Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:50 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1771
bengals Re: After watching the SB,the team will go as far as Dalton takes them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabo614 View Post
nevermind ray rice and a decent defense.
Our teams qb must be alot better this year than last.will he ?? Anybodys wild guess.Can He??Sure, its up to him and his abilities.But I must see it first.I think he can get it done,especially with more weapons around him. But as you mentioned, he has to run the offense much better and make much better decisions on the fly.Lets all hope he can. I want a SUPERBOWL WIN THIS YEAR.ITS TIME.NO EXCUSES,NO TIME LIKE THIS TIME. YOU KNOW THE STEELERS, THE RAVENS AND NOW THE BROWNS WILL ALL BOUNCE BACK AND BE SUPER READY TO CHALLENGE EVERYONE.THATS THE AFCN.I SEE THIS YEAR AS A BLOODFEST YEAR WITH ALOT OF INJURIES.THIS SCHEDULE IS TOUGH AS NAILS.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:53 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11246
Default Re: After watching the SB,the team will go as far as Dalton takes them

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortyyearfan View Post
Our teams qb must be alot better this year than last.will he ?? Anybodys wild guess.Can He??Sure, its up to him and his abilities.But I must see it first.I think he can get it done,especially with more weapons around him. But as you mentioned, he has to run the offense much better and make much better decisions on the fly.Lets all hope he can. I want a SUPERBOWL WIN THIS YEAR.ITS TIME.NO EXCUSES,NO TIME LIKE THIS TIME. YOU KNOW THE STEELERS, THE RAVENS AND NOW THE BROWNS WILL ALL BOUNCE BACK AND BE SUPER READY TO CHALLENGE EVERYONE.THATS THE AFCN.I SEE THIS YEAR AS A BLOODFEST YEAR WITH ALOT OF INJURIES.THIS SCHEDULE IS TOUGH AS NAILS.
You saw him improve from last year to this year. So I believe he has proved he can improve.

Also, we said the same thing about the schedule last year. Especially with the 2nd part of the season, and the Bengals had a winning record during that time.

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 02-04-2013, 06:02 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2278

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfkaosaun View Post
Ravens had a better defense in Flacco's first year, being the #2 defense. Also, Flacco looked HORRIBLE in his first playoff games.

Even in his 2nd season, the defense was better than the Bengals, being #3 overall.

Flacco's stats for 1st playoff game - 9 completions out of 23 attempts. 135 yards. 39.1% completion percentage. QB rating of 59.
2nd game - 11 of 22. 161 yards. 50% completion percentage. 1 TD. QB rating of 89.4.
3rd game - 13 of 30. 141 yards. 43.3% completion percentage. 0 TDs. 3 INTs. QB rating of 18.2.

Now his next season.
1st game - 4 of 10. 34 yards. 40% completion percentage. 0 TDs. 1 INT. QB rating of 10.
2nd game - 20 of 35. 189 yards. 57.1% completion percentage. 0TDs. 2 INTs. QB rating of 48.4.

Flacco helps prove the fact that defenses can also ride a team. But now, he drove his team to the Super Bowl. I GUARANTEE very little people saw him doing any of this post season stuff after his first few playoff games. Dalton needs time, and he deserves it. He has had a full offseason ONCE in his career.
This point has been made over and over, and as right on the money as it is......it will not penetrate some of the abestos minds of the perfect couch coaches!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 06:06 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2278

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
aww

Here is a fact. He is a second year QB that has performed well above the curve. Has performed around the level of a couple of guys named Manning and Marino. That is a fact.

The 'undercover other team rooting' couch coaches already know this Buckeye friend! You might as well be passing gas to these knuckleheads, at least they will most likely agree that your farts stink!!
Old 02-04-2013, 06:47 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448

[quote=BigPapaKain;2800184]Does it need to be said?

And you're always crying at it's worst. I'd figure someone who spews as much hate as you do about any team would be a fan of said team's rival.[/QUOTI love our team, just not a fan of the quarterback, and as I have said before, I have been a fan of this team, probably longer than you have been out of diapers, so don't tell me who to root for.

I am going to stop posting in the Dalton threads, and wait a couple years, then tell you all, (I SAID SO), when the team finally wises up.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:48 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448

[quote=wolfkaosaun;2800240]Ravens had a better defense in Flacco's first year, being the #2 defense. Also, Flacco looked HORRIBLE in his first playoff games.

Even in his 2nd season, the defense was better than the Bengals, being #3 overall.

Flacco's stats for 1st playoff game - 9 completions out of 23 attempts. 135 yards. 39.1% completion percentage. QB rating of 59.
2nd game - 11 of 22. 161 yards. 50% completion percentage. 1 TD. QB rating of 89.4.
3rd game - 13 of 30. 141 yards. 43.3% completion percentage. 0 TDs. 3 INTs. QB rating of 18.2.

Now his next season.
1st game - 4 of 10. 34 yards. 40% completion percentage. 0 TDs. 1 INT. QB rating of 10.
2nd game - 20 of 35. 189 yards. 57.1% completion percentage. 0TDs. 2 INTs. QB rating of 48.4.

Flacco helps prove the fact that defenses can also ride a team. But now, he drove his team to the Super Bowl. I GUARANTEE very little people saw him doing any of this post season stuff after his first few playoff games. Dalton needs time, and he deserves it. He has had a full offseason ONCE in his career.[/QUOTE

Did he win any of those games?
Old 02-04-2013, 06:51 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11246

[quote=THEBURG;2800314]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfkaosaun View Post
Ravens had a better defense in Flacco's first year, being the #2 defense. Also, Flacco looked HORRIBLE in his first playoff games.

Now his next season.

Flacco helps prove the fact that defenses can also ride a team. But now, he drove his team to the Super Bowl. I GUARANTEE very little people saw him doing any of this post season stuff after his first few playoff games. Dalton needs time, and he deserves it. He has had a full offseason ONCE in his career.[/QUOTE

Did he win any of those games?
Flacco was on a team that won those games. Yes. But was he why they won those games? Not at all.

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 02-04-2013, 06:59 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 21058

It took Flacco 5 years to reach this point, plus he had better talent surrounding him this year. Dalton will go into his 3rd year with less talented rbs and just AJ that is proven on the outside & Gresham who can be inconsistent (that is as it stands right now before free agency & draft)

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown
We did some good things today. - Marvin Lewis

Old 02-04-2013, 07:59 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 33498

I keep saying this. Good/great QBs have tons of weapons. Joe Flacco this year?

Anquan Boldin: 65-921-4. He makes tough catches just like AJ.

Torrey Smith: 49-855-8. Great speed, makes big plays.

Dennis Pitta: 61-669-7. Great TE. More consistent than Gresh.

Ray Rice: 61-478-1. Easy completions for Flacco. All of our RBs combined had 42 catches for 256 yards.

Jacoby Jones: 30-406-1. In addition to being a pro bowl return man, he also made big plays as the 5th option in the passing game.

Ed Dickson: 21-225-0. Good production from their 2nd TE. For comparison, Orson Charles had 8 catches.

Vonta Leach: 21-143-0. Yes, their FB had 21 receptions. More than Binns, Tate, Sanu or Marvin Jones. Let that sink in. Chris Pressley had 1 catch.

Compare this to the Bengals. We had only 4 players with 20+ receptions. The Ravens had 7.

I could do this with any team that has a good/great QB. AJ Green is great, but we need more good players, and Jay needs to get more players involved in the game plans.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 02-04-2013, 08:37 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2235

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierdude View Post
dalton was inaccurate and inconsistent at TCU..watch his tapes..big mistake
Green_Ellis is a fall down goal line running back
no wide receivers cept for green
defense looks good statistically yet in big games against good teams..they are average

we have gone from lousy to average under Lewis..need many changes
Sigh..................................
Old 02-05-2013, 09:54 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 21072

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
I keep saying this. Good/great QBs have tons of weapons. Joe Flacco this year?

Anquan Boldin: 65-921-4. He makes tough catches just like AJ.

Torrey Smith: 49-855-8. Great speed, makes big plays.

Dennis Pitta: 61-669-7. Great TE. More consistent than Gresh.

Ray Rice: 61-478-1. Easy completions for Flacco. All of our RBs combined had 42 catches for 256 yards.

Jacoby Jones: 30-406-1. In addition to being a pro bowl return man, he also made big plays as the 5th option in the passing game.

