Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Old 02-06-2013, 11:44 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12576
Default Re: Ravens saved by the Refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonyhands View Post
Even though we will never know...we do know the 49ers had previously let games get away from them early only to come back strong and win in the end. We will never know if in this case it was the power outage or if it was just like the other games.

I have a feeling this outage wasn't just a random thing though. I'm no electrician but if I have an outage at my house all the lights are off like what happened at Candlestick. Granted the setup and demand is a tad different then my house. However why would different sections go off. Obviously the way the lights came back on different sections had to be on different circuits by the way the lights came on not all at the same time. Looks to me somebody flipped a couple switches. Cue the tin foil hat pictures.
Not that unusual really.

Different outside transformers feed different sections of large structures like a stadium. In a structure that size you most likely have 2 outside sub stations that are feeding half of the stadium each. Then the inside of the stadium is probably split up further by at minimum 4 (but more likely more than 4) transformers on each half of the stadium that feed different sections of the stadium. Once the outside source is compromised it shuts down the inside transformers. Many times these transformers are on a loop and must be reset in a specific order, most times it is a matter of resetting them and going but more times than not the surge from the outside source will blow fuses in the transformers inside which then need replaced before resetting. Add to this the fact that lights such as stadium lights need to "warm" up once power is restored and all of the secondary equipment that needs restored (all of the technology that the teams use, telestrators etc).

I know this was a long explanation but it is meant to illustrate the fact that, yes the outage was 34 minutes but 34 minutes is damn fast for what all needs done.

"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Jack Lambert.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Old 02-06-2013, 11:48 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 18097

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
Not that unusual really.

Different outside transformers feed different sections of large structures like a stadium. In a structure that size you most likely have 2 outside sub stations that are feeding half of the stadium each. Then the inside of the stadium is probably split up further by at minimum 4 (but more likely more than 4) transformers on each half of the stadium that feed different sections of the stadium. Once the outside source is compromised it shuts down the inside transformers. Many times these transformers are on a loop and must be reset in a specific order, most times it is a matter of resetting them and going but more times than not the surge from the outside source will blow fuses in the transformers inside which then need replaced before resetting. Add to this the fact that lights such as stadium lights need to "warm" up once power is restored and all of the secondary equipment that needs restored (all of the technology that the teams use, telestrators etc).

I know this was a long explanation but it is meant to illustrate the fact that, yes the outage was 34 minutes but 34 minutes is damn fast for what all needs done.
Ah thanks for the detailed explanation.

This leads me to believe..

THE NFL PAID YOU TO COME ON HERE AND TELL US SOME BULL****!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-06-2013, 11:49 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12576

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzberg06 View Post
Ah thanks for the detailed explanation.

I'm sorry, their rays made through my tinfoil.

"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Jack Lambert.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Old 02-06-2013, 11:53 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
I'm sorry, their rays made through my tinfoil.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:50 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3625

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzberg06 View Post

And you should be mad!.... all this time you've been telling us bull for free.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:10 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
And you should be mad!.... all this time you've been telling us bull for free.
I got jipped :(
Old 02-06-2013, 07:44 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13109

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdino View Post
Even the Ravens are saying that the 34 minutes really slowed them down.

Why?

They were dominating and I think they thought it was over...that's why.

The 49ers were still warming up while Flacco was walking around.

If the power outage hurt the Ravens its their own fault.

If they would have lost is THAT what they would have said vs their defense reverted to the Swiss cheese it has been most of the post-season?
Offense was off the field for 84 minutes. They only scored another 6, but it was really the D and special teams that blew it after the surge. They allowed the 49ers to march down the field and gave them incredible field position with their lackluster punts and return coverage.

Doesn't really matter though, we won. A blow out would have been awesome but another championship for the city is the end result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Anyways, Adderral's not even a drug
-----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
I still don't think we are evolved from primates. I don't think we are even remotely related.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmicGeek View Post
We aren't evolved from primates, we are primates.
--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
I can guarentee you there is not a dude on the earth that is as passionate about his male lover as I am my relgion.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:47 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 60527

I just watched the replay of the SB last night on the NFL network. I paid special attention to the 49ers 4th down play. It was definitely not pass interference. Both players were hand fighting, and in fact, Crabtree had his hand on Smith's helmet right on his forehead and was pushing. Smith was falling down as the ball was in the air. Sorry steeler fans, the ravens win was legit.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:49 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16682

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
I just watched the replay of the SB last night on the NFL network. I paid special attention to the 49ers 4th down play. It was definitely not pass interference. Both players were hand fighting, and in fact, Crabtree had his hand on Smith's helmet right on his forehead and was pushing. Smith was falling down as the ball was in the air. Sorry steeler fans, the ravens win was legit.
Wasn't it a Bengals fan who started this thread?

Besides, the win would have been legit without your analysis. A bad call does not deligitimize the outcome of a game. If it did, precious few games would be 'legitimate'. Refs make mistakes all the time; it's part of the game that you just have to live with. Unless a bad call occurs as a game-deciding final play, there's no way of telling what would have happened if the call had gone the other way.

That being said, I agree with you: in this particualr case, it was a good non-call.