Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 02-08-2013, 04:20 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4233
bengals If It Goes Our Way

Would require us getting lucky more than once.

1 Eddie Lacy HB Bama - Truck like work horse beast monster bell cow (possible man crush).

2 Manti Te'O LB ND - Project Maualuga 2.0 v.freshstart.

2 Matt Elam S UF - Safeties fall sometimes.

3 Menelik Watson OL FSU - Football inexperience causes a slide for one of the most athletic OL in the draft.

4 Marquise Goodwin WR/ATH/KR/HB Texas - Olympian offers immense potential at WR while easily replacing Tate as KR/PR.

5 Tyler Bray QB - IDK I can hope, he is a designated throwing QB at the combine and that is supposedly a job often given to late round and UDFA guys.

6 Cierre Wood HB ND - You would be hard pressed to find a guy with more upside here.

6 Walter Stewart DE UC - Poor mans Barkevious Mingo. Injury scare results in us getting a steal.

6c Tyrann Mathieu CB LSU - I would have zero complaints about cutting Jason Allen and his salary and replacing him with a Heisman finalist acquired in the 6th round.

7 Taylor Mays S USC - If we could get him for a 7th...

7c Jake Knott LB ISU - An improved version of Skuta

6c and 7c are projected comp picks.

According to Hobson

"And the Bengals could have up to 10 picks.

They have eight now with two second-rounders (one from the Carson Palmer trade) and two sixth-rounders (one from the Chad Johnson trade). The Bengals don't have a seventh-rounder (dealt for safety Taylor Mays), but they could get up to two late supplemental picks that are handed out at next month's league meetings."

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...b-ffc98164c7b1
Old 02-08-2013, 06:14 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20914
Default Re: If It Goes Our Way

I thought Walter Stewart had to give up football.

singersongwriterrocknroll
Old 02-08-2013, 06:45 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4025

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
I thought Walter Stewart had to give up football.
Doc cleared him.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:29 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3288

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATI BENGALS View Post
Would require us getting lucky more than once.

1 Eddie Lacy HB Bama - Truck like work horse beast monster bell cow (possible man crush).

2 Manti Te'O LB ND - Project Maualuga 2.0 v.freshstart.

2 Matt Elam S UF - Safeties fall sometimes.

3 Menelik Watson OL FSU - Football inexperience causes a slide for one of the most athletic OL in the draft.

4 Marquise Goodwin WR/ATH/KR/HB Texas - Olympian offers immense potential at WR while easily replacing Tate as KR/PR.

5 Tyler Bray QB - IDK I can hope, he is a designated throwing QB at the combine and that is supposedly a job often given to late round and UDFA guys.

6 Cierre Wood HB ND - You would be hard pressed to find a guy with more upside here.

6 Walter Stewart DE UC - Poor mans Barkevious Mingo. Injury scare results in us getting a steal.

6c Tyrann Mathieu CB LSU - I would have zero complaints about cutting Jason Allen and his salary and replacing him with a Heisman finalist acquired in the 6th round.

7 Taylor Mays S USC - If we could get him for a 7th...

7c Jake Knott LB ISU - An improved version of Skuta

6c and 7c are projected comp picks.

According to Hobson

"And the Bengals could have up to 10 picks.

They have eight now with two second-rounders (one from the Carson Palmer trade) and two sixth-rounders (one from the Chad Johnson trade). The Bengals don't have a seventh-rounder (dealt for safety Taylor Mays), but they could get up to two late supplemental picks that are handed out at next month's league meetings."

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...b-ffc98164c7b1
Uhh, Taylor Mays...? lolz. Unless you were putting him there to show that we have given up that pick because of the Mays trade. The way you labeled it does not really look that way though.

The other picks of the draft are somewhat of gambles though. Te'o is somewhat of a risk, Watson is inexperienced as you said, Mathieu is a clear risk, and Stewart's injury is a big risk.

This should probably be called the "pray all goes well mock".
Old 02-08-2013, 11:01 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6698

I have zero interest in Elam and Teo.

I don't really have much of an interest in Lacy in the first round.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:57 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstripes View Post
I have zero interest in Elam and Teo.

I don't really have much of an interest in Lacy in the first round.
Really? Both were leaders for their respective teams and the best player on defenses that were both ranked top 10 nationally and fill positions of need for us. Those are the types of guys that interest me.

I think a guy who could get us 1000 yards on the ground every year for 10 years who runs angry and punishes defenses is an attractive first round pick.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:20 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OchoCincos View Post
Uhh, Taylor Mays...? lolz. Unless you were putting him there to show that we have given up that pick because of the Mays trade. The way you labeled it does not really look that way though.

The other picks of the draft are somewhat of gambles though. Te'o is somewhat of a risk, Watson is inexperienced as you said, Mathieu is a clear risk, and Stewart's injury is a big risk.

This should probably be called the "pray all goes well mock".
Yea the Taylor Mays comment was a joke. Us getting him for our 7th was not.

There are no guarantees in the draft. Basically every pick is a risk.

I'd gladly take a risk on Te'O in the 2nd. We need a back up MLB. He could start at SAM. Or he could start at MLB and keep Burfict outside. It's an upgrade on Maualuga as far as coverage ability is concerned.

Menelik has as much upside as any OL in the draft. I think he would be a clear upgrade on Roland. I'd rather take a chance on a guy with immense physical ability who is still learning the game and developing over a guy who started for 4 years and proven that he isn't a dominant player.

For Mathieu and Stewart the potential benefits far outweigh the risks of spending a 6th round pick on them.