Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 02-06-2013, 02:02 PM
Shake n Blake's Avatar
Shake n Blake Shake n Blake is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Homers gonna home
Posts: 14,958
Rep Points: 34612
Default Re: Hue Jackson named special assistant to Marvin Lewis as well as RB coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvengali View Post
Interesting indeed. Although it may not have been a sinister move like that. Could've been one of those situations where they sat down with him and asked him what his plans were, how long he planned on coaching, etc. -- after all, he'd been at it 29 years. He may have been close to retirement anyway, and maybe they gave him a little severance/early retirement bonus for going ahead and stepping down now.
Maybe "retire or be fired" is a little strong. I agree that he was close to retirement and maybe they just gave him a little nudge.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-06-2013, 02:08 PM
WhoDeySailor's Avatar
WhoDeySailor WhoDeySailor is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rising Sun, In
Posts: 117
Rep Points: 165
Default Re: Hue Jackson named special assistant to Marvin Lewis as well as RB coach

I think Hue assists this year and takes over next year. Feel bad for Zimmer tho, maybe coaching with his son will be enough to keep him with us?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-06-2013, 02:49 PM
spazz70's Avatar
spazz70 spazz70 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Miamisburg, Ohio
Posts: 3,172
Rep Points: 5799
Default Re: Hue Jackson named special assistant to Marvin Lewis as well as RB coach

Gruden staying
Zimmer staying
Adam Zimmer hired
Hue given new/higher roll
Mikey getting closer to relinquishing total control

I believe this all leads to big changes next year in Bengaldom

My prediction following next off season...

GM/Director of Player Personnel- Marvin Lewis
Head Coach- Mike Zimmer- Defensive control
Assistant HC- Hue Jackson- Offensive control
Adam Zimmer- Defensive Coordinator
Jay Gruden- Offensive Coordinator

Possibly reverse the first 2
HC- Hue Jackson
Assistant HC- Mike Zimmer

This gives the Bengals 2 people with HC experience...a new head coach with fire and intensity...two young coordinators with people ahead of them to guide and help them develop more...

I do not think Gruden or Zimmer will get many interviews next year...I do not believe that 8 HCs will be fired like this year and other coaches that were fired this season will be higher up the ladder for any available positions....if we can make these moves and retain these coaches I would be ecstatic
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-06-2013, 03:01 PM
Rattler's Avatar
Rattler Rattler is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Edgewood
Posts: 7,862
Rep Points: 10037
Default Re: Hue Jackson named special assistant to Marvin Lewis as well as RB coach

Let Hue keep the challenge flag in his sock, that could take care of one of our glaring problems.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-06-2013, 03:32 PM
henrizzle's Avatar
henrizzle henrizzle is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 2,233
Rep Points: 1282
Default Re: Hue Jackson named special assistant to Marvin Lewis as well as RB coach

Marvin Lewis will NOT be a GM.
__________________

@henrizzle182
ಠ_ಠ
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 02-06-2013, 03:44 PM
spazz70's Avatar
spazz70 spazz70 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Miamisburg, Ohio
Posts: 3,172
Rep Points: 5799
Default Re: Hue Jackson named special assistant to Marvin Lewis as well as RB coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrizzle View Post
Marvin Lewis will NOT be a GM.
Bet on it?

Marvin will be GM or Director of Player Personnel within the next 2 years...name your bet

As soon as Katie and Troy take over every day operations it will happen

Marvin may not be a great game manager on the field but he has proven over time that he can pick out talent once he has been given more control over the drafting process

All drafts are hit and miss but Marvin has been doing great over the last 3-4 years and can only get better if that is his sole job....
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02-06-2013, 04:11 PM
Rattler's Avatar
Rattler Rattler is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Edgewood
Posts: 7,862
Rep Points: 10037
Default Re: Hue Jackson named special assistant to Marvin Lewis as well as RB coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazz70 View Post
Bet on it?

Marvin will be GM or Director of Player Personnel within the next 2 years...name your bet

As soon as Katie and Troy take over every day operations it will happen

Marvin may not be a great game manager on the field but he has proven over time that he can pick out talent once he has been given more control over the drafting process

All drafts are hit and miss but Marvin has been doing great over the last 3-4 years and can only get better if that is his sole job....

