Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:13 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 212
Default Re: Running Backs 2.0

I'm guessing somebody grabs Lattimore between the end of the 1st and late in the 2nd, although of course the various teams will have doctors prodding at him before the draft and will have medical info we don't have. But if I'm wrong and Lattimore is still there in the 3rd, I think the Bengals should draft him, put him on IR for the year if/when he needs it, and go with BJGE and another draft pick for 2013. In essence they'd be banking a 3rd round pick that became a 1st round tailback next year.

It would be pretty surprising if Lattimore is still there in the 4th or 5th, barring some consensus medical opinion that his career is over. It only takes one team reasoning the same way I just did to take him.

So I think the Bengals would be fortunate if they came out with:

1: (best player available)
2a: Barnard
2b: Lattimore.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:44 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13650

Quote:
Originally Posted by et2house View Post
Some of those guys have been weighed and measured at the senior bowl and shrine game, which does not match wherever you got their sizes from:

Stefan Taylor not 5'11" 208 but 5'9" 216

Kenjon Barner not 5'11" 195 but 5'9" 188

Andre Ellington not 5'10" 190 but 5'9" 197

Zac Stacy not 5'9" 210 but 5'8" 215

Also a couple pounds off on Gillislee and Franklin.

I imagine once the combine happens more of the measurables will change.
Don't worry, they will change again between now and the combine.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:18 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 55

JOSEPH RANDLE will be our RB pick! Pick 37.

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/joseph-randle

He's the best back in the draft! Excellent hands and runs well between the tackles which would benefit him in our tough division! After contact he always falls forward. Good speed and lowers his shoulder upon contact! 6'1 and 200 lbs. I expect with weight training and nutrition he will easily become 215lbs!

Our future FEATURE BACK! I GUARANTEE he will be a BENGAL! Welcome to the JUNGLE JOE!

Last edited by Houston Bengal; 01-27-2013 at 11:22 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:38 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 55

He's the best back in the draft! Excellent hands and runs well between the tackles which would benefit him in our tough division! After contact he always falls forward. Good speed and lowers his shoulder upon contact! 6'1 and 200 lbs. I expect with weight training and nutrition he will easily become 215lbs!

Our future FEATURE BACK! I GUARANTEE he will be a BENGAL! Welcome to the JUNGLE JOE!

Old 01-28-2013, 12:46 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Bengal View Post

Deja Vu.

singersongwriterrocknroll
Old 01-28-2013, 09:59 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinabengalfanguy View Post
Now that the season is over there has been some change in the order of running back possibilities.

Giovanni Bernard North Carolina 5'10" 205 lbs. (2nd): After Marcus Lattimore's horrific knee injury there's no one that I like in the first, but there are a couple shooting up to my liking with our picks in the second round and Bernard (who wasn't even mentioned originally) is now my favorite on the board. I didn't know too much about him plus he was a sophomore so I didn't really expect him to declare at the time.
Bernard has a good blend of speed and power that makes him look like a featured back in the NFL. He has also been insanely consistent throughout his career including scoring a touchdown in every game he played this past year. He has the softest hands of the top prospects and to me is the most well rounded running back in the class. My biggest concern with him is durability as he has missed a few games with minor injuries, but nothing so bad as to scare me away from drafting him.

Eddie Lacy Alabama 6'0" 220 lbs. (2nd): Lacy is probably the biggest riser out of the names I mentioned the first time around. Then I thought of him as more of a number 2 power runner option only. Since then he's shown enough speed to go with his strength to make me think he has a shot at being a featured back in the NFL. Him tearing my bulldogs apart was probably the biggest reason in his rise, not to mention dominating Notre Dame.
While not fast, but fast enough Lacy has the great strength I like to see in our backfield. I really kind of see a better/faster/stronger version of BJGE in him. He has somewhat soft hands making a few catches, but not good enough for what we need in our backfield. In the end I think Lacy would go perfectly with a Gillislee/Barner that offers speed/catching and relief carries. He's been tough, avoiding injuries, and has very few college carries being behind Ingrim/Richardson and splitting with Yeldon.

