Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #151  
Old 02-04-2013, 07:53 PM
rfaulk34's Avatar
rfaulk34 rfaulk34 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Covington, Ky
Posts: 14,712
Rep Points: 18541
Default Re: Ravens saved by the Refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonyhands View Post
The section I quoted was not for double fouls.

It says verbatim (h) If a safety results from a foul during the last play of a half, the score counts. A safety kick is made if requested by the receivers
(If a double foul occurs on the last play of the first or third periods, the period is not extended.)
(d) If a touchdown is made on the last play of a period, the Try attempt shall be made (except during a
sudden-death period).
(e) If no fair-catch signal is given and the kickers interfere with the receiver’s opportunity to catch a
kick, the receiving team may extend the period by a down from scrimmage.
(f) If a fair-catch is signaled and made, the receivers may choose to extend the period by a fair-catch
kick down (10-2-4). If the first or third period is not so extended, the receivers may start the
succeeding period with a snap or fair-catch kick (11-4-3).
(g) If a fair catch is signaled and the kickers interfere with a receiver’s opportunity to catch a kick, the
receiving team may extend the period by either a down from scrimmage or a fair-catch kick
(10-2-4).
(h) If a safety results from a foul during the last play of a half, the score counts. A safety kick is made if
requested by the receivers.

Not only is it for double fouls, it says "last play of the first or third periods".
__________________
"We are the ones that wanna choose. Always wanna play but you never wanna lose."- Serj Tankian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Yes, they will both have a role. MLJ will be the WR2. And Sanu will be the 5th or 6th receiving option.
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 02-04-2013, 07:59 PM
Bmoreblitz's Avatar
Bmoreblitz Bmoreblitz is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: 4th and goal at the1
Posts: 4,921
Rep Points: 13585
Default Re: Ravens saved by the Refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
As soon as they hit Flacco, i said out loud (my wife and son were watching too) "there's 15 yards" and i was surprised when they didn't call anything. It was close but i expected to see yellow.
Flacco was clearly out of bounds. Had the penalty been called the Ravens would have had First and Goal with a chance... to go up 9 points and essentially end the game. It wasnt called thus setting up the Niners final drive which the Ravens stopped for the win....Game Over

But I really don't care. Even with losses I never complain or use refs as an EXCUSE.
__________________
DEPT of DEFENSE


BMOREBLITZ
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 02-04-2013, 08:22 PM
rfaulk34's Avatar
rfaulk34 rfaulk34 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Covington, Ky
Posts: 14,712
Rep Points: 18541
Default Re: Ravens saved by the Refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
Flacco was clearly out of bounds. Had the penalty been called the Ravens would have had First and Goal with a chance... to go up 9 points and essentially end the game. It wasnt called thus setting up the Niners final drive which the Ravens stopped for the win....Game Over

But I really don't care. Even with losses I never complain or use refs as an EXCUSE.
I hear ya. On the other hand, i have to give you crap, even if it's just the refs, because it's what's expected on this forum.

I have been trying to keep it to reasonable discussions though. I don't think either team won or lost because of the refs. They tried to keep the flags in their pockets so the players would determine the outcome. I wouldn't be too surprised to hear that ole Rog told them to play it that way.

As far as the overall state of the refereeing, it was pretty even across the board. A lot of no calls both ways.

But your QB still got lucky throwing the ball up and having AB go up and get it.
__________________
"We are the ones that wanna choose. Always wanna play but you never wanna lose."- Serj Tankian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Yes, they will both have a role. MLJ will be the WR2. And Sanu will be the 5th or 6th receiving option.
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 02-04-2013, 09:11 PM
stonyhands's Avatar
stonyhands stonyhands is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Back in the USA
Posts: 1,903
Rep Points: 2672
Default Re: Ravens saved by the Refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
Super Bowl champs!!
Lol.......this is a section of a forum called SMACK talk. In case you didn't know, it was created for opposing fans to talk smack. It has nothing to do with life in general as you may think. You are on the same board as I am.

It must **** to be you if it bothers you that much because another fan has bragging rights. Lol
So you feel it's necessary to talk smack to Bengals fans when their team has the same end result as 30 other teams?

There is smack....and then there is a sore winner. You fall under the latter category. Enjoy the win with fellow fans. I never said the Ravens didn't deserve it only that there were some horrible no calls.

Somebody once said "when you lose, say little. When you win, say less" or something along those lines.

Congrats on your team winning it all, but you don't have to be so blind and not have the balls to admit when mistakes were made. I've come across a ton of Ravens fans that are enjoying the win but have no problems acknowledging the missed no-calls.
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 02-05-2013, 06:22 AM
Bmoreblitz's Avatar
Bmoreblitz Bmoreblitz is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: 4th and goal at the1
Posts: 4,921
Rep Points: 13585
Default Re: Ravens saved by the Refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonyhands View Post
So you feel it's necessary to talk smack to Bengals fans when their team has the same end result as 30 other teams?

There is smack....and then there is a sore winner. You fall under the latter category. Enjoy the win with fellow fans. I never said the Ravens didn't deserve it only that there were some horrible no calls.

Somebody once said "when you lose, say little. When you win, say less" or something along those lines.

Congrats on your team winning it all, but you don't have to be so blind and not have the balls to admit when mistakes were made. I've come across a ton of Ravens fans that are enjoying the win but have no problems acknowledging the missed no-calls.
Oh trust I talk smack to more than just Bengals fans man. I've only heard of losers saying someone is a sore winner.
I've never said no mistakes were made. There are mistakes and blown calls in all games.
But what I don't do even when the Ravens lose is blame refs or make excuses.
__________________
DEPT of DEFENSE


BMOREBLITZ
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 02-05-2013, 08:35 AM
stonyhands's Avatar
stonyhands stonyhands is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Back in the USA
Posts: 1,903
Rep Points: 2672
Default Re: Ravens saved by the Refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
(If a double foul occurs on the last play of the first or third periods, the period is not extended.)
(d) If a touchdown is made on the last play of a period, the Try attempt shall be made (except during a
sudden-death period).
(e) If no fair-catch signal is given and the kickers interfere with the receiver’s opportunity to catch a
kick, the receiving team may extend the period by a down from scrimmage.
(f) If a fair-catch is signaled and made, the receivers may choose to extend the period by a fair-catch
kick down (10-2-4). If the first or third period is not so extended, the receivers may start the
succeeding period with a snap or fair-catch kick (11-4-3).
(g) If a fair catch is signaled and the kickers interfere with a receiver’s opportunity to catch a kick, the
receiving team may extend the period by either a down from scrimmage or a fair-catch kick
(10-2-4).
(h) If a safety results from a foul during the last play of a half, the score counts. A safety kick is made if
requested by the receivers.

Not only is it for double fouls, it says "last play of the first or third periods".
You are wrong. The exception section for which my rule is in is not a subsection of C the double fouls section you are claiming. The exception is indented the same amount as Article 2, hence it is an exception to Article 2 and not subsection C you keep referring to. All you have to do is read through all of those exceptions and you'd know there is no possible way they all are referring to double fouls at the end of the 1st and 3rd periods.

I'm not seeing why this is so difficult to understand.
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 02-05-2013, 08:47 AM
stonyhands's Avatar
stonyhands stonyhands is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Back in the USA
Posts: 1,903
Rep Points: 2672
Default Re: Ravens saved by the Refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
Oh trust I talk smack to more than just Bengals fans man. I've only heard of losers saying someone is a sore winner.
I've never said no mistakes were made. There are mistakes and blown calls in all games.
But what I don't do even when the Ravens lose is blame refs or make excuses.
I'm not making excuses or blaming anyone for the loss except the 49ers. They had chances to win and called the dumbest series of plays on the goal line. I just do not like seeing on the biggest stage no-calls by what is supposed to be the best set of officials. To top it off I hated the announcers comments that those penalties don't get called in that situation due to the time and implications. A foul is a foul no matter when it occurs. Congratulations on your team winning it all.
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 02-05-2013, 08:59 AM
GreenDragon's Avatar
GreenDragon GreenDragon is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 4,788
Rep Points: 3517
Default Re: Ravens saved by the Refs

What about the missed OPI against the Rat Birds earlier in the game?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 02-05-2013, 09:12 AM
Woodley Woodley is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,358
Rep Points: 4284
Default Re: Ravens saved by the Refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
Oh trust I talk smack to more than just Bengals fans man. I've only heard of losers saying someone is a sore winner.
I've never said no mistakes were made. There are mistakes and blown calls in all games.
But what I don't do even when the Ravens lose is blame refs or make excuses.
Now thats a bold assumption.

