had a stress-free, enjoyable evening watching other shows and don't think I missed a thing.

Can't wait until next season to see where we are at as a team. Unfortunately, in every Ravens game that is televised, we will probably have to hear about how much the Ravens miss Lewis and how the team just isn't the same.

Sig compliments of CINwillWIN
Old 02-04-2013, 02:05 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1381

It's good to step away in some capacity. I do the same thing after a loss, not listening to the media and trying to stay away from the crazies on the boards for a few days. Helps me remember it is just a game and there is a whole lot more worth living for.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:04 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 31

You are not the only one.
Watched maybe 3 plays, then switched to something on NATGEO.
That's the only football I have watched since the playoff loss.
I do watch that Bengals-Redskins game quite often.
Our offence in that game was unstoppable!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 03:14 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 37905

You all are nuts. It's still football, and you can drink beer and eat food. America.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:22 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 523

To each his own...But to not watch the super bowl ?
Old 02-04-2013, 03:26 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 588

Regardless of who is in the Super Bowl, I cook steak and shrimp for the family and then they eat in the dining room while I take a TV tray into the living room and watch the final football game of the season. That is the part for me, the last chance to watch real football for a long time...

Describing my feelings on being a Bengal's fan.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:39 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 27372

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApinhead View Post
I was right there with ya!!! I didn't watch any of it!! Didn't want to see any of the pre-game hype or the "game" and especially didn't want to hear about Ray Lewis. I had a stress-free, enjoyable evening watching other shows and don't think I missed a thing.

Can't wait until next season to see where we are at as a team. Unfortunately, in every Ravens game that is televised, we will probably have to hear about how much the Ravens miss Lewis and how the team just isn't the same.
Same here... I checked the score occansionally then went back to video games...

Couldnt root for either team so why bother to watch... + i havent enjoyed a half time show since i can remember. And i avoid commericals.

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 02-04-2013, 04:03 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1544
bengals Re: I'm a Bengals Fan who watched very little of the Super Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoMorph View Post
Same here... I checked the score occansionally then went back to video games...

Couldnt root for either team so why bother to watch... + i havent enjoyed a half time show since i can remember. And i avoid commericals.

