Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 02-07-2013, 04:52 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7267
Default Re: My wife asked me what i wanted for Valentines day..

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
Way to try and dodge my point.

I've really got you dancing now.
How is that a dodge as opposed to a ford or chevy?

Dancing to what? Blind Mans Boogie?

It's plain to see, you're okay with mediocrity and just making a showing and winning a few regular season games, while I want to see actual playoff wins once every few decades.

Is that too much to ask for?
Old 02-07-2013, 04:59 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 49729

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
It's plain to see, you're okay with mediocrity and just making a showing and winning a few regular season games, while I want to see actual playoff wins once every few decades.
It's plain to see that you have no argument so instead you made a strawman to knock down.

Please post a link to where I have said that I am satisfied with not winning playoff games. All you will find is that I, like fans of every other team in the league, am happy when we make the playoffs. If you ever watched any other football games you would see these fans of the Packers, Steelers, and Patriots celebrating when they win regular season games and especially when they make the playoffs. That doesn't mean they are satisfied with mediocrity.

Now run along, son. Come back when you've got a real argument.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:02 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Bengals averaged 61188 per home game. Capacity of PBS is 65535.

You are as clueless about this as you are about fans of other teams not celebrating regular season victories.
Paid attendance all showing up dressed as empty bleacher seats, I guess that's why
none of the games were blacked out here locally?

Steelers and Cowboys fans sold out two games, and an inordinate number of visitors filled countless others, a far cry from what it was a few years ago, and laughable compared to the percentage of what it was at Riverfront.

BTW, what good is a regular season victory if it's never followed up with a playoff win?

Ask one of the 10,000 STH's who dropped their seats.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:06 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
It's plain to see that you have no argument so instead you made a strawman to knock down.

Please post a link to where I have said that I am satisfied with not winning playoff games. All you will find is that I, like fans of every other team in the league, am happy when we make the playoffs. If you ever watched any other football games you would see these fans of the Packers, Steelers, and Patriots celebrating when they win regular season games and especially when they make the playoffs. That doesn't mean they are satisfied with mediocrity.

Now run along, son. Come back when you've got a real argument.
Yeah, because all have won playoff games in the last few years you silly goose, and have hope to continue to do so based on a commitment to win. I'm sure none of them would be disheartened if the last time they won a playoff game was against Jerry Glanville and the Houston Oilers.

Run along yourself and come back when we have a playoff win.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:13 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Yeah, because all have won playoff games in the last few years you silly goose, and have hope to continue to do so based on a commitment to win. I'm sure none of them would be disheartened if the last time they won a playoff game was against Jerry Glanville and the Houston Oilers.

Run along yourself and come back when we have a playoff win.

I said fans of EVERY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE.

Just do as I say. Watch some games. Educate yourself. It will keep you from embarrassing yourself so much on these message boards.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:15 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Paid attendance all showing up dressed as empty bleacher seats, I guess that's why
none of the games were blacked out here locally?

Steelers and Cowboys fans sold out two games, and an inordinate number of visitors filled countless others, a far cry from what it was a few years ago, and laughable compared to the percentage of what it was at Riverfront. .
Good to see that you are man enough to admit that you were completely wrong when you said there were 20 thousand empty seats at every game but one last year.

You are welcome for the lesson. Come back anytime you need another one.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:22 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
I said fans of EVERY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE.

Just do as I say. Watch some games. Educate yourself. It will keep you from embarrassing yourself so much on these message boards.
But gave examples from the NFL elite teams.

Embarrassing as in not making the playoffs for 23 years or embarrassing as in signing free agents with a debilitating knee injuries?

Old 02-07-2013, 05:27 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
But gave examples from the NFL elite teams.

Embarrassing as in not making the playoffs for 23 years or embarrassing as in signing free agents with a debilitating knee injuries?

Embarrassing as in getting caught making completely false statements and not know when to give up instead of getting slapped around some more.

Seriously, what does the Bengals playoff drought have to do with you looking like a clown on these message boards?
Old 02-07-2013, 05:29 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Good to see that you are man enough to admit that you were completely wrong when you said there were 20 thousand empty seats at every game but one last year.

You are welcome for the lesson. Come back anytime you need another one.

The Book of Fred

Lesson one:

How to Embrace and Rationalize Chronic Losing

Old 02-07-2013, 05:35 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Embarrassing as in getting caught making completely false statements and not know when to give up instead of getting slapped around some more.

Seriously, what does the Bengals playoff drought have to do with you looking like a clown on these message boards?
Or embarrassing as you playing the consummate role of the clueless homer?

Empty seats Freddy, every week, sometimes thousands, one time 20,000, year before that even more. Steelers and Cowboys took over PBS...you say it's false, I say it's true. You live hundreds of miles away, I've been a STH since 1984.

BTW, most fans prefer to witness playoff wins as opposed to homers like you rationalizing two decades plus away as common occurances. That's how you lose 10,000 season ticket holders Freddy.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:36 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
The Book of Fred

Lesson one:

How to Embrace and Rationalize Chronic Losing

Here is my last lesson for you before I have to go.

You win debates and respect on these boards by proving the other person is wrong.

Resorting to nothing but name calling just makes you look like a pathetic loser.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:38 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Here is my last lesson for you before I have to go.

You win debates and respect on these boards by proving the other person is wrong.

Resorting to nothing but name calling just makes you look like a pathetic loser.
Name calling? Your name not Freddy or is the term homer what you're uncomfortable with?

Is that one in the Book of Fred too? I bet it's right next to the chapter on Deflection, Denial and Disregarding the truth.