Marvin infinitely better at assembly a team than managing it on field.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-06-2013, 04:51 PM
OSUfan's Avatar
OSUfan OSUfan is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: vandalia, ohio
Posts: 23,031
Rep Points: 25926
bengals Re: Hue Jackson named special assistant to Marvin Lewis as well as RB coach

Great move by Marvin and the organization. Apparently from the interviews Marvin is more self aware than many on these boards give him credit for and it sounds as if Hue and him spend time discussing game improvement. It sounds as if both realize that there are areas that each can help the other to grow in their careers.

I think we all realize that Hue is an outstanding offensive mind in this league and I am sure Jay will welcome any input that Hue may have as to how they can improve on the offensive side of the ball.

Nice move for the club all the way around.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-06-2013, 04:55 PM
graphicguy's Avatar
graphicguy graphicguy is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Butler County
Posts: 3,960
Rep Points: 6033
Default Re: Hue Jackson named special assistant to Marvin Lewis as well as RB coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazz70 View Post
Bet on it?

Marvin will be GM or Director of Player Personnel within the next 2 years...name your bet

As soon as Katie and Troy take over every day operations it will happen

Marvin may not be a great game manager on the field but he has proven over time that he can pick out talent once he has been given more control over the drafting process

All drafts are hit and miss but Marvin has been doing great over the last 3-4 years and can only get better if that is his sole job....
Agreed. Marvin was Katie's hire. He'll be GM and/or Personnel Director in a couple of years. I seriously doubt JA was forced, or even coerced into retirement. He's been too good of a coach for too long a time. He turned 65, or retirement age for most.

Hue is kind of in a unique position. On one hand, he had some success in Oakland. On the other hand, he buried the Raiders future with "the Trade" for probably the next 4-5 seasons. That wouldn't endear him to any other team except the Bengals.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-06-2013, 06:35 PM
Funkysylvanelf Funkysylvanelf is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Quebec City, Qc, Canada
Posts: 605
Rep Points: 536
Default Re: Hue Jackson named special assistant to Marvin Lewis as well as RB coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphicguy View Post
Agreed. Marvin was Katie's hire. He'll be GM and/or Personnel Director in a couple of years. I seriously doubt JA was forced, or even coerced into retirement. He's been too good of a coach for too long a time. He turned 65, or retirement age for most.

Hue is kind of in a unique position. On one hand, he had some success in Oakland. On the other hand, he buried the Raiders future with "the Trade" for probably the next 4-5 seasons. That wouldn't endear him to any other team except the Bengals.
They buried themselves years ago by selecting Darius Heyward-Bey & Rolando McClain on their own.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02-06-2013, 06:35 PM
Luvnit2's Avatar
Luvnit2 Luvnit2 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 16,351
Rep Points: 18714
Default Re: Hue Jackson named special assistant to Marvin Lewis as well as RB coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
Marvin infinitely better at assembly a team than managing it on field.
There are 3 phases to football. Bengals the past 2 years have graded the following in my opinion:

Offense - C Considering the offense was scrapped 2 years ago, I think Marvin gets a strong "B' for hiring Gruden, drafting Green and Dalton as well as Boling and Zeitler.

Defense - B+ I give them a B in 2012 and an A in 2012. Gruden hired Zimmer, lost Coyle to promotion, but added Hue Jackson and Carrier. This team now has a feared DL and Marvin brought in Newmann and resigned Jones at corner. He also brought Crocker back to solidify the secondary and in essence the defense.

Special Teams - A- I think special teams have been a bright spot for 2 years now. The combo of Nugent in 2011 and Nugent. Brown in 2012 was great. Huber is a very good punter who is very good at pinning teams inside the 15 yard line. The coverage teams overall are very good and among league leaders in stats.

So, please tell me how Lewis can't coach again? Please identify our 2 hall of fame players he has to work with like the Ravens and Steelers have had the past 9 years.

A head coach wears many hats. Marvin Lewis can coach and he has shown he can coach. I always say in Texas Holdem, give me the right cards and I can look like a poker pro. Give head coaches the right players and they can look look Hall of Fame coaches.
__________________
Young Team Finally Grows Up!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-06-2013, 06:58 PM
Toast Jones's Avatar
Toast Jones Toast Jones is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 7,208
Rep Points: 18405
Default Re: Hue Jackson named special assistant to Marvin Lewis as well as RB coach

Does this mean anything for Paul Alexander? I believe he's been the "Assistant Head Coach" the past few seasons. Is Jackson taking this role from him? Is it a different titled role, but Alexander's role is diminished? Or do they both have similar titles?

If it's the latter then it seems weird. Almost like Dwight Schrute being the "assistant to the district manager" or whatever. If we have an Assistant Head Coach and a Special Assistant to the Head Coach then it seems like they're just giving out titles.