I watched all of the game and even taped it for the future breakdowns. Here is my take on this superbowl.Before I start slamming the ravens and they will deserve it,they were given this superbowl in my opinion.Here is why!!! Granted, they outplayed the niners most of the game. But the niners SHOULD HAVE WON THIS GAME.WHY YOU ASKED???When there was about one and a half minutes left in regular time, the niners were on the 5 yd line with 1st and goal.If they score here, they go up ahead of the ravens.The first two trys the ravens D stuffed them.Next Colin threw a pass to crabtree, his receiver on the right side and he was interfered with by ed reed and co. no call by the refs.Next it was, I believe 4th and goal and colin threw a quick pass to crabtree in the corner of the endzone and he was being manhandled by Jimmy Smith, the ravens defender pass the 5 yd.Actually, it was in the endzone and he was being held around his arms by him and the ref did not call it.It was unbelievable and Jim Harbaugh went crazy.It was so clear he was being held and for no call I just cannot believe it.Phil Simms, the anchor for the network said that call would be debated for years. It was extremely clear to me that was a big-time pass interference call and it should have been called with a 1st and goal on the one foot line.The niners would have went up on the dirty birds and won this game.Again, a bad no-call by the refs.Think about this,those refs bought into,lets give old killer ray lewis another ring.Makes me sick.For real, the niners got robbed in this game.It was extremly clear that was a terrible no-call.Makes you wonder how many games throughout the year is truly FIXED.Would love to hear from others that watched this horrible no-call. It costed the niners the game and the first thing out of Jim Harbaughs mouth during his post-press conference was exactly about this terrible no-call.It so stinks.Hated to see it end like this.I am admitting the ravens outplayed the niners most of the game, but when its all over, its who has the most points, and the niners were robbed of 7 points when it counted the most.Even John Harbaugh realized his team got away with one and you could see it from him at end of game.His brother was going crazy on the sidelines. Can you imagine if that would have happened to the ravens coaching staff???"?
Old 02-04-2013, 04:03 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by STC View Post
You all are nuts. It's still football, and you can drink beer and eat food. America.
it didnt need my help to get record ratings.... and i can drink beer and eat food anytime i dont need an excuse like the superbowl.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 02-04-2013, 04:05 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortyyearfan View Post
I watched all of the game and even taped it for the future breakdowns. Here is my take on this superbowl.Before I start slamming the ravens and they will deserve it,they were given this superbowl in my opinion.Here is why!!! Granted, they outplayed the niners most of the game. But the niners SHOULD HAVE WON THIS GAME.WHY YOU ASKED???When there was about one and a half minutes left in regular time, the niners were on the 5 yd line with 1st and goal.If they score here, they go up ahead of the ravens.The first two trys the ravens D stuffed them.Next Colin threw a pass to crabtree, his receiver on the right side and he was interfered with by ed reed and co. no call by the refs.Next it was, I believe 4th and goal and colin threw a quick pass to crabtree in the corner of the endzone and he was being manhandled by Jimmy Smith, the ravens defender pass the 5 yd.Actually, it was in the endzone and he was being held around his arms by him and the ref did not call it.It was unbelievable and Jim Harbaugh went crazy.It was so clear he was being held and for no call I just cannot believe it.Phil Simms, the anchor for the network said that call would be debated for years. It was extremely clear to me that was a big-time pass interference call and it should have been called with a 1st and goal on the one foot line.The niners would have went up on the dirty birds and won this game.Again, a bad no-call by the refs.Think about this,those refs bought into,lets give old killer ray lewis another ring.Makes me sick.For real, the niners got robbed in this game.It was extremly clear that was a terrible no-call.Makes you wonder how many games throughout the year is truly FIXED.Would love to hear from others that watched this horrible no-call. It costed the niners the game and the first thing out of Jim Harbaughs mouth during his post-press conference was exactly about this terrible no-call.It so stinks.Hated to see it end like this.I am admitting the ravens outplayed the niners most of the game, but when its all over, its who has the most points, and the niners were robbed of 7 points when it counted the most.Even John Harbaugh realized his team got away with one and you could see it from him at end of game.His brother was going crazy on the sidelines. Can you imagine if that would have happened to the ravens coaching staff???"?
Hey you know the 49ers losing with a goal line stand by the ravens would have just been karma for 1 of our superbowl loses.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 02-04-2013, 04:06 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
I know, thats the deal isn't it.......Big Super Bowl Partys........love those new commercials.......love that halftime show no matter what......America........and to those that enjoyed everything Super Bowl, more power to you.......I just didn't care about either team....I guess, win or lose, I'm a Bengals fan.......Once the Reds lost in the play-offs, I lost interest in baseball.....I guess I'm just a local fan and root, root, root for the home team. .......but these things women talk about like the Super Bowl commercials, I didn't miss them one bit....I saw a good part of the 4th quarter, 49ers had them on the ropes with speed, but on the goal line Ravens didn't need to be fast and stuffed them. .....Taking the safety was interesting for a few seconds....Putting the 49ers within a field goal, 49ers were able to fair catch the kick and try a field goal without the other team trying to block it......a 70 or 80 yard kick would have been different.....but the 49ers guy didn't fair catch it and time ran out....It would have been funny to see a kicker boom it like on kick-offs and go through the uprights for the longest kick ever, and the other coach regretting taking the safety to put them within 3 to begin with.

Last edited by kevin; 02-04-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:06 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoMorph View Post
it didnt need my help to get record ratings.... and i can drink beer and eat food anytime i dont need an excuse like the superbowl.
Well then you missed a whole halftime of Beyonce's crotch. Ha.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:09 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
I know, thats the deal isn't it.......Big Super Bowl Partys........love those new commercials.......love that halftime show no matter what......America........and to those that enjoyed everything Super Bowl, more power to you.......I just didn't care about either team....I guess, win or lose, I'm a Bengals fan.......Once the Reds lost in the play-offs, I lost interest in baseball.....I guess I'm just a local fan and root, root, root for the home team. .......but these things women talk about like the Super Bowl commercials, I didn't miss them one bit.
Once the Reds got bounced, I was done as well. But baseball is boring if it's not the Reds or someone I have to root against for the Reds sake of being a Reds fan. I was rooting against the Ravens due to the division rival thing.

But I never understood the thing about the commercials. They were never/never will be worth looking forward to.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:10 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2866

I wonder how Bronco fans feel? The Raven's got lucky with that game.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:12 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17590

There are football fans that don't watch the Super Bowl?

Old 02-04-2013, 04:17 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Well then you missed a whole halftime of Beyonce's crotch. Ha.
While good looking i wouldve had to watch on mute.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 02-04-2013, 04:22 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
....I could have.....but just didn't......

I went out of my way to avoid the weeks of ESPN build up....I always try to avoid the all Sunday marathon of hype

My plan was to watch the 4th quarter....if the game was close.