I bet only winners say that someone is a sore loser.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by SociopathicSteelerFan
Obamas lies... 11-21-2014 10:39 PM SociopathicSteelerFan My alter is woodley and I approve this copypasta. -SSF
Quote:
Originally Posted by SociopathicSteelerFan
Election Day Waste 11-06-2014 01:25 AM SociopathicSteelerFan You're cute when you're an alter. -SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SociopathicSteelerFan
Texas is about as... 11-09-2014 02:41 PM SociopathicSteelerFan I posted this rep message because no one likes me. :( -SSF
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 02-05-2013, 09:13 AM
gmdino's Avatar
gmdino gmdino is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 9,464
Rep Points: 12393
Default Re: Ravens saved by the Refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDragon View Post
What about the missed OPI against the Rat Birds earlier in the game?
Again I can only give you the way Mike Pereira defended that non-call (and keep in mind I think he's a shill for the NFL and the networks).

HE says the "helmet grab" happened AFTER the defender touched the ball so it was not OPI because he "played the ball" with "normal hand fighting".

In other words: Refs have ZERO idea what pass interference is and call it based on what they THINK happened instead of what REALLY happened.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
...promoting sexism is actually a beautiful thing
Reply With Quote
  #161  
Old 02-05-2013, 09:14 AM
BmorePat87's Avatar
BmorePat87 BmorePat87 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Birdland
Posts: 10,557
Rep Points: 14484
Default Re: Ravens saved by the Refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonyhands View Post
Yep...if my life ****** as bad as yours I'd think the team I rooted for winning the Superbowl was the greatest accomplishment of my life as well. However did you exist before your city stole the Cleveland Browns.

I know one thing, if my team ever did win the Superbowl, the last place I'd be is in a division rivals message forum the day after arguing about calls or no-calls all day. Are you so lame that you have to seek immediate validation for another's accomplishment?
and as a Bengals fan, you'll never have to worry about that.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Anyways, Adderral's not even a drug
-----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
I still don't think we are evolved from primates. I don't think we are even remotely related.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmicGeek View Post
We aren't evolved from primates, we are primates.
--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
I can guarentee you there is not a dude on the earth that is as passionate about his male lover as I am my relgion.



Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 02-05-2013, 09:16 AM
BmorePat87's Avatar
BmorePat87 BmorePat87 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Birdland
Posts: 10,557
Rep Points: 14484
Default Re: Ravens saved by the Refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
Now thats a bold assumption.

I bet only winners say that someone is a sore loser.


did someone say sore loser?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Anyways, Adderral's not even a drug
-----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
I still don't think we are evolved from primates. I don't think we are even remotely related.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmicGeek View Post
We aren't evolved from primates, we are primates.
--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
I can guarentee you there is not a dude on the earth that is as passionate about his male lover as I am my relgion.



Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 02-05-2013, 09:48 AM
stonyhands's Avatar
stonyhands stonyhands is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Back in the USA
Posts: 1,903
Rep Points: 2672
Default Re: Ravens saved by the Refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensLover69 View Post
and as a Bengals fan, you'll never have to worry about that.
You are probably right. But it'll never stop me from rooting for my team. The same one I grew up watching, not just a team that was stolen from another city and only existed a fraction of my life. Something you can't ever say.
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 02-05-2013, 10:34 AM
Wyche'sWarrior's Avatar
Wyche'sWarrior Wyche'sWarrior is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bluegrass Region
Posts: 9,736
Rep Points: 21143
Default Re: Ravens saved by the Refs

....bottom line...if the 9ers don't lay an egg for 2 quarters and change, they wouldn't have had to worry about the blown calls....and make no mistake, they were horrible calls/no calls. That said, they dug themselves a huge hole to climb back out of. Good game to watch though, I commend both teams for that.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 02-05-2013, 10:47 AM
Woodley Woodley is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,358
Rep Points: 4284
Default Re: Ravens saved by the Refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensLover69 View Post


did someone say sore loser?
And?
They're all sore losers. They play to win ya clown.

As if Ray Bambi Lewis would have danced off the field had the rats lost.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by SociopathicSteelerFan
Obamas lies... 11-21-2014 10:39 PM SociopathicSteelerFan My alter is woodley and I approve this copypasta. -SSF
Quote:
Originally Posted by SociopathicSteelerFan
Election Day Waste 11-06-2014 01:25 AM SociopathicSteelerFan You're cute when you're an alter. -SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SociopathicSteelerFan
Texas is about as... 11-09-2014 02:41 PM SociopathicSteelerFan I posted this rep message because no one likes me. :( -SSF
Reply With Quote
  #166  
Old 02-05-2013, 03:04 PM
pookdogg7's Avatar
pookdogg7 pookdogg7 is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Right near da beeeech...
Posts: 9,171
Rep Points: 88934
Default Re: Ravens saved by the Refs

Cary Williams says he didn't know he shoved a ref because his helmet was off; whines about lack of flags on 49ers

Quote:
"It was a situation where I didn’t see who the heck I pushed. Those guys kicked my helmet off, took my helmet off man, it’s just a part of the process. Whatever,” Williams said. “It’s a reaction. You see teammates out there getting hit late, guys pulling guys after the whistle. My helmet came off, I couldn’t barely see, and I just reacted. It is what it is.”

