Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 02-06-2013, 09:25 PM
bradfritz21's Avatar
bradfritz21 bradfritz21 is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Kentucky
Posts: 11,129
Rep Points: 19472
Default Re: Walter Football mocks T'eo to Bengals @ 21

Te'o is too big of a head case and I'd be ****** if we took him at 21.

He disappeared in the biggest game of his life. It was only one game? OK, I understand, but it was the biggest game of his life and every game in the NFL will be bigger than that.

We don't need to take another chance on another head case backer.

No thanks.

Please, Lord, no thanks.
__________________
.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-06-2013, 09:31 PM
Treee's Avatar
Treee Treee is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: \(.o)/
Posts: 4,072
Rep Points: 18474
Default Re: Walter Football mocks T'eo to Bengals @ 21

Nooooooooooo
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-06-2013, 09:32 PM
bfine32's Avatar
bfine32 bfine32 is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Radcliff, KY
Posts: 23,068
Rep Points: 43006
Default Re: Walter Football mocks T'eo to Bengals @ 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Te'o is too big of a head case and I'd be ****** if we took him at 21.

He disappeared in the biggest game of his life. It was only one game? OK, I understand, but it was the biggest game of his life and every game in the NFL will be bigger than that.

We don't need to take another chance on another head case backer.

No thanks.

Please, Lord, no thanks.
Jonathan Franklin disappeared in the biggest game in his life, Arthur Bown disappeared in the biggest game in his life, Jermaine Gresham and Andy Dalton disappeared in the biggest games in thier lives; do you want any of them?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-06-2013, 09:33 PM
ishouldbegm's Avatar
ishouldbegm ishouldbegm is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: south jersey
Posts: 9,350
Rep Points: 9013
Default Re: Walter Football mocks T'eo to Bengals @ 21

he will not be taken in the first round by anybody besides when is the last time notre dame produced a good nfl player
__________________
1st Danny Shelton DT
2nd Eric Kendricks LB
3rd Tre Jackson G
4th Tony Washington LB
4th Quandre Diggs CB
5th Eric Lefeld T
5th Corey Crawford DE
6th Adrian Amos S
7th Tre McBride WR
2014 draft
1st Deone Bucannon S
2nd Cyrus Kouandjio T
3rd Pierre Desir CB
UDFA Keith Smith LB
UDFA Austin Franklin WR
UDFA Dede Lattimore LB
UDFA Jerome Smith RB
UDFA Chaz Sutton DE
UDFA Josh Stewart WR
UDFA Avery Patterson CB
UDFA Antonio Andrews RB
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-06-2013, 09:35 PM
bfine32's Avatar
bfine32 bfine32 is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Radcliff, KY
Posts: 23,068
Rep Points: 43006
Default Re: Walter Football mocks T'eo to Bengals @ 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishouldbegm View Post
he will not be taken in the first round by anybody besides when is the last time notre dame produced a good nfl player
Harrison Smith, this year.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 02-06-2013, 09:40 PM
McC's Avatar
McC McC is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 14,867
Rep Points: 22265
Default Re: Walter Football mocks T'eo to Bengals @ 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
Harrison Smith, this year.
Floyd wasn't too bad either, right?
__________________
www.musicsite.biz/leftyohio

singersongwriterrocknroll
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02-06-2013, 09:46 PM
bfine32's Avatar
bfine32 bfine32 is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Radcliff, KY
Posts: 23,068
Rep Points: 43006
Default Re: Walter Football mocks T'eo to Bengals @ 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
Floyd wasn't too bad either, right?
No doubt, but you have to go all the way back to the 2011 draft before you find a ND draft pick that made the Pro Bowl (Kyle Rudolph).
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-06-2013, 11:36 PM
fredtoast's Avatar
fredtoast fredtoast is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Scenic East Tennessee
Posts: 49,030
Rep Points: 54113
Default Re: Walter Football mocks T'eo to Bengals @ 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
We don't need to take another chance on another head case backer.
After the way you creamed your pants over Vontaze Burfict I thought you would be the last person on the board to say something like this.

