Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:49 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4544
Default Re: Congrats to the Baltimore Ravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalYankee View Post
LOL! Thats really good! How long did that take you to put that together?

Btw...it's Super Bowl rings we and the rest of NFL fandom are concerned with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SociopathicSteelerFan
Obamas lies... 11-21-2014 10:39 PM SociopathicSteelerFan My alter is woodley and I approve this copypasta. -SSF
Quote:
Election Day Waste 11-06-2014 01:25 AM SociopathicSteelerFan You're cute when you're an alter. -SS
Quote:
Texas is about as... 11-09-2014 02:41 PM SociopathicSteelerFan I posted this rep message because no one likes me. :( -SSF
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdino
Because MORE elected officials should take that stand they are elected to defend the law..not the bible.

Last edited by Woodley; 02-05-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:04 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdino View Post

Me with a Super Bowl 43 ring.
Me with a pile of worthless "NFL Championship" rings.

Quote:
Obamas lies... 11-21-2014 10:39 PM SociopathicSteelerFan My alter is woodley and I approve this copypasta. -SSF
Quote:
Election Day Waste 11-06-2014 01:25 AM SociopathicSteelerFan You're cute when you're an alter. -SS
Quote:
Texas is about as... 11-09-2014 02:41 PM SociopathicSteelerFan I posted this rep message because no one likes me. :( -SSF
Quote:
Because MORE elected officials should take that stand they are elected to defend the law..not the bible.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:11 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12715

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post

Quote:
...promoting sexism is actually a beautiful thing
Old 02-05-2013, 05:07 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1912

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
Nope.
Oh yeah... that's right... he left the Bengals and said that he would rather retire than play another snap as a Bengal. Then he un-retired when Mike Brown punked the Raiders into taking his pick-6 butt.

My bad.

Oh... has there ever been a franchise in the entire NFL history whose franchise QB decided it's a better career move to retire rather than play another snap for such a team?

I wonder what this all means? Hmmmnnnn....
Old 02-05-2013, 05:33 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 34572

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan4ever View Post
Oh yeah... that's right... he left the Bengals and said that he would rather retire than play another snap as a Bengal. Then he un-retired when Mike Brown punked the Raiders into taking his pick-6 butt.

My bad.

Oh... has there ever been a franchise in the entire NFL history whose franchise QB decided it's a better career move to retire rather than play another snap for such a team?

101-154 (.396)

That's the Colts' record (since they moved to Indy) without Peyton Manning.

That's the amount of games the Colts won by 4 points or less, or in OT last season.

Don't expect that to happen again. The 2013 Colts will be like the 2012 Lions: The league's biggest flop.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:18 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20164

Quote:

Typical response from Steeler fans who wore horrible during the years prior to the Superbowl.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:21 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20164

Quote:
Yeah, and the only score that matters...

Pittsburgh 6 San Fransisco 5

Another typical response when their team stinks is to whip out the 6 Superbowl card.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:42 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
101-154 (.396)

That's the Colts' record (since they moved to Indy) without Peyton Manning.

That's the amount of games the Colts won by 4 points or less, or in OT last season.

Don't expect that to happen again. The 2013 Colts will be like the 2012 Lions: The league's biggest flop.
11-5
That's the Colts regular season record for 2012 season. That's without their head coach for 90% of th season and the year after they were gutted by Irsay. This was supposed to be a team that's rebuilding.

Get it? REBUILDING!

Yet, this rebuilding team posted a better win-loss record than the Bengals - a team that's supposed to be a contender.

Oh... and... you know that Texans team that beat the Bengals - again - in the playoffs? They were really trying to beat the Colts in Indy. Their 1st round bye was at stake as well as their No. 1 seed. All they had to do was beat the Colts.

But they didn't. Instead, the Colts beat them.

So, instead, they took out their frustration and beat the Bengals - again - in the same place. The Colts beat the Texans, but the Bengals couldn't beat them. A whole year to think about the butt-whupping from the year before and then they get a 2nd chance to get revenge at the same place against the same team - but they couldn't do it. Face it, the Bengals just don't have it in them to win important games.

Yeah, the Colts lost to the Ravens in the playoffs, but it turns out, the Ravens would eventually win the Superbowl. I don't think that a rebuilding team making it to the playoffs and losing to the Superbowl champs has anything to be ashamed of.

However, a team losing to the same team TWICE in the same place in 2 consecutive playoff games should be a little concerned.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:10 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
11-5
That's the Colts regular season record for 2012 season. That's without their head coach for 90% of th season and the year after they were gutted by Irsay. This was supposed to be a team that's rebuilding.

Get it? REBUILDING!

Yet, this rebuilding team posted a better win-loss record than the Bengals - a team that's supposed to be a contender.

Oh... and... you know that Texans team that beat the Bengals - again - in the playoffs? They were really trying to beat the Colts in Indy. Their 1st round bye was at stake as well as their No. 1 seed. All they had to do was beat the Colts.

So, instead, they took out their frustration and beat the Bengals - again - in the same place. The Colts beat the Texans, but the Bengals couldn't beat them. A whole year to think about the butt-whupping from the year before and then they get a 2nd chance to get revenge at the same place against the same team - but they couldn't do it. Face it, the Bengals just don't have it in them to win important games.

Yeah, the Colts lost to the Ravens in the playoffs, but it turns out, the Ravens would eventually win the Superbowl. I don't think that a rebuilding team making it to the playoffs and losing to the Superbowl champs has anything to be ashamed of.

However, a team losing to the same team TWICE in the same place in 2 consecutive playoff games should be a little concerned.
I'm sure bengal fans know what rebuilding is...they've been working on it since 1989.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-05-2013, 11:11 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
I'm sure bengal fans know what rebuilding is...they've been working on it since 1989.
LOL!