I watched a movie on another channel at kick off time......I switched over to see Baltimore jumped out in front..... I missed the commercials, which isn't a bad thing.......What I saw of the halftime show didn't look like much to me.......Switching back I saw the lights had went out and announcers said play was stopped for 30 minutes or so, so I switched away again, but not before hearing Baltimore was way ahead and Cowler said the 49ers should put in Alex Smith.......I did watch a good part of the 4th quarter and as 49ers came back, Cowler and the announcers were saying how great Kapernick is......Thats typical ...Thats exactly what I expect out of sports announcers, hence the reason I avoid all the weeks and hours of announcers.

As the game ended and 49ers fell short, I quickly changed the channel before they had a love fest for this guy involved with murders 10 years ago who had the money to settle with the familys out of court, which to me is an admittance of guilt. I choose not to watch one second of his greatness and how he is one in one with the lord above. I'm not saying he wasn't a great linebacker, but OJ Simpson was a great running back. ...I have no idea what the post game was like, since I went out of my way to immediatly turn the game off the second it ended.

...and now it is yesterdays news........and I look forward to what our Bengals do in the off season.
Kevin, I totally agree with you about killer rey lewis. He is a phony when it comes to his claiming his closeness to the man above and all that.You know what the good book says about folks claiming their closeness to the heavenly father in public.He says when you pray to me or come to me, do so privately and try not to draw attention to yourself in public like the sellers of merchandise in the temple. These are not the exact words but you get my drift, and by the way I think its okay to pray before a game about keeping healthy and all that, but honestly I in no way believe he cares a hoot about any sports.He does care about our health and our relationships with one another.As far as stupid idiot rey lewis saying after the game When god is on my side, how could he lose?? Does that mean that god doesn't care for the ones that lose??He is so nuts, its sickening.I cannot believe someone doesn't call him out on this stuff.He is a for sure fool.God cares about EVERYONE, REGARDLESS IF YOU PLAY A GAME OR WHATEVER you do for a living.He wants you to seek him in all things you do. Ray Lewis makes a mockery out of the true meaning of faith and believe me , he will get his someday.And I for real believe he was involved in those murders and just paid his way out of it along with the ravens organizations money.He knows whether or not he knifed someone to death and it will not leave him, no matter what he does.Someday, he WILL PAY FOR IT.BY the way, i don't think anyone was ever charged with this crime.If that would have been you or me,we would be on death row. Money buys alot-FOR AWHILE!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 04:37 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by khamla View Post
I wonder how Bronco fans feel? The Raven's got lucky with that game.
Hey khamal,the ravens got that game handed to them in the end with a no-call by the refs on a holding call by the ravens jimmy smith holding crabtree so he couldn;t catch the winning touchdown for the niners.Their head coach, Jim Harbaugh went nuts as he should, because that no-call on clearly holding by the ravens cost the niners this game.It was so obvious by anyone that watch this game that he was holding his arms so he couldn't catch the picking ball. That should have been pass-interverercne and was not called.It was horrible.You simply cannot touch a receiver pass the five yd line and he was getting manhandled in the ENDZONE and the refs did not call it.Can you even imagine if that was the ravens getting that no-call against them.They would have had to put John Harbaugh in jail, he would have went crazy.The niners should have won that game. That no-call cost them 7 points and the SUPERBOWL.GO FIGURE.i DO NOT CARE FOR EITHER TEAM, BUT COME ON MAN.THAT WAS CLEARLY A PENTALY NOT CALLED WITH LESS THAN 2 MINUTES LEFT.You could clearly tell that John Harbaugh knew they got away with it.He was watching his bother go nuts about that call and the first thing Jim Harbaugh said during his post press conference with about that no=call.It just *****.I do not trust the refs and never have.It was super clear they bought into the hype of getting old raylewis his ring.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:03 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortyyearfan View Post
Hey khamal,the ravens got that game handed to them in the end with a no-call by the refs on a holding call by the ravens jimmy smith holding crabtree so he couldn;t catch the winning touchdown for the niners.Their head coach, Jim Harbaugh went nuts as he should, because that no-call on clearly holding by the ravens cost the niners this game.It was so obvious by anyone that watch this game that he was holding his arms so he couldn't catch the picking ball. That should have been pass-interverercne and was not called.It was horrible.You simply cannot touch a receiver pass the five yd line and he was getting manhandled in the ENDZONE and the refs did not call it.Can you even imagine if that was the ravens getting that no-call against them.They would have had to put John Harbaugh in jail, he would have went crazy.The niners should have won that game. That no-call cost them 7 points and the SUPERBOWL.GO FIGURE.i DO NOT CARE FOR EITHER TEAM, BUT COME ON MAN.THAT WAS CLEARLY A PENTALY NOT CALLED WITH LESS THAN 2 MINUTES LEFT.You could clearly tell that John Harbaugh knew they got away with it.He was watching his bother go nuts about that call and the first thing Jim Harbaugh said during his post press conference with about that no=call.It just *****.I do not trust the refs and never have.It was super clear they bought into the hype of getting old raylewis his ring.
Hey forthy year fan as a guy thats been a fan for forty years you know you cannot rely on the refs... You have to win handely. If the 49ers had played better ball the first half they probly win this game by a couple TD's but they didnt they let this game slip away and couldnt get back in it...

