Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

View Poll Results: Do you think Andy Dalton is a Championship caliber QB?
Yes 149 68.98%
No 67 31.02%
Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #126  
Old 02-06-2013, 04:22 PM
Housh's Avatar
Housh Housh is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Fort Lewis, WA/Trotwood, Ohio
Posts: 3,352
Rep Points: 3277
Default Re: Do you really have faith that Dalton is the QB that leads us to a championship?




We gonna talk about somethin else or......
__________________
LOVE YOU BETHANY AND BENGALS!!! LET HAVE A GOOD 2013 TOGETHER!!!


Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 02-06-2013, 05:12 PM
CornerBlitz's Avatar
CornerBlitz CornerBlitz is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,038
Rep Points: 3214
Default Re: Do you really have faith that Dalton is the QB that leads us to a championship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapaKain View Post
He doesn't have to do any mechanical thing great to be a great quarterback: he's a winner; he's got plenty of poise; he's a leader. Just because you want some prototypical quarterback doesn't make you right; it makes you picky. And whiny.
Well I do give you credit for 1 thing...........You are great at making excuses for him. If I may make one suggestion try to get your hands on Coach Cam and see how he goes through his progressions and ignores half of the field time and time again when players like Gresham and others are running wide open.

I do like that you tried to justify all of Dalton's inferiorities but at the end of the day there are many things that he needs work on. If you consider him a winner because he barely made the playoffs 2 years in a row and then proceeded to get crushed both games in the playoffs then so be it.
__________________
No more excuses for Dalton...time to put up or shut up.
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 02-06-2013, 05:15 PM
BigPapaKain's Avatar
BigPapaKain BigPapaKain is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Posts: 6,749
Rep Points: 12367
Default Re: Do you really have faith that Dalton is the QB that leads us to a championship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornerBlitz View Post
Well I do give you credit for 1 thing...........You are great at making excuses for him. If I may make one suggestion try to get your hands on Coach Cam and see how he goes through his progressions and ignores half of the field time and time again when players like Gresham and others are running wide open.

I do like that you tried to justify all of Dalton's inferiorities but at the end of the day there are many things that he needs work on. If you consider him a winner because he barely made the playoffs 2 years in a row and then proceeded to get crushed both games in the playoffs then so be it.
You keep saying I'm making excuses, but you're the one digging for reasons to hate. Whatever; I'd be better off talking to a wall for all the good talking to you is doing. Numbers don't lie, but apparently your opinion is to be regarded as fact by all on these boards.

Be miserable all you want - but don't try and act like your being objective or trying to have a debate, since you're spewing the same non-stop nonsense you've been spewing since page one. I'm not saying he doesn't have room for improvement, but you need to stop acting like he's bottom of the barrel or that all the teams woes can be placed directly on his shoulders.

BTW: You're opinion is in the minority around here and probably pretty much everywhere else. If you call it like you see it, I suggest getting glasses.
__________________
Vi veri universum vivus vici - By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 02-06-2013, 05:26 PM
CornerBlitz's Avatar
CornerBlitz CornerBlitz is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,038
Rep Points: 3214
Default Re: Do you really have faith that Dalton is the QB that leads us to a championship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapaKain View Post
You keep saying I'm making excuses, but you're the one digging for reasons to hate. Whatever; I'd be better off talking to a wall for all the good talking to you is doing. Numbers don't lie, but apparently your opinion is to be regarded as fact by all on these boards.

Be miserable all you want - but don't try and act like your being objective or trying to have a debate, since you're spewing the same non-stop nonsense you've been spewing since page one. I'm not saying he doesn't have room for improvement, but you need to stop acting like he's bottom of the barrel or that all the teams woes can be placed directly on his shoulders.

BTW: You're opinion is in the minority around here and probably pretty much everywhere else. If you call it like you see it, I suggest getting glasses.
I could care less if my opinion is in the minority. If you were to take this poll in a general NFL message forum I guarantee you my opinion would be in the majority. Many Bengals fans have blinders on including yourself.

You claim you do not make excuses.......that is laughable. Look at how you addressed all my points I brought up. You put no blame on Dalton. The NFL is a QB driven league......just look at the types of QBs that have won the SB the past 8 seasons. If you find Dalton to be a great QB so be it but don't act like a different opinion is unacceptable. I have made the case countless times because you keep making inferior excuses for him as if he is your son or kin.