But if Hue does have a new role, and Alexander's is diminished, then that's great. I can get on board with that. The only thing that could be better is we hire a new OL coach all together.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-06-2013, 07:22 PM
spazz70's Avatar
spazz70 spazz70 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Miamisburg, Ohio
Posts: 3,172
Rep Points: 5799
Default Re: Hue Jackson named special assistant to Marvin Lewis as well as RB coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvnit2 View Post
There are 3 phases to football. Bengals the past 2 years have graded the following in my opinion:

Offense - C Considering the offense was scrapped 2 years ago, I think Marvin gets a strong "B' for hiring Gruden, drafting Green and Dalton as well as Boling and Zeitler.

Defense - B+ I give them a B in 2012 and an A in 2012. Gruden hired Zimmer, lost Coyle to promotion, but added Hue Jackson and Carrier. This team now has a feared DL and Marvin brought in Newmann and resigned Jones at corner. He also brought Crocker back to solidify the secondary and in essence the defense.

Special Teams - A- I think special teams have been a bright spot for 2 years now. The combo of Nugent in 2011 and Nugent. Brown in 2012 was great. Huber is a very good punter who is very good at pinning teams inside the 15 yard line. The coverage teams overall are very good and among league leaders in stats.

So, please tell me how Lewis can't coach again? Please identify our 2 hall of fame players he has to work with like the Ravens and Steelers have had the past 9 years.

A head coach wears many hats. Marvin Lewis can coach and he has shown he can coach. I always say in Texas Holdem, give me the right cards and I can look like a poker pro. Give head coaches the right players and they can look look Hall of Fame coaches.
No one said he cannot "coach"..I feel he is a better manager of players and selecting players than an on field coach...if you cannot see this then you must not watch many Bengals games...his calling of time outs, challenging plays, game planning, making adjustments during the game are not his greatest strengths...

Just one example...this is just my opinion...everyone has jumped on this over and over...not targeting AJ in the first half of the playoff game...

Jay Gruden did or did not make up this game plan
Marvin Lewis did or did not make up this game plan

One of the two following had to happen

1. Jay made it up and Marvin approved it
2. Marvin made it up, Jay designed it, as the head coach he would make this decision

Either way Marvin is to blame and is an idiot for it
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 02-06-2013, 07:27 PM
Rattler's Avatar
Rattler Rattler is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Edgewood
Posts: 7,862
Rep Points: 10037
Default Re: Hue Jackson named special assistant to Marvin Lewis as well as RB coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvnit2 View Post
There are 3 phases to football. Bengals the past 2 years have graded the following in my opinion:

Offense - C Considering the offense was scrapped 2 years ago, I think Marvin gets a strong "B' for hiring Gruden, drafting Green and Dalton as well as Boling and Zeitler.

Defense - B+ I give them a B in 2012 and an A in 2012. Gruden hired Zimmer, lost Coyle to promotion, but added Hue Jackson and Carrier. This team now has a feared DL and Marvin brought in Newmann and resigned Jones at corner. He also brought Crocker back to solidify the secondary and in essence the defense.

Special Teams - A- I think special teams have been a bright spot for 2 years now. The combo of Nugent in 2011 and Nugent. Brown in 2012 was great. Huber is a very good punter who is very good at pinning teams inside the 15 yard line. The coverage teams overall are very good and among league leaders in stats.

So, please tell me how Lewis can't coach again? Please identify our 2 hall of fame players he has to work with like the Ravens and Steelers have had the past 9 years.

A head coach wears many hats. Marvin Lewis can coach and he has shown he can coach. I always say in Texas Holdem, give me the right cards and I can look like a poker pro. Give head coaches the right players and they can look look Hall of Fame coaches.
A 12 year old can manage timeouts and challenges as well as Marvin. He is below average in game management.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 02-06-2013, 07:54 PM
Shady's Avatar
Shady Shady is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 10,393
Rep Points: 24933
Default Re: Hue Jackson named special assistant to Marvin Lewis as well as RB coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
Just what exactly do they mean by "special"?


But seriously, I think we just radically improved our chances of signing some decent free agents and keeping a few of our own down the road; namely, AJ.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 02-06-2013, 08:08 PM
OSUfan's Avatar
OSUfan OSUfan is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: vandalia, ohio
Posts: 23,031
Rep Points: 25926
bengals Re: Hue Jackson named special assistant to Marvin Lewis as well as RB coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazz70 View Post
No one said he cannot "coach"..I feel he is a better manager of players and selecting players than an on field coach...if you cannot see this then you must not watch many Bengals games...his calling of time outs, challenging plays, game planning, making adjustments during the game are not his greatest strengths...

Just one example...this is just my opinion...everyone has jumped on this over and over...not targeting AJ in the first half of the playoff game...

Jay Gruden did or did not make up this game plan
Marvin Lewis did or did not make up this game plan

One of the two following had to happen

1. Jay made it up and Marvin approved it
2. Marvin made it up, Jay designed it, as the head coach he would make this decision

Either way Marvin is to blame and is an idiot for it
The rather lame not targeting AJ defense again. How did the Texans beat us? In the short field with backs and TEs that actually catch the ball when it hits them in the hands.

It has been broken down before but let's do it once more for fun.

15 offensive snaps in the first half.

1 was a kneel down so that leaves 14 snaps.

2 throws to Gresham so that leaves 12 snaps.

2 screen passes so that leaves 10 snaps.

Called running plays .....have not rewatched to get the exact number but I think it would be safe to say we had 4 to 6 called runs. If we take the mid point then we can say 5 but let's go conservative and say 4 so that leaves 6 snaps.

So all the griping is about him possibly not being the target in 6 snaps. Do you happen to know if he actually was not the primary on any of those 6 snaps? He was being doubled virtually the entire game with a safety shading to his position on the field. Now while there is little doubt how good of a WR AJ is there is still room for improvement.

He needs to find open areas of the field when being doubled and could use his body better to defeat the main cover man. He could also do a better job of working back to the QB when plays breakdown.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-06-2013, 08:28 PM
Truck_1_0_1_'s Avatar
Truck_1_0_1_ Truck_1_0_1_ is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 11,886
Rep Points: 19133
Default Re: Hue Jackson named special assistant to Marvin Lewis as well as RB coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
The rather lame not targeting AJ defense again. How did the Texans beat us? In the short field with backs and TEs that actually catch the ball when it hits them in the hands.

It has been broken down before but let's do it once more for fun.

15 offensive snaps in the first half.

1 was a kneel down so that leaves 14 snaps.

2 throws to Gresham so that leaves 12 snaps.

2 screen passes so that leaves 10 snaps.

Called running plays .....have not rewatched to get the exact number but I think it would be safe to say we had 4 to 6 called runs. If we take the mid point then we can say 5 but let's go conservative and say 4 so that leaves 6 snaps.

So all the griping is about him possibly not being the target in 6 snaps. Do you happen to know if he actually was not the primary on any of those 6 snaps? He was being doubled virtually the entire game with a safety shading to his position on the field. Now while there is little doubt how good of a WR AJ is there is still room for improvement.

He needs to find open areas of the field when being doubled and could use his body better to defeat the main cover man. He could also do a better job of working back to the QB when plays breakdown.
Plus 2 sacks.
__________________


Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-06-2013, 09:10 PM
fortyyearfan fortyyearfan is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,127
Rep Points: 1878
bengals Re: Hue Jackson named special assistant to Marvin Lewis as well as RB coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkysylvanelf View Post
They buried themselves years ago by selecting Darius Heyward-Bey & Rolando McClain on their own.
Promoting Hue Jackson to assistant head coach was the best thing marvin has done.Hue will be helping make the calls on offense and helping marvin manage the game as marvin has said he would be.That will give marvin someone to bounce things off when its crunch time which he really needs.Hue thinks on his feet better than marvin and he will have a gaint impact on the drafting the running back and O-lineman.I predict Hue will be the next Head coach here, either next year or the one after.If not him it will be MIke zimmer.I think it will be Hue.Our coaching staff just got a ton better, expecially on offense, which is what we need. More points coming this year.I predict Andy will be challenged much more by Hue and he will respond to it.He has the it factor when it comes to getting players to ball-out.You will see this.I predict we win 6 games at home and at least 4 on the road and make the playoffs again and we will be in the hunt for the big dance,barring any key injuries.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-06-2013, 09:16 PM
spazz70's Avatar
spazz70 spazz70 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Miamisburg, Ohio
Posts: 3,172
Rep Points: 5799
Default Re: Hue Jackson named special assistant to Marvin Lewis as well as RB coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
The rather lame not targeting AJ defense again. How did the Texans beat us? In the short field with backs and TEs that actually catch the ball when it hits them in the hands.

It has been broken down before but let's do it once more for fun.

15 offensive snaps in the first half.

1 was a kneel down so that leaves 14 snaps.

