Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Around the NFL

Around the NFL Discuss the other 31 teams and the NFL in general.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:24 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 439
Default Re: So did everyone enjoy the Fixer Bowl ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars304 View Post
The holding that wasn't called during the safety was the most atrocious non call I have ever seen. If you watch the game again, you can't miss it. Its right on camera.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
You do realize they were holding on purpose because even if it was penalty, the result would have been the same:Safety. The holding permitted to runoff a good chunk of the clock.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:33 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 13547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals in Toronto View Post
thats like saying that the Patriots won the SB after 911 due to the name of the team and standing up for their country
Well, that is what happened.

Sig compliments of CINwillWIN
Old 02-04-2013, 02:19 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 35467

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApinhead View Post
Well, that is what happened.
NFL has been rigged for years.. or at least it seems so if you watch all the games and BS calls in everyone that helps certain teams win when they had no business being in the game.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:23 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoMorph View Post
NFL has been rigged for years.. or at least it seems so if you watch all the games and BS calls in everyone that helps certain teams win when they had no business being in the game.
Yep. Too many times in just about every game I just shake my head and think to myself, "does the NFL really expect us to buy this stuff?" I guess they do and some do.

Old 02-04-2013, 03:11 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 39239

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkysylvanelf View Post
You do realize they were holding on purpose because even if it was penalty, the result would have been the same:Safety. The holding permitted to runoff a good chunk of the clock.
The point is that there were no flags. The whole line was literally tackling the rushers (obviously because they were instructed to), and there should have been a flag or 3.

It wouldn't have changed the outcome, but how can you not throw a flag?

Also, I'm not a conspiracy theorist. Just saying they screwed up the safety play.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:27 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 30159

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdand15 View Post
How can anybody watch that game and not tell me it was fixed for the Ravens to win ? So many uncalled penalites on the Ravens for holding, one of them on the AMAZING 108yd kickoff return by Jacoby Jones.
And the non-call in the endzone at the end of the game ?? What the heck is that ?? I mean cmon I am not a fan of either team, but the whole thing really stinks. FIXED !!!!!!!!
I remember seeing the 49ers holding a LOT last night that didn't get called.

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:35 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
Newsflash Buddy....Get out and see the world a little bit. You have those in EVERY Fan base to complain about refs......
Newsflash, I know, but living in MD 90% of the Ravens fans I know are doing the exact thing I just previously stated.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:41 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2591

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals41 View Post
the only bad call last night was the no pass interference on the 4th and goal for the 49ers. Ball was in the air, it was indeed catchable, and the defender was holding Crabtree on the sides. That and Cary Williams for Baltimore should have been ejected from the game for pushing the ref... Other than that, I'd say it was a well officiated game
That play was a good call. Both had eachother tangled up and pushin off eachother. Thats why it wasnt called.

I support Andy Dalton 100 percent. Some fans expect too much too soon or from too little.

Dalton is not the problem. Sometimes I think the only reason people gripe about him is because they have nothing better to do or simply like to read the word of their own writing, similar to when people complaining just to hear the sound of their own voice.

If the world has no faith in me, Then I have no faith in it.

Prosperity should not be shared with those who did not earn it.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:15 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 14183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquapod770 View Post
Newsflash, I know, but living in MD 90% of the Ravens fans I know are doing the exact thing I just previously stated.
90% of posts have been complaints about the refs. You live in MD. Of course you hear Ravens fans complain. If you lived in VA, youd be whining about obnoxious Skins fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Anyways, Adderral's not even a drug
-----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
I still don't think we are evolved from primates. I don't think we are even remotely related.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmicGeek View Post
We aren't evolved from primates, we are primates.
--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
I can guarentee you there is not a dude on the earth that is as passionate about his male lover as I am my relgion.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:34 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkysylvanelf View Post
Totally agree...but not one official threw a flag.

It doesn't affect the outcome but it is a great demonstration of how awful they can be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
...promoting sexism is actually a beautiful thing
Old 02-05-2013, 11:37 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoMorph View Post
I just think the "suits" have a script they want played out. Keep games close, make sure fan interest doesn't wane, build up certain stories, etc.

The refs just help that and sometime the players blow it.

The NFL wanted the Hawbawler bowl last year but the Ravens couldn't catch an easy TD and missed an easy FG...the 49ers fumble a punt....and all of a sudden we have a new story to push.

Quote:
Old 02-05-2013, 12:06 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdino View Post
I just think the "suits" have a script they want played out. Keep games close, make sure fan interest doesn't wane, build up certain stories, etc.