I suggest you go and watch film on the guy then watch film on the other 10 or so QBs that are clearly better than him and it will lead you to the conclusion that Dalton is a mediocre QB with mediocre talent.
__________________
No more excuses for Dalton...time to put up or shut up.
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 02-06-2013, 05:46 PM
PapaGaff's Avatar
PapaGaff PapaGaff is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 61
Rep Points: 104
Default Re: Do you really have faith that Dalton is the QB that leads us to a championship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishouldbegm View Post
our offensive line is not as good as the 49ers pats or broncos.
While Kaepernick maybe a phenom we will wish we had, Flacco has been 5 years developing into a top flight QB. Give Andy a couple more years and a couple more targets, and he may well lead us to the promised land.
But I also like the idea of drafting a QB like Matt Scott, who like Kaepernick, may need a year or more to develop. Not a bad insurance plan if Andy plateaus and is not the answer.
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 02-06-2013, 05:50 PM
PapaGaff's Avatar
PapaGaff PapaGaff is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 61
Rep Points: 104
Default Re: Do you really have faith that Dalton is the QB that leads us to a championship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornerBlitz View Post
QBs that are playing at an elite level win championships. Unfortunately Dalton is not elite and i doubt he ever will be.

Unless we have the defense of the ravens 12 years ago or the Bucs a few years after that I don't see the Bengals winning a SB with Dalton.

What does Andy Dalton do exceptionally well?
Nothing.
He's pretty good at getting his team to the playoffs... 2 for 2.

Last edited by PapaGaff; 02-06-2013 at 05:51 PM. Reason: mising word
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 02-06-2013, 06:13 PM
BigPapaKain's Avatar
BigPapaKain BigPapaKain is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Posts: 6,749
Rep Points: 12367
Default Re: Do you really have faith that Dalton is the QB that leads us to a championship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornerBlitz View Post
I could care less if my opinion is in the minority. If you were to take this poll in a general NFL message forum I guarantee you my opinion would be in the majority. Many Bengals fans have blinders on including yourself.

You claim you do not make excuses.......that is laughable. Look at how you addressed all my points I brought up. You put no blame on Dalton. The NFL is a QB driven league......just look at the types of QBs that have won the SB the past 8 seasons. If you find Dalton to be a great QB so be it but don't act like a different opinion is unacceptable. I have made the case countless times because you keep making inferior excuses for him as if he is your son or kin.

I suggest you go and watch film on the guy then watch film on the other 10 or so QBs that are clearly better than him and it will lead you to the conclusion that Dalton is a mediocre QB with mediocre talent.
I bet you there are at least 16 teams out there that would love to have Andy Dalton as their starting quarterback. How about you take your little poll to a general NFL forum and see where he ranks up. It's not about having blinders on - it's simple statistics. Statistics YOU refuse to even acknowledge.

At this point, it's probably a pretty safe bet that Dalton had sex with your ex-girlfriend or wife or something at some point. Dalton has outperformed many quarterbacks with less to work with and has done something only 2 other quarterbacks have ever done in NFL history. You go on thinking he's mediocre - you'll keep being wrong, but I'm sure you're not the kind of person to ever go back on something once you've made up your mind, AMIRIGHT?!?!
__________________
Vi veri universum vivus vici - By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 02-06-2013, 06:35 PM
Shake n Blake's Avatar
Shake n Blake Shake n Blake is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Homers gonna home
Posts: 13,878
Rep Points: 29686
Default Re: Do you really have faith that Dalton is the QB that leads us to a championship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornerBlitz View Post
So true.....AJ green makes Daltons life so much easier. He is arguably the most talented WR other than calvin johnson. People are so quick to forget about what an asset he is to dalton.
AJ Green is indeed an asset. But how much of an asset is he when opponents can key in on him because we have no one else? Check this out. Here is a list of players with 20+ catches on each playoff team from last year. I included their # of receptions next to their names:

Ravens: Boldin- 65, Pitta- 61, Ray Rice- 61, Torrey Smith- 49, Jacoby Jones- 30, Dickson- 21, Leach- 21

Patriots: Welker- 118, Lloyd- 74, Gronkowski- 55, Hernandez- 51, Woodhead- 40, Edelman- 21

Packers: Cobb- 80, James Jones- 64, Finley- 61, Nelson- 49, Jennings- 36

Broncos: Thomas- 94, Decker- 85, Tamme- 55, Stokley- 45, Dreeson- 41, McGahee- 26, Moreno- 21

Falcons: Roddy White- 92, Julio Jones- 79, Gonzalez- 93, Jacquizz Rodgers- 53, Harry Douglas- 38, Snelling- 31

49ers: Crabtree- 85, Manningham- 42, Davis- 41, Moss- 28, Gore- 28, Walker- 21

Seahawks: Rice- 50, Tate- 45, Miller- 38, Baldwin- 29, Lynch- 23

Redskins: Morgan- 48, Garcon- 44, Moss- 41, Hankerson- 38, Paulson- 25, Davis- 24

Vikings: Harvin- 62, Rudolph- 53, Jenkins- 40, Peterson- 40, Simpson- 26, Wright- 22, Gerhart- 20

Texans: Johnson- 112, Daniels- 62, Walter- 41, Foster- 40, Casey- 34, Graham- 28

Colts: Wayne- 106, Avery- 60, Hilton- 50, Allen- 45, Fleener- 26

Bengals: Green- 97, Gresham- 64, Hawkins- 51, Green-Ellis- 22

Receivers with 20+ catches

Broncos- 7
Ravens- 7
Vikings- 7
Patriots- 6
Falcons- 6
49ers- 6
Texans- 6
Skins- 6
Packers- 5
Seahawks- 5
Colts- 5
Bengals- 4

Honestly, this isn't even limited to playoff teams. I could take just about any team with a half decent QB, and they all have more weapons than Andy.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 02-06-2013, 06:51 PM
Anderson_fan1988's Avatar
Anderson_fan1988 Anderson_fan1988 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Centerville, OH
Posts: 310
Rep Points: 440
Default Re: Do you really have faith that Dalton is the QB that leads us to a championship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post

Bengals: Green- 97, Gresham- 64, Hawkins- 51, Green-Ellis- 22

Receivers with 20+ catches

Broncos- 7
Ravens- 7
Vikings- 7
Patriots- 6
Falcons- 6
49ers- 6
Texans- 6
Skins- 6
Packers- 5
Seahawks- 5
Colts- 5
Bengals- 4

Honestly, this isn't even limited to playoff teams. I could take just about any team with a half decent QB, and they all have more weapons than Andy.
Damn, I knew we were lacking a #2 WR, but to go through a whole season and not have at least 20 catches..course it doesn't help when you have 4 different #2s throughout the year.
__________________
I'm Garrus Vakarian, and this is my favorite team in the NFL
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 02-06-2013, 06:55 PM
ginger phoenix's Avatar
ginger phoenix ginger phoenix is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 376
Rep Points: 937
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by umkubas View Post
The correct question is:

Can the Cincinnati Bengals defeat the Miami Dolphins, Minnesota Vikings, Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers, the Baltimore Ravens (once) and the Piitsburgh Steelers (once) in the 2013 National Football League schedule.

That would give the Cincinnati Bengals a 11-6 schedule outcome [I have posted that they will win against the Buffalo Bills, New York Jets, Detroit Lions and Cleveland Browns (twice) in the 2013 National Football League schedule]

The next question to be answered is can the Cincinnati Bengals win the 2014 American Football Conference Wild Card game.

The Cincinnati Bengals are a team. Quarterback Dalton does play a major role in the determination of the outcome of the 2013 National Football League schedule but the defense will also play a major role in the outcome.

From quarterback Dalton's sample size of two consectutive wild card losses, one would draw from the outcomes of these games that quarterback Dalton has none of the qualities that wild card game, divsional game, or conference championship game winners display.

Faith belongs in the realm of religion. The National Football League is a business and a sport.
Why don't you tell me the last time a quarterback led the bengals to consecutive winning seasons? How about in his first 2 years? Or how about a list of quarterbacks that led their team to playoffs in their first 2 seasons period? That's not a long list, and the names on that list for the most part are pretty elite. There are a few exceptions, like a quarterback taking over a well established team like the ravens or when the jets had a good enough running game and defense to carry the team. If Dalton can lead this team to the playoffs next year he will have done something no bengals quarterback has ever done. So why don't you come off your little Dalton hating soapbox and shove it up your ***.
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 02-06-2013, 07:05 PM
Shake n Blake's Avatar
Shake n Blake Shake n Blake is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Homers gonna home
Posts: 13,878
Rep Points: 29686
Default Re: Do you really have faith that Dalton is the QB that leads us to a championship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson_fan1988 View Post
Damn, I knew we were lacking a #2 WR, but to go through a whole season and not have at least 20 catches..course it doesn't help when you have 4 different #2s throughout the year.
Sanu was our only half decent #2 this year.

If you take Sanu's numbers over his 3 starts and project them to 16 games, it looks like this:

85 catches - 821 yards - 21 TDs

The other WRs that started at #2 (Binns, Tate, Jones) had only 49 catches, 622 yards and 3 TD's in 13 starts.

Obviously, he trusted Sanu a little more than the others. Especially in the end zone.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 02-06-2013, 07:10 PM
Anderson_fan1988's Avatar
Anderson_fan1988 Anderson_fan1988 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Centerville, OH
Posts: 310
Rep Points: 440
Default Re: Do you really have faith that Dalton is the QB that leads us to a championship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
Sanu was our only half decent #2 this year.

If you take Sanu's numbers over his 3 starts and project them to 16 games, it looks like this:

85 catches - 821 yards - 21 TDs

The other WRs that started at #2 (Binns, Tate, Jones) had only 49 catches, 622 yards and 3 TD's in 13 starts.

Obviously, he trusted Sanu a little more than the others. Especially in the end zone.
Holy hell look at those TD numbers lol I know he wouldn't hit that, but crazy to think he even projects to that high of a number.
__________________
I'm Garrus Vakarian, and this is my favorite team in the NFL
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 02-06-2013, 07:14 PM
Shake n Blake's Avatar
Shake n Blake Shake n Blake is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Homers gonna home
Posts: 13,878
Rep Points: 29686
Default Re: Do you really have faith that Dalton is the QB that leads us to a championship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson_fan1988 View Post
Holy hell look at those TD numbers lol I know he wouldn't hit that, but crazy to think he even projects to that high of a number.
It felt silly to type that, but that just shows you he was ballin in the end zone. 4 scores in 3 starts.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 02-06-2013, 07:38 PM
OSUfan's Avatar
OSUfan OSUfan is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: vandalia, ohio
Posts: 21,839
Rep Points: 23528
bengals Re: Do you really have faith that Dalton is the QB that leads us to a championship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornerBlitz View Post
Well I do give you credit for 1 thing...........You are great at making excuses for him. If I may make one suggestion try to get your hands on Coach Cam and see how he goes through his progressions and ignores half of the field time and time again when players like Gresham and others are running wide open.

I do like that you tried to justify all of Dalton's inferiorities but at the end of the day there are many things that he needs work on. If you consider him a winner because he barely made the playoffs 2 years in a row and then proceeded to get crushed both games in the playoffs then so be it.
See here is your problem. He did not make or not make anything. The team made or did not make. You speak of Gresham running wide open and Dalton not seeing him. What about Dalton seeing him then hitting him dead in the hands and him not catching it? What about drops by AJ during the season in games we should have won? Or is it taboo to speak of those things because it is AJ? What about AJ flat letting a ball get picked in the Texans game with no effort to turn DB?

It is a team game won and lost by a team. Again QBs get way too much credit and way too much blame.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 02-06-2013, 07:52 PM
McC's Avatar
McC McC is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 14,349
Rep Points: 19656
Default Re: Do you really have faith that Dalton is the QB that leads us to a championship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornerBlitz View Post
If ya don't like it.......don't post. I'm at work makes time go by faster son..

Simple really
You are simple. There's no doubt about that. Sorry that I see thru you.

Even if every one of us agreed with you, it still changes nothing. That's the point that keeps going over your head.
__________________
www.musicsite.biz/leftyohio

singersongwriterrocknroll
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 02-06-2013, 08:02 PM
OSUfan's Avatar
OSUfan OSUfan is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: vandalia, ohio
Posts: 21,839
Rep Points: 23528
Default Re: Do you really have faith that Dalton is the QB that leads us to a championship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
You are simple. There's no doubt about that. Sorry that I see thru you.

Even if every one of us agreed with you, it still changes nothing. That's the point that keeps going over your head.
Do not think his poll turned out as he planned.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 02-06-2013, 08:58 PM
CornerBlitz's Avatar
CornerBlitz CornerBlitz is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,038
Rep Points: 3214
Default Re: Do you really have faith that Dalton is the QB that leads us to a championship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
Do not think his poll turned out as he planned.
You people are so caught up in the results of the polls as if i care. I am used to having the minority opinion here. People like me and Toast tend to have opinions that people hate but more often than not the results prove our points.

In any case there is no point in discussing this any further with certain people. ShakenBlake good stat on the 2nd WR......you don't have to convince me that we are lacking a number 2 WR.........as you know i had been ****** the whole off season on why we didn't attain one.

I will ask you this question shake......if we had a decent number 2, do you really think Dalton's performance would be taht much different than it was in the playoff game? I think you are putting way too much emphasis on the number 2 as if that will solve all of Daltons problems. The guy has a Great number 1, a top 10 TE, and an above average offensive line. I think that should suffice to play much better than he did the last 5 games of the season.
__________________
No more excuses for Dalton...time to put up or shut up.

Last edited by CornerBlitz; 02-06-2013 at 09:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 02-06-2013, 09:13 PM
Shake n Blake's Avatar
Shake n Blake Shake n Blake is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Homers gonna home
Posts: 13,878
Rep Points: 29686
Default Re: Do you really have faith that Dalton is the QB that leads us to a championship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornerBlitz View Post
You people are so caught up in the results of the polls as if i care. I am used to having the minority opinion here. People like me and Toast tend to have opinions that people hate but more often than not the results prove our points.

In any case there is no point in discussing this any further with certain people. ShakenBlake good stat on the 2nd WR......you don't have to convince me that we are lacking a number 2 WR.........as you know i had been ****** the whole off season on why we didn't attain one.

I will ask you this question shake......if we had a decent number 2, do you really think Dalton's performance would be taht much different than it was in the playoff game? I think you are putting way too much emphasis on the number 2 as if that will solve all of Daltons problems. The guy has a Great number 1, a top 10 TE, and an above average offensive line. I think that should suffice to play much better than he did the last 5 games of the season.
Probably.

First Half: 4 of 10 for 3 yards. The game plan was to get others involved. Gresham had 3 drops and it was proven that Andy can't rely on anyone other than AJ.

Second Half: 10 of 20 for 124 yards. These are respectable numbers, but that's mostly throwing to AJ.

If we'd had a reliable #2, I'm sure the first half would've been much different. We only lost the game by 6 points.

You gotta believe that with a legit #2, we could've gotten 7 more points at least.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 02-06-2013, 09:52 PM
McC's Avatar
McC McC is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 14,349
Rep Points: 19656
Default Re: Do you really have faith that Dalton is the QB that leads us to a championship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornerBlitz View Post
You people are so caught up in the results of the polls as if i care. I am used to having the minority opinion here. People like me and Toast tend to have opinions that people hate but more often than not the results prove our points.

In any case there is no point in discussing this any further with certain people. ShakenBlake good stat on the 2nd WR......you don't have to convince me that we are lacking a number 2 WR.........as you know i had been ****** the whole off season on why we didn't attain one.

I will ask you this question shake......if we had a decent number 2, do you really think Dalton's performance would be taht much different than it was in the playoff game? I think you are putting way too much emphasis on the number 2 as if that will solve all of Daltons problems. The guy has a Great number 1, a top 10 TE, and an above average offensive line. I think that should suffice to play much better than he did the last 5 games of the season.
Give me three examples of this. If it's more often than not, three should come right off the top of your head.

You think you have some big insight, but all you really are is a contrarian and this thread is proof. You're not really discussing anything. You're just talking to hear yourself talk.

You're not arriving at any new points, you just keep rehashing the same one, which is you don't like Andy Dalton. Message received. What else ya got?
__________________
www.musicsite.biz/leftyohio

singersongwriterrocknroll
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 02-06-2013, 09:56 PM
dcm226's Avatar
dcm226 dcm226 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 335
Rep Points: 202
Default Re: Do you really have faith that Dalton is the QB that leads us to a championship?

This thread is weak. I didn't really read through it. But why do people not understand that an offense is 11 men, not 1?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 02-06-2013, 10:08 PM
hacker hacker is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,253
Rep Points: 1359
Default Re: Do you really have faith that Dalton is the QB that leads us to a championship?