Jarvis Moss got two sacks in the biggest game of his college career. How smart was it to judge him on that one game?
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-07-2013, 01:00 AM
NATI BENGALS's Avatar
NATI BENGALS NATI BENGALS is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,694
Rep Points: 4233
Default Re: Walter Football mocks T'eo to Bengals @ 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishouldbegm View Post
he will not be taken in the first round by anybody besides when is the last time notre dame produced a good nfl player
I thought Trevor Robinson had a solid year considering he was an UDFA.

I'd rather us take Te'O in the first than A. Brown.

Preferably we pass on a first round LB all together. The guys with first round grades just seem unremarkable.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-07-2013, 01:34 AM
Carolinabengalfanguy's Avatar
Carolinabengalfanguy Carolinabengalfanguy is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,464
Rep Points: 3250
bengals Re: Walter Football mocks T'eo to Bengals @ 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
Jonathan Franklin disappeared in the biggest game in his life, Arthur Bown disappeared in the biggest game in his life, Jermaine Gresham and Andy Dalton disappeared in the biggest games in thier lives; do you want any of them?
I recall Andy winning the Rose bowl unless of course you are referencing the duds in the playoffs the last two years.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02-07-2013, 01:53 AM
bradfritz21's Avatar
bradfritz21 bradfritz21 is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Kentucky
Posts: 11,129
Rep Points: 19472
Default Re: Walter Football mocks T'eo to Bengals @ 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
After the way you creamed your pants over Vontaze Burfict I thought you would be the last person on the board to say something like this.

Jarvis Moss got two sacks in the biggest game of his college career. How smart was it to judge him on that one game?
Burfict wasn't a head case and the only reason that he went undrafted was because he tried to refine his play to be more controlled and then tried to be a model MIKE, even at the combine/pro day and in interviews.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
Jonathan Franklin disappeared in the biggest game in his life, Arthur Bown disappeared in the biggest game in his life, Jermaine Gresham and Andy Dalton disappeared in the biggest games in thier lives; do you want any of them?
If Gresham catches that ball in the first quarter, it's a whole different ballgame for he and Dalton.

The entire team struggled.

Besides, even if they did struggle, they've proven that they can play well on the big stage and they're still coming into their own.

Look at Peyton Manning and how long it took him to do well in the playoffs, and I could be wrong about Te'o, but he just seems like way too big of a head case, which we're getting out of a bad relationship with a head case in Rey right now.
__________________
.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-07-2013, 01:59 AM
fredtoast's Avatar
fredtoast fredtoast is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Scenic East Tennessee
Posts: 49,030
Rep Points: 54113
Default Re: Walter Football mocks T'eo to Bengals @ 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Burfict wasn't a head case and the only reason that he went undrafted was because he tried to refine his play to be more controlled and then tried to be a model MIKE, even at the combine/pro day and in interviews.
So a model MIke is fat, slow, out of shape and smokes dope?



Please stop this silliness Brad. I feel embarrassed for you. Even Burfict admitted that he had lots of problems that he had to straighten out. Are calling him a liar?
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-07-2013, 02:19 AM
berserkerone88's Avatar
berserkerone88 berserkerone88 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Did you get that thing I sencha?
Posts: 20,551
Rep Points: 25890
Default Re: Walter Football mocks T'eo to Bengals @ 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
So a model MIke is fat, slow, out of shape and smokes dope?



Please stop this silliness Brad. I feel embarrassed for you. Even Burfict admitted that he had lots of problems that he had to straighten out. Are calling him a liar?
Pretty much this.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 02-07-2013, 11:30 AM
bradfritz21's Avatar
bradfritz21 bradfritz21 is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Kentucky
Posts: 11,129
Rep Points: 19472
Default Re: Walter Football mocks T'eo to Bengals @ 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
So a model MIke is fat, slow, out of shape and smokes dope?



Please stop this silliness Brad. I feel embarrassed for you. Even Burfict admitted that he had lots of problems that he had to straighten out. Are calling him a liar?
States are legalizing marijuana, but he's a bad linebacker for smoking it?



Looking for reasons to hate,

When was he fat?



Looking for more reasons to hate.

He ran a slow 40 and might have been a bit out-of-shape, but that happened after the season, which my model MIKE statement was obviously about his play his final year because how can he be a model MIKE with no games?

Count it

__________________
.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 02-07-2013, 11:33 AM
OchoCincos's Avatar
OchoCincos OchoCincos is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 2,403
Rep Points: 3335
Default Re: Walter Football mocks T'eo to Bengals @ 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinabengalfanguy View Post
I recall Andy winning the Rose bowl unless of course you are referencing the duds in the playoffs the last two years.
Has to be referring to the past two years in the NFL playoffs. The Rose Bowl is not all that great anyway :-P
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 02-07-2013, 12:18 PM
fredtoast's Avatar
fredtoast fredtoast is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Scenic East Tennessee
Posts: 49,030
Rep Points: 54113
Default Re: Walter Football mocks T'eo to Bengals @ 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
States are legalizing marijuana, but he's a bad linebacker for smoking it?



Looking for reasons to hate,

When was he fat?



Looking for more reasons to hate.

He ran a slow 40 and might have been a bit out-of-shape, but that happened after the season, which my model MIKE statement was obviously about his play his final year because how can he be a model MIKE with no games?

Count it

I don't think he is bad for smoking pot, but the NFL does. That is all that matters to me. I am not fantasizing about marrying the guy like you are. all I care about is that he doesn't get suspended when we need him on the field.


And he was fat and out of shape at the combine. Everyone knows this. Even Burfict has admitted it.

And you also wanted us to take Jenoris Jenkins, but now you say T'eo, who has never been in any legal trouble, or kicked out of school, or been involved in brawls, or failed drug tests, or father a bunch of illegitimate kids is too much of a head case?

You have some of the most screwed up values I have ever seen Brad. I actually understand the miondset of guys who are willing to forgive a guy anything just because he can ball. I don't agree with it, but I at least understand it. But how in the hell can you defend guys like Burfict and Jenkins but be down on T'eo?

It appears to me that you are a bit homophobic. That is the only possible explanation I can think of. If I am wrong please give me your actually reasoning.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-07-2013, 12:46 PM
mayhem13 mayhem13 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: cleveland
Posts: 380
Rep Points: 465
Default Re: Walter Football mocks T'eo to Bengals @ 21

If Ogletree and Vaccaro are gone by then, I am ok with drafting Teo. He does sort if remind me of Maulauga though...although better in coverage I think
__________________
My 2014 Bengals Mock
1- Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
2- Marcus Martin, C, USC
3- Jeremy Hill, RB, LSU
4- Will Clarke, DE, WV
5- Charles Leno, OG, Boise State
6- Prince Shembo, OLB, ND
6- Ty Zimmerman, FS, Kansas State
7-Matt Hazel, WR, Coastal Carolina
7- Gator Hoskins, TE/FB
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-07-2013, 01:09 PM
bradfritz21's Avatar
bradfritz21 bradfritz21 is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Kentucky
Posts: 11,129
Rep Points: 19472
Default Re: Walter Football mocks T'eo to Bengals @ 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
I don't think he is bad for smoking pot, but the NFL does. That is all that matters to me. I am not fantasizing about marrying the guy like you are. all I care about is that he doesn't get suspended when we need him on the field.


And he was fat and out of shape at the combine. Everyone knows this. Even Burfict has admitted it.

And you also wanted us to take Jenoris Jenkins, but now you say T'eo, who has never been in any legal trouble, or kicked out of school, or been involved in brawls, or failed drug tests, or father a bunch of illegitimate kids is too much of a head case?

You have some of the most screwed up values I have ever seen Brad. I actually understand the miondset of guys who are willing to forgive a guy anything just because he can ball. I don't agree with it, but I at least understand it. But how in the hell can you defend guys like Burfict and Jenkins but be down on T'eo?