“I mean, I just felt like those guys were a little dirty. The refs should have thrown flags on them early on them in the game to stop that junk,” Williams said. “Sometimes you’ve got to retaliate, sometimes you have to show people we aren’t going to be pushed around.”
http://tracking.si.com/2013/02/04/ca...ee/?xid=si_nfl

Which is more comical: claiming he couldn't see because his helmet was off, or whining that the 49ers weren't flagged earlier in the game after he pushed a ref and also didn't get flagged (much less ejected)?

I'm having trouble deciding.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 02-05-2013, 03:12 PM
STC's Avatar
STC STC is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Halls of Montezuma
Posts: 6,569
Rep Points: 39540
Default Re: Ravens saved by the Refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
As soon as they hit Flacco, i said out loud (my wife and son were watching too) "there's 15 yards" and i was surprised when they didn't call anything. It was close but i expected to see yellow.
After he gets his new contract that will be a penalty 10 times out of 10.
__________________


Hard to follow a leader when he jogs like a fat girl.
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 02-05-2013, 04:32 PM
BmorePat87's Avatar
BmorePat87 BmorePat87 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Birdland
Posts: 10,557
Rep Points: 14484
Default Re: Ravens saved by the Refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
And?
They're all sore losers. They play to win ya clown.

As if Ray Bambi Lewis would have danced off the field had the rats lost.

He has come out and said that the Ravens got lucky and that the 49ers proved they were the better team (by losing?)


So, yea, sore loser.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Anyways, Adderral's not even a drug
-----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
I still don't think we are evolved from primates. I don't think we are even remotely related.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmicGeek View Post
We aren't evolved from primates, we are primates.
--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
I can guarentee you there is not a dude on the earth that is as passionate about his male lover as I am my relgion.



Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 02-06-2013, 09:36 AM
Blitzberg06's Avatar
Blitzberg06 Blitzberg06 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 8,949
Rep Points: 18257
Default Re: Ravens saved by the Refs

Ravens didn't get saved. 9ners got saved by power outage. Ravens return the opening kickoff 108 yards? then they have the 9ners on a 3rd and 13..Ravens defense hyped up Momentum all in favor of the Ravens? Haha. Ravens dominated this game. Joe Flacco shut me the hell up and FINALLY Ray Lewis can shut up.
__________________
Props to Nashville Bengal Fan! for the sig!
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 02-06-2013, 09:55 AM
gmdino's Avatar
gmdino gmdino is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 9,464
Rep Points: 12393
Default Re: Ravens saved by the Refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzberg06 View Post
Ravens didn't get saved. 9ners got saved by power outage. Ravens return the opening kickoff 108 yards? then they have the 9ners on a 3rd and 13..Ravens defense hyped up Momentum all in favor of the Ravens? Haha. Ravens dominated this game. Joe Flacco shut me the hell up and FINALLY Ray Lewis can shut up.
Even the Ravens are saying that the 34 minutes really slowed them down.

Why?

They were dominating and I think they thought it was over...that's why.

The 49ers were still warming up while Flacco was walking around.

If the power outage hurt the Ravens its their own fault.

If they would have lost is THAT what they would have said vs their defense reverted to the Swiss cheese it has been most of the post-season?
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
...promoting sexism is actually a beautiful thing
Reply With Quote
  #171  
Old 02-06-2013, 09:59 AM
Blitzberg06's Avatar
Blitzberg06 Blitzberg06 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 8,949
Rep Points: 18257
Default Re: Ravens saved by the Refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdino View Post
Even the Ravens are saying that the 34 minutes really slowed them down.

Why?

They were dominating and I think they thought it was over...that's why.

The 49ers were still warming up while Flacco was walking around.

If the power outage hurt the Ravens its their own fault.

If they would have lost is THAT what they would have said vs their defense reverted to the Swiss cheese it has been most of the post-season?
To say the lights going out didn't slow down the momentum of the game is just insane.