Ed Dickson: 21-225-0. Good production from their 2nd TE. For comparison, Orson Charles had 8 catches.

Vonta Leach: 21-143-0. Yes, their FB had 21 receptions. More than Binns, Tate, Sanu or Marvin Jones. Let that sink in. Chris Pressley had 1 catch.

Compare this to the Bengals. We had only 4 players with 20+ receptions. The Ravens had 7.

I could do this with any team that has a good/great QB. AJ Green is great, but we need more good players, and Jay needs to get more players involved in the game plans.
Nailed it Shake.....
Old 02-05-2013, 03:31 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1771

Quote:
Originally Posted by havean View Post
Sigh..................................
You are right about alot of this, I so hope they know what needs to be done to improve as I so want a good season to cheer about.No more stupid loses,like dallas and the fins.Their goal should be to win all their home games, nothing else will be accepted.You cannot lose at home and expect to get home field advantage when playoff time comes around.I see the ravens, steelers,denver, pats, bengals and possiblely the colts all being a force to challenge for the title game in the AFC.In the NFC, i see the niners,packers fighting it out for the nfc.Just a thought.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:35 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9504

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millz View Post
It took Flacco 5 years to reach this point, plus he had better talent surrounding him this year. Dalton will go into his 3rd year with less talented rbs and just AJ that is proven on the outside & Gresham who can be inconsistent (that is as it stands right now before free agency & draft)
Exactly. Plus, if Dalton had time to check down instead of running for his life on the snap and a TE who wasn't afraid of contact, he'd be significantly more effective.

But where there is no pocket, there will be no success...he is not going to beat NFL teams with his legs.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:54 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25256

[quote=THEBURG;2800311]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapaKain View Post
Does it need to be said?

And you're always crying at it's worst. I'd figure someone who spews as much hate as you do about any team would be a fan of said team's rival.[/QUOTI love our team, just not a fan of the quarterback, and as I have said before, I have been a fan of this team, probably longer than you have been out of diapers, so don't tell me who to root for.

I am going to stop posting in the Dalton threads, and wait a couple years, then tell you all, (I SAID SO), when the team finally wises up.
As nice as it would be I doubt you have the willpower to stop the constant griping.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:03 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2116

[quote=THE PISTONS;2799989]I wouldn't say that Flacco is the best QB in the AFC North. The Ravens have 2 better RB's than us. Boldin and Smith are better than Green and whoever you consider our #2. Their line is better overall than ours.

I think the Ravens show what good coaching, a good organization, and motivated players can accomplish.

We essentially came out flat against the Texans 2 years in a row.[/QUOTE]

Refer to good coaching. I am dubious it will ever be any different with ML as HC.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:11 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 36181

[quote=Derrick;2801538]
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
I wouldn't say that Flacco is the best QB in the AFC North. The Ravens have 2 better RB's than us. Boldin and Smith are better than Green and whoever you consider our #2. Their line is better overall than ours.

I think the Ravens show what good coaching, a good organization, and motivated players can accomplish.

We essentially came out flat against the Texans 2 years in a row.[/QUOTE]

Refer to good coaching. I am dubious it will ever be any different with ML as HC.
With Adam Zimmer here my hopes for a HC Zimmer have risen 50%.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:34 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1038

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpactPlaya View Post
I know I'm stating the obvious. But in order for the Bengals to go far in the playoffs and a eventual SB appearance,Andy needs to be the best QB in the AFC North.
The Ravens got to the big show on Flacco's arm and exceptional QB decision making.
Hey I'd to love to see a upgrade at RB and another big time WR that can make vertical plays,but ultimately its gonna come down to Andy making plays downfield.
I hope Dalton had a fire lit under his behind by watching what Flacco did.
I want Dalton to come in and say,"I need to play better"
If Dalton can't get the Bengals past the 1st RD in 2013,then I'm gonna start to doubt if he's the franchise QB or not.
I don't think you are stating the obvious at all. In fact, I don't agree with you. What makes Flacco a good QB is that he doesn't make mistakes when it counts. The Ravens have never asked him to do *that* much. He's never been expected to be Peyton Manning/Tom Brady. The Ravens have always won because of a ball control offense combined with a great defense.