Joseph Randle Oklahoma State 6'1" 200 lbs. (2nd-4th): I projected he'd stay the number two back and despite Lattimore falling off the totem pole two risers knock him into a solid 3rd best back place. He had a terrific year for the Cowboys and showed he could play well without Weedon and Blackmon taking pressure off of him.
He's a pretty good all around prospect with good power, speed, hands, and blocking ability although he doesn't shine in any one area and is more of a jack of all trades running back. I see feature running back potential in him and at worst he would make a very good versatile number two back. He might be there at the end of the third, but I expect him to be taken before our pick in that round.

Stepfan Taylor Stanford 5'11" 208 lbs. (2nd-3rd): I wasn't a big fan of Taylor the first time around and I'm still not at this point. He has a fairly versatile skill set with good power, blocking skills, and fairly soft hands. I don't know what it is, but he just doesn't excite me as a prospect despite showing consistency and toughness over the last three years. I wouldn't be extremely disappointed if we got him because he has nice qualities, but I prefer the other prospects more.

Mike Gillislee Florida 5'11" 208 lbs. (2nd-4th): I put a lot of focus on him being a draft riser and I proved to be right. He along with Barner are the only backs in this draft that could have the super timed speed around the 4.4 level. He had a good year, but showed some durability concerns, which I expect out of my speedy back. I don't think of him as a featured back at all, but as a change of pace backup that can get around 15 carries or less a game and some catches. If we could pair him up with BJGE and a strong RB in the draft then we could have a strong versatile stable of running backs that could share carries and keep themselves healthy. I think there's a chance him or Barner could fall to us in the mid rounds.

Jonathan Franklin UCLA 5'10" 205 lbs. (3rd-4th): I thought he could sneak into the 2nd round (he still could) after having a phenomenal season under Jim Mora Jr. He doesn't have awesome power or speed, but he can run well and catch the ball well. I don't think much of him as a feature back, but he has the skill set to be a good number two and maybe a feature if he ever shines some especially good speed or strength.

Andre Ellington Clemson 5'10" 190 lbs. (3rd-4th): Ellington had a good year, but didn't end up improving or hurting his draft stock. I'd like to see what he does in the 40 time as he's a fairly fast game player. He doesn't stick out to me at any one level, but can do a little bit of everything pretty well. My biggest knock on him (like the past Clemson backs) is his propensity for small nagging injuries. I see him as more of a number two in relief of another back with soft enough hands and potentially enough speed to be a change of pace player.

Kenjon Barner Oregon 5'11" 195 lbs. (3rd-4th): Experts still insisting that he's going to be a mid round pick. I bet anything he's gone by the second round, which is too early for me. If he's there in the 3rd I think hard about taking him and if he makes it to the fourth I'm definitely pulling the trigger. My hope is that he or Gillislee will last until our fourth round pick and we can take a speedy back I've wanted for a long long time. He'll hopefully be the fastest back in the draft and has the hands to be a top notch change of pace back. He's my favorite after finding a more featured type back.

Montee Ball Wisconsin 5'11" 210 lbs. (3rd-5th): He should have left school last season, but he definitely improved his draft stock from beginning and mid season evaluations where I though he could end up plummeting towards the end of the draft. I want to think he could be a great power back for a team, but the failure of Wisconsin RB's along with the general failure of strong B1G backs in the NFL really makes me want to avoid Montee unless he's our final pick. I like him as a player and his power skill set, but history says he'll be a colossal bust or a disappointing guy that gets a 1,000 yard 2-3 YPC and 4-8 TD's. Also he has had a ton of carries in his college career, which has also been devastating to many prospects.

La'Veon Bell Michigan State 6'2" 238 lbs. (3rd-6th): He was a sexy pick after week one, but things have cooled tremendously as I think about his slow speed and the failure of B1G RB's comes to mind. I don't really like him as a RB at all anymore, but I'm starting to really like him as a FB with his size, power, and receiving ability and wonder if he couldn't become a great FB.

Juwan Jamison Rutgers 5'8" 200 lbs. (2nd-5th): I honestly don't know much about the kid except the Ray Rice comparisons. Its been 50-50 on "Rice" clones in the draft with Doug Martin being a great back so far. Idk I guess we'll see maybe you guys know more about him.