The NFL wanted the Hawbawler bowl last year but the Ravens couldn't catch an easy TD and missed an easy FG...the 49ers fumble a punt....and all of a sudden we have a new story to push.
Sounds about right. I think they go with what they think will create the most interest among the fans and bring in the most coin.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:07 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 17135

Quote:
i just think the "suits" have a script they want played out. Keep games close, make sure fan interest doesn't wane, build up certain stories, etc.

The nfl wanted the hawbawler bowl last year but the ravens couldn't catch an easy td and missed an easy fg...the 49ers fumble a punt....and all of a sudden we have a new story to push.
qft

Cincinnati Bengals
2013 AFCN Champions !
Old 02-06-2013, 09:58 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1019

Mars304:

Just wanted to let everyone know, as long as the Bengals win tomorrow, we will never have to see umkubus AGAIN...EVER. I have made a bet with him, that if the bengals win, he can never post on this website again. If the Bengals lose, I will disappear forever. I will take the bullet for the possibility of nobody ever having to read the robots posts ever again.

From 02-04-2013:

The holding that wasn't called during the safety was the most atrocious non call I have ever seen. If you watch the game again, you can't miss it. Its right on camera.

MAR304: You have not honored your bet Stay off these message boards Keep your word - umkubas
Old 02-06-2013, 10:45 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 201

Quote:

Why would the NFL fix its own games? The league is hugely profitable regardless of who makes the playoffs or plays in the Super Bowl. It's absurd to think that they'd compromise the integrity of the league to bring in a few more bucks. If you don't think the league is on the level why do you follow it?
Old 02-06-2013, 10:46 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 5745

Quote:

Really?
So how will they fit the rapist into the next "story"?
Old 02-06-2013, 10:51 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Spicyweiner View Post
Really?
So how will they fit the rapist into the next "story"?
Ben came back from his suspension and went to the Super Bowl...where he was beaten by the "new best QB" Rodgers. That forwards the story quite well doesn't it?

Quote:
Old 02-06-2013, 10:58 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctfan73 View Post
Why would the NFL fix its own games? The league is hugely profitable regardless of who makes the playoffs or plays in the Super Bowl. It's absurd to think that they'd compromise the integrity of the league to bring in a few more bucks. If you don't think the league is on the level why do you follow it?
Not fixed...just "pushed". Greed is a horrible disease. If have a lot you want more.

One non call here...one holding on a big play that didn't get called all game...its not hard.

Do just enough to keep most games close. Keep the fans interested.

Ever notice how fans get up in arms when the Patriots run up the score? That's called publicity. Like a bad guy in wrestling getting good heat. The league eats that stuff up. So if the Patriots get away with a little more DPI and offensive holding then so be it. If they have to protect the "stars" a little more than so be it. Then come the playoffs or Super Bowl the "bad guy"...the guy who "cheated" always loses. Been that way since Gooodell took over. The 2nd best offense of all time scored 13 points in a playoff game...at home...this year. Really?

Again, the players still have to play and make plays...but I think the league knows what "stories" it wants out there.

Do they always get it that way? Probably not. Mistakes happen. But they know what they are doing.

Quote:
Old 02-06-2013, 11:22 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 5745

Quote:
Ben came back from his suspension and went to the Super Bowl...where he was beaten by the "new best QB" Rodgers. That forwards the story quite well doesn't it?
Was asking about 2013-14.
Didn't know a SB appearance could make a rapist into a non rapist.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:19 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Spicyweiner View Post
Was asking about 2013-14.
Didn't know a SB appearance could make a rapist into a non rapist.
It made a murderer into a non-murderer.

Of course Ben was never charged with anything let alone convicted...so there's that too.

Quote:
Old 02-06-2013, 12:46 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3700

Quote:
It made a murderer into a non-murderer.

Of course Ben was never charged with anything let alone convicted...so there's that too.
This is one reason I love to joke about Ray Lewis being a murderer...the amount of butthurt that comes from Ravens fans, if you even just mention it is quite hilarious
Old 02-06-2013, 01:19 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Not fixed...just "pushed". Greed is a horrible disease. If have a lot you want more.

One non call here...one holding on a big play that didn't get called all game...its not hard.

Do just enough to keep most games close. Keep the fans interested.

Ever notice how fans get up in arms when the Patriots run up the score? That's called publicity. Like a bad guy in wrestling getting good heat. The league eats that stuff up. So if the Patriots get away with a little more DPI and offensive holding then so be it. If they have to protect the "stars" a little more than so be it. Then come the playoffs or Super Bowl the "bad guy"...the guy who "cheated" always loses. Been that way since Gooodell took over. The 2nd best offense of all time scored 13 points in a playoff game...at home...this year. Really?

