Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 02-08-2013, 09:53 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1787
Default Dream Mock

Ok, obviously this will never happen.

First this mock assumes that we cut BJGE. Yes. I know.
It also assumes we resign Gilberry, MJ, and Andre Smith. Maybe even Geathers if the price is right, and for depth.

We trade back a couple times and pick up 2 more 3rd round picks.

2a Giovanni Bernard - RB (North Carolina - 5'10" 205lbs., 4.57 40 Time) Feature Back.

2b Justin Hunter - WR (Tennessee - 6'4" 200lbs., 4.49 40 Time)

2c Sean Porter - OLB (Texas A&M - 5'10" 221lbs., 4.49 40 Time)

3a Da'Rick Rogers - WR (Tennessee Tech - 6'3" 206lbs., 4.52 40 Time)

3b Jamie Collins - OLB (Southern Mississippi - 6'3" 245lbs., 4.65 40 Time)

3c DJ Swearinger - FS (South Carolina - 5'11" 210lbs., 4.56 40 Time)

4 Le'Veon Bell - RB (Michigan State - 6'2" 244lbs. 4.62 40 Time) Power!

5 Kenjon Barner - RB (Oregon - 5'09" 188lbs., 4.39 40 Time) Speed!

6a Marcus Davis - WR (Virginia Tech - 6'4" 232lbs. 4.47 40 Time) Sitll a fan of his size and speed.I know roster spots are precious, but it's only a 6th rounder, so if he doesn't beat anyone out, not a huge loss.

6b Michael Williams - TE (Alabama - 6'6" 269lbs., 5.02 40 Time) Probably won't happen, but I am going by CBS rankings.

YES 3 RBs and 3 WRs! But Barner can return kicks. So it isn't that crazy, is it? I know he will probably go higher though, so we might have to either take him in the 3rd, or take Kerwynn Williams maybe?

Last edited by Pezmerga; 02-08-2013 at 11:04 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:21 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3274
Default Re: Dream Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezmerga View Post
Ok, obviously this will never happen.

First this mock assumes that we cut BJGE. Yes. I know.
It also assumes we resign Gilberry, MJ, and Andre Smith. Maybe even Geathers if the price is right, and for depth.

We trade back a couple times and pick up 2 more 3rd round picks.

2a Giovanni Bernard - RB (North Carolina - 5'10" 205lbs., 4.57 40 Time) Feature Back.

2b Justin Hunter - WR (Tennessee - 6'4" 200lbs., 4.49 40 Time)

2c Sean Porter - OLB (Texas A&M - 5'10" 221lbs., 4.49 40 Time)

3a Da'Rick Rogers - WR (Tennessee Tech - 6'3" 206lbs., 4.52 40 Time)

3b Jamie Collins - OLB (Southern Mississippi - 6'3" 245lbs., 4.65 40 Time)

3c DJ Swearinger - FS (USC - 5'11" 210lbs., 4.56 40 Time)

4 Le'Veon Bell - RB (Michigan State - 6'2" 244lbs. 4.62 40 Time) Power!

5 Kenjon Barner - RB (Oregon - 5'09" 188lbs., 4.39 40 Time) Speed!

6a Marcus Davis - WR (Virginia Tech - 6'4" 232lbs. 4.47 40 Time) Sitll a fan of his size and speed.I know roster spots are precious, but it's only a 6th rounder, so if he doesn't beat anyone out, not a huge loss.

6b Michael Williams - TE (Alabama - 6'6" 269lbs., 5.02 40 Time) Probably won't happen, but I am going by CBS rankings.

YES 3 RBs and 3 WRs! But Barner can return kicks. So it isn't that crazy, is it? I know he will probably go higher though, so we might have to either take him in the 3rd, or take Kerwynn Williams maybe?
Very ambitious. I would ask what the depth chart at WR and RB would look like with all these picks? I assume RB would be Bernard, Bell, Barner, and Peerman. WR is a bit unclear unless we were to either let Hawkins walk or hold 7 WRs.

I would assume no more than two RB picks, and no more than two WR picks. That would open up two spots on your mock. Maybe take two out of either a DE, CB, or OL. Maybe you feel comfortable with our current OL and CB group, as well as DE if we were to re-sign Gilberry, MJ, and Geathers. I could see those positions being ignored as they are not immediate needs, but there are still spots to upgrade on all those positions.

Last edited by OchoCincos; 02-08-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:30 AM
VIP Silver Member

Something like this maybe?

I didn't do Free Agency, but maybe we upgrade S and cut Taylor Mays too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Roster.jpg (92.9 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by Pezmerga; 02-08-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:07 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 344

Like the draft....alot. Just hate gio bernard. 4.57 doesnt give us the speed to take it to the trees u see it even in the tape that he is caught all the time from behind. I like the idea of a RB at 2a but if lacy is there and or Christine michael does what hes supposed to do at the combine i find both of those two the MUCH MUCH MUCH better pick. Eddie lacy is fast power full and explosive with the nfl size to carry the load. gio's size worries me. i dont think hes that srong. Christine michael could run in the 4.3's at the combine and with his size 5'11 220lbs if he does he is the much better pick here as well. Mainly becuase of the bad *** backs u have us drafting later. Dude get rid of bernard throw in lacy or Michael and this could be the best draft on here outside of mine haha SYYYYYYKKEE hate gio. weak and slow. great feet and great hands.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:45 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPChrisHenry View Post
Like the draft....alot. Just hate gio bernard. 4.57 doesnt give us the speed to take it to the trees u see it even in the tape that he is caught all the time from behind. I like the idea of a RB at 2a but if lacy is there and or Christine michael does what hes supposed to do at the combine i find both of those two the MUCH MUCH MUCH better pick. Eddie lacy is fast power full and explosive with the nfl size to carry the load. gio's size worries me. i dont think hes that srong. Christine michael could run in the 4.3's at the combine and with his size 5'11 220lbs if he does he is the much better pick here as well. Mainly becuase of the bad *** backs u have us drafting later. Dude get rid of bernard throw in lacy or Michael and this could be the best draft on here outside of mine haha SYYYYYYKKEE hate gio. weak and slow. great feet and great hands.
Don't have to sell me on Lacy, I just wanted to mock someone new, and I like both prospects. I actually like Monte Ball too. I am also a fan of Christine Michael. If we come out of the draft with any of those RBs, I'd be extremely happy.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:30 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6668

I really don't see a scenario where we would be able to move back twice and pick up 2 extra 3rd round picks.

That being said, I would rather see this team move up into the 3rd round with some of the day 3 picks. I don't think this team needs restocked at the bottom of the roster, it needs to add guys at the top of the roster.