Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 02-07-2013, 01:17 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 344
bengals Cheat Sheet to the super bowl

Resign:
Andre Smith, Michael Johnson, Thomas Howard, Kevin Huber, Josh Brown, Wallace Gilberry, Adam Jones, Terrence Newman, Pat Sims.
FA:
WR Domenik Hixon/Brian Hartline-I'd take either one of these two. Both would be great additions in our WR group.
QB Matt Moore-I think Matt has the potential to be a stud in this league
DE Lawrence Jackson-Former 1st round pick, we love 1st round picks, and he had a solid year of production this year in detroit. Good pick up here.
CB Antoine Cason-Tall, long armed, fast, physical corner. Cason is a beast and zimmer would love him.
KR Ted Ginn Jr- Ginns electric and argueably the fastest player in the league. Let tell tate to get F***ed and bring in Ginn. He'd be epic.

THE NFL DRAFT:
Trade out of the first round and pick up a 2nd and 3rd.
2a. D.J Fluker OT Alabama

DJ. Fluker is an absolute monster at 6'5 355lbs. He has extrememly long arms and Is a nast style road grinder. He is a plower. B/c of his size he lacks speed. They say He is strictly a right tackle or maybe even better as a guard. Becuase of this and OUR current sitaution at RT with Andre (hoping we re-sign him) too bring in Fluker who is of Beastly size that can play right tackle or guard(to replace boling if we resign Andre) would be epic. I Honestly think Fluker after thinking about it enough is the better pick here than Barrett.
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/J...lrwq8yFV5l.jpg
2b. Matt Elam SS Florida

Best Tackeling safety in the draft hands down. The guy flys around the feild. Covers well with good ball skills. We need a top notch safety in this draft and Elam is aregubly the best in the draft.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rREjDTpTedE
2c. Christine Michael RB Texas A&M

I think Christine Michael is going to shoot up draft boards becuase of his combine. He is super explosive and extrememly fast...can take it to the trees from anyhwere. Can shake you and or run you over and can catch very well outa the backfield. He will run in the low 4.4s, shoot he might even run a 4.3 ha and with his size at 5'11 220lbs he is the prototype must get back for the bengals!! He is elite.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCVqxFeWFoU
3a.Jamie Collins OLB Missouri

Collins to me will be a day starter. Hes a converted DB and flys around the field and can cover extremely well. He is 6'3 245lbs, hes a monster.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HTntm8OTRg
3b. Gerald Hodges ILB Penn state

Hodges can play both inside and outside, i think hodges here is the much better pick then ogletree in the first.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFPQNY8zdho
4. Le'Veon Bell RB Michigan State

Le'veon Bell is a bell cow that the afc north needs... i think he has the potential to be a better bettis. yes i said it. His feet are incredible. his power is incredible and his speed is not an issue due to his size. Bell is listed around 240 but has dropped weight and that will only benefit him. He can run u over stiff arm ur arss to the ground, spin around you or as well all know hurdle you. Christine Michael and Le'veon Bell together in the backfield would be the most feared rookie running back pairing ever ha. Itd be soo epic tho. Lets do this and forget about the snail race law firm.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r74G2Mm2xQ
5. David Bass DE Missouri Western State

Bass is 6'4 265lbs. 40.5 sacks in 4 years. Hes a small school work horse who is relentless after the QB. Alot of comparison to Aldon Smith.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJtozzcJTNs
6a. Vince Williams MLB FSU

Williams is 6'2 247lbs and runs in the high 4.6's. Thats Beastly and an instant upgrade over skuta in the middle. Williams with his speed would be a great speacial teams contributor and could even have an impact on this team early in his career. Great player here. BIG and FAST!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIlUZg3Li-Y
6b. Levine Toilolo

Levine is 6'8 270 lbs with soft hands and good blocker. He is just the def of raw...very raw. He is a project that could turn into the future of TE's in the NFl for years to come. His ability makes him welll worth the pick here. He could rise but if not I saw grab him. Hes a beast and would be an exciting player to keep an eye on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kppzIetGyUg