Again, the players still have to play and make plays...but I think the league knows what "stories" it wants out there.

Do they always get it that way? Probably not. Mistakes happen. But they know what they are doing.
So you're saying that the league instructs the referees how the games should go. How do they keep the refs from talking to the media about this? Do they pay them off? A ref. could write a book or magazine article about this and make millions.

Do you understand the damage it would do to the league if it came out that they're fixing the games. . The NFL has been the most profitable sports league for decades, they don't need to do this..

There will always be good story lines regardless of which teams do well. There's so much media covering the NFL that they can always find something to talk about.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:47 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
So you're saying that the league instructs the referees how the games should go. How do they keep the refs from talking to the media about this? Do they pay them off? A ref. could write a book or magazine article about this and make millions.

Do you understand the damage it would do to the league if it came out that they're fixing the games. . The NFL has been the most profitable sports league for decades, they don't need to do this..

There will always be good story lines regardless of which teams do well. There's so much media covering the NFL that they can always find something to talk about.
Games get fixed all the time. NBA? College football?

One gets caught here and there.

But I'm saying the Chiefs are playing the Ravens...in KC...refs know this should be a romp but they let a little holding go for KC and call the Raven DB's a little tighter on the DPI. You get a closer game.

Maybe not a fixed result...but "controlled".

Protect the "stars" by calling anything close to a personal foul and getting the players to back off them a bit.

Seven officials on the field did not throw one flag for holding on the last play for the Ravens. Now it wouldn't have affect the result of the play, but not one flag was thrown at all to even show they SAW the holding.

They are either, incompetent, blind or stupid. Or they didn't care if the punter ran around for an extra few second because they had the result they wanted.

Quote:
Old 02-06-2013, 02:40 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Games get fixed all the time. NBA? College football?

One gets caught here and there.

But I'm saying the Chiefs are playing the Ravens...in KC...refs know this should be a romp but they let a little holding go for KC and call the Raven DB's a little tighter on the DPI. You get a closer game.

Maybe not a fixed result...but "controlled".

Protect the "stars" by calling anything close to a personal foul and getting the players to back off them a bit.

Seven officials on the field did not throw one flag for holding on the last play for the Ravens. Now it wouldn't have affect the result of the play, but not one flag was thrown at all to even show they SAW the holding.

They are either, incompetent, blind or stupid. Or they didn't care if the punter ran around for an extra few second because they had the result they wanted.
First of all there's no difference between 'controlled' and 'fixed', any degree of outside influence is fixing.

I'm not saying fixing can't happen, but not from the league itself. There was an NBA ref a few years ago who got into debt gambling and was shaving points. It didn't come from the league. Please give me an example of a major sports league instructing the refs to influence the outcome.

Please explain how the league conducts this and gets away with it. Someone would spill the beans and get rich doing so.

I like how you use the KC/Balt game as an example. How could keeping this game close benefit the league? They negotiate rights fees with the networks years in advance, the profits are built in. Do you think someone hands the league more money 'cause games are closer? Plenty of games are blowouts.

By your logic you can take almost any scenario and say 'see the league wanted that to happen' Close game, they wanted that. A blowout win by the Pats, they wanted that. A popular player or coach goes far in the playoffs, they wanted that. Totally absurd.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:52 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
First of all there's no difference between 'controlled' and 'fixed', any degree of outside influence is fixing.

I'm not saying fixing can't happen, but not from the league itself. There was an NBA ref a few years ago who got into debt gambling and was shaving points. It didn't come from the league. Please give me an example of a major sports league instructing the refs to influence the outcome.

Please explain how the league conducts this and gets away with it. Someone would spill the beans and get rich doing so.

I like how you use the KC/Balt game as an example. How could keeping this game close benefit the league? They negotiate rights fees with the networks years in advance, the profits are built in. Do you think someone hands the league more money 'cause games are closer? Plenty of games are blowouts.

By your logic you can take almost any scenario and say 'see the league wanted that to happen' Close game, they wanted that. A blowout win by the Pats, they wanted that. A popular player or coach goes far in the playoffs, they wanted that. Totally absurd.
Fixed implies the results are set. Controlled means they'd like it to go a certain way but they aren't in control of the entire event. A WR can drop a pass and screw the whole thing up.

Its not about money from the networks...its about interest from the fans. Fans buy stuff and they watch the networks. And the networks make money on the deal too... especially when the viewership is high. I think networks are quite happy when games are close and viewership stays high through an entire game vs a blow out.

And they don't have to do it with every game and every team.

If I had concrete proof it wouldn't be my theory but a fact.

You don't have to believe it. I was simply responding with my theory on the league and how its ran.

Quote: