Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:01 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8882
Default Re: Needs to be replace, but won't be. Will be replaced, but doesn't need to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
No way will Mike Brown pay him what he'll ask, nor should he since he's not an elite tackle.
The market may not give Smith a huge contract.

I predict some team offers MJ an insane contract.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:24 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1384
Default Re: Needs to be replace, but won't be. Will be replaced, but doesn't need to be.

Needs to be replaced: Chris Crocker. As fans, it has been so many years since we've had really good Safety play that we've forgotten what it is and so has this coachig staff that they can pull him off the street and make him a starter and our best option. Draft a kid inside the first 3 rds and be done with it. We need someone who is intelligent and can run; a CF type. Not some idiot that hits his own teammates and is no where in the picture when you see a WR headed into the end zone for a TD. I realize Crocker has maybe been a Godsend of sorts based on what we have on this roster, but time to go get a guy that it the answer for the next 10 yrs and quit fiddling with these undrafted free agents, castoffs and 6th rders that are totally lacking in certain skills to play the position
Old 02-03-2013, 04:47 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645

Quote:
No way will Mike Brown pay him what he'll ask, nor should he since he's not an elite tackle.
He was the best RT in the NFL this season...
Old 02-03-2013, 05:33 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 536

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker View Post
Needs to be replaced: Chris Crocker. As fans, it has been so many years since we've had really good Safety play that we've forgotten what it is and so has this coachig staff that they can pull him off the street and make him a starter and our best option. Draft a kid inside the first 3 rds and be done with it. We need someone who is intelligent and can run; a CF type. Not some idiot that hits his own teammates and is no where in the picture when you see a WR headed into the end zone for a TD. I realize Crocker has maybe been a Godsend of sorts based on what we have on this roster, but time to go get a guy that it the answer for the next 10 yrs and quit fiddling with these undrafted free agents, castoffs and 6th rders that are totally lacking in certain skills to play the position
Our secondary started playing better when Crocker came back into the lineup. He may not start next year, but I'm betting he's on the team. I'm hoping we lost Tayor Mays.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:50 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
The market may not give Smith a huge contract.

I predict some team offers MJ an insane contract.
MJ will get tagged and smith will sign a big deal with us no one can pay him more than us
who needs to be replaced but wont......rey mualaga
who wont be replaced but needs to be....... kyle cook
Old 02-03-2013, 10:25 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8882

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymad View Post
MJ will get tagged and smith will sign a big deal with us no one can pay him more than us
who needs to be replaced but wont......rey mualaga
who wont be replaced but needs to be....... kyle cook
Tagging MJ isn't the great solution everyone makes it out to be because next year MJ, Dunlap, and Atkins are all free agents then.

If we can extend 2 of the its OK...but we didn't extend MJ or Smith.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:14 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 378

I'm going to change your question around a little because "replaced" should mean "position upgraded"

Will be replaced but not upgraded - Andre Smith

Will not be upgraded but should be - Marvin Jones and #2 WR spot

Top priorities in my mind for upgrade:

- RB, LB, WR, Safety, and Guard/Center

Allowing myself 2 above average FA, I would shoot for the RB (Reggie Bush) and the Safety (Gholston). Take the LB, WR, and G/C in the first two rounds. Resign Andre. Let's go.

And No Frickin Way would I waste a 4th or 5th Round Draft Choice on a QB. There are millions of backup FA QBs out there.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:41 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
Tagging MJ isn't the great solution everyone makes it out to be because next year MJ, Dunlap, and Atkins are all free agents then.

If we can extend 2 of the its OK...but we didn't extend MJ or Smith.
MJ will not be allowed to hit the open market, we will be talking extensions with all of our guys geno, carlos, MJ, and smith, they'll most likely resign rey rey to
Old 02-05-2013, 12:37 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9008

marvin lewis
mike zimmer
4th Tony Washington LB
4th Quandre Diggs CB
5th Eric Lefeld T
5th Corey Crawford DE
6th Adrian Amos S
7th Tre McBride WR
2014 draft
1st Deone Bucannon S
2nd Cyrus Kouandjio T
3rd Pierre Desir CB
UDFA Keith Smith LB
UDFA Austin Franklin WR
UDFA Dede Lattimore LB
UDFA Jerome Smith RB
UDFA Chaz Sutton DE
UDFA Josh Stewart WR
UDFA Avery Patterson CB
UDFA Antonio Andrews RB
Old 02-05-2013, 01:13 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9504

At the top of everyones list.

Old 02-05-2013, 01:16 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinghost View Post
He was the best RT in the NFL this season...
Not in max protect he wasn't. No way, no how.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:28 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25890

Quote:
Not in max protect he wasn't. No way, no how.
Lol.
He has been a top 5 RT for two years now.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:33 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
Lol.
Tops on the scales maybe...not worth the money his agent of the month will be asking.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:35 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Tops on the scales maybe...not worth the money his agent of the month will be asking.
more baseless trashing of Andre! Hooray!
Whatever man.

Why would anyone want to play here? you play at a top 5 talent level and butthurting fans still just take cheap pot shots at a guy.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:41 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
more baseless trashing of Andre! Hooray!
Whatever man.

Why would anyone want to play here? you play at a top 5 talent level and butthurting fans still just take cheap pot shots at a guy.
I guess that's why the club offered him...oh wait, they haven't.

Not like he came in lazy, overweight, or gives up embarrassing sacks...couldn't be the sharpest knife in the drawer, boarding a flight with a cap gun.

Wave bye to him, he's as good as gone...hopefully the piano man goes with him.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:45 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
I guess that's why the club offered him...oh wait, they haven't.

Not like he came in lazy, overweight, or gives up embarrassing sacks...couldn't be the sharpest knife in the drawer, boarding a flight with a cap gun.

