Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 02-04-2013, 04:24 PM
getmused getmused is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 186
Rep Points: 164
Default Re: Mike Gillislee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones4980 View Post
Is that really a good thing?

He compares to a guy who's best season thus far is 73 yards rushing and he doesn't possess the speed Jones does.



How is his avg 4.7 if he is getting 5-7 yards everytime it looks like he is stuffed at the line? When its wide open does he just fall over or something?

If you didn't notice everytime Gillislee gets an open lane a misterious wild bear comes outta know to trip him, it's crazy and easily flagable.

I'm just trying to emphasize gillislee's ability to make something outta nothing.

I'd also advise reading other draft sites. I posted walterfootball's report b/c that is Exactlly what I saw when watching Gillislee.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 02-04-2013, 10:29 PM
RIPChrisHenry RIPChrisHenry is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 635
Rep Points: 344
Default Re: Mike Gillislee

Completely agree, not a fan. he can pass pro tho. I don't want him
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 02-04-2013, 10:32 PM
RIPChrisHenry RIPChrisHenry is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 635
Rep Points: 344
Default Re: Mike Gillislee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr1441 View Post
Wasn't a fan of this kid before the senior bowl and even less so after the senior bowl practices.

He just doesn't seem to have anything elite or very good that he would bring to a team.

In one word he is unimpressive.
We agree 100%
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 02-05-2013, 04:39 PM
fortyyearfan fortyyearfan is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,006
Rep Points: 1709
bengals Re: Mike Brown likes Gillislee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademark View Post
RosterWatch
‏@RosterWatch
#Bengals owner/GM Mike Brown was just taking to his scouts about Florida RB Mike Gilleslee. Likes him.
I like Mike Gillisbee also, and I have said so on here.I believe he would fit in here.Lets keep the lawfirm, cut leonard, draft Gillisbee in the 3rd, sign MIke Wallace and Darelle Revis.Two of our biggest problems would be solved immidately,also draft a second running back in the Bell kid with his size and speed.We could then run the ball with a ton of fresh backs coming in and out.Cut scott as well,give boom another training camp.Then we would have Gillisbee,Bell,Lawfirm,Peerman and Boom.We would be unstoppable.This is my wish list to be great.I know I am dreaming, but some of this will happen.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 02-05-2013, 05:07 PM
getmused getmused is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 186
Rep Points: 164
Default Re: Mike Gillislee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr1441 View Post
Wasn't a fan of this kid before the senior bowl and even less so after the senior bowl practices.

He just doesn't seem to have anything elite or very good that he would bring to a team.

In one word he is unimpressive.
I think that's exactly what you said about D Martin. Not one thing is elite and very unimpressive.

Just saying Gillislee will suprise like Martin did. I also think there are other good backs in the draft.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 02-05-2013, 06:08 PM
dr1441's Avatar
dr1441 dr1441 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dayton Ohio
Posts: 8,856
Rep Points: 9925
Default Re: Mike Gillislee

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmused View Post
I think that's exactly what you said about D Martin. Not one thing is elite and very unimpressive.

Just saying Gillislee will suprise like Martin did. I also think there are other good backs in the draft.
You bring up one player in an entire draft.

Not impressive. Have a track record and we will talk.
__________________

A wise man once told me, your love life will never get boring if you imagine an 18 year old, turn the lights off, and dont feel around with your hands!
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 02-05-2013, 06:26 PM
McC's Avatar
McC McC is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 14,507
Rep Points: 20610
Default Re: Mike Gillislee

I don't even pretend how to tell who will be good and who won't. I haven't seen much of him but he looked pretty good to me. He seemed to hit the hole well, see the field and instinctively protect the ball in traffic without losing momentum. Seemed like a fall forward runner with some wiggle and some power. But like I said, I have no idea how to tell. Would not wanna be an NFL scout.
__________________
www.musicsite.biz/leftyohio

singersongwriterrocknroll
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 02-05-2013, 07:10 PM
TGISunday's Avatar
TGISunday TGISunday is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,578
Rep Points: 3955
Default Re: Mike Gillislee

I'm curious: I keep seeing the words "I don't think he's elite." Who said he was?