Marcus Lattimore South Carolina 6'0" 218 lbs. (5th-UDFA): I still love this guy, but you can't ignore such a gruesome knee injury. If anyone can come back strong from that I believe Lattimore is the guy to do it. I'd sniff at him in the fourth, but really become interested in the fifth round and beyond. He had a great blend of power to go with decent speed and good hands for such a strong back. I don't buy him being ready by seasons beginning and feel he's only going to hurt himself again if he comes back that quick. I think it's all a propaganda attempt to raise his stock. We'll see if he can do anything like a combine or pro day before the draft. If we take him I think we'd have to PUP him for a chunk of the year if not sitting him on IR the entire season while he heals to 100%.

Michael Dyer Ex-Auburn 5'9" 210 lbs. (5th-UDFA): I think I heard he's going to school for another year. I'm not sure it would help and might only proceed to raise more question marks. Dyer was really good at Auburn displaying speed and power although he doesn't have great hands at all. I'd probably look at him with our final pick and would definitely bring him in if he goes undrafted.

Stefphon Jefferson Nevada 5'11" 210 lbs. (4th-6th): This guy was a big riser and I think could be the sleeper pick of the draft. This past season he was healthy and consistent even if against weak competition. He doesn't have a lot of career carries either. He has good power and size for a RB and decent speed although thats the area I question the most besides his competition. I'd like him fifth and beyond and think he could be a hidden gem of the RB class.

Michael Ford/Spencer Ware LSU (5th-7th): Part of a large running back by committee with LSU this last year. No one got enough carries in that backfield to get a good evaluation of their talents so it's anyone's guess as to how successful they could be. Hopefully practices and combine work will help us get an idea for these two guys.

Zac Stacy Vanderbilt 5'9" 210 lbs. (5th-7th): Being a big SEC fan and having a particular interest in the Vandy/Jordan Rodgers/Coach Franklin building off of last years success I was quick to notice and mention Zac Stacy as a potential late round gem. I've seen in other posts that he has grown in popularity amongst the other "draft evaluators".
Stacy has been consistent and durable the past two years for the surging commodores. He may not have good clock speed (we'll see), but he seems to have great game speed to me. He has some ability to catch the ball, but not nearly as well as some other guys on here. I'm hoping to see a strong 40 time at the combine and I'm definitely interest in Stacy with our last pick and definitely as a UDFA if he falls out of the draft.

Rex Burkhead Nebraska 5'11" 210 lbs. (7th): I like this guy as a person, but not as a player. I gave him a courtesy listing on here for being a stand up guy. He's a hard worker and a power guy with some receiving ability. As I've mentioned earlier B1G backs have mostly been failures in the NFL, but the guy will at least put in the work to try to be a better player. We don't have a 7th so I wouldn't look at him in the draft, but if he falls out of it then we should definitely give him a call and bring him in to work hard and try to earn a roster spot.

I didn't mention a few players because they aren't really on my radar to draft. Ray Graham is floating between being on the list or off, but as of now I'm still thinking about him.
Wow you have put a lot of work into this!!! Thank you!!!
3. Khaseem Greene LB
4. Leon McFadden CB
5. Chris Faulk OT
6a Tyrann Mathieu CB
6b. Patrick Lonergan C
7a. Michael Williams TE
7b. Marcus Davis WR
Old 01-28-2013, 02:32 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 69

Somebody with more time than me do some research and give me your thoughts on a kid named Cunningham from Middle Tennessee State University. I think he was an LSU transfer, and he got hurt toward the end of this season. He was rushing for 200+/game for a few weeks there it seemed like. Maybe he could be someone late we could take a look at.

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."
-Bruce Lee

Also, I have to give huge props to NashvilleBengalfan for the sig. I had no idea how to do one, and he hooked me up. Thanks again!!!
Old 01-28-2013, 04:48 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23758
bengals Re: Running Backs 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer Messiahson View Post
Somebody with more time than me do some research and give me your thoughts on a kid named Cunningham from Middle Tennessee State University. I think he was an LSU transfer, and he got hurt toward the end of this season. He was rushing for 200+/game for a few weeks there it seemed like. Maybe he could be someone late we could take a look at.
He is a good back but as far as I know has not declared for the draft. Being from a small school he may wait until next season to show he is healthy.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:36 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23488

As of right now, there are 8 guys I'd consider taking. I definitely want Kerwynn Williams out of Utah in the 5th or 6th Round. But he's a KR/PR guy and CoP Back

In order of preference, and round I'd take them in.