Old 02-05-2013, 11:20 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 34572

Quote:
11-5

Get it? REBUILDING!

I don't get why there should be any more concern with my Bengals than your Colts.

Making the playoffs 2 years running > 2-14 then a very fluky 11-5.

Plus the coach that actually led the Colts to that record is now in AZ.

I'd be willing to bet you that the Colts finish 8-8 or worse in 2013.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:47 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3295

Quote:
This is complete truth, so smack value is nil.
It should be noted that Mike Brown took over in 1991, sealing our fate.
However, with the upcoming requirement of spending near the cap, I have a small amount of faith that the rebuilding will finally get somewhere.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:19 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotobeast View Post
This is complete truth, so smack value is nil.
It should be noted that Mike Brown took over in 1991, sealing our fate.
However, with the upcoming requirement of spending near the cap, I have a small amount of faith that the rebuilding will finally get somewhere.
Don't count on that.

I can give my 15 year old daughter $100 and my wife $100 and one of them will come home with food and things we needed around the house and the other will come home with clothes and make up.

Just because he HAS to spend the money doesn't mean he will do it wisely.

Quote:
Old 02-06-2013, 12:58 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Typical response from Steeler fans who wore horrible during the years prior to the Superbowl.
Of course! And?

We were horrible pre 1970...and we've been the best since.
What else can ya say?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-06-2013, 01:06 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Another typical response when their team stinks is to whip out the 6 Superbowl card.
Thats not unlike you saying the Clowns have 8 "Championships" because your bengals stink.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-06-2013, 08:52 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 63198

Quote:

Yet, this rebuilding team posted a better win-loss record than the Bengals
And lost in the playoff to a lower seeded team than the Bengals lost to.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:48 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3295

Quote:
Don't count on that.

I can give my 15 year old daughter $100 and my wife $100 and one of them will come home with food and things we needed around the house and the other will come home with clothes and make up.

Just because he HAS to spend the money doesn't mean he will do it wisely.
Hence my "I have a small amount of faith" qualifier.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:01 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 15204

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
You mean the Super Bowl Champs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Anyways, Adderral's not even a drug
-----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
I still don't think we are evolved from primates. I don't think we are even remotely related.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmicGeek View Post
We aren't evolved from primates, we are primates.
--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
I can guarentee you there is not a dude on the earth that is as passionate about his male lover as I am my relgion.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:04 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
I don't get why there should be any more concern with my Bengals than your Colts.

Making the playoffs 2 years running > 2-14 then a very fluky 11-5.

Plus the coach that actually led the Colts to that record is now in AZ.

I'd be willing to bet you that the Colts finish 8-8 or worse in 2013.
Really?

You know, the last Bengals fan who made a bet with me about the Colts ended up having to wear a Sig that he'll still need to display if he's going to post again between now and the beginning of the 2013 season.

Maybe you should do more research on what the Colts are doing before making such an inane bet.

Let me make a few points clear:

1) Although Arians has left, it was Pagano who set the structure up for the Colts. Even Arians admits to that. Arians did a superb job as the interim coach, but had Pagano not set it up in the first place, there might not have been a team to coach.

2) Andrew Luck's former offensive coordinator at Stanford is joining the Colts as the Offensive coordinator. He's not only very familiar with Luck's skillsets, but the TE, Colby, as well. This will definitely improve the offense.

3) The Colts are $48 M under the cap. Irsay is not a cheap dude. He WILL spend that and maybe even slightly more to get the right people to fill in the holes the team has.

4) The Colts barely had a running game and a patchwork offensive line and yet Andrew Luck carried them to the playoffs. Imagine what the Colts can do with pro-bowl linemen and a pro-bowl running back. It can happen. There's 48 million reasons why it can happen.

Now.... you sure you still want to make a bet? Because I'm pretty confident that with just the above 4 things I've listed, the Colts will finish with a record better than 8-8. Hell... after Irsay's spending spree, they could end up being that scary team no one wants to play.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:06 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Uh... the Colts lost to the eventual Superbowl Champs.

The Bengals lost to a team that the Colts had just beaten a week before.

Big difference.

Besides... the Colts ended up having a better record than the Bengals!
Old 02-07-2013, 01:29 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 96408

Quote:
Carson Palmer never retired. Ergo, he never "un-retired". Ergo, your facts are wrong. Ergo, YOU are wrong. Ergo, I like the word "ergo".

Quote:
Probably not. But, there was a franchise that drafted a QB who said he'd rather play baseball than play for them. That QB was the hall of famer, John Elway. That franchise was the Colts.

Do you know why Elway didn't want to play for the Colts? I'll give you a hint. It rhymes with "Because they pucked."

Quote:
It's not that difficult to figure out. Any idiot can see that it means that a once-great-possibly-elite QB no longer wanted to play for his current team and the only option he saw was to threaten retirement in order to force said team to trade him. Sheesh, not to smart, are you?
Old 02-07-2013, 07:06 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:

But the bengals beat the Redskins who beat the Ravens who beat the 49'ers in the Super Bowl.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-07-2013, 07:09 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 950

Quote:

Big difference.

Besides... the Colts ended up having a better record than the Bengals!
And the bengals beat the ravens the week before the colts played them. What's your point?
Old 02-07-2013, 07:48 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
But the bengals beat the Redskins who beat the Ravens who beat the 49'ers in the Super Bowl.
And the Steelers beat the Redskins, Bengals (on the road) and the Ravens (on the road with a 3rd string Q...

Quote:
Old 02-07-2013, 08:25 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
And the Steelers beat the Redskins, Bengals (on the road) and the Ravens (on the road with a 3rd string Q...
No No No!!

The idea is that it's gotta be in succession...team A beat team B who beat team C who beat team D , therefore team A must be > D.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote: