Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 02-08-2013, 02:09 PM
RhythmicGeek's Avatar
RhythmicGeek RhythmicGeek is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Quick Stop
Posts: 22,807
Rep Points: 35996
Default Re: Cliche phrases you hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westwood Bengal View Post
This. YOLO is dumba$$ for carpe diem.
__________________
http://boards.bengals.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19598&dateline=140958  0108
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-08-2013, 03:51 PM
Bengal Dude's Avatar
Bengal Dude Bengal Dude is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 39,080
Rep Points: 51198
Default Re: Cliche phrases you hate

Kicking the tires.....
__________________

You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Quote:
The price of greatness is responsibility.-Mike Riley, Oregon State football coach

Rodney Holman-318
Jermaine Gresham-220
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-08-2013, 03:52 PM
THEBURG THEBURG is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9,398
Rep Points: 7448
bengals Re: Cliche phrases you hate

It is what it is
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-08-2013, 03:53 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 34,426
Rep Points: 33420
Default Re: Cliche phrases you hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBURG View Post
It is what it is
Must be destiney.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-08-2013, 03:58 PM
STC's Avatar
STC STC is online now
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Halls of Montezuma
Posts: 6,348
Rep Points: 38762
Default Re: Cliche phrases you hate

Every last analyst on ESPN says, "...and oh, by the way..." and it drives me nuts. I really don't know why I watch that channel.
__________________
"There's nothing like revenge for getting back at people." -Lenny Leonard
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 02-08-2013, 04:04 PM
Fan_in_Kettering's Avatar
Fan_in_Kettering Fan_in_Kettering is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 8,147
Rep Points: 27197
Default Re: Cliche phrases you hate

"Because we've always done it that way."

That one makes my blood boil and I develop the sudden urge to pimp-slap whomever said it.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02-08-2013, 04:06 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 34,426
Rep Points: 33420
Default Re: Cliche phrases you hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan_in_Kettering View Post
"Because we've always done it that way."

That one makes my blood boil and I develop the sudden urge to pimp-slap whomever said it.
That is kind of the opposite of one of my favorites.

Those that cant adapt, do not survive.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-08-2013, 04:07 PM
Jabberwocky Jabberwocky is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Montgomery, Ohio
Posts: 3,096
Rep Points: 8217
Default Re: Cliche phrases you hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
"could care less"

because it's WRONG

you are saying that you DO care, because it is possible to care less than you care! You mean to say "Couldn't care less"

How about just saying "I don't give a flying rats..." oh...uhm...I don't care? Much easier to say, too.
__________________
DO OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY!


ALL IN FOR ANDY
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-08-2013, 04:23 PM
wildcats forever's Avatar
wildcats forever wildcats forever is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5,201
Rep Points: 53954
Default Re: Cliche phrases you hate

Anything that contains "bungle"; that word just chaps my arse ...
__________________
" Insignificant events can take on monumental proportions when your head is full of practically nothing." - Grace Slick
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-08-2013, 04:31 PM
STC's Avatar
STC STC is online now
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Halls of Montezuma
Posts: 6,348
Rep Points: 38762
Default Re: Cliche phrases you hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal Dude View Post
Kicking the tires.....
Where did this phrase come from, in reference to free agency? Was it a Hobson piece or something?
__________________
"There's nothing like revenge for getting back at people." -Lenny Leonard
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02-08-2013, 04:37 PM
BengalsRocker's Avatar
BengalsRocker BengalsRocker is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,264
Rep Points: 9962
Default Re: Cliche phrases you hate

Like someone said before...

"Everything happens for a reason."

Like it's their fate, or some devine prophecy of their destiny. No matter what they do.

Ever know someone who continually makes bad decisions?

Then they say stupid crap like that!

Yeah it happens... because you are a dumb***.
__________________
"It's such a fine line between stupid and clever"

Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-08-2013, 04:39 PM
BengalYankee's Avatar
BengalYankee BengalYankee is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 11,125
Rep Points: 18122
Default Re: Cliche phrases you hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by devils advocate View Post
Right now for me it's "you mad bro?". Cuts right through me.

With that said, there are others, but it is what it is....


__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-08-2013, 04:43 PM
Stewy's Avatar
Stewy Stewy is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Into the Void.......
Posts: 7,020
Rep Points: 29149
Default Re: Cliche phrases you hate

The use of the word Irregardless, which is not a word at all.

Unique:
Adverbs in front of unique. Unique is unique..it isn't very. It doesn't have many. It just is.....unique.
__________________
cheers!