Marcus Lattimore South Carolina 6'0" 218 lbs. (3rd Round - Risky, but I'd do it if he's there):
Giovanni Bernard North Carolina 5'10" 205 lbs. (1st or 2nd):
Eddie Lacy Alabama 6'0" 220 lbs. (1st or 2nd):
Mike Gillislee Florida 5'11" 208 lbs. (3rd-4th)
Montee Ball Wisconsin 5'11" 210 lbs. (3rd-4th):
Kenjon Barner Oregon 5'11" 195 lbs. (3rd-4th)
Joseph Randle Oklahoma State 6'1" 200 lbs. (3rd-4th):
Andre Ellington Clemson 5'10" 190 lbs. (3rd-4th)
Old 02-05-2013, 11:39 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
As of right now, there are 8 guys I'd consider taking. I definitely want Kerwynn Williams out of Utah in the 5th or 6th Round. But he's a KR/PR guy and CoP Back

Marcus Lattimore South Carolina 6'0" 218 lbs. (3rd Round - Risky, but I'd do it if he's there):
Giovanni Bernard North Carolina 5'10" 205 lbs. (1st or 2nd):
Eddie Lacy Alabama 6'0" 220 lbs. (1st or 2nd):
Montee Ball Wisconsin 5'11" 210 lbs. (3rd-4th):
Kenjon Barner Oregon 5'11" 195 lbs. (3rd-4th)
Joseph Randle Oklahoma State 6'1" 200 lbs. (3rd-4th):
Dude your order of preference worries me. sorry dont like it at all.

Last edited by RIPChrisHenry; 02-05-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:51 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3241

Quote:

Giovanni Bernard North Carolina 5'10" 205 lbs. (2nd)
Eddie Lacy Alabama 6'0" 220 lbs. (2nd)
Joseph Randle Oklahoma State 6'1" 200 lbs. (3rd-4th)
Kenjon Barner Oregon 5'11" 195 lbs. (4th-5th)
Montee Ball Wisconsin 5'11" 210 lbs. (4th-5th)
Marcus Lattimore South Carolina 6'0" 218 lbs. (4th-6th)
That's more like it. I'd add Zac Stacy in the 6th to that list as well.
You're also notably missing Jonathan Franklin out of UCLA that has an awesome skill set I think we could utilize.
Taylor and Jamison bleh
Bell
as a FB

I actually have yet to research much on Christine Michael for OSUfan. I do like the speed he's supposed to have though.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:26 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPChrisHenry View Post
Dude your order of preference worries me. sorry dont like it at all.
I haven't seen every game these games have played, but from what I was able to see (on YouTube, LOL), that's it.

We're all going to have different opinions. How would you rank them?
Old 02-06-2013, 10:22 AM
VIP Silver Member

I've seen everyone on my original post play multiple times except Stepfon Jefferson (this years bowl game) and Juwan Jamison (0 games).

Any SEC guys besides Christine Michael I've seen play a lot plus Ellington. Since I go ota lot of clemson and Georgia games I know their players best.

I've seen Lattimore play in person every year against Georgia I know how good he is/was pre-injury.

I don't like watching YouTube highlights because it gives me false impressions, which is hard for me to research a player if I haven't watched him.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:17 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I haven't seen every game these games have played, but from what I was able to see (on YouTube, LOL), that's it.