Talk about creating a strawman's argument.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 02-05-2013, 08:15 PM
RIPChrisHenry RIPChrisHenry is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 635
Rep Points: 344
Default Re: Mike Gillislee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGISunday View Post
I'm curious: I keep seeing the words "I don't think he's elite." Who said he was?

Talk about creating a strawman's argument.
noone but thats what we need. an elite back. so no thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 02-05-2013, 08:18 PM
RIPChrisHenry RIPChrisHenry is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 635
Rep Points: 344
Default Re: Mike Gillislee

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmused View Post
I think that's exactly what you said about D Martin. Not one thing is elite and very unimpressive.

Just saying Gillislee will suprise like Martin did. I also think there are other good backs in the draft.

hahaha i love this. Yea he was wayyy off on doug martin so its tough to go with what he says but dude Gillislee is just uneventful. its like watching a ufc fight go to decision, u get done watching and u just go ehh. can we please forget about MG.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 02-05-2013, 09:46 PM
getmused getmused is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 186
Rep Points: 164
Default Re: Mike Gillislee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr1441 View Post
You bring up one player in an entire draft.

Not impressive. Have a track record and we will talk.
ok, I'll bring up a few more you missed with your scouting expertise.

Players Doc didn't like:
1 Burfict hmm, rather productive i said good pick
2 Sanu Showed some great promise another I said would do well
3 Flecther Cox absolute beast
4 Doug Martin well no need
5 Dre Kirkpatrick I thought the same. I knew he wasn't gonna see the field last season

Players Doc liked:
1 Lamar Miller really didn't show much maybe 1 game
2 Cordy Glenn he is starting so not bad
3 Dontari Poe Flop so far considering his daft number

Players I liked:
1. Doug Martin
2 d wolfe
3 d. travathan
4 ty hilton

i even think i was the 1st person to bring up gio bernard, as someone to consider drafting earlier last year.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 02-05-2013, 09:55 PM
RIPChrisHenry RIPChrisHenry is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 635
Rep Points: 344
Default Re: Mike Gillislee

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmused View Post
ok, I'll bring up a few more you missed with your scouting expertise.

Players Doc didn't like:
1 Burfict hmm, rather productive i said good pick
2 Sanu Showed some great promise another I said would do well
3 Flecther Cox absolute beast
4 Doug Martin well no need
5 Dre Kirkpatrick I thought the same. I knew he wasn't gonna see the field last season

Players Doc liked:
1 Lamar Miller really didn't show much maybe 1 game
2 Cordy Glenn he is starting so not bad
3 Dontari Poe Flop so far considering his daft number

Players I liked:
1. Doug Martin
2 d wolfe
3 d. travathan
4 ty hilton

i even think i was the 1st person to bring up gio bernard, as someone to consider drafting earlier last year.
ha i dont like Gillislee. hes like watching paint dry.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 02-05-2013, 09:55 PM
hacker hacker is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,264
Rep Points: 1367
Default Re: Mike Gillislee

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
I didn't say I didn't like Gillislee. I think he's a pretty good back but I do prefer some before him.
Let's face it. There are probably a dozen or so that would be better long term than what we have in LawFirm. I'd like to see us address the position once in Rd 2 and again in the later rounds.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 02-05-2013, 10:03 PM
RIPChrisHenry RIPChrisHenry is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 635
Rep Points: 344
Default Re: Mike Gillislee

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker View Post
Let's face it. There are probably a dozen or so that would be better long term than what we have in LawFirm. I'd like to see us address the position once in Rd 2 and again in the later rounds.
couldnt agree more with this. I am going to probably get blasted here but i think christine michael is gonne blow up the combine and rise to the round 3 or late 2 spot. Id love to go christine michael in round 2 and michael dyer or zach stacy later. Michael has the speed to take it to the trees from anywhere...and zach stacy/michael dyer will run you the f*** over and have exceptional speed for their size with also the ability to break the big one. I understand michael is injury prone that is why i have us still going with a 3 down capable back, in case of injury to michael. my biggest fear would be being stuck with bjge again. our online is way too good right now at run blocking to still just have BJGE back there.

