Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 02-07-2013, 06:39 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 218
Default Kiper and McShay 2.0 Mocks

New mocks out..

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...nate-top-board

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...ond-mock-draft
Old 02-07-2013, 06:48 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5724
Default Re: Kiper and McShay 2.0 Mocks

Doesn't help us non-insiders much, can't see past the first 5 picks in round 1 and 3 picks in round 2
Old 02-07-2013, 07:00 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3783

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M (the other one) View Post
Doesn't help us non-insiders much, can't see past the first 5 picks in round 1 and 3 picks in round 2
Kiper has the Bengals taking Kenny Vaccaro.

Quote:
Analysis: This is just a big need spot for the Bengals. Reggie Nelson rated out pretty well for them, but the drop-off is significant from there. What you get in Vaccaro is a player who upgrades at either free or strong safety. Given Nelson's presence, Vaccaro should step in and be the Week 1 starter at strong safety. The Bengals need help at linebacker, and Vaccaro can actually offer that kind of presence, because he's a physical defender who can play in the box and defend the run effectively, or drop into coverage. He's a solid value here and fills a need.
McShay has the Bengals taking Eddie Lacy.

Quote:
This is too high for Lacy in my opinion, but some believe he's worth a top-20 pick and if Cincinnati has a high enough grade on him it would make sense from a needs standpoint. I would rather see the Bengals address a different position, but they've used so many early-round picks on players at key positions (QB, OL, WR, DL, CB, TE) in recent years that they might be able to afford a luxury pick like this. Defensive end could also be an option if the right player were available.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:08 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 19118

McShay is a *******.

You're not supposed to mock players to teams that you know is a reach. the idea behind a mock draft is you give every team the player that you feel is not only the best value, but the best position of need as well.

Like what Kiper did (Vacarro).

You can't say the Bengals will draft Eddy Lacy then say "This is too high for Lacy in my opinion, but some believe he's worth a top-20 pick"

If YOU think this is too high for Lacy then why are YOU mocking them there, you tool?

I swear, this guy needs to disappear. He is so talentless. It's like they dragged some drunk frat boy off of a community college campus, dressed him in a suit and told him to act the way he does around his boys.

5-4-14
Round 1: CALVIN PRYOR Safety Louisville
Round 2: MARCUS MARTIN Center USC
Round 3: STANLEY JEAN-BAPTISTE CB Nebraska
Round 4: JACK MEWHORT OT OSU
Round 5: TAJH BOYD QB Clemson
Round 6: CODY HOFFMAN WR BYU
Round 6: TREVOR REILLY OLB/DE Utah
Round 7: AARON LYNCH DE South Florida
Round 7: DAMIEN WILLIAMS RB Oklahoma
Old 02-07-2013, 07:11 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19154

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjdawg View Post
McShay is a *******.

You're not supposed to mock players to teams that you know is a reach. the idea behind a mock draft is you give every team the player that you feel is not only the best value, but the best position of need as well.

You can't say the Bengals will draft Eddy Lacy then say "This is too high for Lacy in my opinion, but some believe he's worth a top-20 pick"

If YOU think this is too high for Lacy then why are YOU mocking them there, you tool?

I swear, this guy needs to disappear. He is so talentless. It's like they dragged some drunk frat boy off of a community college campus, dressed him in a suit and told him to act the way he does around his boys.
Seems a little uniformed to call RB a luxury pick.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:50 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 5072

Quote:
McShay is a *******.

What? A mock is a projection of what they think will happen not pretend like outside factors don't exist and make perfect scenarios like everyone around here does. He is saying he believes it to be too high but many don't and because so he thinks the bengals will take him. Teams reach all the time and basically he is saying we will. We very well may, but many were saying the same thing about Doug Martin in the first round early on.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:33 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8519

Love the idea of adding Vaccaro in 1. He would be a huge upgrade for us.

Honestly don't hate the Lacy pick. We need to add a RB that teams fear so that they have to stack the box which opens things up for Dalton; Lacy could definitely develop into that guy. That said, early round RBs with this franchise are always a scary proposition.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:12 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 44729

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
Seems a little uniformed to call RB a luxury pick.

RB isn't a luxury pick, but at 21 it is a reach.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:39 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 19118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au165 View Post
What? A mock is a projection of what they think will happen not pretend like outside factors don't exist and make perfect scenarios like everyone around here does. He is saying he believes it to be too high but many don't and because so he thinks the bengals will take him. Teams reach all the time and basically he is saying we will. We very well may, but many were saying the same thing about Doug Martin in the first round early on.
He says we will reach then he calls it a luxury pick.

Those are two complete opposite notions.

The guy is a fool.

5-4-14
Round 1: CALVIN PRYOR Safety Louisville
Round 2: MARCUS MARTIN Center USC
Round 3: STANLEY JEAN-BAPTISTE CB Nebraska
Round 4: JACK MEWHORT OT OSU
Round 5: TAJH BOYD QB Clemson
Round 6: CODY HOFFMAN WR BYU
Round 6: TREVOR REILLY OLB/DE Utah
Round 7: AARON LYNCH DE South Florida
Round 7: DAMIEN WILLIAMS RB Oklahoma
Old 02-07-2013, 09:44 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18614

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
RB isn't a luxury pick, but at 21 it is a reach.
Picking Lacy that high would **** me off because there's equal or better value that can be found later.

