Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:40 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24734
Default Re: Running Backs 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevbo37 View Post
Dennis Johnson would be an absolutely steal and tremendous selection in the later rounds. Some scouts describe him as a more shifty Michael Turner! HE SHOULD BE ON YOUR "RADAR" watch some film of him. Stats don't tell the story of how productive he was in college because just like when Darren McFadden, Felix Jones and Peyton Hillis were all in Fayetteville together - Arkansas had a very crowded backfield. However his YPC were always huge as he averaged well over 5 yards per carry throughout his career. Another advantage is that he's fresh. One benefit of having a crowded backfield in college is that he didn't get overworked like Seabiscut (Fran Gore played in a crowded backfield at the U, and its definitely saved his body and added miles throughout his bruising NFL career). He doesn't have the name recognition of Knile Davis... but that will change.
A fellow DJ fan...nice.
Fumble issues will kill his stock. Still one of my personal favorites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
Hey Kevbo, are you a hogs fan? If so I want to get your opinion on Davis. he looked awesom two years ago and before the season I was pimping him as one of the bets RBs in college. he ended up having a pretty weak season, but I was wondering if it was because he is finished (he has had other injuries) or if it is just because he was not 100% healed from his injury in '11.

What do you think?
His running style doesn't do himself any favors. Upright, carries the ball away from his body. Loved him before the injuries piled up and he got worse.....
Old 02-07-2013, 05:16 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23778
bengals Re: Running Backs 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPChrisHenry View Post
I love the bell cow backs and if we doubled up on two guys like christine michael and zach stacy in the draft it would give us the power speed and catching ability in two running backs that can carry the load, and take it to the trees with their speed....never understood, y get a small speedster to only do so much when u can get a big speedster to do it all. and btw mid 4.5s isnt speedy and thats where bernard is going to run, and im sorry if ur an athlete and ur in the nfl it seems rediculous to point out when one can catch the ball. To me you better be able to catch or else sit down.
I would love to see this team grab Christine Michael. He has become my favorite in this class. However, would really like to see them add a Kenjon Barner as well. A guy like Barner does not get the credit they deserve for running between the tackles. He has very good hands and adds the element of return ability.

A three headed monster of Michael, Ellis, and Barner could take this team to the next level.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:43 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 280

Personally I feel Knile Davis might be done. His injury caused him to look tentative and lose his once explosive burst. Idk, we'll see...
Old 02-08-2013, 02:00 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 164

Dennis Johnson is a stud and I can't believe he wasn't selected to attend the combine. Johnson has 1 very big injury concern but if he can fall to the 6th or ufa bengals have to take this kid. If anything Johnson could replace Tate for returns.