Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-09-2013, 02:06 AM
cinc4ever1's Avatar
cinc4ever1 cinc4ever1 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Springfield,IL
Posts: 17,774
Rep Points: 22971
Default So I have Bells Palsy

Not sure how many of you know about this. But it is a face deseise that parylizes the left side of your face. It has been a long 9 weeks today. Drs say it should go away, but they did say it would have went away bye now. I hope I do get rid of it soon, as it has resulted in some moments where I dont feel comfortable in public.

Has anyone else had it...if so how long did it take for it to go away or did it?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-09-2013, 02:16 AM
Treee's Avatar
Treee Treee is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: \(.o)/
Posts: 4,010
Rep Points: 18280
Default Re: So I have Bells Palsy

You'll be in my thoughts my friend.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-09-2013, 02:33 AM
wcu's Avatar
wcu wcu is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 3,732
Rep Points: 13615
Default Re: So I have Bells Palsy

No experience with that particular malady here, but I do wish you the best of luck and my prayers.
__________________

Thanks for the awesome sig, Steeler Eater!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-09-2013, 07:51 AM
RedneckCrazyTrain RedneckCrazyTrain is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 395
Rep Points: 644
Default Re: So I have Bells Palsy

Never knew anything aboutit till I went to a Def Leppard concert at riverbend...was on the lawn watchin the screen and noticed that Rick Savage kinda hid behind a fat microphone...went home and googled some ****. Come to find out that's what he has.

Good Luck man
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-09-2013, 08:14 AM
devils advocate's Avatar
devils advocate devils advocate is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Smoker's Section
Posts: 5,523
Rep Points: 16688
bengals Re: So I have Bells Palsy

Just randomly yell out "Adrian"!

Just kiddin my dude. Hope all goes well for ya and it goes away soon.
__________________
Sorry 'bout my english, Im American.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-09-2013, 08:36 AM
SunsetBengal's Avatar
SunsetBengal SunsetBengal is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sunset Beach, NC
Posts: 15,745
Rep Points: 47124
Default Re: So I have Bells Palsy

Sad to hear that. Hope it goes away soon for you.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-09-2013, 11:17 AM
Sabretooth Sabretooth is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sandston Va
Posts: 613
Rep Points: 1431
Default Re: So I have Bells Palsy

I had it years ago, my right side of the face was paralyzed overnight.
My mouth pulled to the left and stayed open- had to tilt head so food would stay in
I couldnot close the right eyelid so:
a. had to lubricate eye regularly with ointment
b. sleep with protective cup over eye to avoid damage

The doctor perfomed a battery of " stroke " tests on me initially. She said 15% don't return to normal . So You have a great chance for recovery !

I visited close family members to let them see my appearance, and determine otherwise I'm ok.
Every coworker that was concerned came to me and shared similar experiences of others.
It took 3 months for complete return.
Don't worry about your appearance ,just live normally.Your loved ones,family, and friends will understand and support you.
Good Luck
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-09-2013, 11:22 AM
alwaysabengal's Avatar
alwaysabengal alwaysabengal is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 58
Rep Points: 75
Unhappy Re: So I have Bells Palsy

I had it several years a go. Was working outside trying to unthaw a fuel oil line for the heating stove. My wife massaged my face everday. I had to sleep with a patch over my eye at night. Took about three weeks to get over it. Don't want to get that ever again.

The nerves run through a cartalage. When they swell it cuts off the messages sent.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-09-2013, 11:28 AM
Bengalzona's Avatar
Bengalzona Bengalzona is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Petting L'il Sebastian
Posts: 24,770
Rep Points: 78531
Default Re: So I have Bells Palsy

Sorry to hear that, bro. The good news is that it should only be temporary. Don't be ashamed about your appearance since you can't do anything about it until it heals. Your friends will accept that, or they aren't your friends.

BTW- Any chance that it is from Lyme Disease?
__________________
A message to the team:
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-10-2013, 04:12 PM
cinc4ever1's Avatar
cinc4ever1 cinc4ever1 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Springfield,IL
Posts: 17,774
Rep Points: 22971
Default Re: So I have Bells Palsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalzona View Post
Sorry to hear that, bro. The good news is that it should only be temporary. Don't be ashamed about your appearance since you can't do anything about it until it heals. Your friends will accept that, or they aren't your friends.

BTW- Any chance that it is from Lyme Disease?

Thanks all for the support.

Nope not Lyme disease. I had a cold, and they say a common cold with a ear ache can cause it. Well that is what happened to me.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-10-2013, 04:13 PM
cinc4ever1's Avatar
cinc4ever1 cinc4ever1 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Springfield,IL
Posts: 17,774
Rep Points: 22971
Default Re: So I have Bells Palsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
I had it years ago, my right side of the face was paralyzed overnight.
My mouth pulled to the left and stayed open- had to tilt head so food would stay in
I couldnot close the right eyelid so:
a. had to lubricate eye regularly with ointment
b. sleep with protective cup over eye to avoid damage

The doctor perfomed a battery of " stroke " tests on me initially. She said 15% don't return to normal . So You have a great chance for recovery !

I visited close family members to let them see my appearance, and determine otherwise I'm ok.
Every coworker that was concerned came to me and shared similar experiences of others.
It took 3 months for complete return.
Don't worry about your appearance ,just live normally.Your loved ones,family, and friends will understand and support you.
Good Luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabengal View Post
I had it several years a go. Was working outside trying to unthaw a fuel oil line for the heating stove. My wife massaged my face everday. I had to sleep with a patch over my eye at night. Took about three weeks to get over it. Don't want to get that ever again.

The nerves run through a cartalage. When they swell it cuts off the messages sent.

I have had to sleep with the eyepatch and use that ointment as well. I freaking hate it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.