We're all going to have different opinions. How would you rank them?

not sure what my order would be but to have gillsille and bernard in your top 5 is not my favorite. i can understand bernard but gillsille is just weak. not a fan at all... i think the talk of him needs to be done. I like guys like eddie lacy montee ball christine michael zach stacy ect...guys that are big strong and FAST. bernard isnt fast he is constantly getting caught from behind. There are too many imo that can do what bernard does and then some. Im not saying id be mad with gio but i hope that if we grab gio , its becuase Christine michael is gone eddie lacy is gone and montee ball are gone by our rnd 2 picks. and in round 2 if gio bernard is there and not ball lacy or michael id rather pass on bernard and wait for a guy like zach stacy and lattimore or michael dyer to pair together in the baclfield in the later rounds. I think there are just better nfl ready backs than gio bernard, he seams weak at the point of contact like alec ogeltree...I might even be a biugger fan of Joseph Randle and andre ellington then bernard. i mean id take this llist of guys over your top rated player...imo
Dyer
Lacy
Stacy
ellington
Ball
Bell
C.Michael
Randle
and Jamison over bernard and gillsille all day and bernard is your top back so i guess thats why it worried me but we just dont agree not big deal. go bengals.

Last edited by RIPChrisHenry; 02-06-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:57 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
not sure what my order would be but to have gillsille and bernard in your top 5 is not my favorite. i can understand bernard but gillsille is just weak. not a fan at all... i think the talk of him needs to be done. I like guys like eddie lacy montee ball christine michael zach stacy ect...guys that are big strong and FAST. bernard isnt fast he is constantly getting caught from behind. There are too many imo that can do what bernard does and then some. Im not saying id be mad with gio but i hope that if we grab gio , its becuase Christine michael is gone eddie lacy is gone and montee ball are gone by our rnd 2 picks. and in round 2 if gio bernard is there and not ball lacy or michael id rather pass on bernard and wait for a guy like zach stacy and lattimore or michael dyer to pair together in the baclfield in the later rounds. I think there are just better nfl ready backs than gio bernard, he seams weak at the point of contact like alec ogeltree...I might even be a biugger fan of Joseph Randle and andre ellington then bernard. i mean id take this llist of guys over your top rated player...imo
Dyer
Lacy
Stacy
ellington
Ball
Bell
C.Michael
Randle
and Jamison over bernard and gillsille all day and bernard is your top back so i guess thats why it worried me but we just dont agree not big deal. go bengals.
Well Shady is from the North Carolina so he probably knows more about Bernard than most. I know a lot about SEC and Clemson backs. I unfortunately don't know a terrible lot about Bernard, but what I studied I liked.

I love my bell cow backs, but we have BJGE right now for those situations. Right now our WCO needs that speedy guy and especially a guy that can catch the ball.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:06 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Dyer
Lacy
Stacy
ellington
Ball
Bell
C.Michael
Randle
I went back and looked at Bernard carefully before ranking him that high. I'd cooled on him a bit before I did. I think he can be better than he was at Carolina. He's got the size, which surprised me. He's never been a physical runner, but I see no reason he couldn't become more physical. He's pretty well rounded as a runner and a receiver out of the backfield.

Gillislie surprised me when I went back and looked at his tape. Florida's OLine was pretty miserable, but Gillislie is a very physical runner. He doesn't like going down easily, plus he's got good vision and speed.

I need to check out Dyer if you have him ranked that high.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:07 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Well Shady is from the North Carolina so he probably knows more about Bernard than most. I know a lot about SEC and Clemson backs. I unfortunately don't know a terrible lot about Bernard, but what I studied I liked.

I love my bell cow backs, but we have BJGE right now for those situations. Right now our WCO needs that speedy guy and especially a guy that can catch the ball.
Gio is better than alot of people give him credit for, but if Lattimore is healthy, he's far and away the best back in this draft. He moves like all the great ones.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:43 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1681

Quote:
That's more like it. I'd add Zac Stacy in the 6th to that list as well.
You're also notably missing Jonathan Franklin out of UCLA that has an awesome skill set I think we could utilize.
Taylor and Jamison bleh
Bell
as a FB

I actually have yet to research much on Christine Michael for OSUfan. I do like the speed he's supposed to have though.
As we speak about running backs, Mr. Mike Brown, is doing research on Mike Gillisbee and Marcuss Lattimore.He like both of them.And Hue Jackson will have a big impact on who is picked as well since he is now the running backs coach and mike really likes Hue, especially since the carson palmer trade that make mike very happy.I think whoever we get will be a starter in 2013.I predict a back that can be a speed back.Go check out Mike Gillisbees coaches and what the other players say about this guy.I think you will find if you really research him, he is someone we could be happy with.The guy is a winner and a very good back.See what coaches and players say about him.I llike whoever they draft. It will be a very good back, bellieve that.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:12 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23758