I guess you don't like it when your own tactics are used against you. Huh.

Last edited by Rattler; 02-07-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:39 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:

Empty seats Freddy, every week, sometimes thousands, one time 20,000, year before that even more. Steelers and Cowboys took over PBS...you say it's false, I say it's true. You live hundreds of miles away, I've been a STH since 1984.
You said 20 thousand empty seats every game except one.

i didn't say anything. Instead I just posted facts that proved you were completely wrong.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:40 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:

BTW, most fans prefer to witness playoff wins as opposed to homers like you rationalizing two decades plus away as common occurances.
I see you didn't learn my lesson about creating strawmen when you don't have an argument.

You need to study my lessons a little harder.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:47 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
You said 20 thousand empty seats every game except one.

i didn't say anything. Instead I just posted facts that proved you were completely wrong.
What have you proven Fred? I thought you had to go?

Since you're still around, here's your proof.

Bengals Last in NFL attendance

The Bengals have only sold out one game this season, against Pittsburgh, largely due to an influx of Steeler fans. Even last week's "Battle of Ohio" with the Browns,
traditionally one of the more popular tickets, drew fewer than 50,000 fans to PBS which seats 65,515. And that's counting tickets purchased. The "eyeball" accounting
of the stadium showed that the announced attendance was probably larger than the number of actual attendees.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:49 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
I see you didn't learn my lesson about creating strawmen when you don't have an argument.

You need to study my lessons a little harder.
The Book of Fred = never made the playoffs

It's okay Fred, it was a moral victory.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:05 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Since it didn't happen last year I am pretty sure it won't happen this year either.
Quote:
So all those empties were just you and your buddies dressed up as empty seats. You got quite a following.

How many did you make it to Freddy?
Quote:

Since you're still around, here's your proof.

Bengals Last in NFL attendance

The Bengals have only sold out one game this season, against Pittsburgh, largely due to an influx of Steeler fans. Even last week's "Battle of Ohio" with the Browns,
traditionally one of the more popular tickets, drew fewer than 50,000 fans to PBS which seats 65,515. And that's counting tickets purchased. The "eyeball" accounting
of the stadium showed that the announced attendance was probably larger than the number of actual attendees.

Poor old Rattler. I've got him so shaken up he can't even tell 2011 from 2012.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:14 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Poor old Rattler. I've got him so shaken up he can't even tell 2011 from 2012.
Oh my, Fred says I'm all shook up...what to do? How about visual evidence?

Yeah, the years all seem to come together when you've had season tickets for longer than the Bengals playoff drought.

Funny how you're the one who brought up 2012 and not me. Just another attempt to deflect the truth huh Fred?

Truth is we were 32nd in attendance in 2011 and 24th in 2012, but hey, as long as we're not last huh Fred, not like Steeler, Cowboy, Giant, Bronco, Ravens fans had anything to do with attendance numbers in 2012 now would it Fred?

Announced attendance numbers are also laughable, but since Fred is not there every game then how would Fred know?

Here's what a typical PBS crowd looked like for any game not involving the Steelers or Cowboys in 2012. Actually, it was the Giants game which had a few more than the others.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:19 PM
VIP Gold Member

The transport flyover was very cool.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:22 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:

Funny how you're the one who brought up 2012 and not me. Just another attempt to deflect the truth huh Fred?
So when you talked about Cowboy fans taking over the stadium I guess you were talking about when we played at PBS them in 2011?
Old 02-07-2013, 06:31 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:

Announced attendance numbers are also laughable, but since Fred is not there every game then how would Fred know?
Well for one thing I looked at multiple games before I bought the Bronco tickets and there just were not tha many seats available.

Then, of course there is this.....

Quote:

There are lots of people here who go to all the games. See how many of them you can get to back up your claim that there were 20 thousand empty seats at seven of the home games last year. This is a perfect chance to prove your credibility to everyone here.

I'll wait.
And I am still waiting.

BTW nice photo of the stadium when the game was going on. From my experience that means there were several thousand people on the concourse instead of in their seats, and if you look at the photo you can tell it is true in this case also. The visible walkways and concourse are packed with fans.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:32 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
So when you talked about Cowboy fans taking over the stadium I guess you were talking about when we played at PBS them in 2011?
No that would have been another blackout in 2012, like the Giants and Raiders, if it weren't for 20,000 Cowboy fans in the stadium, even more than Steeler fans on Monday night, a lot more as a matter of fact. You see, you're the one who's trying to hone into one single year.

What about the 49'er game in 2011 BTW? Is that you at the top middle by yourself and thousands of abandoned PSL's?

Old 02-07-2013, 06:35 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448
bengals Re: My wife asked me what i wanted for Valentines day..

Quote:
Fred, how come every thread, on every page, has you in a argument with someone?
Old 02-07-2013, 06:36 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:

BTW nice photo of the stadium when the game was going on. From my experience that means there were several thousand people on the concourse instead of in their seats, and if you look at the photo you can tell it is true in this case also. The visible walkways and concourse are packed with fans.
Wrong as usual Freddy...Veterans Day flyover before kickoff and the seats stayed that way throughout the game.

You see Freddy, this is why they have this mystical thing called a blackout when thousands of seats remain unsold and the Bengals don't contribute enough tickets to veterans or TV doesn't buy enough of them to declare a sellout so they can sell their advertising.

See how that works Freddy?
Old 02-07-2013, 06:38 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18621

I'm sorry. I wandered into another one of those private conversations by mistake. My bad. This thread sure spawned a few tributaries to get to this place, huh?.