Last edited by RIPChrisHenry; 02-05-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 02-05-2013, 10:19 PM
McC's Avatar
McC McC is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 14,507
Rep Points: 20610
Default Re: Mike Gillislee

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPChrisHenry View Post
couldnt agree more with this. I am going to probably get blasted here but i think christine michael is gonne blow up the combine and rise to the round 3 or late 2 spot. Id love to go christine michael in round 2 and michael dyer or zach stacy later. Michael has the speed to take it to the trees from anywhere...and zach stacy/michael dyer will run you the f*** over and have exceptional speed for their size with also the ability to break the big one. I understand michael is injury prone that is why i have us still going with a 3 down capable back, in case of injury to michael. my biggest fear would be being stuck with bjge again. our online is way too good right now at run blocking to still just have BJGE back there.
Rebuilding the whole backfield would be a good thing. Go with the best 4 or whatever. I like Brian Leonard, but they barely used him him this year. Get somebody you will use.
__________________
www.musicsite.biz/leftyohio

singersongwriterrocknroll
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 02-06-2013, 10:45 AM
getmused getmused is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 186
Rep Points: 164
Default Re: Mike Gillislee

christine michael is a great RB. But you really have to consider his injuries. He seems injury prone. The kid can ball though.

Zac Stacy is really interesting and I need to watch some film along with combine. I'm a huge fan of the short and very thick lower body. mjd/rice types

Michael Dyer was a BEAST no doubt about it. again there are concerns espicially with his attitude or emotional status. This kid though could be just insane if given the chance and proper guidance.

Rex Burkhead. I just don't see it but I haven't seen a ton of film on him but I think there are some better options.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 02-06-2013, 11:09 AM
goalpost goalpost is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: cincinnati
Posts: 3,958
Rep Points: 3390
Default Re: Mike Gillislee

I don't think anyone is calling him elite. But he seems to be a capable blocker, and that's a plus for Andy. He has acceleration which also is a plus. And, one on one, he is not easy to make a play on. He can run between the tackles, but is more of a vision runner than a power runner.

Last edited by goalpost; 02-06-2013 at 11:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 02-06-2013, 03:07 PM
RIPChrisHenry RIPChrisHenry is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 635
Rep Points: 344
Default Re: Mike Gillislee

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalpost View Post
I don't think anyone is calling him elite. But he seems to be a capable blocker, and that's a plus for Andy. He has acceleration which also is a plus. And, one on one, he is not easy to make a play on. He can run between the tackles, but is more of a vision runner than a power runner.
Gillislle is weak.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 02-06-2013, 09:07 PM
renorvis renorvis is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cincy Baby
Posts: 588
Rep Points: 390
Default Re: Mike Gillislee

I like Christine Micheal as well but let's see how he interviews at the combine first. I remember reading he was in Kevin Sumlin's doghouse most of the year which is why he didn't have killer year like he was supposed to. Didn't even rush for 500 yards his senior year. How exactly is Gillislee weak though?
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 02-07-2013, 12:05 AM
RIPChrisHenry RIPChrisHenry is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 635
Rep Points: 344
Default Re: Mike Gillislee

Quote:
Originally Posted by renorvis View Post
I like Christine Micheal as well but let's see how he interviews at the combine first. I remember reading he was in Kevin Sumlin's doghouse most of the year which is why he didn't have killer year like he was supposed to. Didn't even rush for 500 yards his senior year. How exactly is Gillislee weak though?