One of the Bengals biggest problems on offense is the total inability to control the clock and game at times. How many times did we see the Bengals go 3 and out or have a drive that had a couple explosive plays and NOTHING else. The Ravens do that exceptionally well. They have a QB who manages the game well and doesn't make many mistakes and they have a very good running back/offensive line. A lot of our issues are on Dalton. But he's still young and young QBs generally make a lot of mistakes. Flacco developed pretty quickly, but his ceiling appears to be pretty much where he's at. He's essentially been a 20 TD, 10 int guy his entire career.

Andy needs to improve. So does our gameplanning and playcalling. We also need more talent in the WR corps, and a better running back, and a consistent offensive line.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:43 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7553

We need to play more aggressive...this run..run..pass..punt crap is becoming way too predictable. Im soo sick of watching BJGE trying to run it up the middle on first and second downs......then watching Andy try force A pass on third and long. We need to start on the first down with some aggressive play calling...and keep it mixed up so we arent 8 yards out on third every time. I put my hand through my drywall watching the Bengals do that crap over and over and over this year. Hell, even my WIFE was calling the plays from the kitchen before the ball was snapped. IMO Dalton can handle the pressure, we just need to execute and get off the soft stuff already. Its high time this team to GROWS UP and plays with the Big Boys!! Now WHO DEY!!

Throw his way and get the FULL NELSON!!!

NOW THATS INTENSITY!!

Even Gronk don't want none of that!!
Old 02-07-2013, 01:44 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6698

I'll say this about any QB including Dalton.

Give him a legit set of offensive weapons before you make any decisions about whether or not he can lead a team deep into the playoffs.

Outside of AJ Green, what has he had to work with at WR?

Sanu (Rookie 3rd rounder), Jones (Rookie 5th rounder), Hawkins (Undrafted), Tate (Special Teams player), Whalen (6th round pick).

What has he had running the ball? BJGE?

The line still has a little work to be done on it, but until you get someone that can take some of attention away from AJ, you are going to have mixed results.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:23 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9504

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstripes View Post
I'll say this about any QB including Dalton.

Give him a legit set of offensive weapons before you make any decisions about whether or not he can lead a team deep into the playoffs.

Outside of AJ Green, what has he had to work with at WR?

Sanu (Rookie 3rd rounder), Jones (Rookie 5th rounder), Hawkins (Undrafted), Tate (Special Teams player), Whalen (6th round pick).

What has he had running the ball? BJGE?

The line still has a little work to be done on it, but until you get someone that can take some of attention away from AJ, you are going to have mixed results.

Give him a pocket and a chance not be killed there.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:29 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7553

Watching the Broncos this year and seeing the protection they gave Peyton...it's no wonder they went as far asthey went. Id like to see what he can do with about 1/3 of that time he gets.

Throw his way and get the FULL NELSON!!!

NOW THATS INTENSITY!!

Even Gronk don't want none of that!!
Old 02-07-2013, 04:19 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 9005

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliJack View Post
Watching the Broncos this year and seeing the protection they gave Peyton...it's no wonder they went as far asthey went. Id like to see what he can do with about 1/3 of that time he gets.

He already did that his last year in Indy...

ALL IN FOR ANDY
Old 02-07-2013, 04:31 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 33498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
He already did that his last year in Indy...
He was only sacked 16 times that year. He was hurried a bit more than normal though I guess.

But it's not like he did any better than Andy. The Colts went 10-6 and lost in the WC.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 02-12-2013, 01:42 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2200

Sure you need a good QB, and Dalton is capable. But really, lets be honest here. The Super Bowl was once again determined by the wonderful refs. So if they are not calling things your way, you can forget winning the SB. The Ravens didnt win that game. Plain and simple. It makes me sick to even think about it. The best team did not win. Jacoby Jones wonderful kickoff return should have been called back for a ridiculously missed holding call by #51. And lets now even discuss the holding of Crabtree in the endzone. C'mon people, how obvious can it be ?????? Fix !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2013, 01:53 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 937

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierdude View Post
dalton was inaccurate and inconsistent at TCU..watch his tapes..big mistake
Green_Ellis is a fall down goal line running back
no wide receivers cept for green
defense looks good statistically yet in big games against good teams..they are average

we have gone from lousy to average under Lewis..need many changes
Looks like umbubus found himself a new identity.