That would be a Mike Brown pick, so let's see if the page really has turned (everyting in recent history says it has, but the 90s [and even some of this century] are still burnt into my memory).

That's what happens when you grow up in Greater Cincinnati and develop Battered Fan syndrom.

Visit my site or if you know of any schools, companies, youth groups, etc., that are in need of a public speaker.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:47 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 152

There are teams that reach for players in every draft so to say the Bengals will reach for Lacy isn't stupid.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:33 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8519

It's still far too early in the process to call Lacy a reach at 21. Lets see how his workouts go. You can bet your *** that if he lays down a sub-4.5 40 at the combine that no one will think taking him in the 20s is a reach. He could end up being better that the two guys he followed at Bama and has little wear and tear.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:09 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bech72 View Post
It's still far too early in the process to call Lacy a reach at 21. Lets see how his workouts go. You can bet your *** that if he lays down a sub-4.5 40 at the combine that no one will think taking him in the 20s is a reach. He could end up being better that the two guys he followed at Bama and has little wear and tear.
Workouts really don't mean that much to me. As long as a guy like Lacy doesn't run a 4.8, I'm pretty much still putting him as a 2nd rounder. Even if he ran a 4.2, I'd still view him that way.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:13 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8278

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstripes View Post
Workouts really don't mean that much to me. As long as a guy like Lacy doesn't run a 4.8, I'm pretty much still putting him as a 2nd rounder. Even if he ran a 4.2, I'd still view him that way.
He's a sure first rounder IMO
Old 02-07-2013, 11:21 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6419

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance02 View Post
He's a sure first rounder IMO
About 10 years ago I would completely agree with you. In the current NFL, running backs just don't seem to carry much of a premium on draft day.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:24 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4224

If Lacy is the #1 HB in the draft I don't consider taking the best player available at a position supremely critical to the offense a reach.

I'm hoping the Steeler's front office doesn't fall in love with him.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:32 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10380

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATI BENGALS View Post
If Lacy is the #1 HB in the draft I don't consider taking the best player available at a position supremely critical to the offense a reach.

I'm hoping the Steeler's front office doesn't fall in love with him.
Lacy is arguably the best in the draft. Others still argue that Bernard is better.

And I highly doubt the Steelers take him at 18. If they do, then that certainly is a huge reach. Plus, Bengals have two more picks after the Steelers first pick

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 02-08-2013, 12:46 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4224

Does Kiper have Menelik Watson going in the first round?
Old 02-08-2013, 03:16 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 581

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATI BENGALS View Post
Does Kiper have Menelik Watson going in the first round?
24th overall, but that's way to high for a project. Maybe in the 3rd round, but not 1st.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-08-2013, 03:31 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1294

Quote:
McShay is a *******.

I think kiper and mcshay purposely screw up their first couple drafts so 1 they dont seem like they are staying pat the whole off season, 2 to create some kind of talk, or 3 because they havent done any of their homework.

I love the Vacarro pick. But mel kiper had MONTEE BALL going to us in the first round like 2 weeks ago. And he did the same thing he said something to the effect of i think this is a reach and too high blah blah blah. They clearly but little to no thought in the first couple mocks.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:18 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225

Vaccaro would be a terrible pick. We shouldn't take a safety until the 3rd round.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:25 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 5072

All who think drafting Lacey at 21 would be a waste or a luxury pick let me ask you something. Would drafting Doug Martin last year instead of Kirkpatrick have angered you in hindsight?

Everyone always wants to say RB are not a value pick, you can find them late, etc. The only problem is we have needed a really good one for years, and we never find them late. Just think if we would have "reached" last year on doug martin how good this team would have been. As you can see from Kirkpatrick even the "safe" picks don't always work out ( at least yet).
Old 02-08-2013, 10:09 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1025

I love both picks to be quite honest.....

If Vacarro is there, then no doubt, grab his *** because he is the best safety coming out this year.

Look, there may be a lot of people on here who either do not want to touch Lacy, or feel that it would be a reach to grab him at 21. What happens if Lacy just straight up explodes onto the scene with his results? What happens if Lacy runs a 4.4 40 (which he is capable of doing)? Lacy could jump into first round consideration very quickly depending on his combine results and if that happens, there is no way he makes it past Green Bay.

I would be content with either of these two picks.

Kiper - Vacarro (1st). RB (2nd), WR / LB (2nd)
McShay - Lacy (1st), LB (2nd), WR / S (2nd)

Here Us......ROAR!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 10:10 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1025

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal4ever68 View Post
Vaccaro would be a terrible pick. We shouldn't take a safety until the 3rd round.
HAHAHAHAHA what? Are you kidding me? He is the best safety in the draft. I guess drafting the best player at their position would be a terrible idea. This is the reason we have a horrible safety situation on our hands, because we wait till the 3rd round or later to draft one!!!

If Vacarro is there, you take him!!

Here Us......ROAR!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 10:15 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewee28 View Post
HAHAHAHAHA what? Are you kidding me? He is the best safety in the draft. I guess drafting the best player at their position would be a terrible idea. This is the reason we have a horrible safety situation on our hands, because we wait till the 3rd round or later to draft one!!!

If Vacarro is there, you take him!!
I agree, but I also like DJ Swearinger in the 3rd or 4th if we go another direction in the 1st.