Joe Flacco was getting criticised this year for his play and now he's the Super Bowl MVP and a Superstar fater 6 yrs. Give Dalton another year or 2 and let's see how he progresses
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 02-06-2013, 10:17 PM
fredtoast's Avatar
fredtoast fredtoast is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Scenic East Tennessee
Posts: 47,342
Rep Points: 51601
Default Re: Do you really have faith that Dalton is the QB that leads us to a championship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
What does he do well? He produces. And that is what counts.

Now let me ask you a question. How could a QB that has all the faults you claim Dalton has produce in his first two seasons on a level equal to or better than almost every QB in the league that is considered elite? How is that possible?
[quote=fredtoast;2802221]Why wouldn't I have faith that he could go on a run like that. Everything about his career so far puts him on the same level of almost every single QB that is considered elite today.

His numbers are better than Flacco's through his first two seasons.

So why shouldn't I have faith that Andy can do it?[/quote]

Hey Corner Blitz. Why you running away from the questions I am asking you?
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 02-06-2013, 11:16 PM
CornerBlitz's Avatar
CornerBlitz CornerBlitz is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,038
Rep Points: 3214
Default Re: Do you really have faith that Dalton is the QB that leads us to a championship?

[quote=fredtoast;2802844]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
Why wouldn't I have faith that he could go on a run like that. Everything about his career so far puts him on the same level of almost every single QB that is considered elite today.

His numbers are better than Flacco's through his first two seasons.

So why shouldn't I have faith that Andy can do it?[/quote]

Hey Corner Blitz. Why you running away from the questions I am asking you?
Simple answer.....Different Era. Look at how many fantastic young QBs are in the league. Prior to a few years ago before all the rule changes you would never have QBs play at such a high level. All you have to do is look at the last 2 drafts.........

Russell Wilson
Colin Kaepernick
RG3
Andrew Luck

All of these QBs have had early success and all of them have taken their teams to the playoffs. This is a growing trend, When you compare Dalton to these QBs do you think Dalton is better? If you do then you my friend have absolutely no understanding of football.
__________________
No more excuses for Dalton...time to put up or shut up.

Last edited by CornerBlitz; 02-06-2013 at 11:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 02-06-2013, 11:22 PM
CornerBlitz's Avatar
CornerBlitz CornerBlitz is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,038
Rep Points: 3214
Default Re: Do you really have faith that Dalton is the QB that leads us to a championship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
Probably.

First Half: 4 of 10 for 3 yards. The game plan was to get others involved. Gresham had 3 drops and it was proven that Andy can't rely on anyone other than AJ.

Second Half: 10 of 20 for 124 yards. These are respectable numbers, but that's mostly throwing to AJ.

If we'd had a reliable #2, I'm sure the first half would've been much different. We only lost the game by 6 points.

You gotta believe that with a legit #2, we could've gotten 7 more points at least.
Those putrid stats you put up in my opinion make the case for me not you. If you really think that 4 of 10 for 3 yards in the 1st half is acceptable or justified because we do not have a legit #2, then i can say we have a huge disagreement. And no i don't think a legit number 2 would all of a sudden fix things..........I think the problem is Dalton. He is a mediocre QB for the 100 reasons i have already mentioned.
__________________
No more excuses for Dalton...time to put up or shut up.

Last edited by CornerBlitz; 02-06-2013 at 11:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 02-06-2013, 11:29 PM
CornerBlitz's Avatar
CornerBlitz CornerBlitz is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,038
Rep Points: 3214
Default Re: Do you really have faith that Dalton is the QB that leads us to a championship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
Give me three examples of this. If it's more often than not, three should come right off the top of your head.

You think you have some big insight, but all you really are is a contrarian and this thread is proof. You're not really discussing anything. You're just talking to hear yourself talk.

You're not arriving at any new points, you just keep rehashing the same one, which is you don't like Andy Dalton. Message received. What else ya got?
I have said on many occasions that Marvin Lewis is an inferior coach and that we need to change things if we want to get deep into the playoffs.

I said we needed to spend money on a #2 WR and players like Binns will not get the job done.

I have for years said that we should draft a RB early in the draft that can make plays out o the backfield.

There are ur 3........and those were off the top of my head. Happy?
__________________
No more excuses for Dalton...time to put up or shut up.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.