Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 02-04-2013, 02:33 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7761
Default Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoMorph View Post
Me too you on xbox? you can PM me your gamer tag...
Sorry, I'm on PS3.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 02-04-2013, 02:50 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 32168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Sorry, I'm on PS3.
No Problem ill still be able to fill up a 4 player co-op game.

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 02-04-2013, 03:55 PM
VIP Platinum Member

And cause its awesome

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry

Last edited by XenoMorph; 02-04-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:36 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
And cause its awesome

I was just wondering, is a Bishop Android going to be in this game? I mean Alien 3 showed that there were multiple Bishop models so I think it would be cool to see Bishop in this game.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

Old 02-05-2013, 09:16 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
I was just wondering, is a Bishop Android going to be in this game? I mean Alien 3 showed that there were multiple Bishop models so I think it would be cool to see Bishop in this game.
Yes Sir. bishop the Andriod (Artifical Person) will be in this game. I believe the Bishop model (with the use of the founder's face) was the most successful Whalyen Andriod. And one will be with your crew in this new game. it is standard company proceedure after all

Quote:
Henriksen reprises his role as the android Bishop and takes on the new one of sinister antagonist Michael Weyland in Aliens: Colonial Marines. For Henriksen it's been both interesting and rewarding to bring back on the android, or as Henriksen prefers "artificial person," a character he hasn't touched on in over 25 years.

"I've been to conventions and so many young marines come up to me and tell me that they saw Aliens when they were little and that inspired them to become a marine." Henriksen said. "It's really something."
http://www.polygon.com/2012/10/14/35...y-alien-3-says

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 02-05-2013, 10:34 AM
VIP Platinum Member

1 Week until Release..... (less than for the midnight shoppers)

^^didnt know that refered to an actual weapon NICE.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 02-05-2013, 10:59 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3302

I have not seen any reviews for this game. Just due to finances being tight (and me purchasing a car) kinda weary about going out and blowing money on a game. Hopefully reviews come back stating that it has both a solid campaign and online. If it's an 8.5 (consistent) then I'll most likely purchase it. The other problem then comes to...on what system? X360 or my beloved gaming computer?
Old 02-05-2013, 11:18 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Crusader View Post
I have not seen any reviews for this game. Just due to finances being tight (and me purchasing a car) kinda weary about going out and blowing money on a game. Hopefully reviews come back stating that it has both a solid campaign and online. If it's an 8.5 (consistent) then I'll most likely purchase it. The other problem then comes to...on what system? X360 or my beloved gaming computer?
IGN has a video with 2 hrs of gameplay. I haven't watched it since I want to be surprised by everything but if you want to here's a link.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Old 02-05-2013, 11:20 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Dude dont listen to reviews to buy a game.... Unless your trying to decide what 10$ bargin bin game to grab. There are many that dont care for the aliens universe in general and will review the game poorly. there are many that will give it a bad grade simply because its not call of duty.

This game is being made by the makers of Boarderlands. With full access to the Fox Aliens archives and directors to make it as cannon as possible.. Its a cant miss for fans of the series.

But if you dont have the money there are things in life more important than games. lol. (at least thats what they tell me)

I have played and loved many a game that received poor reviews. (some justly and some unjustly...) and there are many games i dislike that receive 9 or above ratings like almost all the newer call of duties.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry

Last edited by XenoMorph; 02-05-2013 at 11:22 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:22 AM
VIP Silver Member

It is hard to be impressed by what I see. It looks like reused visuals from the failed AvP game. I do like the accuracy in the source material, but thus far meh.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:25 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Dude dont listen to reviews to buy a game.... Unless your trying to decide what 10$ bargin bin game to grab. There are many that dont care for the aliens universe in general and will review the game poorly. there are many that will give it a bad grade simply because its not call of duty.

This game is being made by the makers of Boarderlands. With full access to the Fox Aliens archives and directors to make it as cannon as possible.. Its a cant miss for fans of the series.

But if you dont have the money there are things in life more important than games. lol. (at least thats what they tell me)

I have played and loved many a game that received poor reviews. (some justly and some unjustly...) and there are many games i dislike that receive 9 or above ratings like almost all the newer call of duties.
It is VERY rare that things are more important than video games. However, the emergence of my brand new car (yay me) as well as my new lady friend (yay, again, I guess (haha)). I find myself trying to stop myself from spending money, in which I continuously do. I wanted to get FarCry 3, and did not get it. The same with NBA 2K13, Forza Horizon, and a few others. I love the Alien franchise, and this will definitely be hard to pass up. I MIGHT RedBox it, and then go from there. Some games I will purchase without reviews (GTA, Halo, Madden, etc) but games that I do not plan for (This, FarCry, etc) I lean on reviews to push me through a purchase.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:26 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
It is hard to be impressed by what I see. It looks like reused visuals from the failed AvP game. I do like the accuracy in the source material, but thus far meh.
Not made by the same company or same programmers... This group has some guys from the Gears Franchise and Boarderlands franchise.