It appears to me that you are a bit homophobic. That is the only possible explanation I can think of. If I am wrong please give me your actually reasoning.
Fred goes to the homophobe comment when I havern't mentionerd anything about him being gay in this thread or even mentioned it as a possiblilty (I think I may have mentioned it once as a posssibility in another thread).

I'm down on Te'o and not the other guys because having a made-up girlfriend (I don't believe he ever actually believed she was real) for, what, three years and then blowing up in the biggest game of his life after it all comes out just screams "NFL BUST" and someone who has problems in his mind that likely won't ever go away because he obviously has issues.

Jenkins smoked pot and had unprotected sex a lot....... he's the devil.

Burfict smoked pot and was out of shape.......... he's the devil.

Te'o's a head case and not that good to begin with.

First two guys were immature but are doing great in the NFL.

Te'o's a basket case and that effects people's play.
__________________
.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-07-2013, 01:26 PM
Lawless_1's Avatar
Lawless_1 Lawless_1 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spartanburg, South Carolina
Posts: 8,103
Rep Points: 10697
Default Re: Walter Football mocks T'eo to Bengals @ 21

If I am drafting for SOLB in round 1 I'd go with Dion Jordan.
__________________
"I don't care if it's rock, paper, scissors or a race to the car I do what I can to win" - Tyler Eifert

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-07-2013, 01:26 PM
Hammerstripes Hammerstripes is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Atkinson, NE
Posts: 7,619
Rep Points: 6698
Default Re: Walter Football mocks T'eo to Bengals @ 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Burfict wasn't a head case and the only reason that he went undrafted was because he tried to refine his play to be more controlled and then tried to be a model MIKE, even at the combine/pro day and in interviews.




If Gresham catches that ball in the first quarter, it's a whole different ballgame for he and Dalton.

The entire team struggled.

Besides, even if they did struggle, they've proven that they can play well on the big stage and they're still coming into their own.

Look at Peyton Manning and how long it took him to do well in the playoffs, and I could be wrong about Te'o, but he just seems like way too big of a head case, which we're getting out of a bad relationship with a head case in Rey right now.
You are definitely forgetting a lot about Burfict from his college days. Head case was a perfect description for him. He played too out of control, not the other way around.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02-07-2013, 01:27 PM
Hammerstripes Hammerstripes is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Atkinson, NE
Posts: 7,619
Rep Points: 6698
Default Re: Walter Football mocks T'eo to Bengals @ 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawless_1 View Post
If I am drafting for SOLB in round 1 I'd go with Dion Jordan.
6'7" LB? I don't see that working out very well.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-07-2013, 01:42 PM
fredtoast's Avatar
fredtoast fredtoast is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Scenic East Tennessee
Posts: 49,030
Rep Points: 54113
Default Re: Walter Football mocks T'eo to Bengals @ 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post

Jenkins smoked pot and had unprotected sex a lot....... he's the devil.

Burfict smoked pot and was out of shape.......... he's the devil.

Te'o's a head case and not that good to begin with.

First two guys were immature but are doing great in the NFL.

Te'o's a basket case and that effects people's play.
This doesn't explain anything. All it does is re-enforce my position that you have a screwed up set of values.

Burfict punches his teammates, smokes pot, blows the biggest job interviews of his life at both the combine and his pro day, and doesn't even get to play in the biggest game of his college career because he was suspended...............He is not a head case at all.

Jenkins smokes pot, gets arrested twice for bar fights and even has to be tazed by the police, gets kicked out of the team, fathers a bunch of illegitimate kids.......He is not a head case at all.

T'eo is voted Team Captain by his teammates, never gets into any trouble, falls for an internet prank......He is a head case.

There is just something very wrong with your value system, Brad. I hate to accuse someone of being homophobic, but I honestly can't see any other explanation.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-07-2013, 01:43 PM
crazyjdawg's Avatar
crazyjdawg crazyjdawg is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cincy
Posts: 10,043
Rep Points: 20070
Default Re: Walter Football mocks T'eo to Bengals @ 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishouldbegm View Post
he will not be taken in the first round by anybody besides when is the last time notre dame produced a good nfl player
Tom Zbikowski, Justin Tuck, Golden Tate, Harrison Smith, Kyle Rudolph, Trevor Robinson, Ryan Grant, Michael Floyd, Anthony Fasano and John Carlson are all significant Notre Dame graduates in the last 5 or so years (Tuck was 2005).

That's more than a lot of colleges and I don't think college should be taken into account in this scenario.

I understand peoples fear of Teo. He is kind of like a Maualuga clone. He is a big, downhill LB who is great at stopping the run but has stiff hips in pass coverage.
But peoples opinion of Teo on this message board is based entirely on the extremely negative experience with Maualuga. Not only is Teo more instinctive, but hes a better tackler and reads plays better.

He may lack sideline to sideline speed, but plenty of LBs in the NFL lack that. Arguably the greatest MLB of all time, Ray Lewis did not make his living running side by side with Tight ends. He made it by standing between the hashmarks, watching the QBs eyes and ***** slapping anyone that came near him with a ball in their hands.

That is what I see when I watch Teo. What the Bengals did with Maualuga, putting him in man to man coverage in the playoff game, was a terrible idea. Maualuga doesnt have the ability to do that and Teo probably wont excel at that either. But that is just one limitation. Teo is a better run stopper, he is a better tackler and is WAY more instinctive than Maualuga. Teo can actually read QBs eyes and can feel crossing patterns behind him. How do you think he was 2nd in the nation in interceptions? Luck?

The kid has talent. And if we pass on him because of Maualuga, wed be making a huge mistake. They are similar in some ways but VERY different in a lot of other ways as well.
__________________


Call me CJD
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-07-2013, 01:49 PM
fredtoast's Avatar
fredtoast fredtoast is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Scenic East Tennessee
Posts: 49,030
Rep Points: 54113
Default Re: Walter Football mocks T'eo to Bengals @ 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstripes View Post
6'7" LB? I don't see that working out very well.
Ted Hendricks
Greg Ellis
Alfred Williams
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 02-07-2013, 03:26 PM
Carolinabengalfanguy's Avatar
Carolinabengalfanguy Carolinabengalfanguy is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,464
Rep Points: 3250
bengals Re: Walter Football mocks T'eo to Bengals @ 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
This doesn't explain anything. All it does is re-enforce my position that you have a screwed up set of values.

Burfict punches his teammates, smokes pot, blows the biggest job interviews of his life at both the combine and his pro day, and doesn't even get to play in the biggest game of his college career because he was suspended...............He is not a head case at all.

Jenkins smokes pot, gets arrested twice for bar fights and even has to be tazed by the police, gets kicked out of the team, fathers a bunch of illegitimate kids.......He is not a head case at all.

T'eo is voted Team Captain by his teammates, never gets into any trouble, falls for an internet prank......He is a head case.

There is just something very wrong with your value system, Brad. I hate to accuse someone of being homophobic, but I honestly can't see any other explanation.
He falls for an internet prank than he's an idiot I'm okay, but in all honesty

I really do believe that he was in on it. He knew the guy, they were at games together, I honestly believe that it was a big scheme (extraordinarily stupid and dim-witted) to gain fame. Still though I'd probably take Te'o at 21 (pending who was there he wouldn't be my top option) despite my belief that he was in on it.

Another bit of evidence for me was him getting really nervous and scared the entire month of December leading up to the National Championship game because he was about to be caught, which led to his dud in the NC.

ESPN was the network that kept talking about the death of his girlfriend without apparently doing any research whatsoever (after reading the information I feel that any idiot that tried to dig whatsoever would have discovered it was all a lie) and now they are doing everything they possibly can to make him a victim.

I could be completely wrong, but that's what I think.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.