Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:03 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2631
Default Re: Ahmad Bradshaw Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast Jones View Post
I'm not reading through all that. I just skimmed though it and not sure what I'm supposed to be seeing. Just make your point. What would you like to correct me on?
I don't see what his point is either.....All I see is OSUFan can start a thread discussing FA pickups, but NO ONE ELSE can.....
Old 02-06-2013, 07:07 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 440

Eh, isn't he a power runner like BJGE? Would rather have a younger faster RB, but if he came cheap, why not give him a try in camp.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:12 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20631

If we brought him in along with a rb from the first 3 rounds of the draft, I would be alright with that. Of course he shouldnt be asking for a lot of money either, as that would be a factor in me being alright with it.

If there is one thing I won't waiver on, is that I think they need to bring in 2 more RBs to go with BJGE this season, while cutting ties with Leonard. Now if Herron looks good and can be the #3 rb on the roster and we draft a rookie in the upper rounds, I have no problem with that either. Peerman can stay for special teams and as an emergency backup if the other 3 go down.

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown
We did some good things today. - Marvin Lewis

Old 02-06-2013, 07:14 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24467
bengals Re: Ahmad Bradshaw Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night's Watch View Post
I don't see what his point is either.....All I see is OSUFan can start a thread discussing FA pickups, but NO ONE ELSE can.....
Yep that was the point there smart guy.

Or maybe it could be a thread of players that are not old broken down or "at the right" price.

No you must be correct. Makes no sense to target players that are coming off their first deals that have been highly productive and are with teams that could find themselves against the wall in regard to the salary cap. Yeah you are correct that would be a terrible way to do it. Broken down and end of career are the much better options.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:14 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson_fan1988 View Post
Eh, isn't he a power runner like BJGE? Would rather have a younger faster RB, but if he came cheap, why not give him a try in camp.
No, he was always the "Lightening" of the "Thunder and Lightening" Bradshaw-Jacobs duo.

He's not exactly a burner by any means, but he's been above average coming out of the backfield. I think he had around 50 catches a couple of years ago.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:17 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post

Or maybe it could be a thread of players that are not old broken down or "at the right" price.

No you must be correct. Makes no sense to target players that are coming off their first deals that have been highly productive and are with teams that could find themselves against the wall in regard to the salary cap. Yeah you are correct that would be a terrible way to do it. Broken down and end of career are the much better options.

Ok, fair enough. Who exactly are you talking about? I asked in the other post, but I'll ask again. What players (plural) are you eying, that you think would be great additions in FA? Just name the guys you like.

Last edited by Toast Jones; 02-06-2013 at 07:19 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:19 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 440

Quote:
No, he was always the "Lightening" of the "Thunder and Lightening" Bradshaw-Jacobs duo.

He's not exactly a burner by any means, but he's been above average coming out of the backfield. I think he had around 50 catches a couple of years ago.
Well good receiving RBs are always a good thing in a WC offense. I'd be down with letting him compete in training camp then.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:20 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1885

Quote:
If you want to tell someone to eat **** then do it.
As you would say, see post #12

Quote:
I believe you are one that constantly bashing the organization for being cheap yet you seem to be all over these"for the right price" threads. What I have found is that when it is for the"right price" it is because they are not worth their money
Think I found the disconnect here. You are confusing 'cheap' and 'right price.' Chris Crocker was 'cheap.' Pacman was 'right price'. See the difference? Your statement makes it sound like you would prefer we go after someone 'over priced', this is the incorrect strategy.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:28 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
I still don't know what you're talking about. You posted that thread as somehow a response to me. I'm not re-reading that to figure out what you're trying to say.

What I'm saying is that more often than not whenever I click on a thread about a FA I see the same people writing "No" "No thanks" "Are you kidding me", etc. That's all fine I guess, but when I see it over and over again it leads me to believe that some of those people don't want to sign anyone, ever, that has been a legitimate player in this league.

If I'm mistaken, my apologies, It just seems like every other post is anger or a complaint about someone mentioning a player. But please, list out some of the guys you would like to target in this FA period. I'd love to see where you're coming from.