Quote:
I went back and looked at Bernard carefully before ranking him that high. I'd cooled on him a bit before I did. I think he can be better than he was at Carolina. He's got the size, which surprised me. He's never been a physical runner, but I see no reason he couldn't become more physical. He's pretty well rounded as a runner and a receiver out of the backfield.

Gillislie surprised me when I went back and looked at his tape. Florida's OLine was pretty miserable, but Gillislie is a very physical runner. He doesn't like going down easily, plus he's got good vision and speed.

Tape on Dyer will be two years old as he did not even play last season. As well, the reports I have seen have him playing college football next season. I have not heard that he has even declared for the draft.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:54 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Id be cool with bernard i just dont see him at all being the best back in this draft. I dont think dyer is the best i just like him the most...i think Christine michael is the best back comin out. gillislle is just ehhh. not very entertaining. good burst yes but doesnt break tackles. he just lowers his shoulder. id like to see alot more from my running back in the open field than what gillislee brings. dont like gillislle i do like bernard but not in the second i see him as a 3rd. the guys i listed are guys id like us to draft! Dyer has sat out a year in a half or somthing but the potential is rediculous he is huge 5'9 215lbs with great power vision and fantastic speed for his size.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:56 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

I love the bell cow backs and if we doubled up on two guys like christine michael and zach stacy in the draft it would give us the power speed and catching ability in two running backs that can carry the load, and take it to the trees with their speed....never understood, y get a small speedster to only do so much when u can get a big speedster to do it all. and btw mid 4.5s isnt speedy and thats where bernard is going to run, and im sorry if ur an athlete and ur in the nfl it seems rediculous to point out when one can catch the ball. To me you better be able to catch or else sit down.

Last edited by RIPChrisHenry; 02-06-2013 at 11:59 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:25 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
Tape on Dyer will be two years old as he did not even play last season. As well, the reports I have seen have him playing college football next season. I have not heard that he has even declared for the draft.
I've tried to find something on him declaring and hadn't seen anything. That guy has a ton of talent however he has brick hands. If he does come out I don't see him getting drafted. I really don't see another year of school doing him much good either unless he really lights it up.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:35 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 280

Dennis Johnson would be an absolutely steal and tremendous selection in the later rounds. Some scouts describe him as a more shifty Michael Turner! HE SHOULD BE ON YOUR "RADAR" watch some film of him. Stats don't tell the story of how productive he was in college because just like when Darren McFadden, Felix Jones and Peyton Hillis were all in Fayetteville together - Arkansas had a very crowded backfield. However his YPC were always huge as he averaged well over 5 yards per carry throughout his career. Another advantage is that he's fresh. One benefit of having a crowded backfield in college is that he didn't get overworked like Seabiscut (Fran Gore played in a crowded backfield at the U, and its definitely saved his body and added miles throughout his bruising NFL career). He doesn't have the name recognition of Knile Davis... but that will change.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:44 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4233

Quote:
I've tried to find something on him declaring and hadn't seen anything. That guy has a ton of talent however he has brick hands. If he does come out I don't see him getting drafted. I really don't see another year of school doing him much good either unless he really lights it up.
Pretty sure the window for underclassmen to declare has passed. Dyer didn't even play football this year. And the best thing I can find is that his family said he didn't intend to declare for the draft this year.

I think we would have heard something by now. Looks like he isn't an option this year.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:30 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 52205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevbo37 View Post
He doesn't have the name recognition of Knile Davis... but that will change.
Hey Kevbo, are you a hogs fan? If so I want to get your opinion on Davis. he looked awesom two years ago and before the season I was pimping him as one of the bets RBs in college. he ended up having a pretty weak season, but I was wondering if it was because he is finished (he has had other injuries) or if it is just because he was not 100% healed from his injury in '11.

What do you think?