Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 02-08-2013, 02:38 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5575
Default Nice Cap Site...

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/cap-hit/

did not see this anywhere and hope they update it as the weeks go by...

add 121.1 million cap to our 8.5 million carry over- 129.6

current cap figure- 75.7

_______
53.9 million to spend to full cap

we do not have to spend to the cap floor this year...this is where it gets tricky is that you can carry over every year but in the four year period 2013 - 2016 the team must spend to the 89% cap floor for the total period, fortunately the cap floor is not supposed to expand greatly like in the past

so let's use the following

2013 cap- 121.1
2014 cap- 121.6
2015 cap- 122.1
2016 cap- 122.6

484.7 total for 4 years...cap floor total for 4 years....431.4 million

that is a little over 107 per year spent in total salaries, bonuses, etc each year

we are at 75.7 right now.....that means just to stay on average and meet the floor we just need to spend around 31.3 million this year.....the following year would just be 89% more of whatever is added to the cap...which is supposed to be less than 1 million per year...the cap is based on revenues...NFL revenues are at just about their peak...do not expect big jumps in future caps like in the past

In conclusion...If I figured this out I am sure that Mikey Boy has.....expect the same course as usual...re sign our main players and a few middle FAs to fill in the holes.........
Old 02-08-2013, 01:44 PM
VIP Silver Member

Default Re: Nice Cap Site...

48 views and no responses....hurts when the truth comes and smacks you in the face...lol

The Bengals are not going to be big players in FA....end of story....

I hope they change this year and want to win but I have this bad feeling it is not gonna happen
Old 02-08-2013, 03:13 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 595
steelers Re: Nice Cap Site...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazz70 View Post
48 views and no responses....hurts when the truth comes and smacks you in the face...lol

The Bengals are not going to be big players in FA....end of story....

I hope they change this year and want to win but I have this bad feeling it is not gonna happen
Who the hell cares about the salary cap. Unless you're in charge of the teams finances, why bother? Doesn't effect me one bit.

I didn't look at the site you linked, but don't see the point of your post. All I know is I'm happy we have the ability to retain guys like Atkins, Dunlap, MJ, Andre Smith, etc I care about winning games, not spending money.

As for being "active" in free agency, not sure what you consider active. The teams you probably consider active in signing big names to big contracts are also the same teams that lose big names in free agency and are continually releasing big names because they can't afford to keep them. They're not upgrading their roster. They're just changing names on the uniforms from one year to the next - signing free agents to replace the free agents they lose.

Last edited by Bull Durham; 02-08-2013 at 03:17 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:35 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
Who the hell cares about the salary cap. Unless you're in charge of the teams finances, why bother? Doesn't effect me one bit.

I didn't look at the site you linked, but don't see the point of your post. All I know is I'm happy we have the ability to retain guys like Atkins, Dunlap, MJ, Andre Smith, etc I care about winning games, not spending money.

As for being "active" in free agency, not sure what you consider active. The teams you probably consider active in signing big names to big contracts are also the same teams that lose big names in free agency and are continually releasing big names because they can't afford to keep them. They're not upgrading their roster. They're just changing names on the uniforms from one year to the next - signing free agents to replace the free agents they lose.
Good points...but we are not going to be active in FA at all...we are not going to improve our team was my point...we are going to win games...we are not going to win playoff games and Super Bowls

Awesome...we re sign the players you mentioned...where are we then?? The same place we were last year...actually worse because we have glaring holes at S, RB, 2- LBers and WR 2....
Old 02-08-2013, 04:12 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 595

Quote:
Good points...but we are not going to be active in FA at all...we are not going to improve our team was my point...we are going to win games...we are not going to win playoff games and Super Bowls

Awesome...we re sign the players you mentioned...where are we then?? The same place we were last year...actually worse because we have glaring holes at S, RB, 2- LBers and WR 2....
Don't freak out and get your panties all in a bunch. They bengals will improve their team. They're not going to be worse. You actually think they're not going to do anything?
Old 02-08-2013, 04:56 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24492
bengals Re: Nice Cap Site...

What a let down. I thought you were going to have a link to somewhere to get a nice Bengals hat.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:00 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
What a let down. I thought you were going to have a link to somewhere to get a nice Bengals hat.
lmao...good one OSU.....
Old 02-08-2013, 05:47 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24492
bengals Re: Nice Cap Site...

Quote:
lmao...good one OSU.....
Sorry but I could not resist.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:43 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 16880

Quote:
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/cap-hit/

did not see this anywhere and hope they update it as the weeks go by...

add 121.1 million cap to our 8.5 million carry over- 129.6

current cap figure- 75.7

_______
53.9 million to spend to full cap

we do not have to spend to the cap floor this year...this is where it gets tricky is that you can carry over every year but in the four year period 2013 - 2016 the team must spend to the 89% cap floor for the total period, fortunately the cap floor is not supposed to expand greatly like in the past

so let's use the following

2013 cap- 121.1
2014 cap- 121.6
2015 cap- 122.1
2016 cap- 122.6

484.7 total for 4 years...cap floor total for 4 years....431.4 million

that is a little over 107 per year spent in total salaries, bonuses, etc each year

we are at 75.7 right now.....that means just to stay on average and meet the floor we just need to spend around 31.3 million this year.....the following year would just be 89% more of whatever is added to the cap...which is supposed to be less than 1 million per year...the cap is based on revenues...NFL revenues are at just about their peak...do not expect big jumps in future caps like in the past

In conclusion...If I figured this out I am sure that Mikey Boy has.....expect the same course as usual...re sign our main players and a few middle FAs to fill in the holes.........
This is the only problem I have with your numbers. I find it hard to believe guys like Anderson and Allen have guaranteed contracts. Those are just two of many my guess is don't have a 100% guaranteed contract. Those 2 alone could be cut and save 5.9 million, Peko is due to make 5.9 million. Will he be cut or resturctured?

My point is we also need to know how many of these contracts are guaranteed or what portion of the contract is gauranteed before we can truly know our cao liability for 2013.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:35 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvnit2 View Post
This is the only problem I have with your numbers. I find it hard to believe guys like Anderson and Allen have guaranteed contracts. Those are just two of many my guess is don't have a 100% guaranteed contract. Those 2 alone could be cut and save 5.9 million, Peko is due to make 5.9 million. Will he be cut or resturctured?

My point is we also need to know how many of these contracts are guaranteed or what portion of the contract is gauranteed before we can truly know our cao liability for 2013.
None are guaranteed...no NFL contract is guaranteed....you are correct...we could cut every player and sign all new ones and spend the entire salary cap....I believe that this cap number is pretty firm...give or take a few players....so some room could be freed up....