PS Right price is relative to every single player. It has nothing to do with them not being worth their money. In fact, it's the exact opposite. Right price means getting them for the right value. In regards to Bradshaw, if he's brought into the right role, at, say 1-1.5 per, then I don't see that as using the money unproductively. To put that dollar amount into perspective, Jason Allen got 4 mil or so last year. Giving a healthy vet like Bradshaw a mil or so is nothing.

Tired of people wanting every broken down end of their career players or malcontents I.E.Titus Young that is released. I more for spending real money on younger productive players over bandaid players.

1) DeAndre Levy-LB
2) Justin Durant-LB
3) Nick Roach-LB
4) Antoine Cason-CB
5) Chris Clemons-S
6) Derek Cox-CB
7) Bradley Fletcher-CB
8) Sean Smith-CB
9) Brian Hartline-WR

Any one of those LBs solidifies the SLB position for several years. Any one of those CBs solidifies the position for several years. Clemons would solidify the safety position. Signing any one of these players even Hartline who would give us solid production while continuing to develop Sanu and Jones and gives us the ability to add young talent in the running game via the draft.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:30 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by urinalcake View Post
As you would say, see post #12

Think I found the disconnect here. You are confusing 'cheap' and 'right price.' Chris Crocker was 'cheap.' Pacman was 'right price'. See the difference? Your statement makes it sound like you would prefer we go after someone 'over priced', this is the incorrect strategy.
Cheap and right price is very subjective. If we signed Bradshaw it damn well better be cheap or you did not get "the right price".
Old 02-06-2013, 07:35 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2631

Quote:

Also based on your opinion....Well the OP's opinion is that Bradshaw may a good price and not broken down.

The biggest difference is that Bradshaw is actually a FA, none of your list has been released yet, so it is pure fantasy at this point. At least this topic is relevant.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:38 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Tired of people wanting every broken down end of their career players or malcontents I.E.Titus Young that is released. I more for spending real money on younger productive players over bandaid players.
See, that's surprising. So what you're saying is you've probably hated the majority of the FA's we've signed the last whatever years.

Funny, I seem to remember you loving the Wharton signing.

Just wait, we'll sign a number of guys that fit the description that you just listed, yet somehow you'll like (maybe even love the moves.) Funny how that works.

Wharton, Clements, Newman, Benson, Pacman, etc.... OSUfan HATED all of those signings. Who knew?
Old 02-06-2013, 07:43 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Cheap and right price is very subjective. If we signed Bradshaw it damn well better be cheap or you did not get "the right price".
I think that's what everyone was saying. (Right price = inexpensive in this case) If you weren't so butt hurt and rushing to type your usual "No! Another one of these stupid threads" then maybe you could have picked up on that.

I saw you absolutely rip a guy for wondering if Ted Ginn would be a nice replacement for Tate. You would have thought he just started a thread saying we should trade for Aaron Rodgers. Hey, I can get if you don't like Ted Ginn. Make a case as why you think it's not a good move. But to **** all over someone's post for wondering if adding a ST player is discussion worthy is, well, just shatty.

It comes across as mean spirited, and a bigger waste of everyone's time than what you're insinuating the topic at hand is. What, exactly, are you adding? If the post deserves little discussion, how are you helping it die by bumping it with your post? Why do you get so upset about something that could be a talking point for others? Are these names so unlikely and so unreasonable of a fit that an OP deserves ridicule? (I don't think so)

Last edited by Toast Jones; 02-06-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:44 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
See, that's surprising. So what you're saying is you've probably hated the majority of the FA's we've signed the last whatever years.

Funny, I seem to remember you loving the Wharton signing.

Just wait, we'll sign a number of guys that fit the description that you just listed, yet somehow you'll like (maybe even love the moves.) Funny how that works.

Wharton, Clements, Newman, Benson, Pacman, etc.... OSUfan HATED all of those signings. Who knew?
I was all for the Allen signing and thought he would be an asset to this defense. We see that did not work out.

I was for the Wharton signing.

Not a fan of the Adam Jones signing at the time but it has worked out decently. Much better this season as he managed to stay healthier.

Clements was an okay signing but him and Newman both were bandaid signings.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:47 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
I think that's what everyone was saying. (Right price = inexpensive in this case) If you weren't so butt hurt and rushing to type your usual "No! Another one of these stupid threads" then maybe you could have picked up on that.

I saw you absolutely rip a guy for wondering if Ted Ginn would be a nice replacement for Tate. You would have thought he just started a thread saying we should trade for Aaron Rodgers. Hey, I can get if you don't like Ted Ginn. Make a case as why you think it's not a good move. But to **** all over someone's post for wondering if adding a ST player is discussion worthy is, well, just shatty.

Why do you get so upset about something that could be a talking point for others? Are these names so unlikely and so unreasonable of a fit that an OP deserves ridicule? (I don't think so)
See you want to flap your gums rather than talk about signings that would be actually good for the team as you have gotten your list but have not acknowledged it after asking twice. Go ahead then and flap away.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:52 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
I was for the Wharton signing.
How was that not a band-aid signing?
Old 02-06-2013, 08:00 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
How was that not a band-aid signing?
Point proven thank you.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:02 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
See you want to flap your gums rather than talk about signings that would be actually good for the team as you have gotten your list but have not acknowledged it after asking twice. Go ahead then and flap away.
Here's some:

Reggie Bush
Jeremy Maclin (if available in trade for 3rd or less)
Steven Jackson (1-2 deal year deal, if healthy, under 3 mil, with RB drafted in rounds 2-4.)
Ahmad Bradshaw (See Steven Jackson, but under 2 mil here)
Dwayne Bowe (6-7.5 mil per, which is unlikely. And I'm open to it, but not in love with it.)
Kenny Phillips
Connor Barwin
Daryl Smith
Lou Delmas
Brian Urchlacher (maybe, obviously would need to be relatively cheap)

Now, I don't follow FA a bunch this time year. I'll get into more come the beginning of March. So I'm no expert. Although, I don't **** on everyone elses posts either.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:08 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Point proven thank you.
What are you talking about? You just said you don't like old "broken down" players approaching the end of their career and/or band-aids. But you were for the Wharton signing?

It seems to me someone like Bradshaw is a similar signing to someone like Wharton, no? Older player, some wear on the tread, but cheap. What am I missing here?

You either don't like those payers at all, or some you do. Or you only like them once they're here, because, well, you like everything we do. That's probably what's going on with Wharton. You just make an imaginary criteria, but that gets thrown out the window once you see what we're doing. "Hey, I like it!"

I mean really, what team signs more older broken down band-aids and malcontents than we do? Yet you always seems to love the approach. Except now, in this thread you don't?

Weird.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:44 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8978

i wouldn't mind bringing in michael boley
4th Cam Thomas CB
4th Brandon Ivory DT
5th Jarvis Harrison G
5th Cedric Reed DE
6th Malcolm Brown RB
7th Derrick Malone LB
2014 draft
1st Deone Bucannon S
2nd Cyrus Kouandjio T
3rd Pierre Desir CB
UDFA Keith Smith LB
UDFA Austin Franklin WR
UDFA Dede Lattimore LB
UDFA Jerome Smith RB
UDFA Chaz Sutton DE
UDFA Josh Stewart WR
UDFA Avery Patterson CB
UDFA Antonio Andrews RB
Old 02-06-2013, 09:37 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
What are you talking about? You just said you don't like old "broken down" players approaching the end of their career and/or band-aids. But you were for the Wharton signing?

It seems to me someone like Bradshaw is a similar signing to someone like Wharton, no? Older player, some wear on the tread, but cheap. What am I missing here?

You either don't like those payers at all, or some you do. Or you only like them once they're here, because, well, you like everything we do. That's probably what's going on with Wharton. You just make an imaginary criteria, but that gets thrown out the window once you see what we're doing. "Hey, I like it!"

I mean really, what team signs more older broken down band-aids and malcontents than we do? Yet you always seems to love the approach. Except now, in this thread you don't?

Weird.
Let's put your pot stirring to rest since you really do not want to talk free agents which you have proven numerous times in the thread. How far back would you like to go?