Come out Jones returns it 108 yards..that right there tells me "Hey the Ravens came to play" Then BOOM lights go out. Lights never go out..I'll bet you 10 grand the Ravens run away with that game and it never goes down like it did.
__________________
Props to Nashville Bengal Fan! for the sig!
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 02-06-2013, 10:07 AM
gmdino's Avatar
gmdino gmdino is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 9,464
Rep Points: 12393
Default Re: Ravens saved by the Refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzberg06 View Post
To say the lights going out didn't slow down the momentum of the game is just insane.


Come out Jones returns it 108 yards..that right there tells me "Hey the Ravens came to play" Then BOOM lights go out. Lights never go out..I'll bet you 10 grand the Ravens run away with that game and it never goes down like it did.
But there's no way to know.

The 49ers had the same delay and THEY had to sit there knowing they were going out to fact a 3rd and 14 already losing 28-6.

That's a lot of time to just sit there and think...
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
...promoting sexism is actually a beautiful thing
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 02-06-2013, 10:14 AM
Blitzberg06's Avatar
Blitzberg06 Blitzberg06 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 8,949
Rep Points: 18257
Default Re: Ravens saved by the Refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdino View Post
But there's no way to know.

The 49ers had the same delay and THEY had to sit there knowing they were going out to fact a 3rd and 14 already losing 28-6.

That's a lot of time to just sit there and think...
About what to do and how you they were going to go about it. If I'm a QB and I'm the first 9ner QB to go into a superbowl since the HoFers Young and Montana and someone says here is 3rd and 14..we can't really waste timeouts to think it over because we may need them later if we mount a comeback AND this may determine the game in regards to momentum..go out and do it RIGHT now or hey power outage! Let's talk about it for 34 mins..let my nerves calm down..think about this with my coaches look at some defensive looks they been throwing out.. etc etc then let me go out..I'll take that any day of they week.

As much as you or whoever else would love to deny it...that 3rd and 13 was game changing. If they don't get that then they just flat out give the ravens great field position and time to run off the clock.


We do agree one thing though we will never know.
__________________
Props to Nashville Bengal Fan! for the sig!
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 02-06-2013, 11:54 AM
stonyhands's Avatar
stonyhands stonyhands is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Back in the USA
Posts: 1,903
Rep Points: 2672
Default Re: Ravens saved by the Refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzberg06 View Post
About what to do and how you they were going to go about it. If I'm a QB and I'm the first 9ner QB to go into a superbowl since the HoFers Young and Montana and someone says here is 3rd and 14..we can't really waste timeouts to think it over because we may need them later if we mount a comeback AND this may determine the game in regards to momentum..go out and do it RIGHT now or hey power outage! Let's talk about it for 34 mins..let my nerves calm down..think about this with my coaches look at some defensive looks they been throwing out.. etc etc then let me go out..I'll take that any day of they week.

As much as you or whoever else would love to deny it...that 3rd and 13 was game changing. If they don't get that then they just flat out give the ravens great field position and time to run off the clock.


We do agree one thing though we will never know.
Even though we will never know...we do know the 49ers had previously let games get away from them early only to come back strong and win in the end. We will never know if in this case it was the power outage or if it was just like the other games.

I have a feeling this outage wasn't just a random thing though. I'm no electrician but if I have an outage at my house all the lights are off like what happened at Candlestick. Granted the setup and demand is a tad different then my house. However why would different sections go off. Obviously the way the lights came back on different sections had to be on different circuits by the way the lights came on not all at the same time. Looks to me somebody flipped a couple switches. Cue the tin foil hat pictures.

Last edited by stonyhands; 02-06-2013 at 11:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 02-06-2013, 12:07 PM
Blitzberg06's Avatar
Blitzberg06 Blitzberg06 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 8,949
Rep Points: 18257
Default Re: Ravens saved by the Refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonyhands View Post
Even though we will never know...we do know the 49ers had previously let games get away from them early only to come back strong and win in the end. We will never know if in this case it was the power outage or if it was just like the other games.

I have a feeling this outage wasn't just a random thing though. I'm no electrician but if I have an outage at my house all the lights are off like what happened at Candlestick. Granted the setup and demand is a tad different then my house. However why would different sections go off. Obviously the way the lights came back on different sections had to be on different circuits by the way the lights came on not all at the same time. Looks to me somebody flipped a couple switches. Cue the tin foil hat pictures.
While I do agree they have came back in the past but if you come out of the half and the team that is up 21-6 RETURNS the opening kickoff 108 yards..you're down no 28-6. That is gonna kill any hope.


It did seem odd that the power went off AFTER the Ravens scored on opening kick off.
__________________
Props to Nashville Bengal Fan! for the sig!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.