He runs hard and is a solid pass blocker but when it comes to what i and i hope others want in a running back is someone who is and or is capable of elite status...i see non of that. he goes down on contact...he may lower his shoulder but in the open field he is consistantly tackled...im tired of having running back here in cincy that cant break tackles...benson rarely did it and BJGE never does it. I want someone who can be elite. Christine michael can be elite, Montee ball can be elite, Zach stacy can be elite, Andre ellington(reminds me of chris johnson) can be elite eddie lacy can be elite, gio bernard could be elite...no thanks on gillsilee. no impressed for here in cincy or RB sitiaution is bigger than gillislee. I mean if u compare the projected 5th/6th rounder zach stacy to this Gillisllee guy and watch both highlight tapes its uncomparable. stacy has way better feet, vision speed and initial burst and this is a 6th rounder. gillisllee can kick rocks somewhere else

Last edited by RIPChrisHenry; 02-07-2013 at 12:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 02-07-2013, 12:14 AM
RIPChrisHenry RIPChrisHenry is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 635
Rep Points: 344
Default Re: Mike Gillislee

gillislee is weak ha
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 02-07-2013, 12:28 AM
bfine32's Avatar
bfine32 bfine32 is online now
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Radcliff, KY
Posts: 22,407
Rep Points: 41545
Default Re: Mike Gillislee

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPChrisHenry View Post
He runs hard and is a solid pass blocker but when it comes to what i and i hope others want in a running back is someone who is and or is capable of elite status...i see non of that. he goes down on contact...he may lower his shoulder but in the open field he is consistantly tackled.
You really haven't watched Michael much, have you?

Probably his biggest weakness is pass protection, but he is actually pretty good in all that other stuff you mentioned. Especially the open field part,
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 02-07-2013, 12:53 AM
NATI BENGALS's Avatar
NATI BENGALS NATI BENGALS is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,689
Rep Points: 4233
Default Re: Mike Gillislee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
You really haven't watched Michael much, have you?

Probably his biggest weakness is pass protection, but he is actually pretty good in all that other stuff you mentioned. Especially the open field part,
If I remember correctly I read reports on Senior Bowl practices and it said Christine (can't win in football with a sissy name) Michael was celebrating after making plays in practice. He was in his college coaches dog house for what reasons?

I'm not a big fan of divas.

Even Titus Young who is better than Megatron got cut for being a scumbag teammate. Sure we have a strong locker room but some guys just think rules don't apply to them and no matter what you do it doesn't make a difference. And if a guy who is uber talented on a team with national title hopes is getting benched... The coach thinks he is making the team better just by removing an ego even though he is replacing a more talented player with someone of lesser talent.

As of right now I have more reason to believe the character red flags on Christine are bigger than what Burfict had to deal with last year.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 02-07-2013, 01:15 PM
getmused getmused is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 186
Rep Points: 164
Default Re: Mike Gillislee

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPChrisHenry View Post
He runs hard and is a solid pass blocker but when it comes to what i and i hope others want in a running back is someone who is and or is capable of elite status...i see non of that. he goes down on contact...he may lower his shoulder but in the open field he is consistantly tackled...im tired of having running back here in cincy that cant break tackles...benson rarely did it and BJGE never does it. I want someone who can be elite. Christine michael can be elite, Montee ball can be elite, Zach stacy can be elite, Andre ellington(reminds me of chris johnson) can be elite eddie lacy can be elite, gio bernard could be elite...no thanks on gillsilee. no impressed for here in cincy or RB sitiaution is bigger than gillislee. I mean if u compare the projected 5th/6th rounder zach stacy to this Gillisllee guy and watch both highlight tapes its uncomparable. stacy has way better feet, vision speed and initial burst and this is a 6th rounder. gillisllee can kick rocks somewhere else

Ok you officially don't know what your talking about but I do realize it's just opinions you made by watching a few youtube videos. So yak on my friend, cause we both want the same thing in cincy; a good RB
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 02-07-2013, 01:19 PM
BengaliJack's Avatar
BengaliJack BengaliJack is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,017
Rep Points: 6460
Default Re: Mike Gillislee

Reminds me too much of Law firm...runs like a Mustang and we already have that model.....lets draft us a Humvee like Ray Rice or MJD.
__________________


COACH HUE, PLEASE UNLEASH THIS BEAST!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.