Its not on the same engine as AvP which was made by rebellion. But theres not much difference in the way aliens or marines look between the games because thats how they look.

biggest things they have in common is being Published by Sega. and being set in the same universe.

Im sure not everyone will enjoy it... And you have time to decide as there are 4 planned DLC's after launch.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 02-05-2013, 11:28 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Im sure not everyone will enjoy it... And you have time to decide as there are 4 planned DLC's after launch.
Now that is a damn good thing.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:42 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Now that is a damn good thing.
no as far as PC vs Xbox goes i couldnt tell you I go xbox but thats because my PC is old.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 02-05-2013, 11:45 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
no as far as PC vs Xbox goes i couldnt tell you I go xbox but thats because my PC is old.
I watched a lot of the gameplay videos. I'm really behind on this game. I need to re-read up on it. Personally, it is far from as attractive as it COULD be and I'm not a fan of the Alien movement. We'll see. I'm a hard customer.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:55 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
I watched a lot of the gameplay videos. I'm really behind on this game. I need to re-read up on it. Personally, it is far from as attractive as it COULD be and I'm not a fan of the Alien movement. We'll see. I'm a hard customer.
No problem I am an Alien Fanactic.... so ill forgive it some flaws.

So far the biggest thing that is of concern to me is lack of Acid splash damage to structures or the player. It could be something that havent shown off in the video or they were playing on easy where it doesnt cause damage. But hopefully its in there. (although acid damage on nightmare difficulty will be a *****)

but overall game play looks awesome both single player and multiplayer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=r5AoxeljVqs

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 02-05-2013, 11:58 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
No problem I am an Alien Fanactic.... so ill forgive it some flaws.

So far the biggest thing that is of concern to me is lack of Acid splash damage to structures or the player. It could be something that havent shown off in the video or they were playing on easy where it doesnt cause damage. But hopefully its in there. (although acid damage on nightmare difficulty will be a *****)

but overall game play looks awesome both single player and multiplayer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=r5AoxeljVqs
That's one thing that would've been hella cool is the acid splash damage to the player as well as environment.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:05 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
That's one thing that would've been hella cool is the acid splash damage to the player as well as environment.
yeah so far thats my biggest complaint and im not even sure its not in there. i just havent seen it.. now they do have acid damage on some of the screens and sets ive seen but its looks to be there a head of time and not done in real time.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 02-05-2013, 01:36 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Well there will be Acid Blood damange.... To what extent im not sure At least from a Downed Alien in MP...

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 02-05-2013, 01:40 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3274

Quote:
Well there will be Acid Blood damange.... To what extent im not sure At least from a Downed Alien in MP...
I am pretty sure one of the classes as the alien is called a "boiler"(?) but they can explode and spray acid everywhere.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:48 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17190

Quote:
Its a non-Sonic Sega game.

Obviously it'll be 8.5 or higher.

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 02-05-2013, 01:55 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquapod770 View Post
I am pretty sure one of the classes as the alien is called a "boiler"(?) but they can explode and spray acid everywhere.
Yeah i dont know its abilities yet.. But there are at least 6 alien classes. and they have Upgradable spots like perks i guess.

But

Lurker... Fast agile low health
Warrior...
Crusher
Boiler
Spitter

are the ones i know

Boiler description
Quote:
Though the Boiler resembles an ordinary Xenomorph Soldier, its body is horribly deformed and possesses fragile exterior armor, making them quite vulnerable to attacks. Despite lacking any strong physical feature, the Boilers possess multiple pustules covering their entire body. Each pustule contain the Xenomorph's acidic blood. The Boilers use a kamikaze-like method of attack by approaching an enemy as near as they can and cause themselves to self-destruct, showering their enemies in acid.
additionally aliens will be played from 3rd person...

(i guess a big complaint from AvP was the first person alien view when wall climbing... I understand but after a while you got used to it.)

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry

Last edited by XenoMorph; 02-05-2013 at 02:00 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:10 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Yeah i dont know its abilities yet.. But there are at least 6 alien classes. and they have Upgradable spots like perks i guess.

But

Warrior...
Crusher
Boiler
Spitter

are the ones i know

Boiler description

(i guess a big complaint from AvP was the first person alien view when wall climbing... I understand but after a while you got used to it.)

I saw the 3rd person, again, not really fans of their movements. It would've been cool if they did (maybe they DID do this) but brought on the people who did the Alien suits for any of the recent Alien films and captured their movements accordingly. For whatever reason, the movements do not look authentic to me and it is driving me insane.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:11 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:

But

Warrior...
Crusher
Boiler
Spitter

are the ones i know

Boiler description

That's 5, is the Drone 6?

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Old 02-05-2013, 02:18 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
That's 5, is the Drone 6?
I dont know i read an article that said there were 6 or maybe it was 6 upgradable spots on each...

The crusher is a special...

How fun would a face hugger be??? lol

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry