Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 02-05-2013, 01:38 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6466
Default Re: Needs to be replace, but won't be. Will be replaced, but doesn't need to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
Who started this whole ridiculous contract ****? Who?
Just pull it out of your ***?

He is a RT. He will get paid like a top RT.
somewhere around 7-9 per year.

You're right, somewhere, just not here.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:40 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20621
Default Re: Needs to be replace, but won't be. Will be replaced, but doesn't need to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
You're right, somewhere, just not here.
Based on? You're irrational hatred for him?
Mike Brown's history of paying his offensive tackles?
Ooops......
Old 02-05-2013, 01:45 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Based on? You're irrational hatred for him?
Mike Brown's history of paying his offensive tackles?
Ooops......
Try based on the team not picking up his option on the cheap. Why would they pay way more for the same player they wouldn't even sign for less?

Try Mike Brown's history of being cheap...you must be fairly young, Mikey would already have him if he wanted him, and he sure as hell is not going to overpay for RT.

MJ will get tagged.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:47 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Try based on the team not picking up his option on the cheap. Why would they pay way more for the same player they wouldn't even sign for less?

Try Mike Brown's history of being cheap...you must be fairly young, Mikey would already have him if he wanted him, and he sure as hell is not going to overpay for RT.

MJ will get tagged.
He hadn't earned it yet. He earned it.

Lol. Just like no way we make Levi the highest paid LT? Or Willie a top paid RT?
Keep trying.

You are still yet to supply me with proof of his outlandish salary demands other than you pulled them out of your ***.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:54 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:

Lol. Just like no way we make Levi the highest paid LT? Or Willie a top paid RT?
Keep trying.

You are still yet to supply me with proof of his outlandish salary demands other than you pulled them out of your ***.
He hasn't earned squat protecting the QB...nothing but an overweight road grater who can only excel at run blocking, but will be overpaid by someone who thinks they're getting a 1st round talent.

How did Levi work out? Not exactly a prolific example.

When was I bequest with the requirement to prove anything to you and your continued fetish comments for specific male body parts. Can you not make a point without it?
Old 02-05-2013, 02:00 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
He hasn't earned squat protecting the QB...nothing but an overweight road grater who can only excel at run blocking, but will be overpaid by someone who thinks they're getting a 1st round talent.

How did Levi work out? Not exactly a prolific example.

When was I bequest with the requirement to prove anything to you and your continued fetish comments for specific male body parts. Can you not make a point without it?
Seriously. You are blowing this way out of proportion. He stonewalled the right side.

He worked out fine before his injury. Not sure how that factors in.

Genitalia.
Got that proof or are you going to keep avoiding it because it doesn't exist?
Old 02-05-2013, 02:07 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Seriously. You are blowing this way out of proportion. He stonewalled the right side.

He worked out fine before his injury. Not sure how that factors in.

Genitalia.
Got that proof or are you going to keep avoiding it because it doesn't exist?
He was injured before we signed him for starters, seeing as our medical staff is as competent as our O-line coach.

He goes thru agents like Tic Tac's, of course that has no bearing now does it.

You honestly think Mike Brown is going to go past 10 mill for a RT with below average pass protection skills in a WCO who doesn't have time to throw a 10 yard route half the time, particularly when he knows he could have been had for far less, and underwhelmed in prior years.

The proof is coming in the next few weeks.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:10 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
He was injured before we signed him for starters, seeing as our medical staff is as competent as our O-line coach.

He goes thru agents like Tic Tac's, of course that has no bearing now does it.

You honestly think Mike Brown is going to go past 10 mill for a RT with below average pass protection skills in a WCO who doesn't have time to throw a 10 yard route half the time, particularly when he knows he could have been had for far less, and underwhelmed in prior years.
jesus almighty
Give me the proof he wants over 10 million or that anyone would offer a RT over 10 million.
That is all. Keep your halfbaked stories to yourself.

And yeah, him changing agents has zero to do with his contract demands.

So, where is this mythical proof that he wants 10+ per year.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:20 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
jesus almighty
Give me the proof he wants over 10 million or that anyone would offer a RT over 10 million.
That is all. Keep your halfbaked stories to yourself.

And yeah, him changing agents has zero to do with his contract demands.

So, where is this mythical proof that he wants 10+ per year.
LOL - Do you live in Missouri or are you just that hung up on fat under performers who allow our QB to be mauled?

Mythical? You mean what agents think their clients are worth, not like a RT has ever been signed to that kind of $ as a precedent, or is your boy not that good.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:22 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4111

Quote:

Keep trying.

You just said yourself 7-9mil. Pulling numbers out the arse. The franchise tag number is 9.6mil for OL. The average of the 5 highest paid guys (most likely LTs). 9 mil is big money for RTs.

I want him back but it is risky paying that much for a RT. If I had confidence he could play LT when Whit hangs it up I would feel better about it.

Sure would be nice if we could get him back for a Whit like 5 year 31 million dollar contract.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:22 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
LOL - Do you live in Missouri or are you just that hung up on fat under performers who allow our QB to be mauled?

Mythical? You mean what agents think their clients are worth, not like a RT has ever been signed to that kind of $ as a precedent, or is your boy not that good.
That's what I thought.
You are just upset with Andre for some reason.

I'm done. Find someone else to troll.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:23 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATI BENGALS View Post
You just said yourself 7-9mil. Pulling numbers out the arse. The franchise tag number is 9.6mil for OL. The average of the 5 highest paid guys (most likely LTs). 9 mil is big money for RTs.

I want him back but it is risky paying that much for a RT. If I had confidence he could play LT when Whit hangs it up I would feel better about it.