Wave bye to him, he's as good as gone...hopefully the piano man goes with him.
This is my favorite post ever. Pure ignorance throughout.
Good riddance.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:50 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
This is my favorite post ever. Pure ignorance throughout.
Good riddance.
Yep, walking thru airport security with a .38 is pure ignorance.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:54 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Yep, walking thru airport security with a .38 is pure ignorance.
And so is making up **** about Andre.
Like you have done.

Fact is he has been in shape the last 2 years and played like a top 5 RT in the NFL.
But please, keep holding petty **** and injuries from his first 2 years against him.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:02 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
And so is making up **** about Andre.
Like you have done.

Fact is he has been in shape the last 2 years and played like a top 5 RT in the NFL.
But please, keep holding petty **** and injuries from his first 2 years against him.
Yeah, watching DE's and LB's run around him like a Frisch's Big Boy statue, while Dalton is running for his life is all made up...not like we have video to watch him whiff in max protect.

Every play is not a run off tackle.

Sorry, but it's pretty clear Mikey is not paying over market value on your man crush.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:04 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Yeah, watching DE's and LB's run around him like a Frisch's Big Boy statue, while Dalton is running for his life is all made up...not like we have video to watch him whiff in max protect.

Every play is not a run off tackle.

Sorry, but it's pretty clear Mikey is not paying over market value on your man crush.
Lol.
Did he take your mom out to a nice steak dinner and never call her again?

Seriously. He had 2 bad games all year. 1 against Von Miller who gives everyone a bad game. 1 against Brandon Graham. But even then, he wasn't our worst OL that game.

Meanwhile he continues to virtually blank the rest. But let's ignore that.
And let's ignore how good we were running right of center this year.

I think you are being bitter here and attributing other players mistakes (RB, Gresh and Zeitler) to him out of anger.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:14 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4233

Quote:
Lol.
I'm just saying the same source where you get your top 5 ranking (assuming PFF) for Andre has the Jets as the 3rd best offensive line. They gave up 47 sacks and averaged 3.8ypc on the ground.

I love Andre. And was all about picking him when we did. I was one of his biggest supporters before we even drafted him. I would love him to stay. But if we pay our RT premium LT money that is going to put a hurting on us when it comes time to re-up Dalton, AJ, Atkins, Dunlap etc...

If he wants to keep getting paid like that rookie contract paid him then I'm afraid it may be time to move on.

It will be interesting to see how it works out. Because there are a lot of good tackles hitting the market. I'm hoping that drives down the price. But then again if he sees Clady, Jake Long, and Albert getting mega contracts he might end up asking for more.

If Jeff Otah could pass a physical I would sign him right now just as insurance.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:16 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Lol.
Did he take your mom out to a nice steak dinner and never call her again?

Seriously. He had 2 bad games all year. 1 against Von Miller who gives everyone a bad game. 1 against Brandon Graham. But even then, he wasn't our worst OL that game.

Meanwhile he continues to virtually blank the rest. But let's ignore that.
And let's ignore how good we were running right of center this year.

I think you are being bitter here and attributing other players mistakes (RB, Gresh and Zeitler) to him out of anger.
Not unless he's into necrophilia.

He lets his man thru WAY more than a tackle who should collect elite dollars for RT. Too slow and is beaten fairly easily with speed.

His two bad games were a little more than bad, more like MIA.

Actually if I was going to single out complete ineptitude, I'd point out Cook and his piano man who insists on playing him, Alexander is the MAIN REASON, our line play gets blown up by the top teams in the league.

Again, Mikey not going to match the high $ offers, he'd prefer the comp.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:26 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATI BENGALS View Post
I'm just saying the same source where you get your top 5 ranking (assuming PFF) for Andre has the Jets as the 3rd best offensive line. They gave up 47 sacks and averaged 3.8ypc on the ground.

I love Andre. And was all about picking him when we did. I was one of his biggest supporters before we even drafted him. I would love him to stay. But if we pay our RT premium LT money that is going to put a hurting on us when it comes time to re-up Dalton, AJ, Atkins, Dunlap etc...

If he wants to keep getting paid like that rookie contract paid him then I'm afraid it may be time to move on.

It will be interesting to see how it works out. Because there are a lot of good tackles hitting the market. I'm hoping that drives down the price. But then again if he sees Clady, Jake Long, and Albert getting mega contracts he might end up asking for more.

If Jeff Otah could pass a physical I would sign him right now just as insurance.
Stop. No one of importance has said he is going to want a top LT contract. It is pure fan paranoia at this point. He is a RT and will get paid like the top RT.

Quote:
Not unless he's into necrophilia.

He lets his man thru WAY more than a tackle who should collect elite dollars for RT. Too slow and is beaten fairly easily with speed.

His two bad games were a little more than bad, more like MIA.

Actually if I was going to single out complete ineptitude, I'd point out Cook and his piano man who insists on playing him, Alexander is the MAIN REASON, our line play gets blown up by the top teams in the league.

Again, Mikey not going to match the high $ offers, he'd prefer the comp.
No he doesn't.
Blind hate.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:30 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Stop. No one of importance has said he is going to want a top LT contract. It is pure fan paranoia at this point. He is a RT and will get paid like the top RT.

No he doesn't.
Blind hate.
More like overpaid by another franchise...mark it down.

Video doesn't lie.
Mikey not matching any ridiculous offer.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:31 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
More like overpaid by another franchise...mark it down.

Video doesn't lie.
Mikey not matching any ridiculous offer.
Who started this whole ridiculous contract ****? Who?
Just pull it out of your ***?

He is a RT. He will get paid like a top RT.
somewhere around 7-9 per year.