Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 02-07-2013, 04:20 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22488
Default Re: Cheat Sheet to the super bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPChrisHenry View Post
OK. Do you want an upgrade over Boling or are you set on boling? B/c you could sell me on Warmack, or Fluker if he was there(depending on A.Smith), but i dont know if i like cooper the same.
Well, Warmack is a stud so he would be a clear definitive upgrade.
Fluker is not who I would play at LG.
Cooper is just as good as Warmack just in different ways.

I don't think upgrading Boling happens unless we get a guy who is a clear upgrade otherwise Id rather just keep the continuity on the OL.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:23 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2727

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post

I don't think upgrading Boling happens unless we get a guy who is a clear upgrade otherwise Id rather just keep the continuity on the OL.
As much as I think we could still upgrade at LG and C, I too don't see it happening unless there is a clear upgrade that happens to fall. I think we'll see Boling/Wharton and Cook/Robinson one more year, and if there are still problems, they will be addressed next year.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:30 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by OchoCincos View Post
That may work, but it may not. That's depending more on power than speed. Bell is not a speed back. He may surprise at the combine, but he has not shown that yet.

I assume you want a WR as a returner because it's their job to catch passes, and the returner needs to be able to do that first and foremost. But a good pass catching RB has the hands to be able to catch a punt/KO. Either will work.

Don't know why you're mocking Dyer to us. Unless something has changed, Dyer stated he was going to return to college football for 2013. Please provide the link of him declaring for the draft and I'll rep you for it.

Saw a bunch of draft talks as recent as December having him mocked and teams that he would most likely land at...that was my confusion i do see that in august it says that he plans to sit out the draft and play college football again sources say.
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2012/12...ms-jeff-fisher
just an example
Old 02-07-2013, 04:34 PM
Veteran Member

bengals Re: Cheat Sheet to the super bowl

Quote:
Disagree.
I think he is destined for LG.

And I wouldn't really want him here. I think he is a marginal upgrade over Boling and for how early we would take him, I dont think that is worth it.

Id rather take Cooper or Warmack if we are going to go OL
If he is destined for LG then he would be an immediate clear upgrade over boling at LG. Barrett Jones will be a stud at LG and is and will be much better than boling and is a great pick at 2a.. Add his versatility and now uve upgraded the whole offensive line also.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:37 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2727

Quote:
Saw a bunch of draft talks as recent as December having him mocked and teams that he would most likely land at...that was my confusion i do see that in august it says that he plans to sit out the draft and play college football again sources say.
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2012/12...ms-jeff-fisher
just an example
Yea I saw the same things. Maybe the "professional" mockers on sites haven't heard his statement back in August, or they think he will change his mind. For now, I'm going off of his statement from August, as he has still not declared for the draft.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Veteran Member

bengals Re: Cheat Sheet to the super bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by OchoCincos View Post
Yea I saw the same things. Maybe the "professional" mockers on sites haven't heard his statement back in August, or they think he will change his mind. For now, I'm going off of his statement from August, as he has still not declared for the draft.
Word. Ima make a quick change..but if he comes out...the draft that is, ha i hope we grab him.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:56 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Fluker Would be an absolute monster and imo possible top guard by the end of the year if we plugged him in ASAP. His biggest weakness is his speed. He is 6'5 355lbs wich is a road block. I think He's a better NFL guard then NFL tackle. Kick him inside and have him clear the way. so i gotta disagree.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664143
Old 02-07-2013, 08:45 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1729

Like the Vince Williams pick. He could probably move out to SAM too. He plays like a man in the run game and could easily set the edge if he had to.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:51 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 42935

Quote:
Fluker Would be an absolute monster and imo possible top guard by the end of the year if we plugged him in ASAP. His biggest weakness is his speed. He is 6'5 355lbs wich is a road block. I think He's a better NFL guard then NFL tackle. Kick him inside and have him clear the way. so i gotta disagree.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664143

I agree that Fluker at G would be a great thing. AND, he could also be backup RT, as we have Boling and Robinson who both can play G.

Here come's the....BOOM!