Sure would be nice if we could get him back for a Whit like 5 year 31 million dollar contract.
Yes for OL which includes LT.
But 7-8 is fair for a top RT in the NFL right now.
It is not unreasonable to think that one of the best young tackles could get that.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:28 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
That's what I thought.
You are just upset with Andre for some reason.

I'm done. Find someone else to troll.
Ok, bye, and that's what I thought.

He's not worth tagging and will likely want more than that, and he's not worth it much based on a single year of one dimensional success.

Put that coin towards someone who can pick up a blitz or a versatile player who can move around for that kind of $.

Bengals could have picked up his option for two years at 3.4 and said tanks but no tanks.

Last edited by Rattler; 02-05-2013 at 02:31 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:36 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Ok, bye, and that's what I thought.

He's not worth tagging and will likely want more than that, and he's not worth it much based on a single year of one dimensional success.

Put that coin towards someone who can pick up a blitz or a versatile player who can move around for that kind of $.

Bengals could have picked up his option for two years at 3.4 and said tanks but no tanks.
The option would have added on 17mil over two years.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:39 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
The option would have added on 17mil over two years.
Not according to Reedy.

Smith originally signed a six-year deal worth $42 million with $21 million guaranteed. However there was a two-year option that the Bengals had to pick up by August 19
if the contract was going to be six years. Instead it's now a four-year deal with expected an expected salary of $490,000 in 2011 and $1,083,750 in 2012.

Smith was due another $3,427,500 in 2013 and 2014 combined.

I think he already made off with most of that in guaranteed money. Like you mentioned before, Whitworth is getting up there, rather see us toss a pile of $ at someone who
can play LT and pass block.

Last edited by Rattler; 02-05-2013 at 02:47 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:49 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Not according to Reedy.

Smith originally signed a six-year deal worth $42 million with $21 million guaranteed. However there was a two-year option that the Bengals had to pick up by August 19
if the contract was going to be six years. Instead it's now a four-year deal with expected an expected salary of $490,000 in 2011 and $1,083,750 in 2012.

Smith was due another $3,427,500 in 2013 and 2014 combined.

I think he already made off with most of that in guaranteed money. Like you mentioned before, Whitworth is getting up there, rather see us toss a pile of $ at someone who
can play LT and pass block.
Well this other Joe Reedy wrote

"Had the Bengals extended Smith’s contract, he would have earned a $4.75 million option bonus with base salaries of $3.5 million in 2013 and $8 million in ‘14."

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/...at-four-years/

16.25 total. Not quite the 17 I said. I got that from

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/e...75988/31422097
Old 02-05-2013, 02:56 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Well this other Joe Reedy wrote

"Had the Bengals extended Smith’s contract, he would have earned a $4.75 million option bonus with base salaries of $3.5 million in 2013 and $8 million in ‘14."

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/...at-four-years/

16.25 total. Not quite the 17 I said. I got that from

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/e...75988/31422097
They must have gotten it wrong in this link then:

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2011/8/19...-smiths-option

I thought the $3,427,500 for 2013 and 2014 combined didn't include the guaranteed money and/or bonus $.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:36 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
They must have gotten it wrong in this link then:

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2011/8/19...-smiths-option

I thought the $3,427,500 for 2013 and 2014 combined didn't include the guaranteed money and/or bonus $.
Josh Kirkendall is missing a lot in that piece. Because Andre cost us 17mil over these past two years.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnat...s/andre-smith/

That pre rookie wage scale 6th overall contract was expensive.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:44 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7428

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalRugby View Post
Predict one Bengal who you think needs to be replaced as a starter, call it 3 deep for WR's and CB's, but will not be. Then flip the tables and name a player who doesn't need to be replaced, but will be.

Brandon Tate. Many boneheaded mistakes in fielding kicks, costing the Bengals many yards, yet somehow his is not in Simmon's doghouse. I see this as an indictment of the Bengals ST coach as well, for the record, for trotting Tate out there constantly in spite of not knowing where to back up to and still field a kick and knowing when to let it sail over your head.

Doesn't need replaced, but will be? Nugent. Do not misunderstand, I think he isn't the best kicker in the world, but Brown's small sample is too small a body of work to simply move on from Mike. Plus imagine the hypocrisy presented in cutting lose a starter like the Nuge for a street free agent, yet allowing Cook to start over Robinson, or Maualuga to start over a practice pylon?

Agree with Tate, disagree with the Nuge. He wasnt that good this year, and his injury was a blessing in disguise.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:00 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9973

Needs replaced but won't be: Kyle Cook

Doesn't need replaced but will be: Clint Boling

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 02-05-2013, 02:20 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawless_1 View Post
Needs replaced but won't be: Kyle Cook

Doesn't need replaced but will be: Clint Boling
Agreed.

We need to bundle Cook with his line coach and make it a double dump.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:11 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4231

I will be shocked if Andre is offered more money than Whitworth.

Whit is scheduled to make about 5 mil per for the rest of his contract.

It seems the Bengals view Whit as a leader and respect him and probably wouldn't want to upset him by paying their 2nd best tackle more money.

I doubt Andre gets that here.

More than likely they will put Collins in there and/or draft a RT.

Maybe sign a cheaper vet like Gosder Cherilus.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:16 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardner30 View Post
I will be shocked if Andre is offered more money than Whitworth.

Whit is scheduled to make about 5 mil per for the rest of his contract.

It seems the Bengals view Whit as a leader and respect him and probably wouldn't want to upset him by paying their 2nd best tackle more money.

I doubt Andre gets that here.

More than likely they will put Collins in there and/or draft a RT.

Maybe sign a cheaper vet like Gosder Cherilus.
Invalid comparison. Whit was a few months shy of 30 when he signed his.
Andre is 26.

Also, I dont think Whit would give a rat's *** if it helps the team win