I didnt watch much but 28-6 @ halftime told me all i needed to know Ravens were gonna win the Super bowl.

I cant believe how many people love to jump on the blame the refs banwaggon.. Its not the refs fault the NFL signed them back even knowning they have been terrible sense the beginning of time. and some of them as old. Its real easy to make calls watching stuff in slow mo 30 times on TV but not when on the field. If you want to win you cant leave the game in the hands of the refs. if you lose because of it you only have yourselves to blame.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 02-04-2013, 07:44 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11224

Why is this garbage in around the nfl? Move this jungle noob *****fest to where it belongs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Anyways, Adderral's not even a drug

Old 02-08-2013, 05:15 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensLover69 View Post
Why is this garbage in around the nfl? Move this jungle noob *****fest to where it belongs.
Hey, I started it in Jungle Noise......the powers at be moved it to Around The NFL.....they are probably right, I guess it isn't about the Bengals much, just my lack of concern over the winners of a Ravens / 49ers game.

and yes, this week on TV, women and gay guys gushed over the halftime show and Be Ounces lov-el-ly wardrobe and how she tore it up girl , and commercials on TV, as I quickly changed the channel on them also. I'm not sure they knew there was also a football game.... I have avoided Smith on ESPN, ( praise his holy name ), and all ESPN views of the Super Duper Event. ...It is possible to skip this media hyped carnaval and be happy I missed it on purpose. ...I did see key parts of the 4th quarter, I actually like football, but most of the Super Bowls have little to do with football......Now the Super Duper Bowl people wouldn't watch or like a regular football game in regular season like I do.

Last edited by kevin; 02-08-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:54 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11224

Quote:
Hey, I started it in Jungle Noise......the powers at be moved it to Around The NFL.....they are probably right, I guess it isn't about the Bengals much, just my lack of concern over the winners of a Ravens / 49ers game.

and yes, this week on TV, women and gay guys gushed over the halftime show and Be Ounces lov-el-ly wardrobe and how she tore it up girl , and commercials on TV, as I quickly changed the channel on them also. I'm not sure they knew there was also a football game.... I have avoided Smith on ESPN, ( praise his holy name ), and all ESPN views of the Super Duper Event. ...It is possible to skip this media hyped carnaval and be happy I missed it on purpose. ...I did see key parts of the 4th quarter, I actually like football, but most of the Super Bowls have little to do with football......Now the Super Duper Bowl people wouldn't watch or like a regular football game in regular season like I do.

To be honest, Kevin, that was directed more towards fortyyearfan's whine fest. You just expressed generally apathy towards the biggest match of the season (a topic that could pass for Around the NFL) but fair enough that you started it there and mods moved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Anyways, Adderral's not even a drug

Old 02-08-2013, 10:49 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7038

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensLover69 View Post
To be honest, Kevin, that was directed more towards fortyyearfan's whine fest. You just expressed generally apathy towards the biggest match of the season (a topic that could pass for Around the NFL) but fair enough that you started it there and mods moved it.

How the hell do you tolerate reading that yahoos post. Jesus Christ! Gives me a headache just thinking about attempting to decipher that bs
Old 02-09-2013, 02:05 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8825

im a bengals and i watch very little of mad about you
4th Jeremy Hill RB
5th Bene Benwikere CB
6th Eathyn Manumaleuna DT
6th Russell Bodine C
7th Ethan Westbrooks DE
7th James Morris LB
UDFA Keith Smith LB
UDFA Carrington Byndom CB
UDFA Kapri Bibbs RB
UDFA Bryn Renner QB
UDFA Isaiah Burse WR
UDFA Chaz Sutton DE
UDFA Qua Cox CB
UDFA Kapri Bibbs RB
http://youtu.be/TOFXFOvqlXE
A wise man learns from his mistakes but a wiser man learns from other peoples mistakes