Coles-complete waste of time and money.
Bryant-loved the signing unfortunately the knee was shot.
TO-hated the signing from day 1.That never changed.
Ellis-Liked the signing for what it was actually meant to do and that was strengthen a deficiency in short yardage and redzone scoring. The unfortunate injury to Scott turned him into the main and only guy.
Wharton-still think it could be a good signing that could provide veteran depth on the line. Age on a lineman is no where near the same as on a RB. You know that as well all just part of the pot stirring.
Gilberry-did not have much thought on the signing at the time but only a moron would not love it now.
Adam Jones-covered earlier. With his history I was not a fan of the signing. It has turned out relatively well however you can see time is taking it's toll. He stayed pretty healthy this season.
Newman-bandaid IMO. Played better than I thought he would.
Allen-loved the signing and never expected the constant injury situation we had with him. May have been my favorite initial signing last season.
Jamal Anderson-thought it was an okay rotational depth signing nothing more.
Clements-probably about the best we could have managed at the time. Had a good single season. But age was a serious deterrent to me.

Anyone I missed that you would care to hear about?

One more thing. No I do not love everything they do. I was very vocal about the TO situation and spoke against since the talk began. Was against it the entire season and was vocal about it. What I do not find productive is nitpicking every little thing the organization does and constantly whining about it.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:10 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20894

Quote:
Here's some:

Reggie Bush
Jeremy Maclin (if available in trade for 3rd or less)
Steven Jackson (1-2 deal year deal, if healthy, under 3 mil, with RB drafted in rounds 2-4.)
Ahmad Bradshaw (See Steven Jackson, but under 2 mil here)
Dwayne Bowe (6-7.5 mil per, which is unlikely. And I'm open to it, but not in love with it.)
Kenny Phillips
Connor Barwin
Daryl Smith
Lou Delmas
Brian Urchlacher (maybe, obviously would need to be relatively cheap)

Now, I don't follow FA a bunch this time year. I'll get into more come the beginning of March. So I'm no expert. Although, I don't **** on everyone elses posts either.
Bush--I'd like it.

Maclin--He strikes me as never being as consistently good as he should be. That said, I'm sure he could help. It's not like the Eagles are loaded at WR, so why would they let him go? And if they do, what does that say about him? Maybe they're up against the cap. I don't know.

Jackson--Would certainly prefer him to Bradshaw. I'd say he's got a couple years left. It would make the Chris Perry/Steven Jackson complete, wouldn't it?

Bradshaw--Can you count on him for the year? With him, that's my biggest concern.

Bowe--absolutely. Takes our offense to a whole new level.

Phillips--maybe. I hear him described as solid but not much of a playmaker. Solid would be an upgrade but let's not stop there. Let's go for outstanding. He'd be better than Crocker and might ease the transition to the rookie. But I'd still draft one early.

Barwin--love the way he plays. Does he work in a 4-3?

Smith--absolutely. I can picture him being hungry to get out of Jacksonville. Sign him and still draft a LB early if the value is there.

Delmas--don't know much about him.

Urlacher--when's the last time he played a whole season? Signing him would seem a lot like the signing Sam Adams--a great player too far past his prime. I would like to move past trying to catch lightning in a bottle. We're plenty old on defense already.

Not a bad list. I could live with most of the names on it and some I would welcome with open arms.

singersongwriterrocknroll
Old 02-06-2013, 10:26 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post

Urlacher--when's the last time he played a whole season? Signing him would seem a lot like the signing Sam Adams--a great player too far past his prime. I would like to move past trying to catch lightning in a bottle. We're plenty old on defense already.

Not a bad list. I could live with most of the names on it and some I would welcome with open arms.
Yeah, I'm not totally sold that he'd be a good fit, but I when I his name out there it does make me wonder. When he's been healthy he's still been pretty darn good.

I just think we need some upgrades at LB spot as a whole and just better overall depth. And I also think that he could be such a great mentor to a kid like Burfict. I wouldn't want Urlacher with no other upgrades to LB either. I'd like to bring him in with a Barwin and/or a draft pick.

But... I can totally see just drafting more help, and maybe pursuing younger options in FA. It's probably wishful thinking anyway. He'll probably end up somewhere like NE. But if he did ever end up, well that's a jersey I'd have to consider adding my collection.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:31 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Let's put your pot stirring to rest since you really do not want to talk free agents which you have proven numerous times in the thread.

How exactly have you come to this new conclusion? I always like talking FA's. I'm not sure how I've given you any reason to believe otherwise.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:42 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9392

Quote:
Originally Posted by urinalcake View Post
Per PFT:

"Giants release Ahmad Bradshaw, per source with knowledge of transaction."

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/...53360228442115

I wouldn't mind picking him up if the price is right.
NO!