2 throws to Gresham so that leaves 12 snaps.

2 screen passes so that leaves 10 snaps.

Called running plays .....have not rewatched to get the exact number but I think it would be safe to say we had 4 to 6 called runs. If we take the mid point then we can say 5 but let's go conservative and say 4 so that leaves 6 snaps.

So all the griping is about him possibly not being the target in 6 snaps. Do you happen to know if he actually was not the primary on any of those 6 snaps? He was being doubled virtually the entire game with a safety shading to his position on the field. Now while there is little doubt how good of a WR AJ is there is still room for improvement.

He needs to find open areas of the field when being doubled and could use his body better to defeat the main cover man. He could also do a better job of working back to the QB when plays breakdown.
I am not talking about the number of snaps or anything else....there is a statement from Gruden and Marvin that they were looking to get Gresham and others off to a fast start...that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard....you get your best players going first...throw a quick slant, a screen, a reverse.. whatever to get AJ going...this is my point about Marvin and his "coaching" prowess...and yes....those other 6 snaps should have gone to him or all 14 or even just 1...you cannot leave your best player completely out of your offense for a complete half on purpose or semi on purpose....there is always a way to get him the ball...hell, let him run the wildcat....just get him the ball
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-07-2013, 05:03 AM
xavierdude xavierdude is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 170
Rep Points: 60
Default Re: Hue Jackson named special assistant to Marvin Lewis as well as RB coach

lewis has not shown that he can draft..once again the only thing that matters is winning and in ten years ..he has not won a single playoff game

Dalton over Kaepernick..please..this will turn out to be one of the biggest blunders in bengals history

hue jackson is a nut case

Zimmers son?


the brown family continues to screw this city
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02-07-2013, 05:06 AM
xavierdude xavierdude is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 170
Rep Points: 60
Default Re: Hue Jackson named special assistant to Marvin Lewis as well as RB coach

and to that gentleman that said Lewis can coach..he should have been fired five years ago ago..only clowns that accept losing and mediocrity support Lewis

Marvins a good man and has taken this team from lousy to average in ten years

time to change
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-07-2013, 05:17 AM
Bengalzona's Avatar
Bengalzona Bengalzona is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Petting L'il Sebastian
Posts: 25,281
Rep Points: 80132
Default Re: Hue Jackson named special assistant to Marvin Lewis as well as RB coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcats forever View Post
This has the potential of being huge for our offense, and hopefully it is a long-termed arrangement. Let's hope the egos of the other coaches don't get in the way of taking advantage of Hue's experience.
^This
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-07-2013, 07:17 AM
Magikod's Avatar
Magikod Magikod is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 26,021
Rep Points: 33642
Default Re: Hue Jackson named special assistant to Marvin Lewis as well as RB coach

I like Hue Jackson, he's a good guy.
__________________
Video Games I Play: League of Legends, Counter-Strike:GO
PM me for my Steam info!


Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-07-2013, 10:17 AM
graphicguy's Avatar
graphicguy graphicguy is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Butler County
Posts: 3,960
Rep Points: 6033
Default Re: Hue Jackson named special assistant to Marvin Lewis as well as RB coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkysylvanelf View Post
They buried themselves years ago by selecting Darius Heyward-Bey & Rolando McClain on their own.
No disagreement there. Still, Hue for all of his talents as a coach, is kind of damaged goods. That Carson trade, while good for the Bengals, was terrible for the Raiders. I see what he was trying to do. But, he should have realized, even if he had traded for Tom Brady, it would take more than a few games for a QB to get comfortable with a new offensive scheme. At to that, a new team.

I don't know what he promised Davis Jr. But clearly he sacrificed a lot of the Raiders future for a long shot, at best, for a one year shot at the playoffs. He failed.

GMs and owners around the league had to raise an eyebrow when looking at him for a HC slot based on that alone. Bengals are his best shot at being employed as a coach right now. Maybe if he brings in a new RB from the draft, and that RB tears it up with the Law Firm, things may turn around for him.

But, as of right now, Hue is damaged goods. That's good news for the Bengals, though. He's a heckofa coach.

I wonder if Chad has called him looking for a job????????
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 02-07-2013, 11:15 AM
OchoCincos's Avatar
OchoCincos OchoCincos is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 2,413
Rep Points: 3349
Default Re: Hue Jackson named special assistant to Marvin Lewis as well as RB coach

I see no way of how this could make our offense worse. Hue Jackson has improved offenses everywhere he's been, and may even be able to help Lewis with his clock management issues .
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.