-Stewwy
---------------------------------------------------
ESPN has the journalistic integrity of a turnip!
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 02-08-2013, 05:07 PM
Jabberwocky Jabberwocky is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Montgomery, Ohio
Posts: 3,096
Rep Points: 8217
Default Re: Cliche phrases you hate

I know, right? Or, in texting, "IKR"

__________________
DO OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY!


ALL IN FOR ANDY
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 02-08-2013, 05:29 PM
Brick's Avatar
Brick Brick is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kent, OH
Posts: 10,228
Rep Points: 19184
Default Re: Cliche phrases you hate

More of a word. "Brah" as in slang for "bro". Hawaiians can use it all they want because that's their word. I smack anyone in ohio who uses it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 02-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Nebuchadnezzar is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,593
Rep Points: 8760
Default Re: Cliche phrases you hate

I don't think there's a little saying that gets on my nerves. What I hate are those people who spell check others. "Well, you're a dumb *** because it's "Their" not "There" so what you say is wrong". Although sometimes using the wrong word does make me laugh. I've seen people use "There", "They're" and "Their" wrong in one paragraph. It really does make you wonder about the educational system in this country.

Wait, one that really gets on my nerves is the phrase, "I've played since vanilla". This is such a dumb saying and I hate it. For those who don't know, "I've played since vanilla" means the person has been around since the beginning of whatever game they are playing. People use this because they think it makes their argument more valid than someone else's.

Then there are people who posts walls of text, then those people who post, "Wall of text crits for 1,000,000." both gets on my nerves.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-08-2013, 06:49 PM
SunsetBengal's Avatar
SunsetBengal SunsetBengal is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sunset Beach, NC
Posts: 15,537
Rep Points: 45614
Default Re: Cliche phrases you hate

This is a fun thread, puts me in mind of the logical fallacies thread we had a while back.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-08-2013, 09:08 PM
Slappy from New Haven's Avatar
Slappy from New Haven Slappy from New Haven is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Cackalaky
Posts: 12,456
Rep Points: 17245
Default Re: Cliche phrases you hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by STC View Post
It's not really a cliche, but anything involving swag, swaggin', or swagger.
This one gets me. SWAG has a meaning . ***** we all get. It is therm musicians used to use when they played in a city and a manager would make sure they got the finest of everything the city had to offer
__________________
formerly NC Bengal Mike
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-08-2013, 09:18 PM
Interceptor's Avatar
Interceptor Interceptor is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: under a rock
Posts: 5,651
Rep Points: 9630
Default Re: Cliche phrases you hate

"Win some, lose some." -- This is just a loser's mentality.
__________________




Bad coaching can neutralize even the most talented of athletes.

There are two seasons of the year for me: Football Season and waiting for Football Season.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-08-2013, 10:41 PM
Helldog's Avatar
Helldog Helldog is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: paradise
Posts: 4,213
Rep Points: 7076
Default Re: Cliche phrases you hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick View Post
More of a word. "Brah" as in slang for "bro". Hawaiians can use it all they want because that's their word. I smack anyone in ohio who uses it.

You mad BRAH!?!
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02-08-2013, 10:58 PM
bengals23's Avatar
bengals23 bengals23 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sanger, California
Posts: 7,741
Rep Points: 8770
Default Re: Cliche phrases you hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick View Post
More of a word. "Brah" as in slang for "bro". Hawaiians can use it all they want because that's their word. I smack anyone in ohio who uses it.
I request California get this exception as well.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-08-2013, 10:59 PM
bengals23's Avatar
bengals23 bengals23 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sanger, California
Posts: 7,741
Rep Points: 8770
Default Re: Cliche phrases you hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by STC View Post
It's not really a cliche, but anything involving swag, swaggin', or swagger.
Says people that don't have swag.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-08-2013, 11:01 PM
jmccracky's Avatar
jmccracky jmccracky is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lancaster, Ohio
Posts: 7,866
Rep Points: 16944
Default Re: Cliche phrases you hate

All of my friends repeat words, and it irks me something fierce. (Is that another one? haha)

My friends always say "Cool. Cool", or "Right on. Right on."

I didn't mind it at first, but now I hear it 50 times a day. Even from strangers.
__________________
Shalom Aleikhem
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-08-2013, 11:05 PM
devils advocate's Avatar
devils advocate devils advocate is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Smoker's Section
Posts: 5,463
Rep Points: 16537
bengals Re: Cliche phrases you hate

Irregardless of what y'all think... And I'm just kicking the tires on this one because I've always done it that way and I could care less because hey, you win some, you lose some and everything happens for a reason ( IKR), and oh! By the way it must be destiny because YOLO, amirite brah's?

What I'm gettin at is that it must be 5 o'clock somewhere. With that said, it is what it is... It is what it is....swag is swag my doods!
__________________
Sorry 'bout my english, Im American.

Last edited by devils advocate; 02-08-2013 at 11:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 02-08-2013, 11:26 PM
Carlos Spicyweiner's Avatar
Carlos Spicyweiner Carlos Spicyweiner is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Where the Realists congregate
Posts: 2,300
Rep Points: 5479
Default Re: Cliche phrases you hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by devils advocate View Post
Irregardless of what y'all think... And I'm just kicking the tires on this one because I've always done it that way and I could care less because hey, you win some, you lose some and everything happens for a reason ( IKR), and oh! By the way it must be destiny because YOLO, amirite brah's?

What I'm gettin at is that it must be 5 o'clock somewhere. With that said, it is what it is... It is what it is....swag is swag my doods!
Right on, right on. Brah!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.