UDFA:
Marquiss Wilson WR Washington State
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdh5zP9JCPo
Michael Dyer RB Auburn-"IF" he declares I swear hes gonna be Corey Dillon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8vfI7rFArU
Sean Renfree QB Duke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMb7Wo5nRD8

Depth Chart
QB:Andy Dalton, Matt Moore, Zach Robinson, Sean Renfree
FB:Chris Pressley/John Connor
RB:Christine Michael, Le'veon Bell, BJGE, Michael Dyer
WR:AJ Green, Mohamed Sanu, Marvin Jones, Domenik Hixon, Andrew Hawkins, Marquiss Wilson, and or Ryan Whalen/Justin Hilton(i think Hilton can def produce at this level, and help this team)
TE:Jermaine Gresham, Orsan Charles, Levine Toilolo
LT:Andrew Whitworth, Anthony Collins
LG: D.J Fluker, Clint Boling
C:Trevor Robinson, Kyle Cook
RG:Kevin Zietler, Dj Fluker
RT:Andre Smith, DJ Fluker
LE:Carlos Dunlap, Lawrence Jackson, David Bass
DT:Geno Atkins, Brandon Thompson
NT: Devon Still, Pat Sims, Domata Peko
RE:Michael Johnson, Wallace Gilberry, Aaron Maybin
WLB: Gerald Hodges, Emanuel Lamur, brandon Joiner
MLB:Vontaze Burfict, Vince WIlliams
SLB:Jamie Collins, Thomas Howard, Aaron Maybin
CB:Leon Hall, Antoine Cason, Adam Jones, Dre Kirkpatrick, Terrance Newman, Brandon Ghee.
FS:Reggie Nelson, Taylor Mays, George Iloka
SS: Matt Elam, Robert Sands
P:Kevin Huber
K:Josh Brown
KR/PR: Ted Ginn Jr.

this off season would be ideal and soo epic. I really hope mike brown sees this as his cheat sheet to Super Bowl

Last edited by RIPChrisHenry; 02-07-2013 at 05:13 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:11 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 30022
Default Re: Cheat Sheet to the super bowl

2a. You know what I'm going to say.

2b. If they can teach Elam to make the sure tackle, that's a good pick. He's not my favorite safety in this class, but he may be the best athlete among them.

2c. He is my favorite RB in the draft. I'm not sold that he's a second round pick just yet, but if he gets there, I like it.

3a. Great pick!

3b. Depends on what happens in free agency.

4. Ok.

5. Solid pick.

6a. Not sure we will need 3 LBs.

6b. Ok.

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:13 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 152

I would like to know when and where Bell was running over and stiff arming people to the ground.He ran for 45 yards on 17 carries against Ohio St. and his production during the year started off good but faded bad.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:44 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3244

No need for Bell since we already have BJGE and we would have picked up Michael in round 2. I would be rather irritated to see us get Bell in the fourth round when there will probably be better players available that will be of better use to our team.

I would like the pickup of Barrett Jones or some other C/G player, but I have a feeling that is just wishful thinking.

Like the Bass pick and the third round picks.

Trading out of the first, IMO, is a very good idea, considering some of the poor depth we have at some positions and the talent available in the second and third rounds.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:12 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 178

I'd absolutely love this draft and free agency the way it was.

Could see us getting top safety in FA, that could allow us to pick up Giovanni Bernard a little earlier or kasheem Greene. Maybe both if one falls to our last 2 round pick. Then instead of hodges in the 4rd grab the CB McFadden.

I'd still love this draft, and like you, I'm banking on our young WRs to get better.

Last edited by Brunz; 02-07-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:14 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalBuckeye View Post
I would like to know when and where Bell was running over and stiff arming people to the ground.He ran for 45 yards on 17 carries against Ohio St. and his production during the year started off good but faded bad.

You would have said the same thing about Arian foster when he came out and now he's all pro. Maybe his line started playing terrible.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:20 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1787

I like it. I'd personally like a WR over a Center (Which is more likely anyway, I doubt the Bengals draft Oline high again.). Also, my favorite Safety in the draft is DJ Swearinger, but I like Elam too.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:30 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 30022

Quote:
Originally Posted by OchoCincos View Post
No need for Bell since we already have BJGE and we would have picked up Michael in round 2. I would be rather irritated to see us get Bell in the fourth round when there will probably be better players available that will be of better use to our team.

I would like the pickup of Barrett Jones or some other C/G player, but I have a feeling that is just wishful thinking.

Like the Bass pick and the third round picks.

Trading out of the first, IMO, is a very good idea, considering some of the poor depth we have at some positions and the talent available in the second and third rounds.
I could see Bell as Brian Leonard's replacement. We always need to have a guy who can jump over defenders.

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:40 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post
I could see Bell as Brian Leonard's replacement. We always need to have a guy who can jump over defenders.
Haha yea I guess we do need that. I would rather have a different type of RB to replace Leonard's role though. More of a speedier, scat back type that could also do some return duties.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:58 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3241
bengals Re: Cheat Sheet to the super bowl

Why get in the second what we can get in the 6th? I know a lot of people are in love with Christine Michael, but he'll be there in the late rounds.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:32 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinabengalfanguy View Post
Why get in the second what we can get in the 6th? I know a lot of people are in love with Christine Michael, but he'll be there in the late rounds.
What makes you think that? Sure, he was injured a few times, and was not fully utilized this past year, but he did well in the Shrine Game. Not only that, he has a great blend of size and speed. NFL.com analysts compare him to Chris Ivory. He'll need to really display his talents at the combine to boost into the second, but I think his combine efforts will boost him into the third. I think because of his injuries, he would be best utilized in a RBBC.

Dropping into the sixth round would be surprising, and most likely a steal for whichever team were to take him.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:17 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezmerga View Post
I like it. I'd personally like a WR over a Center (Which is more likely anyway, I doubt the Bengals draft Oline high again.). Also, my favorite Safety in the draft is DJ Swearinger, but I like Elam too.
Love swearinger too bro. Hes a beast. I just worry he reckless at times...I cant tell u how tired I am of 15 yrd personal foul penalties. and I feel u on the center early but someone like barrett on our oline with that versatility would be an incredible starter and security blanket across the line. Wouldnt mind a reciever at 1 either...I love these tennessee recievers ha
Old 02-07-2013, 02:22 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalBuckeye View Post
Bro watch bells highlight tape...and then come back and tell me he cant stiff arm u to ur back nor run u over. Someone with his size, with his feet, elusiveness, and power would be epic paired with michael in the afc north.

Last edited by RIPChrisHenry; 02-07-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:25 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post
2a. You know what I'm going to say.

2b. If they can teach Elam to make the sure tackle, that's a good pick. He's not my favorite safety in this class, but he may be the best athlete among them.

2c. He is my favorite RB in the draft. I'm not sold that he's a second round pick just yet, but if he gets there, I like it.

3a. Great pick!

3b. Depends on what happens in free agency.

4. Ok.

5. Solid pick.

6a. Not sure we will need 3 LBs.

6b. Ok.
Thanks for the input jmoney. I have us dropping skuta soo I figured an upgraded replacement would be good, thats the deal with the three LBS. I think vince williams with his size speed and physical play suits well with us and in the back up role of MIKE. Big fan of williams.

Last edited by RIPChrisHenry; 02-07-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:35 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OchoCincos View Post
Haha yea I guess we do need that. I would rather have a different type of RB to replace Leonard's role though. More of a speedier, scat back type that could also do some return duties.
Disagree. No need for a small speedster out here. theres not 1 in this division for a reason. Gimme a guy that is a speedster with size that can do it all. And I rather have a kickreturner like everyone else out here thats a converted WR not rb. With C..Michael, Le'veon bell, Bjge, and Michael dyer you are stacked with big powerfull fast able.to take it to the house on any play afcnorth backs in 3 outa the 4 we would have. As a kick returner I have us signing ted ginn. I look at that and see success for a while with no running back headache for years. I say if we want to do a gadget play with a speedster outa the backfield thats when we start using hawkins.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:49 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 47019

Not bad, but you still need a T somewhere, as I'm assuming that Roland will not be re-signed, and there's no guarantee that Andre signs with the Bengals.

I know that Barret Jones played some T at Bama, but frankly, I just don't think he's cut out for it in the pros.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:52 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25178

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPChrisHenry View Post
Bro watch bells highlight tape...and then come back and tell me he cant stiff arm u to ur back nor run u over. Someone with his size, with his feet, elusiveness, and power would be epic paired with michael in the afc north.
Bro don't watch highlight reels. Watch game cut ups.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:53 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Also this: http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=108683
Old 02-07-2013, 04:03 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
Bro don't watch highlight reels. Watch game cut ups.
no i feel you man im just saying its tough to say hecant do this and cant do that when its right there in a highlight tape..thanks tho bud. as for your link to my other mock...I like to make mocks its fun as hell. probably shouldnt have said it was my last. any thoughts on the mock?
Old 02-07-2013, 04:06 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
no i feel you man im just saying its tough to say hecant do this and cant do that when its right there in a highlight tape..thanks tho bud. as for your link to my other mock...I like to make mocks its fun as hell. probably shouldnt have said it was my last. any thoughts on the mock?
I really like the Levine Toilolo pick
Old 02-07-2013, 04:07 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
Not bad, but you still need a T somewhere, as I'm assuming that Roland will not be re-signed, and there's no guarantee that Andre signs with the Bengals.

I know that Barret Jones played some T at Bama, but frankly, I just don't think he's cut out for it in the pros.
Thanks man, BTW i feel you on barrett not sure if tackle will be his strongest pos entering the league but if he starts there we all know he has what it takes to become a fantastic football player no matter where he plays on the Oline...IMO. I am banking on resigning Andre smith. i really hope we do. I think he is still getting better and better

Last edited by RIPChrisHenry; 02-07-2013 at 04:10 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:11 PM
Veteran Member

bengals Re: Cheat Sheet to the super bowl

Quote:
I really like the Levine Toilolo pick

haha right on thnx bro
Old 02-07-2013, 04:11 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Thanks man, BTW i feel you on barrett not sure if tackle will be his strongest pos entering the league but if he starts there we all know he will become a fantastic football player no matter where he plays on the Oline...IMO. I am banking on resigning Andre smith. i really hope we do. I think he is still getting better and better
Disagree.
I think he is destined for LG.

And I wouldn't really want him here. I think he is a marginal upgrade over Boling and for how early we would take him, I dont think that is worth it.

Id rather take Cooper or Warmack if we are going to go OL
Old 02-07-2013, 04:14 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Disagree. No need for a small speedster out here. theres not 1 in this division for a reason. Gimme a guy that is a speedster with size that can do it all. And I rather have a kickreturner like everyone else out here thats a converted WR not rb. With C..Michael, Le'veon bell, Bjge, and Michael dyer you are stacked with big powerfull fast able.to take it to the house on any play afcnorth backs in 3 outa the 4 we would have. As a kick returner I have us signing ted ginn. I look at that and see success for a while with no running back headache for years. I say if we want to do a gadget play with a speedster outa the backfield thats when we start using hawkins.
That may work, but it may not. That's depending more on power than speed. Bell is not a speed back. He may surprise at the combine, but he has not shown that yet.

I assume you want a WR as a returner because it's their job to catch passes, and the returner needs to be able to do that first and foremost. But a good pass catching RB has the hands to be able to catch a punt/KO. Either will work.

Don't know why you're mocking Dyer to us. Unless something has changed, Dyer stated he was going to return to college football for 2013. Please provide the link of him declaring for the draft and I'll rep you for it.

Last edited by OchoCincos; 02-07-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Disagree.
I think he is destined for LG.

And I wouldn't really want him here. I think he is a marginal upgrade over Boling and for how early we would take him, I dont think that is worth it.

Id rather take Cooper or Warmack if we are going to go OL
OK. Do you want an upgrade over Boling or are you set on boling? B/c you could sell me on Warmack, or Fluker if he was there(depending on A.Smith), but i dont know if i like cooper the same.