Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:09 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3855
Default Re: Which player do you like...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
What a Lebeau you are. Yeah his first name would censor or that is what I would have used.

Frederick is versatile as well has played guard and center for the Badgers. Has as well played against NFL caliber fronts. Unless of course you are one of those that believe only the SEC puts out NFL talent.

Hmmm. ....Zeitler has seemed to transition pretty well even though he was not playing against that awesome SEC talent. You must be right though I mean Wisconsin does a terrible job of generating NFL caliber offensive linemen.
Richard is censored?
Old 02-06-2013, 09:14 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 21497
bengals Re: Which player do you like...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
Richard is censored?
The shortened version of it is. Apparently asking a completely legit question has some resorting to name calling these days.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:20 PM
VIP Silver Member

[quote=OSUfan;2802676][quote=Cincy's Best;2802651]This is not quite accurate. Jones struggles against smaller speedier DTs. Which he would get to practice against one of the best in the league.

Quote:
After playing well against LSU, Jones had a lot of problems against Texas A&M. He was beaten repeatedly by an undersized, speedy defensive tackle. Jones made up for it in the SEC Championship against Georgia. After a few rough plays in the first half, Jones was phenomenal in the second half. He dominated nose tackle Kwame Geathers as Alabama's run game ran wild over the Bulldogs. Jones also had success against massive nose tackle John Jenkins.

Jones had a harder time with Mississippi State compared to other teams he has played against this season. Heavy defensive tackle Dewayne Cherrington was a challenge for Jones and guard Chance Warmack. Jones had a good game overall, but wasn't as overwhelming as he has been in other games.

Jones played well against Missouri. He opened up holes for Eddie Lacy to have a huge day and was excellent in pass protection. When going against talented defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson, Jones had success. The senior also had a superb outing against Arkansas. He dominated the Razorbacks on the ground and in pass blocking.

He did not dominate in the Georgia game as you have stated. Yes the running game worked well but you state this as if every run went directly over center. If I am not mistaken there were also downs he was taken out of the Georgia game.

There is also a direct part of my statement you paid no regard to. In the LSU game where were they positioning the DT on a consistent basis? Was the DT directly over him or in a gap? I stated he struggles with the DT directly over him. You could even take out the word big if you would like. For whatever reason he has an issue with a DT directly over him.

And yes I would absolutely still take Frederick.
Look, you posted that Jones "struggles" against massive DTs. I posted a scouting report on the guy that is contrary to your statement. The scouting report stated that he dominated Georgia in the 2nd half, the guy had a slow start but finished strong.

Now you are pretending that I missed something in your post. That is not true, I read it and disagreed with that assessment and posted a rebuttal. I also said that your original statement isn't entirely accurate. Any player will have ups and downs, however you make it sound like Jones will always "struggle" against massive DTs.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:22 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
The shortened version of it is. Apparently asking a completely legit question has some resorting to name calling these days.
I know what you meant. I was just making a joke. I know Lebeau's name is censored, but the way you posted it was that his first name is censored. His first name is Richard, we call him asterisk.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:43 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 21497
bengals Re: Which player do you like...

[quote=Cincy's Best;2802820][quote=OSUfan;2802676]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
This is not quite accurate. Jones struggles against smaller speedier DTs. Which he would get to practice against one of the best in the league.

Look, you posted that Jones "struggles" against massive DTs. I posted a scouting report on the guy that is contrary to your statement. The scouting report stated that he dominated Georgia in the 2nd half, the guy had a slow start but finished strong.

Now you are pretending that I missed something in your post. That is not true, I read it and disagreed with that assessment and posted a rebuttal. I also said that your original statement isn't entirely accurate. Any player will have ups and downs, however you make it sound like Jones will always "struggle" against massive DTs.
I do not think you are completely following what I am saying. Take size of DT out of the equation. When I see Jones struggle it is with a DT lined up directly over him rather than gap playing him to either side. He just does not seem to react as well when he is directly covered. .
Maybe I did not state my point correctly to begin with.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:01 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3059

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
I don't want to have to draft OLine this year, but if we have to we have to. Who'd best fit our scheme? Jones or Frederick out of Wisconsin?
O-line is one of the positions I think you draft every year.
can never have too much quality depth.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:40 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 50993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
O-line is one of the positions I think you draft every year.
can never have too much quality depth.
I believe Shady is talking about being forced to take an early offensive lineman. Are we going to take an OL in the draft? 99% likely since we have drafted a lineman every year of the team's existence except 1997 and 2000.

You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Quote:
The price of greatness is responsibility.-Mike Riley, Oregon State football coach

Rodney Holman-318
Jermaine Gresham-218
Old 02-07-2013, 12:24 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4224

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino5130 View Post
Barret Jones..... 2 National Champ rings. In which the Oline was a big strength in both and played all three positions C, G and OT in his time at Bama

Lugis 0 Rings Center only---- just a tough break with that Injury, but it is football

Robinson 0 Rings Center only--- really showed promise, good in Pass Pro, and the Bengal O seemed to have good rythm with him behind center. It was an obvious downgrad when Cook retained his spot on the line.

Now I like Robinson and think he should start esp. over Cook, but I wouldnt mind picking up the versitale Barret Jones who can play any position on the line and is a proven winner. Jones would add immediate talent and depth, and hell could find himself starting Week one at either G or C. Interrior Oline is still a need IMO. Until the Bengals can run the ball consistently up the middle while getting decent Pass Pro I will continue this tireless rant.
Robinson was actually a guard in college. On top of being a rookie he was basically learning the C position.